New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Transcendent Darkness IC

Oreas is hardly much to look at. A barely-inhabited Sphere on the fringes of known space, it's most prevalent industry is mining carried out on the desolate and uninhabitable planets and asteroids of the system. But four people have made their way here, for one reason or another.

El'Ashel
    Some time ago:
    "The details of this mission are strictly classified. In the Sphere of Oreas, there is a secret research station. For the Greater Good, their research into Syrneth remnants must be appropriated, and their source located. You may use whatever methods are at your disposal. If necessary, secure trustworthy local aid. Any reasonable expenses will be covered." The Tau official is not El'Ashel's usual contact, but this communication was flagged as being highly urgent. Following the instructions, the Lancebreaker charted a course for Oreas and has recently arrived at the system's major space station. The location of the secret facility mentioned in the briefing is still unknown.

Zakira
    The Brujah messenger had been clear. The Eldarin scholar Torela Ashima must die. Why, exactly, was unstated, but Zakira wouldn't want to disappoint her sire, would she?
    The Eldarin had been tracked to the Sphere of Oreas, where she and several other worshippers of Acerath were seen departing from Oreas Station to an unknown location within the Sphere.

Karalan
    He had been going somewhere else, from one rumored Syrneth site to another, but when the trader he was traveling with decided to skip out of Oreas Station early, Karalan was stranded there, in yet another of the many incidents that plague his journeys. However, shortly thereafter, he had a sudden sense that something had gone terribly wrong, and that it was somehow connected to his former life. Somewhere in the system was something relevant to his past. He just needs to find it.

Anemone
    A series of fragmented memories and disjointed visions led Anemone to Oreas. She was here once, in her past life. The planets are familiar to her. If she could only remember, she might be able to find something here. Her memories seem to indicate that whatever it is, finding it might be very important. But where, and how?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Transcendent Darkness IC

El'Ashel stepped into a little used corridor on the Oreas station. She wasn't wearing her uniform, opting for a nondescript coat, black shirt and jeans worn over a mostly skin-tight pressure suit instead. The corridor she'd just stepped into was part of a handful of little-used locations on the station that the Lancebreaker's teleportarium used to drop off and pick up crew for their mission.

The ship itself was being watched. You couldn't arrive in a ship like the Lancebreaker at an out-of-the-way port like this without attracting attention. This was all according to plan, of course. If she'd wanted to keep quiet she could have kept the ship running silent in some half-forgotten asteroid belt while she and her crew gathered information, but she wanted it to be seen. The ship got people talking and wondering about its goal, which in turn gave her and her crew a source of information. Anyone with something to hide would have to consider the possibility of the ship having arrived to cause trouble for them, and the scramble to hide all the dirty laundry should get them the information they needed.

That was the theory anyway. And if she'd been here to deal with a narcotics smuggling ring, or an enclave of paranoid survivalists, or any of half a dozen other less-than legal operations she'd be ready to move in and take them out. But the research operation she'd been hunting down had proven a lot more elusive. She sighed as she sent a signal, and a moment alter she found herself back aboard her ship. It was time to implement plan B.

Half an hour later she was walking down the ramp connecting her ship to the station. She was wearing her uniform now, a dark red jacket and similarly colored pants with a variety of white decorations and rank insignia. After leaving the ramp she headed deeper into the stations, heading for one of the more up-market cafés in the station, took a seat, and ordered what passed for tea in this place. Plan A had been to find out what she needed to know with no one the wiser. Plan B was to see who'd come sniffing for information once she made herself available, and turn the tables on them. Not as elegant as plan A, but it'd have to do.

Spoiler: the Lancebreaker
    Show

Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-28 at 12:14 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I arrived in Oreas! I must find the... the..."
    "Ouch. I can't remember what it is."

It was like a dream. She arrived, yet she does not even remember why.
    Anemone looks around, the surrounding scene simultaneously familiar and novel.
    She looks at herself, dressed in robes she bought from one of the few outside contacts of Actaeon, taking moments to confirm that she is the dryad Anemone, not some Syrne who had visited Oreas once.

"I... Anemone, praise Vectron! Anemone exists!"

Anemone takes a deep breath, fetches the Kaleidoscope, her only trusted friend besides Actaeon, from her backpack. Then she carefully enters the station.

Barren places like this always make her nervous.
    Awesome avatar by Linklele. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira:
    Well, technically she could go for some disappointment. Some anger. It is not the wisest thing in the world to go against her sire yet, but she will get around to it. Sooner or later. For now she gathers power, overthrow the tyrants of the world she can actually take down. Question is if the scholar is helping one, if killing her aligns with her own goals. Could go either way. Always think for yourself, do your own investigating. People in power never want the truth to come out, never want their secrets told. This scholar, if someone powerful wants her eliminated was probably important for something. Tzeentch knows that knowledge is always important. When its Acerath, god of secrets? Something is up.

She commands the crew to dock at the space station. Her ship was known as The Crimson Cutlass and her crew was all female. She had her preferences, Slaanesh understood. She needed to know where those cultists are going before she pursues. Zakira will walk out, her two katanas sheathed on her left hip, wearing black boots and pants, purple shirt, red vest, white cravat with a big black coat and gold lining. Complete with a little Chaos Undivided pendant dangling from her neck. The Lancebreaker docking in the same system? Can't be coincidence. Not in this backwater. She will go to the same cafe and sit down at the same table, across from El'Ashel, casually. She ain't afraid of some tau stooge.
    "Hey, Tau. You seem important with your ship and uniform. Know anything about some Acerath worshippers? Came through here recently."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The first one to approach her came as a small surprise to El'Ashel. She'd hoped for a local to make the first approach, but it wasn't too surprising that they'd wait a bit, while a stranger wouldn't have the same reserve. The Tiefling that approached her was bold, brash, and could be considered beautiful, if you where into dangerous women.

"Hmmm..." She considered for a moment, taking another sip of her tea. She could lie to this woman, and use her to hunt down her own quarry, though she doubted the tiefling would appreciate the ruse once discovered. But then again, she might not have to. After all, she had heard about a group matching the description the woman had given her, and the fact that she'd not been able to find out much more about them suggested a potential connection to her own elusive quarry.

"They've still got a lead on you." She replied, matter of factly. "A group matching your description passed through the station, but they've departed now, with no declared destination." She waited just a moment to let that sink in, then continued. "Though I might have some idea of where they could have gone. Tell me, why do you think these Acerath worshipers have come to this sphere?"
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-01-28 at 04:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira:
    She thinks, how to word this?
    "I think they're after something important. Something someone is willing to kill them for- or to kill to hide. Lets just say there might be people out for someone's head among those worshippers. I honestly don't know what over though, but Acerath is all about secrets and people in power like their secrets, so it must be important. While I want to investigate see if its a secret that should be known or not. Y'know. For the common people."
    She smiles, showing her teeth and vampiric fangs. She was obviously trying to get as much information out of her as she was, so the name of the game was to act like the assassin part of the job was a different person, but if El'Ashel saw through that she'd come clean. If El'Ashel had a problem with her and what she intended, best to get it over with it sooner rather than later, but if the omission stood and it turned out the scholar was up to something no one wanted, then thats just another ally to help kill her.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Karalan wasn't terribly put out by the trader leaving him in the lurch - it was probably better for the man that he hadn't stuck around with Karalan for too long. Besides, it had worked out for the best with this opportunity...if he could find a lead. For now, he remained in the station, considering what he already knew of this place and thinking of a way forwards.

The captains of the two recently arrived vessels get his attention, but he doesn't get up to interrupt their conversation. He considers probing their minds, but his focus is better suited used on his own issue rather than satisfying curiosity. As he thinks, he looks over the station's sparse travellers, until someone catches his eye. Why does that dryad feel a little familiar? Regardless of that, they have a mithril weapon. Artefacts were rare in these parts, and in the past his memories had brought him to them, so it seemed as good a lead as any. Rising from his seat, he approaches Anemone. "Hello there. I am Karalan. Can we talk?"

Spoiler
    Show

Academic Lore on Oreas' past, trying to figure out if anything he knows hints at the Syrne or why his memories are relevant here (plus general info): 9k5, reroll 1s from spec (9d10)[8][7][5][4][4][4][6][7][3](48) - 33
    Forum doesn't do automatic rerolls, so here's just a bunch of dice to grab 1 rerolls from: (5d10)[5][8][10][5][9](37)
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-01-29 at 12:44 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel had hoped for something a bit more concrete than what the fanged Tiefling had given her. Still there was some information there, buried in what the other woman had said.

"Without certainty about their goal, I can't give you certainty about their destination." She paused a moment, considering her next words carefully. "However, there is a place out there that should be of particular interest to them. A clandestine research station, to be precise."

"The way I see it, our goals align. You need to find these worshipers, and this station is either where they are, where they have been, or where they will be. I need to find this station for my own reasons, but I don't particularly care one way or another about what happens to the people on the station." She kept a close eye on the other woman as she mentioned that last bit, trying to gauge her reaction and determine her intentions. She'd mentioned someone wanted these worshipers dead, and she didn't particularly look like a bodyguard, which meant she was most likely the one hunting these people, or someone hunting their would-be assassins.

"Of course, if I knew the exact location of this station, I wouldn't be sitting here, so as our goals align, so do our problems." She paused a moment to let all that sink in, then presented her proposal. "I'll be hunting for clues on this station's whereabouts for a while yet, but while I do so, I learn other things as well. I don't doubt the same will be true for your search. If I learn something of relevance to your hunt, whether it's a clue to the station's location, or a more direct trace of these worshipers, I could share it with you. Likewise, if you find a trace of this station, there should be no harm in informing me. That way, we should both find what we're after quicker than if we continue searching on our own."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The entire station is in a state of disrepair and decay. This is not somewhere many people want to go, but it is definitely a good place to hide. The café is probably the best establishment in this backwater, but that isn't saying much. It has real tea and coffee if produced from sputtering, rusty machines tended by a haggard woman in the robes of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
    The two ships' officers are treated with favor by the meager staff, especially El'Ashel. It is rare for such a large and powerful ship to visit here. And the waiter knows that wealthy and powerful offworlders sometimes tip generously.

Karalan can recall that Oreas has occasionally been the focus of rumors regarding Syrneth ruins. Every few years, a miner or prospector will find an unusual artifact, which is usually bought off them for a tiny fraction of its true value and sold to a collector in another Sphere. There's a small, struggling museum on the station that managed to keep a few of the finds for itself, and might be worth a visit. However no Syrneth sites have been discovered in the system, or at least none which are publicly known. Scholarly consensus is that the Syrne were active here, but they may not have built any permanent structures.

Both Atlanteans, upon encountering each other, no doubt feel a sense of familiarity and maybe deja vu. Almost like they should know each other, but have forgotten. If either of them have encountered another Atlantean before, the sensation is not unfamiliar.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #10

Looking around in the station, glancing over the meager offerings available -- a café, a museum, a few staffs here and there, Anemone looked at the visitors instead. The Tau and the Tiefling were talking, and the Eldarin approached Anemone.

Anemone recognized Karalan -- or rather, she thought she recognized Karalan, and wanted to greet him until she realizes that she doesn't really know his name. Fortunately, the embarrassing pause was short enough before Karalan greeted her first.

"Hi! I am Anemone!" The young dryad greets Karalan.

This is the first time Anemone meets another Atlantean. The weird feeling of déjŕ vu calms Anemone down. This Eladrin must also has a Syrne pastlife. She doesn't understand why she believes so, but subconsciously she simply knows that.

"Are you also visiting here for something? Like... Syrneth remnants?"

Anemone is still holding Kaleidoscope. Something that was probably also a Syrneth legacy.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Roll Academic Lore as well, to see how much Anemone can recall about this place. She is untrained, but as an Atlantean she can use it as a basic skill nevertheless.
    (3d10)[14]

11. - Top - End - #11

Unlike Anemone, Kalaran had met another Atlantean before (albeit not for long...not that he liked to think about it), and nods when he confirms his earlier suspicion. "Indeed. I have memories of this place, although I'm still looking for a good starting point. They didn't have any fixed installations here - at least any people have found - but there have been relics found here. There is potential here." Reaching into a robe pocket, he pulls out a cloudy white hemisphere, holding it out. "I propose that we work together, given our...what we have in common. If you place that within the socket out of your weapon, my matching pair will allow us to communicate." He pulls back one of the robe's sleeves, revealing a wraithbone bracer with an identical stone embedded in it. "Are you interested?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

She considers the Taus offer, stroking her chin.
    "Look, I wasn't given much info in my tip off okay? But research station makes sense with what I've been given. and ah, you figured it out. Your smart. Your right, I am hunting someone. Know of a scholar named Torela Ashima? Thats the one I'm specifically after. Don't really know why. Anyone else is optional. But yes, I agree, we work together, and we'll both get what we want. So split up and search separately then meet up later? I search one part of the station, you search another?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-30 at 10:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The cafe and museum aren't the only establishments on the station. There's also a bar, a canteen, a general store, a repair shop, and a small drydock. All might be worthwhile to investigate.

Unfortunately, Anemone doesn't know much about this place. It's really far off the beaten path, and she doesn't have the experience and research necessary to have heard of it.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"I've got members of my crew all over the station already, but there are limits to where they can go. Certain doors are closed to them, unfortunately. I hope that'll be different for you." She responded. "I'll likely spend a decent amount of time here, but if I'm not here, just ask your ship to hail mine. If I'm not there my watch officer will be able to point you in the right direction."

She looked around the establishment again after finishing her conversation with the Tiefling. There where two others here that stood out to her. One was a willowy dryad, the other an Eldarin. They didn't seem like locals. She considered going over to them, but there was no guarantee they'd have any information of use to here. Then again...

"Oh, one more thing." She said to the Tiefling, a bit louder this time to give the other two an opportunity to overhear. "If you hear anything about a new discovery of Syrne artifacts, it might be worth chasing that lead down. It might be relevant to our interests."

15. - Top - End - #15

Anemone is no stranger to artifacts -- her own Mithril gun is such an example, and she vaguely remembers interacting with a few more in distant memories. Besides that, Anemone might be careful sometimes but she knows no fear.

She nods, then gladly receives the cloudy white hemisphere-shaped thing from Kalaran, examines it curiously, then puts it in her gun and immediately gives it a try, "Hello? Hello? Hey it works!"

Anemone then asks, "Where shall we start our search from? The museum? The cafe? Or... " She looks around as she speaks, enumerating the facilities in the station, only abruptly stopped when she overhears the Tau loudly talking to the Tiefling about finding Syrne artifacts.

"Uh, perhaps we could ask them to join us."

16. - Top - End - #16

Thumbs down Re: Transcendent Darkness IC

Karalan nods. "I think that's her intent by raising her voice, yes. I suppose she noticed our artefacts."

Walking over to the pair of ship captains, Karalan doesn't take a seat yet. "I presume that was for our benefit. I am a scholar well-versed in the Syrne. I don't have a precise lead yet, but I may be able to find one. What is your interest in them, exactly?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel nodded at the Eladrin, introduced herself and invited him and his companion to take a seat. "My interest in the Syrne is tangential to my interest in the findings of the particular groups studying them here." She considered for a moment, then added a little based on her own suspicions. "Word got to my people that something dangerous has been uncovered here. My job is to find out what and secure the research before it can cause harm."

She was taking a bit of a chance on these two. Though they didn't look local, that didn't mean they weren't associated with the group she was looking for. If they where with them though sh might very well be able to track them down by keeping an eye on these two. And if they weren't, they could provide a vital clue for where to look.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-01 at 03:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Syrneth artifacts. That might actually explain a few things."
    If Torela was after some Syrne artifact that her sire didn't want her to get that might explain why we she was sent to kill her. But why would a vampire in the astral sea care about that? As far as she knew, Torela, the Syrne have no real connection to her sire. She didn't get any instruction about taking any, just killing a scholar. Why not instruct her to take whatever Syrneth artifact back to her? It made no sense. Syrneth artifacts are valuable, so if Torela was studying one worth killing over, she was studying one worth taking. But if her sire didn't want to take it, why kill Torela? Could it be a Syrneth artifact that is detrimental, perhaps even harmful to vampires? But then why not let her know about the danger? No wait, Vampires came into existence long after the Syrneth died, that made no sense. So what was her sire after by making her kill Torela?

She gets up and says
    "By the way I haven't introduced myself, I am Zakira of Chaos Undivided. You are Anemone, yes? and who are...you? Both Atlanteans? Museum might be a good place to look regardless. Though the library might also be a good place to check if any Acerath worshippers came through, they tend to like their books, particularly scholars."

19. - Top - End - #19

Karalan nods at Zakira's words. "I am Karalan and yes, those two places were where I was planning on going next." He sits down, looking at El'Ashel thoughtfully. He didn't know them, but they had resources he didn't and apparently weren't interested in the exact same thing he was, seemingly more concerned with who was doing the research, so he could make something work. "Do you have anything else on the artefact or what this group is involved in? 'Dangerous' covers so many of the Syrneth's creations, after all, and what makes them dangerous can vary quite dramatically."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"Its dangerous enough to have my own people worried." El'Ashel responds to the Eldarin's question. "If they merely worried about theses researchers blowing themselves up, they'd have send a polite missive. Whatever they're working on has the potential for fallout well beyond this sphere." She shrugs. "I'm afraid we don't know the exact nature of this Syrne find quite yet, but what we do know is enough to make a lot of people worried."
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-02 at 11:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

"I am Anemone, of Vectron", Anemone introduces herself, then continues, sounding a bit defensive, "Syrne artifacts are not dangerous by themselves, what's dangerous are the ones abusing them."

She closes her eyes in thought for a few seconds, looking as if she is trying to recall something, then she speaks again, reverting to a calmer mood, "I have no idea what is happening here, but I vaguely understand that I have my duty to stop whatever people messing with our creations."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Do we know that Karalan is also an Acerath worshipper? :P

22. - Top - End - #22

"One could argue that a null ray is inherently dangerous regardless of who uses it, but I digress. I suggest we move onto the museum. Perhaps something there will jog either mine or Anemone's memories, or provide something for me to work out more information from."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ahyangyi View Post
    Do we know that Karalan is also an Acerath worshipper? :P
    He hasn't volunteered any information about his alignment, no.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel gives Anemone an odd look when she expresses her ownership of Syrne artifacts in general, but she doesn't press the issue. She'd heard of people like the Dryad and the Eldarin, people that had memories of past lives among the Syrne. That could indeed be useful for tracking down the presearch station. She considered for a moment, the nodded her assent with Karalan's suggestion. "If you think something like that could trigger your memories, I won't argue. I've taken a look in there before, but I'm afraid I'm not an expert on Syrne artifacts, so I could easily miss a vital clue."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

If there are no objections, the party moves on to the museum. It's not much, two rooms with a few simple items in it. Most are scraps and junk, if very old junk. A metal bowl with the nonsense word "Hesami" written on it in Syrneth runes. The head and left hand of a statue of a woman. Some of the fragments of an ancient data slate. But there are some more significant items as well. Closest the curator's desk is a scythe locked within a reinforced glass case. It looks very battered and probably nonfunctional. To one side of the museum is a tangle of parts that may have belonged to some sort of automaton. And in the other room is a fragment of a metal tablet, scarred and pitted by time. Syrneth runes are written across it, part of some sort of warning, but it's mostly illegible.
    However, for the Atlanteans, looking at it will cause a headache.

The curator of the museum, an elderly Squat sitting on a very tall stool in order to see over his human sized desk, seems quite interested that such a strange crowd has entered his museum, and is keeping a close eye on the group.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #25

Anemone glances over the exhibited items in the museum. She frowns uncomfortably as she eyes over the runed metal tablet.

She asks the Squat, "is this museum seldom visited?"

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Arcana+Intelligence (7k4) check to see if tablet is an artifact.

(7d10b4)[26]

26. - Top - End - #26

Karalan walks around the museum with interest, the sparse offerings not dampening his enjoyment of the experience as he looks over the bits and bobs.

The bowl gets a little more attention - he wondered why someone would inscribe a meaningless word into it. Perhaps it was a name? The scythe gets a moment's pause to admire it. Although he favoured firearms when he had to fight, there was always something quite elegant to how the Syrne made melee weapons. The scraps are a mild point of interest - not much to immediately draw conclusions from, but whatever the Syrne were doing here, they used automatons.

The tablet, however...that was something. To cause such a reaction...whatever they were looking for, it was definitely significant. And dangerous. Turning to the curator, he doesn't ask a question yet, instead employing more magical means, drawing on his magical abilities and his artefacts to learn more about the Squat and what he was thinking as he talks to Anemone.

Spoiler
    Show

Academic Lore to potentially connect Hesami with any names or places associated with the Syrne: (9d10)[39] roll here (keep 5) potential spec rerolls (5d10)[3][3][4][5][1](16), total 36 (9 8 7 6 6)

Arcana to figure out if any of the Syrne items are magical (includes +3k0 from Dragon Tear Tiara) (12d10)[7][5][4][2][7][10][9][10][5][3][9][4](75) (keep 5), potential spec rerolls (5d10)[8][9][2][9][3](31), total 45 (10 10 9 9 7)

Using the Gemstone of Aura Detection to get a read on the curator - TN 10, potentially opposed by his Willpower+Arcana if they suspect what's happening, plain success to give a vague impression of his strongest emotion, raises give more detail (2+ also reveals if he's Exalted): (4d10b2)[8]

Casting Detect Thoughts - using it gives a general impression, focus power test beating Mental Defence gives more specific thoughts, (his Willpower) raises gives the answer to a specific question - what he knows about the tablet. Focus Power test (keep 5): (6d10)[4][8][5][10][4][7](38), phenomena if needed (2d100)[19][75](94), perils if very unlucky (1d100)[15] - total 34 (10 8 7 5 4, no phenomena)
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-02-03 at 12:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel made a quick tour of the modest museum. She left the scholarship to the scholars. Her own education had touched upon the Syrne, but she'd been more interested in more recent history and politics, than in the lost civilizations of old. She'd been slowly working her way to the museum's curator when she heard the dryad ask her question. She approved, it was a good opening shot for getting him to reveal whether any of their persons of interest had visited here recently. She made certain to remain nearby while looking over the artifacts, in case she needed to step in to aid with the interrogation.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"Not as much as I'd like, miss. Haven't had so many tourists since... Two weeks ago. Now, thaewere a strange group. All robes and not talking to anyone. Came in here a few times, took lots o' notes. the Squat seems happy to gossip about past visitors. "Seemed like the type to move on soon as they can. Wonder why they stayed on the station so long. But I digress. You have an interest in Syrneth artifacts?"

Anemone recognizes that the tablet is not an artifact, but it seems important somehow...
    Something comes back to her.
    A voice: "It's done, let's blow it and get out of here."
    The mouth of a cave, the tablet whole and placed over the entrance, a warning to all who might visit later.
    Then a flash of light, a rumbling. The cavern mouth collapses, leaving the tablet hanging over a pile of rubble.

In his probing of the museum and the Squat's mind, Karalan discovers the following information. The name Hesami isn't connected to anything important, but it's definitely a name. The curator is currently examining the visitors and wondering why they're here, interspersed with recollections of a previous group which he is describing aloud. The broken tablet was found by a prospector on a planet known as Howl, who didn't know what he had. The curator was able to purchase it at a very good price.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #29

Anemone nods. "Yes, for Vectron's sake, Oreas has a lot of history to uncover."

As she speaks, she feels as if she experienced the cave-in of the tablet. "This tablet might not be an artifact, but it definitely has its fragment of history."

"Speaking of the last group of visitors -- were they looking for something?"

30. - Top - End - #30

A small smile appears on Karalan's face as he gets the information he needs and, letting Anemone take up the curator's attention, wanders over to join El'Ashel in looking at some of the artefacts, quietly explaining what he's learnt. "I have a lead on where to go next. That tablet is some kind of warning, and the curator bought it from a prospector. I know which planet he got it from. Whatever it's warning against is probably related to why your researchers took interest in this Sphere."