Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 241
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    "So, I've spent a total of three gold less than I'd been willing to. That's a win. Thanks."

    I take my three gold and my magic items. I pick my boots up to put on outside and put the goggles on right there and then.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 12 PIv: 19 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Temp HP: 11
    Concentration: --

    Lael is thrilled to get all her new items. All the ones she really wanted, right away! She's especially pleased that the hat matches her style and dons it immediately. "Thank you so much Mr. Brod!" she says and gives him a beaming smile.

    Once they're all done at the bank she lets the others know she's going to go buy a healing potion with most of the remainder of her money.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous put the remaining money in his pouch. I hope 175 gold is enough to buy some decent healing potions. he replaces his old shield and scimitar with the new ones.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    "I think the standard ones are fifty? At that price, I can buy two..."

    Jim does precisely that, and puts one into his potion pusher. He sets it to automatically inject the healing potion inside it if he goes down.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous buys 3 healing potions. He puts one on auto inject.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    The sun had fully risen by the time the party got their food, items and potions squared away and the earlier attack seemed to be basically forgotten by the people at the harbor. One by one, groups left through the main gate across the small bridge and into the jungles beyond.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous looks at the group. I would like to take the old roads through the jungle or we could try the beach way. Any suggestions?

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Jim nods. "Old roads, well away from the exploding clams."

    OOC: We forgot to roleplay buying machetes, I think. How much are they?

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 12 PIv: 19 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Temp HP: 11
    Concentration: --

    Lael nods in agreement and says, "I would like to see the plants and wildlife here. Starting with exploding clams is a bit much."

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2021

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    "The old roads it is, I do not like the odds or the sound of exploding clams. I can help clear any plants in our way with my Scythe."

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    I will lead the way. Jungles are my area of expertise. Thraseous says as he gathers his supplies. Tell me when you are ready.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    All preparations done, the team set out across the bridge onto the island proper. Under the guidance of the ranger, they quickly found an overgrown path that led in the right direction. After only a few meters the sound of the harbor were gone and replaced by the noice of exotic birds and rustling leaves. More often than not, the bush was so thick that only the machette provided any chance of getting ahead - even with the comparatively easier path along the old road that had at least prevented trees to take root there.
    About two hours in, something in the atmosphere changed...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Everyone a perception check and a nature check - don't forget relevant skills and class abilities


  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Jim keeps a hand on one of his longswords as he looks around the jungle.

    "The scythe is probably a better choice... but if I need to, I guess I can slice through some foliage with one of these? I know it's not the worst choice for slicing through monsters..."

    (1d20+4)[22] for Perception.
    (1d20-1)[18] for Nature. (I guess the dice might still favor me?) Edit: Holy shark, they did.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-03-04 at 03:01 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous keeps his scimitar loose in the sheath as he prods along with his javelin.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    While resting for a second, the team noticed how much less jungle noises were around them. Instantly, aware of potential danger, weapons were drawn. Jim was the first to look up. The canopy around here was so dense that barely any light filtered down and when it did, it was in almost blinding shafts brilliance. Still, Jim noticed the dark shapes overhead, moving slightly out of sync with the rest of the vegetation.

    "Darkmantles" he realized - predatory creatures dropping onto their victims and smothering them to death. And apparently, they had almost stumbled into a whole colony of them, waiting 10 ft above them for prey.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    "Oh, ****!" Jim mutters under his breath.

    He draws his longsword. "Eyes up! They're above us!"

    The thought occurred to me that Jim might try raising his sword above his head so that anything that tries to drop down on him might land on the point of his sword. Is there any reason why that isn't a valid defense against these things? If not, assume Jim tries it.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-03-04 at 08:10 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2021

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Grim slams his fists together and all of a sudden there are 4 Grim's in front of the group. He walks down the path ten feet in front of the group keeping his eyes on the canopy, scythe and shield at the ready.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous throws a javelin piercing deep into the dark mantle. He continues to hold his ground 10 feet away from the many enemies.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 12 PIv: 19 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Temp HP: 11
    Concentration: --

    Lael notices the others choosing to attack and holds her hat out in front of her. A large spectral fist and arm spring forth and reach to punch at the nearest darkmantle.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Force Bolt: (1d20+8)[25]
    damage: (2d10)[5]
    if crit: (2d10)[17]


  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous readies his scimitar and summons a red drake to appear under the dark mantles. It automatically dodges .

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Jim casts Mirror Image as well, and walks up beside Grim.

    "How are you doing it? Oath of Treachery? ... Never mind, bad time."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-03-06 at 08:29 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright, I'm compiling the discord data here, but please add that yourself in the future

    Action is kicked off by Thraseous: Javelin Attack on Darkmantle #1 (11 Damage)
    Round 1 Ini:
    21: Darkmantles (surprised)
    19: Grimaximus: Mirror Image
    16: Thraseous: Ready Attack (Reaction)
    15: Lael: Firebolt Attack on Darkmantle #1 (5 Damage)
    8: Jim: Mirror Image

    Round 1 Ini:
    21: Darkmantles
    All Darkmantles use instinctively their innate Darkness ability and start swarming around you.





    The javelin followed by the fire lance was in turn followed by a high pitched scream - so high that it was barely audible and yet very painful to hear.
    At once the whole colony of aberations spread out their flabby skins, making them look like a concregation of particularly vicious umbrellas and began to spray darkness. At once the group stood in pitch black darkness while wet, leathery skin rustled through the air nearby.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2021

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Disoriented by the sudden darkness Grim sparks a fire from his hand, when this is still not visible he directs a fire bolt at the last place he remembers seeing one of these aberrations. As he does this all 4 Grims fire the same bolt in their direction, hoping that his calculations are correct.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Thraseous summons a fire drake and immediately tells it to fly up into the darkness.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Spoiler
    Show

    Action is kicked off by Thraseous: Javelin Attack on Darkmantle #1 (11 Damage)
    Round 1 Ini:
    21: Darkmantles (surprised)
    19: Grimaximus: Mirror Image
    16: Thraseous: Ready Attack (Reaction)
    15: Lael: Firebolt Attack on Darkmantle #1 (5 Damage)
    8: Jim: Mirror Image

    Round 1 Ini:
    21: Darkmantles use instinctively their innate Darkness ability and start swarming around you.
    19: Grimaximus: Fires Firebolt, hurting one Darkmantle severely, Darmantle #1 drops spell, 9 remaining.
    16: Thraseous: Calls Drake
    15: Lael: ???
    8: Jim: ???



    Grimaxius' firebolt couldn't penetrate the darkness, but the increased screaching told him, that he had in fact hit one of the creatures.
    Thraseous' Drake broke through the darkness and the canopy into daylight, but without getting a clearer picture.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 12 PIv: 19 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Temp HP: 3
    Concentration: --

    Lael leaps into the midst of the darkness and unleashes an explosion of punches at the unseen foes around her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to be within 10 feet of as many darkmantles as possible.

    Bonus action to activate Arms of the Astral Self. Every enemy within 10 feet must succeed on a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw or take (2d6)[4] force damage.

    Both attacks on same darkmantle if alive after first hit. (Assuming any hits at all.)

    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[12]
    disadvantage: (1d20+9)[22]
    damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    if crit: (1d6)[2]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[17]
    disadvantage: (1d20+9)[25]
    damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    if crit: (1d6)[2]

    Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-03-11 at 01:46 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    The explosion of force rocked the air - and shocked the creatures enough to make them lose their concentration long enough to destroy the weave of their natural magic.

    Now the team was able to see the ugly creatures in all their revolting splendor. All of them had been hurt and two already lay on the ground twitching feebly, all their internal organs crushed and one with a massive burn across its skin.

    The remaining eight all fell on the group, trying to suffocate their victims and ignoring the illusions.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Everyone gets 2 opponents

    Grimaximus
    1# (1d20)[16]+5, damage (1d6)[5]+3, if crit (1d6)[4]
    2# (1d20)[6]+5, damage (1d6)[3]+3, if crit (1d6)[6]
    If hit, you are blinded (and unable to breath - not that it matters in your case) - you have advantage on attacking the attached creature. DC 13 Strength check to remove it with an action

    Thraseous
    3# (1d20)[18]+5, damage (1d6)[3]+3, if crit (1d6)[3]
    4# (1d20)[8]+5, damage (1d6)[3]+3, if crit (1d6)[1]
    same, you can hold your breath for 1+Con mod minutes. Exertion reduces this time by half

    Lael
    5# (1d20)[20]+5, damage (1d6)[2]+3, if crit (1d6)[3]
    6# (1d20)[1]+5, damage (1d6)[6]+3, if crit (1d6)[1]
    same, you can hold your breath for 1+Con mod minutes. Exertion reduces this time by half

    Jim
    7# (1d20)[1]+5, damage (1d6)[3]+3, if crit (1d6)[1]
    8# (1d20)[19]+5, damage (1d6)[1]+3, if crit (1d6)[2]
    same, you can hold your breath for 1+Con mod minutes. Exertion reduces this time by half


  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    whiteflash's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Jim belatedly remembers darkmantles have blindsense, and kicks himself as one comes down right on his head.

    He gets a big gulp of air as it starts to cover him, hoping it'll last him long enough to cut free.

    (1d20+5)[20] to hit with his longsword.
    (1d20+5)[11] because he has advantage against the one he really wants dead right now.
    (1d8+2)[9] to hurt with his longsword.

    Edit: (Sorry, I forgot that I have Extra Attack.) Jim swings at the creature trying to hold his mouth closed one more time.

    Results from Discord's Dice Parser: The better of 22 and 23 to hit, and 6 to hurt.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-03-11 at 05:28 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2021

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Feeling the pressure and weight of the creature on his head, Grim's scythe burns green in his hand and he swings hard and fast above his head to try and kill and dislodge the creature, as the green flame burns through the creature on my head the magical green fire jumps to the creature to his side setting it ablaze.
    Spoiler: damage
    Show
    19 slashing/fire damage to the one on my head, 7 fire damage to the one next to me
    Last edited by Grimaximus; 2021-03-11 at 05:40 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

    Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 12 PIv: 19 PIs: 12
    Conditions: Temp HP: 3
    Concentration: --

    Lael tries to rip the darkmantle on her head apart with her big astral arms. If she manages to do so, she begins attacking the ones on other people's heads too.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attacks and 1 ki point for Flurry of Blows.

    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[23]
    advantage: (1d20+9)[20]
    damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    if crit: (1d6)[3]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[16]
    advantage: (1d20+9)[19]
    damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    if crit: (1d6)[3]

    Attack 3: (1d20+9)[17]
    advantage: (1d20+9)[26]
    damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    if crit: (1d6)[4]

    Attack 4: (1d20+9)[11]
    advantage: (1d20+9)[15]
    damage: (1d6+6)[12]
    if crit: (1d6)[2]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •