New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Transcendent Darkness IC

"That sounds about right, yes." The T'au responded quietly. "We'll see if the curator shares up with anything else interesting, but otherwise we'll chase this lead of yours down. If you and your friend don't have transport of your own, you're welcome to join me on the Lancebreaker."
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's see now. They didn't ask many questions. More interested in the artifacts than an ol' codger like me. One o' them tried to pinch the scythe. Their boss set her straight, and she didn't come back again. Wonder why she wanted it? Old thing doesn't work anyway." The Squat has to think for a moment. "They took a load o' picts too. Not just the artifacts, the whole museum. Huh. That's odd, looking back."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira
    She walks around the museum listening to the others question the Squat, she didn't have much to say, unfortunately. She wasn't very knowledgeable on old artifacts. she is kind of sad that the scythe doesn't seem functional. A scythe would make an awesome weapon to kill somebody with someday. Oh well.
    "I'll follow on my ship, whenever that happens. Its probably best you go on the Lancebreaker, honestly. I doubt you want to be on the same ship as a vampire."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel stepped up to the curator's desk as she heard his comment about the images. "It's not that odd." She said, then lowered her voice a bit, as if sharing a secret. "These people that came here before? They're fugitives, with a known interest in Syrneth artifacts. They where likely gathering information so they could plan a theft of any artifacts they considered valuable later. Any things other than the scythe they seemed to have a particular interest in?"

Before he could answer she turned to the two scholars. "Anemone, Karalan, would you take another look at that scythe? Just because it doesn't work doesn't mean it can't be made to work, and if our quarry acquires it before we catch them I want to know what could be turned against us."

She then turned back to the Squat. "So, what other artifacts do you think they will be coming back for?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Anemone's no scholar," Anemone says, slightly embarrassed. Besides the fragments of memories that haunt her and the arcane knowledge she learned from her mentor, Actaeon, she really doesn't know much. "but... maybe I should take a close look."

"...And, El'Ashel, thank you, I think I need to travel in Lancebreaker."

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Arcana to see the scythe. It's locked in a glass case for a reason, right?
    (7d10b4)[28]

... and does it look like repairable or something? (I assume Tech-use)
    (5d10b4)[33]
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-06 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I used wrong tag for spoiler/OOC contents
    Awesome avatar by Linklele. Thank you!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira:
    "Indeed, if its a Syrneth scythe, then it has a power field. I'm not specifically trained in using such a
    rare weapon but I could give it a try, see if I could get used to it if it works."

She grins, showing her fangs.
    "and if they come back for it I can always be here to defend the place, make sure they don't mess anything up." she jokes
    After all if her target is among them and if they came back, she could question or kill her target. Not that she expected anything like that to happen. Zakira thought about trying do some form of persuading the squat but what would be the point? The Squat probably doesn't know anything useful aside from what was already gotten. She wasn't the best at investigating so its not as if she could find out anything here anyone better at it couldn't.
    "But honestly, I wonder if we haven't already gotten all the useful information we could get here. Would they really come back for just for a syrneth melee weapon? Sure power field and all, sure it probably has some interesting archaeological information one can discern, but if the Syrneth were so powerful you'd think a little thing like that scythe would be a toy to them and that the real jackpot is in greater things they made, but what do I know?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Walking over to inspect the scythe, Karalan looks over to Anemone. "Have you remembered anything about these artefacts? Past the effect the tablet had on me, nothing yet for me. There's something relevant to past life in this Sphere, but apparently these aren't enough to trigger anything."

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana (includes +3k0 from Dragon Tear Tiara) (12d10)[5][7][6][8][1][7][4][7][10][4][7][7](73) (keep 5), potential spec rerolls (5d10)[9][10][8][9][3](39), total 41 (10 9 8 7 7)
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-02-07 at 12:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

The Squat looks thoughtful. "If they were intendin' to steal it, they had plenty o' time already. I'm sure they're long gone by now." He shows genuine alarm at the sight of Zakira's fangs, and suddenly seems much more wary. "Yer not just here to look around. What do you want?"

Anemone and Karalan take a look at the scythe. It seems a standard example of its kind, but one which age has not been kind to. It's not magical beyond what is necessary to maintain a power field, and it is also currently broken. However, with access to parts, especially Syrneth ones, it could be restored to some level of functionality.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"As I said, the ones that visited here before are fugitives." El'Ashel responded to the dwarf's question, her tone indicating that it should explain their presence as well. "If no other items caught their interest, then I suppose we'll have learned all we came for."

She gave Karalan and Anemone an expectant look. "Anything of note to the scythe?"

10. - Top - End - #40

Anemone shakes her head at El'Ashel, "The scythe is salvageable, but... it was a standard product, probably just a regular scythe while it worked."

She then turns to the Squat, "And yes, we are looking for clues about fugitives. And that's not saying that I'm not here to look around -- I came here because I felt the urge to protect things here. And here I learn about what to protect... Anyway, I think we have learned a lot of information from you. Thank you a lot, and I wish we'll meet again soon."

"Let's set off to Howl."
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-10 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Let's move on.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Bidding their farewells to the curator, the party goes on their way. Returning to their ships, they set off towards the inner system.

Howl is a desolate, barren world with a dense, barely-breatheable atmosphere, covered in swirling storms. The occasional blue-white flash of lightning penetrates the thick clouds. The two ships' approach takes them past its misshapen moon and into the outer levels of the planer's gravity well.

There are two objects in orbit. The first is a small space station. But something is wrong. Not only is the station in an irregular, gradually decaying orbit, but it's surrounded by a large debris cloud, the source of which quickly becomes obvious. Something has torn a large, ragged hole in the station's hull.
    The other object in orbit is a destroyer-sized ship moving in a slow patrol. It looks like it's outfitted as a mining vessel, having a hangar bay for smaller mining drones and a large reinforced scoop bolted to its front.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"...does not appear to be a significant threat, unless a significant portion of its total mass is actually torpedoes." The Lancebreaker's tactical officer finished his report.

The Lancebreaker's bridge was a roomy affair. The various stations needed to keep the vessel operational where arranged in horse-shoe shape around a central dias on which El'Ashel sat in a suitabley impressive chair. Like the rest of the ship the decks where bright in color, just a tinge off from pure white. The view in all directions except to the rear showed space. Actual space, in fact. Though the bridge would retract and be covered in armor as soon as operations began, right now it provided a beautiful view of the void

The Lancebreaker was still some distance away from Howl, and as of yet she hadn't ordered a change in course to put the Heavy cruiser on an interception course with the station. She suspected that was her target, but she wanted a bit more time to consider before giving the vessel holding position near the station a clue as to her intentions.

The station's state was worrying. Best case scenario: the scientists had blown themselves up, and all their research was left up for grabs. Worst case, they'd finished their work, and had scuttled the station to prevent anyone from learning what they'd come to learn. Either way, there wasn't that much time left to dig through what remained of the station. Ideally she'd go herself, buts he recognized that, at least for now, her skills would eb better used securing the station's direct surroundings. She'd have to rely on her new allies to take the lead in securing the station itself. She didn't exactly trust them yet, but they where her best option.

She sighed, than signaled to her communications officer. "Hail the Crimson Cutlass and request that the captain contact me to discuss our plan, then send a message to our passengers with a request to join me on the bridge as soon as possible."

As soon as they'd all gathered she presented her plan. "That station isn't on any of our maps, so I consider it likely that that's where the researchers where working from. As you can see it has been damaged heavily, and won't last in orbit for much longer. There's also a vessel holding position nearby with unknown intentions." She gestured at the enhanced images of both the station and the vessel holding position nearby for her guests benefit.

"Ideally that vessel is just a local miner that came looking at the big ball of debris, in which case it'll be easy enough to convince them to leave. If they're not, I want to be read to move in to secure the station before they can break it or gather enough reinforcements to challenge the Lancebreaker. Karalan, Anemone, I can put you right inside the station with my ship's teleportarium, and retrieve you the same way, but until local space is secure I can't provide you much more aid than that. Captain Zakira, I'd prefer it if you could aid in securing the station itself, while I take the Lancebreaker to ensure the area around it is clear."
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-11 at 11:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Impressed by the grandeur of the Lancebreaker, Anemone keeps praising it and wowing. "Anemone has boarded on many ships... as I don't personally own one. But Lancebreaker is the most spacious among them. And comfortable. And..." before she was summoned by El'Ashel for briefing.

"The station looks worrying, but you can count on me! ... as long as I am allowed to use that void-suit. Anemone signals her willingness to adventure into the space station.
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-12 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Add request for void-suit

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira:
    "Yes securing the station myself is probably for the best, I can go into a void without a void suit. One of the unexpected benefits of vampires is that they don't need to breathe in space, after all. I won't be able to communicate through sound though if I go without one, but if I do go in one, I won't die if it gets pierced."
    She say smiling
    "Meaning If there is anyone on the station who are hostile, its better that I take the hit yes?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Karalan had his suspicions about the way they were encouraged to stay in their cabins and have food brought to them, but didn't complain or nose around where he shouldn't. The captain wasn't his priority - she could keep her secrets.

Listening to the plan, Karalan considers it for a moment before nodding. "The plan appears to be sound. I will also require a void suit." He looks over to the vampire. "I have no complaints with you getting shot instead of me, no."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"It seems we're all in agreement then." El'Ashel nodded. Then gestured to a lower ranking officer standing by behind her command chair. "Ensign, lead our two guests to the armory, and then to the teleportarium. Inform the bridge as soon as they're ready to go."

She then turned to address the ship's command staff. "Order all crew to ready stations. Helmsman, bring us on an interception course with that station. Sensors, scan the target, and then the vessel loitering nearby. Comms hail that vessel once they're almost at the outer edge of our weapons range."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

The station is very thoroughly scanned. It's running on emergency power. One life sign aboard, but also several strange arcane signatures unlike anything seen before. The damage to the station is fairly recent and appears to have been caused by a direct impact from another vessel. By the debris nearby the station, it's clear that vessel was undamaged by the collision, as the wreckage only matches the station's composition. There's no response from the other ship as the station is scanned, but then the Lancebreaker attempts to hail it, and it acts. It raises its shields and powers up thrusters, and sends back a message.
    "Warning. Danger. This is a restricted area. Trespassers will be destroyed. Turn back. Warning. Danger...
    The message repeats. Passive sensors pick up a targeting lock being established on the Lancebreaker as a swarm of mining drones begins to pour forth from the destroyer's hangar.

Meanwhile, the other members of the party are beamed onto the station. The interior of the structure is illuminated by red emergency lights, giving the austere walls a ruddy tone and casting looming shadows in every direction. They appear to be in a common room. The circular chamber has a large food dispenser pushed against one wall and a round table in the center. An airlock leads out of the station, and two passageways lead to a storeroom full of toppled shelves and a bunkroom that was shredded by the destruction of the station and is filled with a dangerous mess of jagged debris.
    But as the heroes are just getting their bearings, the shadows in the room begin to bubble and shift. Creatures arise from them, like gaunt, skeletal humanoids made entirely of roiling darkness. They begin to lunge at the intruders with thin, clawlike hands outstretched.

Battle has Begun!
    For the sake of time, I will roll initiative for you. If I mess up, reroll and let me know. As with most PBP games, just go in between the relevant groups of enemies, I don't care too much about order.
    Lancebreaker: (1d10+15)[19]
    Rogue Mining Ship: (1d10+5)[13]

3 groups of 3 Shadow Minions: (1d10)[3]
    Anemone: (1d10+5)[15]
    Karalan: (1d10+5)[12]
    Zakira: (1d10+6)[7]

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

"This ship has made the mistaken of coming between us and our mission. They'll not get a chance to regret it." The Lancebreaker's bridge retracted from it's forward position as the large slabs of armor sank into place. The outside view was replaced by a projection of the battlespace, numbers and lines showing all the countless pieces information needed to fight a battle in the void.

"Helm, engagement pattern Alpha. Sensors, full scan on that vessel." El'Ashel calmly worked down the list of orders needed to begin the engagement, finally ending with the order that marked the point of no return in any fight. "Forward lance batteries, fire when ready."

Spoiler: Crew assignment, maneuvering and dice rolls
    Show

crew complement: 22 (these are crew 'units' not individual members)
    command action: Picard speech (TN20 command action for +1 effective crew quality) (7d10)[8][9][4][5][4][9][4](43) : total 35 for a success (6 keep 4 from skills, +1k1 from advanced bridge, should trigger my 'inspiring' specialization charisma). Spare dice for specialization (4d10)[1][1][5][9](16)
    Manoeuver Action: standard move, 1 crew assigned (no dice roll required) The lance breaker closes with the enemy vessel at half speed to a distance of 15 VU, then turns 90 degrees.
    Arcana: active augury, 7 crew assigned: (7d10)[8][5][2][6][3][3][6](33)+10 : total 38 as I keep 5 dice from the effective crew quality of 5, which is a success and 5 raises (TN10, 1 piece of information for success and per raise, trying to determine in order: shield strength crew complement, all weapon systems, hull strength, any remaining consoles)
    tactical: Firing forward cannons (7 crew per cannon):
    cannon 1: to-hit: (7d10)[4][8][2][3][6][1][9](33) : total 30, damage (3d10)[15], shield disruption 4
    cannon 2: to-hit: (7d10)[5][8][5][2][7][9][7](43): total 35, damage (3d10)[27], shield disruption 4
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-15 at 11:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

"For Vectron!" Anemone shouts, as she points her gun Kaleidoscope at one of the shadowy beings.

Facing groups of minions, she lets her Kaleidoscope into full auto burst mode at the shadowy creatures.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Ballistics +2k1 = 6k5
    (6d10)[4][4][7][3][7][3](28)
    (backup rolls for exploded die)
    (10d10)[2][2][7][8][8][2][3][6][6][5](49)

I don't need to roll damage against minions, I think...?

EDIT: final result of Ballistics is 25.
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-16 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fix spoiler tag again -- I used plural.

20. - Top - End - #50

What does Anemone know about these shadow minions?

Spoiler: forbidden lore
    Show

4k3
    (4d10)[8][2][6][10](26)
    extra dice: (8d10)[10][1][2][1][6][10][7][9](46)

EDIT: result: 8+6+10+10+1 = 35
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-17 at 02:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Above the sound of gunfire, Karalan speaks calmly as he lines up a shot with his odd little rifle. "Minor Warp entities. Created from strong emotion. Something particularly intense must have happened here to bring them here."

Spoiler
    Show

Half action aim into half action standard attack, 5k3 attack (3k3 Ballistics, 1k0 Red-Dot Sight, 1k0 Proficiency), applicable speciality.
    Main Roll: (5d10)[3][6][7][5][4](25)
    Speciality: (5d10)[9][10][9][3][3](34)
    Explode: (5d10)[2][10][10][6][2](30)
    Final: 18 (5 6 7)
    Hit Location: (1d10)[8] - hits Left Arm

Damage (3k2, Pen 0): (3d10)[1][8][5](14)
    Explode: (5d10)[1][7][4][7][10](29)
    Final: 13 damage, Pen 0
    If any damage dice explode, the target has to roll Psychic Phenemona.

Didn't notice they were minions and so damage wasn't important, but ah well it let me run through an attack.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-02-17 at 02:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Zakira:
    She draws her darksteel katana, and dashes forward at the group of shadow minions they weren't firing at to cut them with a series of slashes at them in a whirlwind of a steel, the dark blade becoming like the wind.

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show

Melee Roll: 3k2
    (3d10)[7][2][2](11)
    Hit Location: (1d10)[2]
    Damage: 5k2 +4 pen
    (5d10)[4][3][2][3][4](16)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

In space, battle is joined between the Lancebreaker and the unknown mining ship. The flicker of shields illuminates the void.
    A scan from the Lancebreaker easily penetrates the enemy's defences, revealing the details of its configuration.
    The vessel is a heavily modified mining ship, a destroyer in size, that has been converted into a small warship.
    Spoiler: Configuration:
    Show
    Shield Strength: 60 (reduced to 18 by attacks)
    Crew: 10
    Known Weapons: Torpedo tube, Mass Driver Turret
    Hull Strength: 60
    Known Consoles: Ramming Prow

The blasts from the antimeson cannons slam into the mining ship's shields, burning out much of them and severely weakening them.

The mining vessel's thrusters flare, and it rockets towards the Lancebreaker. Its hangars open up, disgorging a cloud of mining drones which surround and prepare to intercept. Then it fires a microtorpedo towards the Lancebreaker and continues moving closer as quickly as it can.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Deploy 2 Fightercraft worth of Mining Drones in Support Configuration
    4 crew fire the Torpedo Tube (4d10)[7][1][7][2](17) + 5 (keep 2), total 19 to hit, 13 damage, disruption 2
    3 crew Divert Power to Engines (3d10)[6][7][8](21) (keep 3) TN 15. 21 is a success and 1 raise.
    1 crew moves the ship 10 VU, to within 5 VU of the Lancebreaker
    Extra dice for explosions (7d10)[2][6][1][1][9][8][5](32)

In the station, the fight breaks out. Anemone opens fire on a group of the shadow demons, and brilliant beams of light shred through them, eliminating them all. Karalan too lines up a shot and manages to cut through a second group with it. Zakira slashes and manages to cut through one of hers, but the other two dodge back, then lunge at her, their ghostly claws less than corporeal, but no less deadly.
    Show
    Two Shadow Minions attack Zakira: (2d10)[9][7](16) (keep 2) to hit, 10 E damage +5 per raise.
    Extra dice for explosions (5d10)[5][7][1][10][6](29)

Roiling forth from the nooks and crevices of the darkened station, more shadows appear.
    2 new groups of 4 shadow minions appear.
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-02-18 at 02:35 PM.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Oops
    Show
    Oops, rerolling that damage I goofed up.
    (4d10)[3][6][1][3](13) (keep 4)
    Extra for explosions (4d10)[3][5][5][7](20)

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

El'Ashel allowed herself a slight smile. So far the enemy had cooperated perfectly with her strategy. It's torpedo armament had so far proven to be insufficient to stress the Lancebreaker's shields, so the only way it could truly threaten her vessel would be if it managed to ram her. And that clunker would have to prove more nimble than that if it was going to catch her vessel. "They're playing right into our hands. Helm, stick to pattern Alpha. Rear batteries, fire as the target enters our rear quadrant"

Show

command action: Picard speech (TN20 command action for +1 effective crew quality) (7d10)[9][1][8][7][3][8][1](37) : total 45 for a success (6 keep 4 from skills, +1k1 from advanced bridge, should trigger my 'inspiring' specialization charisma). Spare dice for specialization (3d10)[7][8][7](22) and explosions (4d10)[10][8][7][8](33)
    maneuver action: standard move, 1 crew assigned (no dice roll required), the Lancebreaker moves at a 90 degrees angle from the enemy vessel at full speed (10 VU). This should put it about 11 VU away, and out from directly in front of the enemies current heading.
    tactical: Firing rear heavy cannons (10 crew for heavy cannon 1, 11 for 2):
    heavy cannon 1: to-hit: (10d10)[7][9][8][3][2][5][4][10][1][6](55)-5 : total 38, damage (5d10)[1][8][6][4][7](26) (keep 4) total 25, shield disruption 5, crit roll in case it penetrate the shield: (1d10+1)[4], spare dice for explosions: (5d10)[3][5][4][1][2](15)
    heavy cannon 2: to-hit: (11d10)[6][8][3][3][6][10][2][4][6][10][10](68)-5: total 49, damage (5d10)[4][7][3][6][2](22) (keep 4) total 20, shield disruption 5, crit roll: (1d10+1)[8], spare dice for explosions: (5d10)[5][3][2][5][10](25)
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-18 at 03:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Zakira's static Defense is 28. Those attacks don't hit.

Melee Roll: 3k2
    (3d10)[4][8][1](13)
    Hit Location: (1d10)[6]
    Damage: 5k2 +4 pen
    (5d10)[1][2][3][5][9](20)

Zakira will nimbly roll backwards away from their claw strikes then take advantage of their lunges by plunging her katana into their backs once, twice when they smack into the ground face-first.

27. - Top - End - #57

Karalan, while lacking Zakira's agility or Anenome's rate of fire, keeps up the attack, firing another carefully-aimed shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action aim into half action standard attack, 5k3 attack (3k3 Ballistics, 1k0 Red-Dot Sight, 1k0 Proficiency), applicable speciality.
    Main Roll: (5d10)[6][5][2][2][4](19)
    Speciality: (5d10)[7][1][2][9][9](28)
    Explode: (5d10)[9][6][1][1][9](26)
    Final: 15 (6 5 4)
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-02-19 at 09:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

"Demons!" Anemone recognizes the shadow beings, "they are attracted by violent emotions... I wonder what does that mean?"

Kaleidoscope's burst fire was useful. However, it cannot sustain the rate of fire very long. Anemone has to carefully position herself and aim at a newly emerged group of shadow demons.

Spoiler: rolls and actions
    Show

Half action: Aim.
    Half action: Standard Attack, spending 1 mote (resource point) to raise 1k0 to the Ballistics check.

Ballistics 6k3
    (6d10)[2][2][2][10][3][4](23)

Exploding dies: (10d10)[7][8][3][2][10][8][5][7][10][7](67)

Result = 17+3+4 = 24
    Last edited by ahyangyi; 2021-02-19 at 03:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

The mining ship turns to follow the retreating Lancebreaker. The blasts from the heavy cannons would tear into it, but its swarming drones move to intercept the attacks, leaving their wreckage behind as globs of superheated slag. The engines of the mining ship continue blazing to accelerate it as close as possible. More drones swarm out of its hangars and position themselves between the two ships. A scanning beam of the type used to identify mineral deposits sweeps across the Tau ship.

Show
    The mining ship intercepts the attacks with its fighters, losing 2 crew!
    Divert power to engines using 4 crew. (4d10)[3][8][1][2](14) (keep 3): 13 is a failure.
    Move towards the Lancebreaker, using 1 crew and the bonus from diverted power. Now 5 VU away
    If within 1 VU, Ram with 3 crew. (3d10)[9][3][7](19) (keep 2) to hit, (3d10)[7][10][9](26) (keep 2) damage. Lancebreaker crit roll if successful: (1d10+2)[10](10)
    Otherwise, deploy 1 crew worth of Fightercraft in Support Formation and perform an Active Augury with 2 crew (2d10)[5][5](10) (keep 2). Success: the Mining ship has scanned the Lancebreaker and discovered something.

Extras for explosions (8d10)[3][5][6][10][5][7][10][6](52)

On the station, shadowy claws meet bullets and blades in battle. Zakira's blade cuts down another one of the shadows, and it melts into nothing. Karalan blasts through two of them with a single shot, and Anemone mows through three more. But then a change comes over the shadows. For a moment they pause and move aside, as if opening the way for something. Then from the darkness of the derelict station, three more shadows emerge. These are larger and more threatening, their forms more defined, their claws longer and pulsing with a dark aura. Then together, the weaker shadows rush the heroes to resume their assault, the stronger ones hanging back as if watching. One shadow slashes again at Zakira, another at Anemone. The two from the group Karalan fired at that survived charge him, clawing at him as well.
    Show
    Remaining monsters:
    2 groups of 1 shadow minion
    1 group of 2 shadow minions
    3 Shadows

Shadow minion attacks Zakira: (1d10)[8](8) (keep 1) to hit, 5 damage +5 per raise.
    Shadow minion attacks Anemone: (1d10)[3](3) (keep 1) to hit, 5 damage +5 per raise.
    2 Shadow minions attack Karalan: (2d10)[3][8](11) (keep 2) to hit, 10 damage +5 per raise.

Extras for explosions (4d10)[8][9][10][5](32)
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-02-21 at 08:49 PM.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

"They're using their fighters as ablative armor." El'Ashel could hear a slight note of distaste in the voice of her tactical officer.

"That's their prerogative, Ui'Endel. Don't begrudge them the conviction that allows them to give their lives for their cause." She responded calmly. "A quick end to the fight would have been preferable, but if they wish to draw this out, we'll be happy to oblige them. Helmsman, go evasive. Tactical, keep up the barrage."

Show

command action: Picard speech (TN20 command action for +1 effective crew quality) (7d10)[9][10][10][2][2][3][3](39): total 44 for a success (6 keep 4 from skills, +1k1 from advanced bridge, should trigger my 'inspiring' specialization charisma). Spare dice for specialization (3d10)[10][6][2](18) and explosions (3d10)[9][3][4](16)
    Maneuver action: Evasive maneuvers, 8 crew assigned. (8d10)[1][6][1][1][3][9][5][10](36): total 39. Spare dice for explosions (4d10)[6][2][2][5](15). TN to hit the ship becomes the result until the beginning of my next turn. The Lancebreaker makes a half move forward (5 VU, distance is opened to about 10 VU in total)
    tactical: Firing rear heavy cannons (7 crew assigned to each):
    heavy cannon 1: to-hit:(7d10)[3][2][6][1][6][3][9](30)-5 : total 22, damage (5d10)[5][2][10][6][5](28) (keep 4) total 32, shield disruption 5, crit roll in case it penetrate the shield: (1d10+1)[4], spare dice for explosions: (5d10)[6][1][4][4][3](18)
    heavy cannon 2: to-hit: (7d10)[8][5][9][8][5][1][6](42)-5: total 31, damage (5d10)[9][10][2][10][2](33) (keep 4) total 37, shield disruption 5, crit roll: (1d10+1)[7], spare dice for explosions: (5d10)[3][3][1][3][9](19)
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-02-23 at 05:01 AM.