New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Transcendent Darkness IC

Zakira looks at the shards and, being trained in some measure of parkour and getting through obstacles with nimbleness, decides to leap over the shrapnel while flipping in the air and land on the other side of it.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Acrobatic skill test Dexterity + Strength to leap over the shrapnel:
    (4d10)[5][6][7][1](19) (Keep 3)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Karalan might not have been the strongest or toughest person around, but the tumultuous times recent years have been for him have led him to be pretty good at not getting hit. Hopefully he was as good at dodging shrapnel as he was bullets.

Spoiler
    Show

Dexterity+Acrobatics (4k3): (4d10)[8][7][10][7](32), total: 25 (forgot to do explode dice, but it doesn't really matter here)
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-05-15 at 09:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Karalan and Zakira join Anemone in the trashed laboratory. They see much the same sights she did, the wreckage and mess, the clear signs of tampering. But also they see the little dryad rushing towards them, a strange object clutched in her hands.

Carefully, the remains and the survivor are loaded onto the shuttle and the remainder of the pod searched. There's the usual survival gear: a set of 5 voidsuits, bottles of water, nutrient bars. The pod's data recorder, however, has been fried. More than just fried, it was melted to slag. Odd, considering that there should not have been a significant heat source within the pod during reentry, and nothing else shows signs of similar damage.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

"...I've taken the liberty of ordering the squad to check the area surrounding the pod one more time for signs of other survivors." The tactical officer finished his report.

El'Ashel nodded her approval. "There must have been someone that dealt with the data recorder. If we can find them, they might have further answers. However, if the ground team doesn't find any signs of another survivor in the next five minutes, order them to return. If someone's down there that has the skills to remain hidden I'd rather leave them be than risk what we've recovered so far."
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Karalan nods to Anenome as she rushes over, the object quickly getting his attention. "Oh, you've found something? Have you any idea what it does?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

"This plate!" Anemone answers hastily, she has so many things to say that her words are out of order, "It's not magical but, you see, the alloy, the pattern, the triangle at the center, by Vectron, there must be something important in this plate!"

It takes her a minute to calm down, and clarify things if she confused anyone.
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-05-24 at 09:03 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Linklele. Thank you!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira
    She isn't sure if she can say anything given that she isn't wearing a void suit, and and this space station has no atmosphere, so she lets Anemone speak it over with Karalan and walk around alert searching for other clues of her target perhaps or watching out for more shadows in case she needs to kill more.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Five minutes later, no sign of another survivor is found, and the ground team is ready to return to the Lancebreaker. Whoever or whatever destroyed the flight recorder seems to be capable of evading detection.

Nothing unexpected pops out to threaten the explorers on the wrecked station. While Karalan and Anemone are conversing, Zakira is silently searching the remnants of the laboratory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raziere, give me a perception check for Zakira.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

"The ground team is on the way back up, Kor'El." The Lancebreaker's tactical officer reported. El'Ahsel nodded to indicate she'd received the report then scanned the various screens reporting information on the ship and its surroundings again. Everything was still quiet, and until they heard back from the station team there wouldn't be much else they could do.

"Sensors, please do another sweep of the station. Check for active signal transmissions in particular." It would probably not turn up anything, but her associates might have stirred something awake. And if so, she wanted to know.

Spoiler: sensor sweep
    Show

Only rolling 15 out of the 21 available dice to represent the fact that other activities are also taking place on the ship in the background, such as securing salvage and the like.

(15d10)[8][8][10][10][1][8][3][6][1][8][8][2][9][2][1](85)+10 keep 4: 56 (see OOC thread for explosion roll)

Last edited by DeTess; 2021-06-03 at 02:00 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

10. - Top - End - #100

Default Anemone

Anemone asks Karalan and gestures Zakira, "Do any of you guys recognize this pattern?" and points at the plate.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Five minutes later, no sign of another survivor is found, and the ground team is ready to return to the Lancebreaker. Whoever or whatever destroyed the flight recorder seems to be capable of evading detection.

Nothing unexpected pops out to threaten the explorers on the wrecked station. While Karalan and Anemone are conversing, Zakira is silently searching the remnants of the laboratory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raziere, give me a perception check for Zakira.
    She needed to after all, find her target and any clue might help.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show

(4d10)[4][3][9][5](21) keep 2

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Zakira's search doesn't turn up much, at first.
    This place is a mess, and other than the unusual artifacts sitting out, there aren't many other things of interest. However, she eventually, after a few minutes of looking, finds a small crystal vial with a stopper made from the same alien metal as many of the other artifacts. The container is half full of an unknown blue liquid.

It does not seem likely there is anything else hidden here. Maybe there might be information on the computer terminal, if it could be repaired and supplied with power.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #103

Anemone attempts to figure out what's in the vial. She first examines it without opening it, but if that fails, she then opens the vial and examine the liquid more thoroughly.

Spoiler: rolls!
    Show

Arcana? 7k4 (10d10)[3][7][5][3][6][9][3][3][3][6](48) (7+5+6+9=27.)

Backup rolls: (10d10)[4][3][5][3][3][10][7][3][8][8](54)
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-07-31 at 12:41 AM.