New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

It quickly becomes clear that much as Firi'Sar suspects, this is just a rank and file thief. He bears the tattoo of the Lotus Dragons, but doesn't know much that you all haven't already figured out. Over the next several minutes you learn:

• This area was called the Crucible, and it was a place where enemies of the guild could be dropped off to be killed. The crocodile usually swims in the pool, but they can crank its chain back and confine it to the beach area if needed.
    • The guard post, near the ladder you used to enter the lair, is to the west.
    • To the east are the guest quarters, usually empty, though some man had been using them recently. Further that way there are several meeting rooms, "Cruncher's Den," and eventually a dock. The dock is hidden below the streets above and can only be used if you can get past a secret panel hidden underneath the "normal" Sasserine piers nearby.
    • The man visiting was well dressed, snooty, and usually spent his time with the Lady Lotus, not the grunt thieves. He was at least wealthy, maybe a rich merchant or noble.
    • "Cruncher" is an enormous wolf. He's nasty, has a taste for human flesh, and is well trained. The guild leadership don't seem afraid of it, but everyone else is.
    • He's heard there are some monster pens further down the wester passages, past the water, but he's never seen them - the demon rays guard that area and he's got other things to do than explore.

The Lotus Dragon is smart enough to know that he's beat and his only chance to live is to be cooperative, but he's not volunteering information, especially about himself. After answering all the questions (so far) he asks if he can go - "You've beat the Lotus Dragons badly enough, I'll probably leave town. Won't be welcome here anymore..."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"That might be a good idea," Tillandi said, "one more question from me: how many people are in this complex normally?
    And how many are there maximum?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

As the theif talks Akula looks coldly on, but as mention of the "man with lady lotus" is mentioned he looks to the others. "You think this man is Vanthus?" and he looks back, "Is this man still here?". Aside from that the only thing that Akula is attendant to is the mention of the "demon rays". But then he looks to Firi'Sar and the others. "If we have shattered the guild's power, we can speak with City Watch to clear out the rest here. Shall we speak more with Lady Lavinia and seek her broth once more?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 11/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1: n/a

Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]

Spells
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

When the others are finished questioning him, Cordelia simple says "Get out of here then. We'd better not run into you again."

She wants to check out the room to the west they apparently missed on their last pass.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-09-13 at 04:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar nods somberly. "Try and make better choices wherever you end up. Skills can be used for coin safer than this." He eyes the thief, expecting nothing, and lets the man leave.

"Well that was enlightening. Dee, do you have any suggestions for this "Cruncher?" I'm loathe to leave an animal to starve, but cannot say I relish the idea of facing a huge, angry, man-eating wolf, either."

6. - Top - End - #276

NecromancerGuy

"Um...I've never really counted, but we used to eat in shifts, maybe ten or so of us at a time...Not all of us sleep here either - it's too damp and smelly for some...

The guest? Nah, he left a day or two ago. You can see the guest room toward the docks if you don't believe me,
    " answers the thief before taking his leave, not saying more or looking back as he disappears into the tunnels, clearly heading for one of the nearest ladders, up which he disappears.

A couple of moments of exploring confirm the departed Lotus Dragon's description of the most immediate rooms. Cordelia and Kitten find the guard post (now abandoned) where the party was stymied earlier. Nothing of significance is left - it appears the thieves left using the ladder down which the party came.

Akula and Tillandi find a small visitor's suite, complete with lounge and bed quarters down the hall. In the bedroom they find a slip of paper with a sketch of the Vanderboren vault and several number series on it, all crossed out. Whoever stayed here was at least familiar with the vault...

Spoiler: Map
    Show

In the next several minutes the party goes down the remaining halls, finding a series of empty rooms. It looks like one or two were intended as guard posts or meeting rooms, with the last room having a small toilet. After this is a simple sand beach with a wooden pier, all hidden under the normal piers of Sasserine above. It's a fine hiding place for a secret guild - several hidden entrances, narrow tunnels for easy defense, and good traps. Unfortunately the Lotus Dragons weren't prepared for enemies of the PCs' caliber. All have either fled or been dispatched.

What do you do now? There is a small area unexplored - on the far east side of the map, accessed by way of the water. There are enemies there - more Rhagodessas. Do you want to explore there and dispatch the monsters, or warn the city Watch?

This is your first opportunity to play the PCs as they explore Sasserine and report to their patron. If you don't remember what has happened before, I recommend reading the summaries I wrote at the beginning of this thread.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"So, we're going to check every nook and cranny," Tillandi asked, "or back up and let the city watch try to earn their pay to clean out the last bits?"

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Akula looks at the others, "More of them spider beasts, nah, let the watch deal with them. If they are trapped by the water they can be starved out." Although he does look longingly at the water wher he knows the rest of Ixitachi retreated before feeling the fresh scars from where they almost killed him. "The watch can clean out the last of this place. Vanthus is not here anymore and we can find the leader of this cult later. She will not be as stupid as to return here." He glances at Firi'Sar, "Have you all the evidence and clues from the planning room to convince the watch of this place?" Akula asks, clearly happy to turn the matter over to the city guard and return to Lady Lavinia with the sad news that Vanthus has slipped the net again.

Show

M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 11/20,
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar actually takes the pack from his shoulders before answering. "Let me look through here, actually," he mutters, as he begins diligently recounting the details of his findings. He thumbs through pages of missives and orders, briefly scans the map, and finally nods resolutely. "Yes, I think this is pretty damning," he comments. "And unless I miss my guess, I know who to take it to. I've a... friend of sorts- he actually arrested me once, but was instrumental in getting me on the straight and narrow, as it were. Captain Renald- he technically operates out of Noble district, but I think he's got the clout and I know he's clean."

Show
    Took some liberties, but I'm fairly confident that a modified 32 on know local will do it. If it wouldn't, we really shouldn't have bothered rolling.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sounds good," Tillandi said, "I've heard the name, but I don't know the man. But we'll have to tell someone at some point and maybe someone from a different precinct is better. That way we can ask him discretion and he can bring it to the watch here as an anonymous tip. Well, let's go, shall we?"

If there was no objection, she would move back to the upstairs world.

11. - Top - End - #281

NecromancerGuy

There is a reason that Firi'Sar knows Captain Renald but Tillandi and the others do not. The City Watch in Sasserine's most wealthy area, the "Noble District," have long ago learned that while they are welcome to keep the streets safe and crime-free there, they are not actually welcome there. The various noble families and "new wealth" in the area that dwell in the Noble District have been at times very grateful for and other times critical of the City Watch, so the Watch came upon a novel way to police the area - entirely under cover.

Captain Renald, the senior-most leader of the Watch, is essentially a spy and a master of disguises. Firi'Sar remembers meeting him several decades ago when the man arrested the young elf for attempting to traffic illicit drugs in one of the finer neighborhoods. Even at that time the human(?) man's age was difficult to pin down - he could have been in his thirties with early-gray in his hair or a wizened old 50-something in excellent physical shape. Firi'Sar suspects but doesn't know if Captain Renald has elvish blood, but it would explain his longevity.

The real challenge is finding the good Captain without making something of a scene. There is an office of the Watch in the Noble District. Firi'Sar knows the building well as it is both where he spent a night after being arrested by Captain Renald and it is where he was required to attend a Twelve-Step program hosted by the Watch as part of his rehabilitation. It's probably the best place to go, though there is no guarantee they will be able to present the party to Captain Renald today.

To move things along while still engaging in the fun, I am going to assume that you do several things:

• Inform the Watch in the Sunrise District of the Lotus Dragon lair so they can take control of it and begin securing it, legally.
    • Not tell members of the Watch there about the evidence you've found.
    • Report to Lady Vanderboren.
    • Try and make contact with Captain Renald.
    • Investigate the mysterious "Lady Lotus" - presumed to be a noblewoman ("Rowyn Kellani" perhaps?) who has escaped you so far.

I need your preference on the order of the above actions. I will assume informing the Sunrise Watch and leading them to the entrances happens first...

The process of finding the Sunrise District Watch is not difficult and you manage to get them moving when you report the numerous (dead) bodies at the Taxidermy Guildhall. With some careful wording and dropping of names ("Captain Renald" and "Lady Vanderboren") you are able to both avoid arrest and actually receive some (verbal) praise from the guardsmen. As the extent of the Lots Dragons' lair and its numerous traps and secret entrances are presented it rapidly becomes clear to the junior guards that they need to call in for backup, giving you all an excellent opportunity to leave them to their business after making your statements.

Now, to Lady Vanderboren, the Noble District Watch, or to find the Lady Lotus?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Akula eyes up the elf as he speaks in loaded phrases and inneundo at the guards and when they leave the Guard house eyes Firi'Sar appraisingl. "You havea long and complex past I think/. You have not always worked for the Lady Lavinia?" he asks.

As they stand in the fresh air, he eyes the distance sea and bay, before focusing back on the others. "Let us go and see the Lady Lavinia. We must tell her her her brother Vanthus has slipped the net and we have need to work harder to find him. We can also ask if she could us find the Lady Lotus who led the Lotus Dragons. If she deals with the ixitachi she is evil beyond redemption."

Show

HP 11/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"I think taking this to your guard friend is a good idea," Cordelia agrees with Firi'Sar. "We don't want to be too closely linked to what we've done here this evening, but at least the Lotus Dragons' base is extinguished."

"More importantly we should let Lady Lavinia know what we've found. Whatever Vanthus is up to it can't be good to let him get too much of a headstart."

"And maybe if we have time I'd like to check whether Churtle made contact with my father ok, but that's not important if we have to push on after Vanthus and this Rowyn."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I would say first to Lady Lavinia," Tillandi said, "she's the one paying us. Then we can check with Fri'Sar's guard captain and if we don't have enough information, ask him also about Rowyn Kellani, so we have another start point if needed."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

As the party demonstrates their findings, Firi'Sar easily falls into the legalese and careful commentary that both makes clear their efforts and hides the precise details of their involvement. He directs the young guardsmen to the various discovered entrances with no small amount of caution and encouragement. "I'd be stunned if this is every ingress, if we're being completely forthright," he posits, after showing them the last hidden entrance he knows of. A few moments later, he simply nods and bows gracefully as the junior guardsmen explain their need for higher authorities. As they begin to talk amongst themselves over precisely who should be sent where to inform and end the "time off" period of whom, Firi'Sar gently nudges Cordelia and Tillandi. "That's our queue- best we weren't here when the boss arrives." With hurried steps carefully controlled to appear instead simply deliberate, he ushers his companions onto the street- and quickly off of it again, a few blocks away.

In the dim light of an alleyway, Firi'Sar glances at Akula and snorts. "I'm an Elf. We've all seen ten times more than we'll admit and less than half of what we'd have liked. And ah, no. In my youth, I found more... lucrative ways to stay fed. Less honorable, perhaps, but quite lucrative. The good Captain wasn't as receptive to my trade as many, and quite probably saved my life. Eventually, everyone overdoses. I imagine he considers me among his greatest success stories," he adds with a curious expression.

"Regardless, as you've accurately assessed, we're beholden to inform our patroness. After that, I'd like to try and find Captain Renald as soon as it's reasonable."

16. - Top - End - #286

NecromancerGuy

The party makes their way towards the Vanderboren Manor with a certain satisfaction in their minds, though whether they feel safer or not with so many of the Lotus Dragons dispatched varies. In one sense, a murderous gang of criminals has been thoroughly beaten, sans the head of the guild. On the other hand, such gangs often keep the rest of the city's underbelly in line. The destruction of the Lotus Dragons will certainly leave a power vacuum in Sasserine as the Lady Lotus tries to recover her status amongst the criminal elements...at least until the PCs find her.

The Vanderboren manor is located in the eastern section of the Merchant District. The high stone wall surrounding the estate and towering, gothic, three-story house inside stand as a safe place in the storm right now. The front gates are open and Kora, Lady Vanderboren's old halfling maid, is seen directing some basic yard work being performed by menial laborers. At the sight of the PCs she gives a few last directions before hurrying over to them. After a quick word of concern for their torn and slashed clothing, bruises, etc... she rushes off to find Lady Lavinia Vanderboren.

Spoiler: Lady Vanderboren
    Show

The recovery of much of her family's wealth and subsequent work to set her affairs straight seems to have done the young noblewoman good. She smiles as she greets the party, her fine dress making her look quite the part of the wealthy benefactress. "My champions! You've returned, and hope the other guys look worse than you do! Please, come inside and tell me what you've found. Did you find my wayward brother? Quickly now - I don't want all the details yet, but tell me of Vanthus. Then you can all go clean up. I will have Kora get you fresh clothes.

But first, did you find him?
    " she asks excitedly as she sweeps the party into the manor and closes the door behind her. The open drapes let plenty of light inside so that the party can see her expectant expression as she waits for your answer...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Walking through the city Akula eyes up Firi'Sar a little before nodding wisely. As they reach the manor he grins to see servants tidying and life back restored in the place. As Lavinia waves them in he offers her a low bow, "Lady Lavinia, I have no news that is good. Vanthus your brother was not there. He was previously, and it would seem his lover was the head of the shoal of thieves that we dispersed." He shrugs and looks at the others, "Although we are not sure which rock he crawled under."

Show

HP 11/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"But we might have a lead on who was the leader of that bunch of thieves," Tillandi said, "we have put the city watch on cleaning out the last bits of the thieves' den, so we're free to pursue other leads. And having the city watch claim credit for cleaning out that hole, we remain in the background, they look good and are put in our debt, which is always useful."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed, and to that end, I would strongly encourage you find ways to limit your, ah, connections to the Kellani family. It's strictly hearsay at this point, but I feel our source was reliable; solid odds Miss Rowyn and your brother are... involved in each others' plans. Speaking of plans, I haven't had the time to investigate nearly as thoroughly as would be desirable, but we did recover a great deal of information regarding these Lotus Dragons' activities. I suspect it will help lead us to both of them, once I can sort through it."

He glances to Tillandi with a nod. "Regarding the watch, I find the premise laughable that these thieves have failed to get the guard involved, and I've got a contact I know will see the work done thoroughly. I will certainly defer to your will, and would consider many horrible acts to have that turn in the baths and a new pair of breeches- but I would greatly like to see to him sooner rather than later. I would say he seems one of the best allies we could claim in actually rooting out Vanthus. I plan to share my findings with Captain Renald, as well."

Show
    I'm assuming some things about the intel, but hopefully it's reasonable? Not precisely sure on the timeline, but if Firi'Sar already knows what he's going to learn from said intel, I've largely forgotten it.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'm sure the guard will do their utmost," Tillandi said, "the ones not corrupted by those lotus dragons will want to for obvious reasons and the ones that were corrupted will also want it, if only just to shut up any witnesses. And it throws suspicion away from them and make them look good. Everybody wants to look good. But maybe you can suggest to your captain to have a look at which guards suddenly have a change of lifestyle due to lack of money. And indeed, we will have to go over the information we have gathered in more detail then we did down there."

21. - Top - End - #291

NecromancerGuy

Lady Vanderboren listens, her expression disappointed (at the news, not the PCs) as the news of her brother comes out. "A criminal lover, also possibly Rowyn Kellani, and bought-and-sold city watchmen? That is quite the mess..." she says as she settles down to think. "I've no business with the Kellani family, so that is easy enough, though I wish you'd found my brother. But for now, go get cleaned up and I'll arrange for dinner to be delivered to you. Do not wait for me - I have several meetings with contacts who owe favors and need to discuss finances with them. For now, you may take the lead on speaking to Captain Renald and trying to end the threat of the Lotus Dragons once and for all. Should it proves to be this noblewoman do not get caught without proof. For that matter, be sure the proof is in more than one place, but we cannot let this go without running it to ground."

With that the young noblewoman excuses herself, her confidence and drive sharply contrasting with her prior nervousness. It looks like it is up to you to see how you wrap things up, now.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe the Kellani estate's servants would know Lady Rowyn's whereabouts. There's usually someone in any estate that gossips. I could go to the market, see what I can overhear," Cordelia suggests.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+7)[10] with maybe a hint of diplomacy to persuade people to talk(1d20+4)[9]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Good idea," Tillandi said, "but have your cat leave its stuffed toy at home. Someone might recognise it. I don't think there are that many stuffed spiders out there. And I'm sure there's also a bar or something where Lady Rowyn or any of her staff show up from time to time."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry Kitten, she's got a point," Cordelia says gently taking the stuffed toy away and putting it in her bag over Kitten's heartbroken expression. "We'll leave it with my dad, you can play with it when we're at home."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar snorts. "You're probably the only lass in Sasserine with a "kitty" the size of a small horse. I don't figure it's the stuffed animal that'll give you away, sweetheart. If you're willing to have her lick her paws for a few hours, I can put on a kit and they'll be none the wiser. Certainly no scullery maid for the Kellani's, at least."
    Show
    Firi'Sar is not actually yet trained in disguise, but he can put his hood up and ask in the right places in and around Shadowshore. And the DC to be recognized by a random servant would be... substantial. Most of the commentary is just that. I'm fine with it.

"Let's see if we can find someone with gossip in the morning. After lunch, I'd like to give Captain Renald a visit. What with the whole 'assassins with poisoned bolts trying to kill us in broad daylight' bit, I'd feel more than a little better if you'd all come with."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Akula looks at the Lady and nods his head in a respectful bow to the Vandeboren. As the others speak he nods, "I shall follow where you lead, although I am not a frequent visitor into the noble districts. But the Shadowshore i know better and can help where I can."

Show

HP 11/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sure, I'll come," Tillandi said, "so first trying to find your captain buddy and then gathering information about our lady 'friend'. And we might listen to rumours on what happened to the Lotuses. Just to make sure we know up front if someone is coming after us."

28. - Top - End - #298

NecromancerGuy

It doesn't take the party too long to work out some details about the Kellani family in general, Rowyn Kellani specifically, and the state of the Sasserine underbelly. Most of their questions don't even seem to garner much notice or surprise from the people around the city, as gossip about nobles is common and nearly everyone is talking about the sudden disappearance of many of the known thieves and criminals in the city.

Kellani Manor is located in the Azure District (you can find it on the map in the Players' Guide). Like many noble houses it shows off the family's wealth while protecting its people. The building has a yard much like the Vanderboren estate, separated from the city streets by a tall stone wall. The Kellanis are a larger family than the Vanderborens, and their cadre of servants is likewise more numerous. However, most business is not handled at the Manor, but instead through managers, lawyers, and other proxies throughout the city. The Kellani family rarely entertains guests and never uninvited.

Most of the nobility look at the Kellanis as very ambitious, not entirely trustworthy, and devious opponents in political games and intrigue. The family invests in a variety of industries, including shipping, rare goods, and most recently taxidermy. Though not known to be evil particularly, they play to win and it would be reasonable for them to defend an investment. Their previous businesses have not been entirely above suspicion, but they have never been caught red-handed in any overtly illegal activities.

(Of note - in a city like Sasserine, most noble families get involved in smuggling, sketchy trades, and other colorful and exciting schemes. Go back far enough and basically every family in town came from cutthroats and vagabonds. The Kellanis just did it more recently than most nobles.)

Rowyn Kellani is a striking woman, known as being a bit of a wild-child in her youth but tempering as she matured into young-adulthood. She has red hair she often wears in a long, braided tail and displays several elaborate tattoos on her arms - leftovers from her rebellious teenage years. As the eldest of the Kellani siblings she has been in the social spotlight for some time. Her temper and cruel intelligence have given her a reputation as an excellent negotiator and businesswoman, possibly even better than her mother, Heldrath Kellani (who is rumored to have purchased a seat at the Dawn Council with treasure gained from a career as a pirate).

In spite of all this, Rowyn has (apparently) calmed down significantly in the last several years. Suitors have been summarily rejected, she has kept out of trouble with her mother and the law, and attended both finishing school and studied with several private tutors. Everyone seems to expect that she is being groomed to inherit her mother's seat on the Dawn Council, along with the majority of the Kellani treasury.

Strangely, the first thing the party notices regarding the Lotus Dragons is a veritable crime wave of petty thievery in the city! It seems that merchants from Shadowshore to the Nobles District are enraged at the inability of the Sasserine Watch to address several burglaries and frequent shoplifting happening around town.

Word of the Lotus Dragons' precipitous fall (as a guild, at least) seems to have reached the ears of all their recent under-dog competition, and criminals of all kinds are ignoring the protection racket that the Lotus Dragons had with businesses and just going to town. No one really knows what has happened, but everyone knows that the criminal underworld is in flux as the top dog has been laid low.

Individual Lotus Dragons who avoided the fall of their guildhall are nowhere to be found. Representatives, fences, and just anyone known for being connected to them seem to have either suddenly gone on vacation or, in a couple of cases, died gruesomely overnight.

It's hard to tell if you actions did good or bad in the long run, but toppling the dominant thieves guild in town seems to have had quite a series of impacts.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well, that was to be expected," Tillandi said to the others when she heard about the extra thievery, "but it will settle soon and while those petty thieves get a lot of attention, I think it's probably less that what they had to endure before. Maybe now it's more visible, the watch will have to take action. And speaking of action, what are we going to do? Visit Kellani manor?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

"Not without an invitation," Firi'Sar mutters. "Let's go talk to the good Captain. Perhaps he'll have something useful for us."