New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Kung's Island

Lael asked around a bit and was soon informed quite well about the glass manufacture

"The glas factory? Oh yes, but it's very dangerous to get there. Outside the harbor, the greatest danger are the mutated animals: A remarkable large number of carnivores roam around here. Inside the buildings are constructs and undead keeping the infrastructure intact and viciously attacking intruders. The southern coast has a bit of an infestation with Shadowlurks - bloodsucking beasts that hide in trees and fall like a blanket over their victims. They usually wait for dark before they attack. Those and the land-piranhas are the main reason no-one so far has gotten anything from the glass manufacture. Be careful of the beaches too, there are some kinds of clams that explode if you step on them. Here, I'll mark it on your map.
    Oh, and don't try to fly there - unless you want to fight a murder of harpies. There's a bounty to be had if you can destroy their nests."

A friendly guard told her right outside the bank.

According to the map, the manufacture was about seven miles away along the beach, but the suggested way led through the thick jungle.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

We really need to work together if we are to survive this glass factory. We need at least two healing potions a piece maybe we should pool our money and see if we can get a bargain. Thraseous the Black said looking at the others.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll be happy to do that."

"I should also mention that I have some healing ability myself. So the potions aren't the only thing we have going for us. Remember that if you're tempted to take one in the middle of a fight: if I can heal you, I probably should."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"
    AC: 18 HP: 59/59
    PP: 11 PIv: 18 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

"Hmmm. I only have about forty gold left. If that ok with all you, then it's ok with me. Though... are we going to wait a day to see if the bank acquired the magical items we're wanting before heading out? If so we also probably need to pay for a night in an inn somewhere. I think it's probably worth the wait to go out better equipped, don't you think?" Lael proposes.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh... I can see an advantage to that. It means giving anyone else who's looking more opportunity to find what we're after themselves, though... but that first group might fail, and at least clear some of the defenses out of the way before they need to go back."

"I can see an argument for either idea. But I think we should set out tomorrow at the latest, stuff or no stuff. Someone's going to get that glasswork, and they're going to get it soon. If we're not there soon, it won't be us."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-08 at 09:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's not to expensive, I can get us a room for the night. We should see if our bids were successful but you are right we should not wait to long. I too have limited spell abilities. Thraseous the Black says looking at the others.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

"Think there's a pool table? Maybe I feel like showing off a bit... Maybe even winning some bets."

"Uh... how much attention were you guys paying when I was doing that interview?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"

"I've spent my whole life in the university. I'm very good at remembering details." Lael says in a completely innocent tone in reply.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then you'll remember the thing I said about..."

Jim suddenly remembers the thing he'd said about elves in general being stuck up.

"Ooooh... Well, you'll remember what I said about the real fun part of playing pool, right? Maybe I'll show you all a real game of pool, if you want to watch a master at work."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-09 at 01:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Finding accomodations was no problem at all.
    There were two options: Taking a spot in the dormitories - a building that used to be offices and now worked like a student dormitory - prefered by the new comers as it only cost a silver a day, or a room in one of the three private ins with many luxuries like your own bath with running water, but expensive at 5 to 15 gp per day.
    The third option, camping outside, was universally agreed to be a fatally stupid idea.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Your full name, home address, occupation, next of kin, any allergies, racial biases, religious alignment and/or standing vendettas... please."
    Grim Bastion
    Royal academy library of Alem
    Arcane Sage
    No kin, But the head librarian of the academy will suffice
    no allergies
    All fleshy creatures are equal in my optics
    I have no faith but am familiar with The Warrior and The Crone
    No standing Vendettas

"Are you currently or have you ever been in the employ of a foreign military, state sponsored, military or private intelligence service? No
    Is there any information about your person you would want to conceal from this inquiry that is pertinent to the previous questions?" No

Grim Deposits 500gp in the bank and keeps 1000gp on his person

Mr. Brod I am looking for A bag of holding, any magic items that can add to my spell casting abilities or store spells, boots of haste, and any kind of cloak that can add to my stealth or make my large form harder to hit?

after talking to Mr. Brod

I take up in the lobby of the Inn that the rest of the group stays in against one of the far walls installing the potion pusher before entering Sentry's Rest mode. (as i dont need sleep)
    Last edited by Grimaximus; 2021-02-09 at 12:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grimaximus View Post
    Grim Deposits 500gp in the bank and keeps 1000gp on his person

Mr. Brod I am looking for A bag of holding, any magic items that can add to my spell casting abilities or store spells, boots of haste, and any kind of cloak that can add to my stealth or make my large form harder to hit?
    Brod threw the warforged an appraising look and shook his head slightly:

"I see. Well, that will cause a certain friction in the bidding.

Bags of Holding are already at 400gp and Cloaks of Protection at 300gp - would you like to place a bit higher than your companion for those?
    And as for help in casting, assuming you aren't an arcane scholar or wizard, I'm afraid we don't carry Astral Shards yet - to little rare objects make their way to the market.

Boots of Striding and Springing (1d7)[3] 300 gp
    Cloak of Elvenkind (1d7)[7] not on the market at the moment - try again in a week or so.
    Cloak of Protection (1d7)[3] 300 gp

What would you like to bid?"
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-02-10 at 12:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"No I will hold on those items, let my companions have what they need. Anything interesting that is available that my companions did not inquire about?"
    Last edited by Grimaximus; 2021-02-09 at 02:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I have money for the dorm room, we will celebrate when we get the glass and I will pay for good room. Thraseous the Black said to the others with his big toothy grin. Grim , we will wait for you to bid.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"All common magical items are available - but I'm afraid it would take a while to list them all. As for the uncommon ones: Most of them are also available in general - but might be sold out at the moment. Adventurers are returning everyday with more items and sell them on the market - of course both the University as well as Fren and Alem merchant houses are buying what they can get and ship it off regularly. But as they don't pay premium bids for relatively low ranking items, enough of them stay on the market to equip parties like yours.
    If you are looking for rarer stuff, you can try the merchant houses directly - they usually are willing to trade if you can bring them goods that they'd rather have then - for example - a low level enhanced armor."

Brod replied to Grim.

Once the team was ready to proceed to the adventurer accomodations, they found relatively clean and comfortable lodgings. The dormitories consisted of rooms for up to six people. The only slightly disturbing thing about them was the wire mesh that enclosed all windows very thoroughly.
    "Wouldn't want any creepy crawlies getting in", the gnomish matron explained as she showed the four their room.
    "Breakfast is at 8, don't be late or you won't get nothing."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Jim looks around approvingly. "I like the setup."

He turns back to their guide. "Is there a pool table here? I've been meaning to give the game a try, but I've never found anyone to play with."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"The Officers Club has pool tables. Common folk need to secure an invite to be allowed in there. In the pub you'll have better luck with finding dart players."
    Jim received as reply

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I'll go in for darts, then."

"Is there anything we can do to get into the officers' club? Pool is... uh, I really do want to try that one. That's the one I want to try."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I will join you maybe a drink will do me good, I am still not all there due to the ship ride. Thraseous the Black said reacing into his pouch counting out some gold pieces.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

"Ask an officer - or buy a table from someone who is able to use the creation spell. There's a warforged Forge Cleric called Fafner working in Hammer Lane - he sometimes has spare capacity for projects like that. But be prepared to pay through the nose for something like that.
    Or you could explore the island. Old Kung had quite a lot of personal. Might be he also had a few R&R establishments for his higher ups around here."
    The helpful guard offered.

Finding the pub "Piper's Delight" was easy enough. By now the sun had sunken beneath the horizon and dozens of everburning torch lights had been uncovered to provide adequate illumination. But few establishments were as brightly lit as the three bars providing the little outpost with booze and entertainment.

Inside, Jim and his accompanying new friends found a pretty rough looking crowd of all shapes and sizes.
    Darts had quite a crowd - and no small amount of betting was going on around there.

Spoiler
    Show

Hitting Bullseye is AC 15 (worth 10 points), hitting below 8 is missing the board. AC 8 is one point, 9 is two, and so on)
    People are betting on points for three throws with values between 0 and 30
    Rolling a 1 is not automatically a miss.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"Come Lael lets see what foolery and intrigue our new compatriots get themselves into. If you would like a better view you are welcome to sit on my shoulder, and we may converse while they play this game of dexterous skill."

Grim puts out a hand with his offer, and follows behind observing the environment and activities.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Jim walks over to the crowd betting on darts, and politely waits for an opening.

When it looks like he has an opening, Jim politely asks "May I? I'll bet I can get twenty points in three throws. Is there a minimum or maximum bet on that?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

A shifty looking halfling was busy running a book and looked up: "Newcomer, eh? I'll give you 50:50 at 1 to 0,95. Minimum is 1 gp, max... well, what have you got?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have enough."

Jim pulls out five coins. "Shall we start here?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"

"I expect mostly the foolery." Lael says with an amused smile. Then, since she was invited, she gladly climbs up Grim and takes a seat on his shoulder.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Grim leans his head slightly towards Lael, "This aught to be interesting, I have always been fascinated by organic beings and their games and wagers. Using the data I have gathered on such situations I give this a 76.3% probability that we are going to need to step in at some point. You stated you were a wizard "sort of" on our entrance, How is one sort of a wizard?

While they are having conversation Grim is scanning for any evidence of magic or trickery around the game.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Lael Liadon
    High Elf "Astrologist"

"Um.... well. I know a lot about magic and other fields of study but I can't really cast spells. My magic takes an.... unusual form. Still a useful one though!" Lael replies, a little embarrassed about the subject.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

The Halfling pocketed the money and made a note. After that, he put out in a surprisingly melodious sing sang the odds he was giving and asking for input from the other betters. At the end, the odds stayed at roughly 50:50, and the crowd cheered the newcomer on to try his hand.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"My ability to do magic is a mystery to myself and my creators. I find the unexplainable quite fascinating. That is part of what has brought me to this island. I have read every book in Alem that I could gain access to and have not found all the answers to my questions. Maybe there is something on this island that can complete my queries"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Thraseous orders a pint of bitter beer and places a bet on his friend. One gold on the newcomer to make the points.