A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Results 481 to 487 of 487
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"


    Akula nods to the others in agreement. "Very well, the cult then the trip across the bay. We can find a boat and have it provisioned even as we rid the the Rowyn manor of the the vile priest. The trip to Kraken Cove may let whatever trouble is left behind calm before we return." He listens as they question Rowyn and adds "When is the best time for us to sneak into your manor for this? best that your servants do not see us."


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show





    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1:
    Enlarged (-2 AC, Reach, +1 dam,)

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]

    Spells inf / 1/4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Tillandi followed the conversation and made some notes so they knew what to get.
    "I can ask for the remove fear in my own temple," she said, "and I'd like to get a wand of cure light as well, just to be on the safe side."

    she looked at Lady Vanderboren.
    "As for a boat, maybe you have something small we can borrow? Large enough for our group, but not much bigger that we need a whole lot of extra crew. A small boat is also easier to conceal."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "How best will we able to get the jump on this cult?" Cordelia asks Lady Rowyn. "Do they sleep? Are there particular schedules they observe? What's the layout of their portion of your estate? Any defenses we should know about?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    [Akula] listens as they question Rowyn and adds "When is the best time for us to sneak into your manor for this? best that your servants do not see us."
    Lady Kellani thinks for a moment before answering. "I'm don't know - the mortals should sleep, but they're demonologists and insane, so I don't know. They basically never come up out to the outdoors...usually they stay in the dungeons, which you've seen. As for my family staff, most of them lead quite normal lives. My parents try to limit the exposure of their...spiritual advisors with the gong you heard. Only the butler is allowed near the basement stairs when it is rung - everyone else is required to avoid that area once it's been sounded. You might be able to use that, I suppose..."

    With a yawn the young woman finishes her conference with the PCs by saying, "I will ensure you are allowed on the grounds, either through the sewers or the main gate. Beyond that I'm going to allow you the freedom to decide how you want to do this. Just be sure it is done, and preferably soon. My freedom depends upon it..."

    Lady Kellani doesn't have much more to offer you. If you want to skip any RP for purchasing items, let me know what you buy at standard prices. So far nothing you've discussed is unusual enough that you cannot find it in Sasserine.

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...



    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

    Later that evening when the party have reconvened in a pub somewhere Akula looks around the others as he sips a healthy flagon of ale. "So... shall we re-enter from the sewers but this time strike fast as we cross the bridges and raid these scum once we have picked up some supplies."

    Looking at the table he taps his spear and then snarls. "I will not be caught lacking this time. We must be prepared for their tricks and strike hard, fast and without mercy. If we purchase supplies in the morning shall we strike tomorrow during the day, they will not expect our return so soon."


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show





    Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"
    M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 18/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

    Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1:
    Enlarged (-2 AC, Reach, +1 dam,)

    Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]

    Spells inf / 1/4
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water, Detect Poison
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path, Cure Light

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Firi'Sar listens thoughtfully before nodding politely at their new patron's words. He keeps his peace for the time being, and before long ushers his companions into the streets to begin acquiring the potions and scrolls to be better prepared the next time.

    Later that day, he speaks frankly, if in hushed tones, over a mug of frothy beer. "I think first thing in the morning, we enter through the front gates. It will be good for us to be seen, and to act above board in as many ways as are possible. Unless we're worried about hiding our involvement in this specific affair from Rowyn's mother, we do ourselves no favors by hiding our connections to the family. In the long run, I doubt it will be sustainable, regardless, so we might as well air it out now, eh? It's poor leverage, but it's not none..."

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Tillandi had gone to the temple of Procan to get some of the items they had identified as needed and while she hadn't managed to get a discount, she had managed to get them to make those as a rush job.

    "Here I am," she said as she entered the inn they had agreed to use as base for now, "the wand, the potions and scrolls of remove fear will be ready tomorrow morning."

    She listened to the others.
    "I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go inside through the main gate for this," she said, "we might have to do certain things and I'd rather not have the guard show up at our door. I think it's best to go from the basement again and to rush a bit. We also know that way."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

    Cordelia thinks about the decision for a few moments, stroking kitten between her ears as she does so.

    "I think Tillandi's right," she concludes. "Better not to be too obvious if we can avoid it. And we will have a better idea of the route as well if we start down there."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •