A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 485
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Hold on, big guy," Firi'Sar quips with a smile. "Let's see what's in here first, yeah? I'm pretty sure there's gonna be nothing good down that hall, and usually people don't just store things that aren't valuable." With an eager smirk, he follows Tillandi into the storage chamber. "Don't let anyone surprise us for a few minutes, yeah?" he requests- over his shoulder, as he begins to inspect the nearest boxes.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think Appraise is in order, actually. (1d20+9)[11] to find the most expensive stuff?
    (1d20+15)[19] if perception is more appropriate.

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Kitten looks a bit askance at the two who have decided to get distracted by the store room instead of following the obvious trail of blood.

    "Look, I'm sorry about this but we'll release you as soon as we can," Cordelia says, waiting with Akula for the other two to conclude their investigations.

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Tillandi and Firi'Sar notice a trapped crate (mechanically identical to the effects of this trap) and wisely avoid setting it off. The trap needs to be disarmed before any of the crates in the storage room can be safely opened.

    Akula's stone bounces along the corridor, illuminating the floor well enough, but showing nothing beyond what has already been described.

    The guards look unhappy, but happier than they could be (since they're alive). They don't respond to Cordelia and seem to lean away from Kitten.

    If you set off the trap, everyone in the room needs to deal with the mechanics linked. If you disarm it, read the spoiler below and quote it in your post.

    Spoiler: Upon disarming the trap, DC 20 Disable Device Check
    Show
    After clearing the rather violent trap you find the crates to contain a variety of expensive, luxury foodstuffs and alcohols. There is nothing incriminating beyond the fact that this room is lethally trapped against unprepared people.

    Due to the size of the crates, it isn't really feasible to take this as treasure. However, it's worth a pretty penny and represents the value of about a half-year's worth of food to average citizens of Sasserine.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Firi'Sar's eyes widen at the discovery of the trap, glancing knowingly at Tillandi. "Ah, might I borrow that harpoon for a moment, Akula?" So prepared, he mostly closes the door, and lifts the latch with the business end of the harpoon from the relative safety of the entry room. Slamming the door quickly shut, he leans against it as a tremendous flurry of arrows erupts from the false container. When the torrent finally dies down, he counts slowly to 20 before cautiously opening the door.

    After clearing the rather violent trap you find the crates to contain a variety of expensive, luxury foodstuffs and alcohols. There is nothing incriminating beyond the fact that this room is lethally trapped against unprepared people.

    Due to the size of the crates, it isn't really feasible to take this as treasure. However, it's worth a pretty penny and represents the value of about a half-year's worth of food to average citizens of Sasserine.
    The first true crate opened causes the Elf to scowl in confusion. The second and third leave him almost disgusted with the situation.

    "Well, as far as I'm concerned, you fellows all just earned a decent bonus," Firi'Sar quips to the defeated guards. "Don't know why in the hells you'd protect any food with something like that," he grumbles irritably. "Clearly, these folks have a... skewed sense of priorities." He dismisses the storage room from his mind, to turn his efforts back to the likely bloodstained floor.

    "Now, let's be cautious here. I strongly suspect they'll have trapped this hallway. Or at least protected it with other means." He begins to carefully check the floors and walls as he slowly traverses the grim hallway.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking 20 seems unreasonable, but I've never been given a particularly compelling reason to think that we shouldn't be allowed to roll multiple times on checks like this, if we're willing to take the time. Regardless, at least 1 perception check (though I'd gladly take something like 3-4 rounds on each square) (1d20+15)[27] (one more for traps)
    The probable disable device check: (1d20+14)[22] (if 18-20, add inspiration: (1d6)[5])

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "If you'd like to let the way then, we'll follow along one you've checked," Cordelia agrees, with Kitten called close to heel.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    Akula pauses at the corner waiting for the elf and watching Firi'Sar and Tillandi opening the crates. "Aye, nice looking food but lets look this way now" As they speak with the guards he glances around. "Maybe just leave them tied until we are done here. They know they are safe and being tied up should buy some unlocking from their masters"

    That said he waits for Firi'Sar to do his "trap thing" on the door in front of them


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "True," Tillandi said, "we can always come back for a few things when we come back to untie these dudes."
    She would take her place near the end of the group as usual, waiting for the people more versed in traps to find and dismantle them.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Spoiler: Map
    Show

    Moving forward slowly, Firi'Sar finds a series of seams in the floor outlining the boundaries of a pit trap in the middle of the hallway. Without triggering it he can't tell how deep it is, and it looks like disarming the trap will be awkward. The primary way to disarm the trap is a small lever opposite the PCs, but with some care he thinks he can jam the mechanism and keep the floor in place.

    After working for a moment he nods, confident that he's done it. The way forward should be safe.

    Mechanically the Perception and Disable Device checks were successful. In-Character it's hard to know without walking forward, but it is now safe to move to the door.

    Once past the trap and at the door, the party listens to the door carefully. They hear nothing on the other side and the door is unlocked. Do you anything before opening it to go inside?

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "I'm ready," Cordelia whispers, taking up position to one side of the door with Kitten, waiting for someone to open the door.

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    Akula eyes the elf as Firi'Sar jams the pit trap and then drags a crate from the stores to push atop the pit to see if it collapses. Once it has been proven as safe Akula nods, "I shall open it, be ready" he adds and he grins toothily at Cordelia as she and the savage (and beautiful) kitten stand near the door beside him. With a sudden wrench he yanks open the door and peers in...


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Ah, a moment, if you please," Firi'Sar interrupts. For what feels like hours but is in fact only just a minute, the lithe Elf deftly combines pinches and drops into a previously empty vial. Swirling the suddenly sparkling and colorful vial, he nods his thanks. "That particular extract has the potential to literally be the difference between life and death. I'm loath to press on without having one on hand." Gingerly, he places the vial into one of the many pockets of the bandolier across his chest and quickly catches up with his companions.

    He draws his gleaming blade and nods to the Darfellan. "As you were, friend."

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Spoiler: Map
    Show

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The undead are on watch with the tirelessness of their natures. They aren't surprised by people using the door, but neither were they expecting to attack anyone until they saw the heroes were not "friendly" NPCs. The enemies do not have the stench special quality - the description below is just that, a description.

    The party gets ready and at the final nod from Tillandi Akula throws open the set of double doors. (You all have time to prepare further, if you wish - just don't abuse it.)

    The stench of rotting meat and defecation that assaults the heroes is nearly overwhelming! From where they stand in the room four obviously dead guards turn to look mindlessly at the PCs as two humanoid creatures with long, sharp teeth, and pallid flesh stretched tightly over their starved frames cry out, "Fresh meat!" and turn to attack!


    Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion) DC 11
    Show
    These are common zombies and ghouls.

    Begin Round 1! Any PCs who beat Initiative of 7 act before the enemy. There is no surprise round.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    When she noticed the ghouls and zombies, Tillandi immediately reacted. She moved forward and calling on the healing powers of Procan, she tried to damage the critters as much as possible.

    Spoiler: OOC round 1
    Show

    Move to D6
    channel (I should have them all in the effect then, otherwise move to D5): (2d6)[6] (will save DC13 for half damage)
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "What the hell!" Firi'Sar groans, as the smell hits his nose. "Not a great situation for us. Slash the zombies, I don't have a blade for it! Keep it up, Tillandi!"

    Spoiler: Firi'Sar, round 1
    Show
    Firi'Sar Throshana
    Male NG Elf Swash 1, Empiricist 2//Arcanist 3, Level 3//3, Init 10, HP 18/19, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 7, Will 3, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Rapier (MW) +7 (1d6+4, 18-20, x2)
    Light crossbow (20 bolts) +6 (1d8, 19-20, x2)
    Mage Armor, (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Lightbringer: +1 CL for light related spells
    Panache: 4/6
    Inspiration: 5/5
    Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 (used quick study twice)
    Extracts & Spells (See list https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2377717)

    Move to C5
    Attack the ghoul, fighting defensively.
    (1d20+3)[9] rapier
    (1d20+3)[16] CC (21, x2)
    (1d6+4)[5] damage
    (1d6+4)[8] crit bonus

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    [QUOTE=DrK;25334591]


    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    "The walking dead, a place of evil" Akula bellows as he stares a the ghoul looking for a weakpoint before hurling the harpoon at it. Seconds later he steps up to beside the zombie to portect Tillandi as she pulses with glowing light

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Move: Study the ghoul
    Standard: throw the harpoon at the ghoul (1d20+6)[22] dam (1d8+5)[11]
    Free: 5ft step to C5

    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Why would they have a cellar full of undead!" Cordelia complains, wasting no time to follow it up with an order to Kitten:. "Kitten, kill!"

    Kitten immediately bound forwards, jumping off several angles of the walls to position herself atop the debris behind the nearest zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten to A6 via some wall climbing, plus bite [roll]1d20+12[roll] +9AB plus flanking plus high ground.

    Damage (1d4+1)[3] plus 2 critical confirmed plus trip (1d20+12)[30]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-01-19 at 04:55 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Spoiler: Map
    Show

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Everyone beat the undead in initiative.
    Tillandi moves and channels Positive Energy to damage the undead. Only one zombie passes the will save, so most take 6 damage.
    Firi'Sar moves, fights defensively, and misses the ghoul near him.
    Akula spears the nearest ghoul, destroying it, and 5-ft steps beside Tillandi.
    Cordelia does nothing(?).
    Kitten moves and trips a zombie. It is nearly destroyed.

    The remaining ghoul moves and bites at Akula, missing.

    The zombies move towards the PCs as they are able. One each attacks both Akula and Firi'Sar (each miss). The prone zombie attacks Firi'Sar (it can't reach Kitten) and also misses.

    The heroes charge into the room, their barrage of divine energy and brutal attacks destroying one ghoul, tripping a zombie, and damaging all the undead.

    For their part, the undead cannot seem to connect with any of their attacks. The party dodges or parries each bite or slam, avoiding any damage this round.

    Begin Round 2!

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    As there is the chance that there are more undead later on and given the fact that it goes quite well at the moment, Tillandi decides not to use another positive energy burst but to try and take them down with melee combat. She moves in to the one that Kitten has been mauling and tries to finish it off.

    Spoiler: OOC Tillandi round2
    Show

    5ft step to C6
    attack: (1d20+8)[14] (flanking bonus included) for damage: (1d8+2)[7] (Piercing if it matters)

    Tillandi Borgrem
    Female N Half-elf Cleric/Fighter, Level 3/3, Init 1, HP 21/21, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 16, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    MC, brace Trident +6 (1d8+2, x2)
    Silvered dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron dagger +5 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Breastplate, Heavy wooden shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 12
    Condition None

    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    The darfellan grins as the harpoon sinks into the ghoul pinning it to the floor. Heeding FiriíSar he turns his hand and knife hands the nearest zombie

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Move: martial flexibility - versatile unarmed
    Standard : slashing punch D4 w/ power attack (1d20+6)[14] dam (1d6+7)[12] slashing damage

    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (2/4 remaining): - versatile unarmed
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Last edited by DrK; 2022-01-19 at 04:49 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Tillandi's got that one! Kill!" Cordelia commands, gesturing to the next zombie up. Kitten duly springs North a step, using the wall as a springboard to slash at the zombie with every weapon available to her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cordelia to D7.

    Kitten to A5. She can 5ft step because she's using her climb speed on the wall.
    Bite (1d20+10)[16] damage (1d4+1)[4] plus trip (1d20+10)[25] +9AB +1 high ground
    Claw (1d20+8)[9] damage (1d2+1)[2]+7AB +1 high ground
    Claw (1d20+8)[28] damage (1d2+1)[3] plus 3 Confirmed Critical. +7AB +1 high ground
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-01-19 at 04:52 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Firi'Sar maintains his defensive posture, keenly aware that his blade will be largely ineffective against this particular threat. He parries and thrusts, deliberate to keep his blade between himself and the ghoul in particular.

    Spoiler: Firi'Sar, round 2
    Show
    Firi'Sar Throshana
    Male NG Elf Swash 1, Empiricist 2//Arcanist 3, Level 3//3, Init 10, HP 18/19, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 7, Will 3, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Rapier (MW) +7 (1d6+4, 18-20, x2)
    Light crossbow (20 bolts) +6 (1d8, 19-20, x2)
    Mage Armor, (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Lightbringer: +1 CL for light related spells
    Panache: 3/6
    Inspiration: 5/5
    Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 (used quick study twice)
    Extracts & Spells (See list https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2377717)

    Attack the ghoul, fighting defensively.
    (1d20+3)[5] rapier
    (1d20+3)[9] CC (21, x2)
    (1d6+5)[7] damage
    (1d6+5)[6] crit bonus

    Plan to parry the ghoul. I'm unclear if the penalty for fighting defensively still applies to this roll?
    (1d20+7)[12] parry (does not include penalty)

    If successful, riposte:
    (1d20+7)[15] rapier
    (1d20+7)[14] CC (25+)
    (1d6+5)[10] damage
    (1d6+5)[10] crit bonus

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Spoiler: Map
    Show

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Tillandi moves and destroys the prone zombie.
    Akula uses a knife-hand to destroy the zombie adjacent to him.
    Cordelia moves to D6 (D7 is part of the wall).
    Kitten 5-ft steps and full attacks, hitting twice, tripping, and destroying another zombie.
    Firi'Sar fights defensively and misses the remaining ghoul.

    The ghouls uses a full attack against Firi'Sar (bite and two claws), biting the elf once for 7 damage. Firi'Sar is immune to it's paralyzing touch, but must roll a DC 13 Fortitude Save or contract Ghoul Fever.
    Firi'Sar parries, spending the panache point. The two claw attacks miss, but not due to the parry attempt.
    The ghoul then takes a 5-ft step to B3.

    The remaining zombie 5-ft steps to C4 and tries to slam Firi'Sar, missing.

    The party efficiently disposes of three more zombies while the undead try to fight back. The ghoul bites Firi'Sar painfully, possibly infecting him with a foul disease, but the remaining zombie clumsily misses with its slam.

    I need a DC 13 Fortitude Save from Firi'Sar.

    Begin Round 3!

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Firi'Sar grunts, sneering foully, though he's pleased to avoid the rest of the swings. "This one is intelligent," he mutters harshly- not quite under his breath. "Don't let it escape!"

    Almost ignoring the zombie, Firi'sar nimbly dives among the boxes to take up a position behind the retreating ghoul. He continues to hold his rapier low, using it more for defense than offense.

    Spoiler: Firi'Sar, round 3
    Show
    Firi'Sar Throshana
    Male NG Elf Swash 1, Empiricist 2//Arcanist 3, Level 3//3, Init 10, HP 12/19, Speed 30
    AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 7, Will 3, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Rapier (MW) +7 (1d6+4, 18-20, x2)
    Light crossbow (20 bolts) +6 (1d8, 19-20, x2)
    Mage Armor, (+4 armor, +4 Dex, +2 dodge)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Lightbringer: +1 CL for light related spells
    Panache: 3/6 edit: 2/6
    Inspiration: 5/5
    Arcane Reservoir: 1/5 (used quick study twice)
    Extracts & Spells (See list https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2377717)

    Move to B/2, using acrobatics. Path is C/4, C/4, B/2 (meaning DC is +5 vs zombie)
    (1d20+8)[17] acrobatics -> Modified to 34
    Using inspiration on the check for a bonus d6 (if the result is between 14 and 19) edit: Forgot the roll, but we can skip to derring do.
    Using derring do on the check for at least one more bonus d6- if the combined result is now 16-19
    (4d6)[6][6][5][2](19)
    Edit: Because derring do is ridiculous, I get to keep rolling d6 as long as the result is a 6- up to my dex mod. So that's +17 to the check.

    Attack the ghoul, fighting defensively.
    (1d20+3)[15] rapier
    (1d20+3)[8] CC (21, x2)
    (1d6+4)[8] damage
    (1d6+4)[9] crit bonus

    Won't parry with the decreased rolls.

    Edit: Full life after post-combat channeling

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    Akula lets loose a strange clicking war cry, one that would work better under water, as the zombie crumples under his strike. ďItís mineĒ he snarls at the ghoul as he seeís FiriSar move to flank the retreating ghoul with that glint of sentience in its evil eyes
    Running around the zombie he launches a brutal attack punching at its chest where itís dead heart will be

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Acrobatics around zombie (1d20+5)[16]
    Move to B4 to flank with FiriSar
    Standard : slashing punch Ghoul power attack (1d20+8)[22] dam (1d6+7)[12] + (1d6)[1] sneak attack

    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (2/4 remaining): - versatile unarmed
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "This one! Kill!" Cordelia commands, indicating the remaining zombie.

    Kitten hops down from the debris to press the attack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kitten step to B5
    Bite(1d20+9)[17] damage (1d4+1)[5] plus trip (1d20+9)[10]
    Claw (1d20+7)[14] damage (1d2+1)[3]
    Claw (1d20+7)[10] damage (1d2+1)[3]


  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    With the ghoul currently being flanked, Tillandi stepped up next to Kitten and tried to attack the zombie.

    Spoiler: OOC Tillandi round3
    Show

    5ft step to C5
    attack: (1d20+6)[22] for damage: (1d8+2)[10] (Piercing if it matters)

    Tillandi Borgrem
    Female N Half-elf Cleric/Fighter, Level 3/3, Init 1, HP 21/21, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 16, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    MC, brace Trident +6 (1d8+2, x2)
    Silvered dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron dagger +5 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Breastplate, Heavy wooden shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 12
    Condition None

    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Spoiler: Map
    Show

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Firi'Sar hits and destroys the ghoul.
    Akula and Kitten dispose of the remaining zombie.

    In the next few moments the party dispatches the remaining two undead monsters, striking both the ghoul and the last zombie down with blade, hand, and claw. As they all catch their breaths the PCs are again assaulted by the smell of rot, decay, and death.

    End combat.

    It is telling that the stain-trail you've been following ends in this room. Neither of the two closed doors to the north show signs that any bleeding-body was dragged past them. It's likely the undead were fed using whatever corpses have been dragged here. Searching the room finds plenty of gnawed bones and broken coffins, but nothing valuable. It looks like whoever put these here as guardians didn't leave them treasure to keep, at least not any stored in this room.

    Do you wish to do anything more with this room? If not, out which door do you want to go? You came in the one at the bottom right - there are two new doors to the north of you.

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Kitten, heel!" Cordelia commands, interrupting the leopard's pawing the foul taste of of her mouth and summoning her back.

    "Well if there was any doubt the Kelanis are up to no good, this seals it!" Cordelia declares, covering her own mouth and nose to keep the stench out. She hurried over to the northeast door, hoping to find refuge beyond.

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    "Maybe we should let our captured guards see this," Tillandi suggested, "so they know who they had been serving. Anyway, anybody wounded?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    Akula flexes his gore spattered hand and wipes it clean on his breeches and retrieves the harpoon. "Satisfactory" he grunts. Then nodding to Tillandi he grabs the tied up guard and brigs him to the undead filled store room. "You should choose your employers more carefully, they may not allow you to leave..."

    That done he listens carefully at each door looking for any more traps


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



    Perception N door (1d20+9)[12]
    Perception E door (1d20+9)[12]


    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (2/4 remaining): - versatile unarmed
    Studied Target +1:

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]


    Spells inf / 4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •