New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Default I'm looking forward to seeing sabine again

I haven't posted enough to make links, but i've been following since 2003. I'm re-reading the comic for prolly the 8th time. Own all the books and everything... just don't post here.

Somehow it escaped me that last we saw Sabine she was trapped in the lower planes HATING Team Tarquin and feeding info to V. Comics 914 and 935. Sabine has said she doesn't know cedrik/lee/nero's plans. She doesn't have a reason to oppose OOTS any more, and might approve of their objectives like Tarquin does.

The next time she appears in-comic she's going to have her own agenda and her alliances will be reshuffled. It could be really neat to see her in a different role.
    Last edited by Scottzg; 2021-03-10 at 08:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: I'm looking forward to seeing sabine again

We didn't see her, but we do know she's up to something for the IFCC. No doubt we'll be seeing what eventually, and it will indeed be interesting to see where her loyalties are now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Looking forward to seeing Sabine done in the new art style.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm sure that she's busy planning her revenge. Whatever she comes up with is going to be GOOD!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thumbs up Re: I'm looking forward to seeing sabine again

A vessel for the artifact? I wonder what that could be. A mortal? And what's the artifact? I don't think we've seen any artifacts in-comic yet, have we?

I mean, all the fiends have to do is give the party a Deck of Many Things and poof there goes the whole campaign.
    How to turn off these annoying .sigs:

1. Edit your profile options.
    2. Scroll down to "Visible Post Elements".
    3. Uncheck "Show Signatures".
    4. Save changes.
    5. Enjoy a much less cluttered and noisy forum.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Finagle View Post
    A vessel for the artifact? I wonder what that could be. A mortal? And what's the artifact? I don't think we've seen any artifacts in-comic yet, have we?
    The Red Cloak is one. (I think. Not sure where I recall this but for some reason I get the idea that Rich made that remark)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-03-12 at 07:18 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    The Red Cloak is one. (I think. Not sure where I recall this but for some reason I get the idea that Rich made that remark)
    At the very least it does fit the general description of an artifact in D&D, so I'd say it's one.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

To my recollection, we've seen three artifacts so far:

1) The Red Cloak, obviously.
    2) The Ming, as a running joke that has nothing to do with the main plot but is still technically an artifact, at least according to Teevo.
    3) The Hammer of Loki Sucks, which seems to be, mechanically, more or less the same as the Hammer of Thunderbolts, a minor artifact. The in-comic evidence also suggests that it holds artifact status.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

This does have me wondering who the "vessel" is going to be. It feels like it's gotta be someone either Sabine or the IFCC is familiar with in the context of the story. Julio Scoundrel? Pompey? V's mate?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Bookshelfstud View Post
    This does have me wondering who the "vessel" is going to be. It feels like it's gotta be someone either Sabine or the IFCC is familiar with in the context of the story. Julio Scoundrel? Pompey? V's mate?
    Trigak, with Eugene's zombified head glued onto a fourth artificial neck. Quadgak, if you will.

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Bookshelfstud View Post
    Assuming that becoming the vessel is a bad experience, and if Sabine combines business and pleasure... Tarquin?

Probably not, as I don't know if it lines up exactly well with the story beats, but if I were thinking of someone she'd enjoy subjecting to something awful, he tops the list.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

We know Hinjo still has a major part to play in the story, and we don't know how or why. Could the vessel be Hinjo...?

It seems like kind of a crazy guess, since there's no reason why Sabine should have access to his body or soul, but aside from that, it would be certainly be fascinating and would be a way to tie up two loose ends, especially if this is how Belkar ends up saving Hinjo's life for the second time.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems a bit premature to speculate as to who the vessel will be when we have no evidence whatsoever that the vessel will be a person.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Coyote View Post
    Assuming that becoming the vessel is a bad experience, and if Sabine combines business and pleasure... Tarquin?

Probably not, as I don't know if it lines up exactly well with the story beats, but if I were thinking of someone she'd enjoy subjecting to something awful, he tops the list.
    It could easily be Laurin too, since she was the one to permanently kill Nale. Though it’s possible that Nale himself could come back in some form as the vessel.

Don’t know about story beats, it’s been a whole book since we left the Western Continent. It feels appropriate for the Vector Legion to show up to at least some degree in the final book.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock Bait View Post
    It feels appropriate for the Vector Legion to show up to at least some degree in the final book.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The Vector Legion are appendages of Tarquin (at least, in terms of their relevance to the story), and the whole point of Tarquin's arc is that he just does - which is why he's last seen shouting impotently at the actual story as it leaves him behind. For him to show up again would completely destroy that entire point, and render the whole story of Book 5 basically pointless.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    We know Hinjo still has a major part to play in the story, and we don't know how or why. Could the vessel be Hinjo...?
    I'm thinking he'll be involved in either leading a force to assist a big fight, or doing something with Azure city, home of one of the rifts. Maybe it being further away from the mystery planet has some significance.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    It seems a bit premature to speculate as to who the vessel will be when we have no evidence whatsoever that the vessel will be a person.
    While I agree with you, lack of evidence has never stopped theories on this forum.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Now that you mentioned, she didn't show after the art style changes.
    I bet her return will be not a bit less than boombastic.

"I have no feelings on viewing you. You are largely irrelevant."
    "Yeah, a lot of that early stuff doesn't hold up"
    "Yeah, Yeah. You're a very clever boy."
    "…My reasons are my own."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

While I agree with you, lack of evidence has never stopped theories on this forum.
    Here's a theory backed by no evidence:

The Vessel and the character with only one appearance are the same chasacter.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    The Red Cloak is one.
    Oh yeah, for sure. Definitely an artifact. Good call.

The Ming...ugh yeah if it's the equivalent of The One Ring then it's an in-comic canon artifact, too.

I suppose the Gates are just very powerful magical items. Since they're manmade, not divinely created.

The Hammer of Loki Sucks...well I thought a hammer of thunderbolts was just a +3 throwable returning warhammer. Wasn't there one just lying around in Baldur's Gate somewhere? Looks like they upgraded it into a minor artifact in 3.5.

Eh...just the...vaguely Lawful Evil, technically correct way that was said...even if it was by NE Nero, I get the idea it's a person or entity of some kind. Not a vessel like a bowl or a genie bottle.

I just want Vaarsuvius to channel the power of the dark side again and cast Disjunction on the Red Mantle. I wanna see the Dark One himself get royally pissed off and manifest physically on the Prime Material plane and start wrecking up the place. Can I still pay the author like a thousand bucks and have him write a 16 page comic on whatever I want?
    Last edited by Finagle; 2021-03-13 at 02:40 PM.
    How to turn off these annoying .sigs:

1. Edit your profile options.
    2. Scroll down to "Visible Post Elements".
    3. Uncheck "Show Signatures".
    4. Save changes.
    5. Enjoy a much less cluttered and noisy forum.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Finagle View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure. Definitely an artifact. Good call.

I just want Vaarsuvius to channel the power of the dark side again and cast Disjunction on the Red Mantle. I wanna see the Dark One himself get royally pissed off and manifest physically on the Prime Material plane and start wrecking up the place. Can I still pay the author like a thousand bucks and have him write a 16 page comic on whatever I want?

V is currently level 16 and is getting close enough to the level where they could learn disjunction naturally without going full Dark Side.