New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tides, Take 3! Entering the Den of the Lotus Dragon...

"Back up, Til!" Firi'Sar whispers harshly. "Back out the door and pin 'em between us!"

He grabs Cordelia a bit roughly, and pulls her around the bend in the corridor. Once there's room, he steps past her, so he can peer around the corner with relative safety.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming reduce person is over by now.
    (1d20+9)[22] stealth (+2 in dim light or darker) to remain hidden while peeking past the corner.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tillandi backs up a bit, so they could squish any guards coming out between them.
    "I'll take the close ones," she whispered, "someone take care of the further away ones, so they can't warn someone."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Akula N'Kuttik "Shark Splitter"

Akula nods and waits in the doorway to the cavern grinning at young Tilandi. "Let them come eh?" he smiles, he harpoon and net clutched in each hand as he prepares to attack the people as they come through, his long arms stretching as he readies to lunge over his colleagues heads if needs be and skewer multiple enemy at a time.

Show

Martial flexbility activate: "Cleave Feat"

Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat

M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 15/20,
    Speed 20ft Land / 40ft Swim
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15,
    CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Unarmed +7 (+5/5) (1d6+5, x2)
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar
    (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

Condition/Effects
    Martial Flexibility (3/4 remaining): n/a
    Studied Target +1: n/a

Traits: +1 unarmed damage, +1 Dam vs [Aquatic], +1 hit [Aquatic]

Spells
    0: Light, Detect Magic, Sift, Guidance, Create Water
    1st: Divine Favour, Protection From Evil, Nature's Path

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Please excuse me for not posting a map update - the PCs can move as described, but otherwise nothing has changed.

The party quickly and quietly readies itself to ambush the Lotus Dragons on the other side of the door. However, the sounds of the thieves apparently struggling with the door-bar continue for most of the next thirty seconds before going quiet. Either they succeeded and haven't opened the door (for some unknown reason) or have given up. Do you try the door?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What now," Tillandi whispers, "we can block the door so they can't get out, or we can try to get in. I'm good either way."

As the others wanted to go through, she cast guidance on whoever would go though first.
    Last edited by farothel; 2021-03-18 at 11:11 AM.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar frowns as the scratching falls silent. He glances back and forth between his allies, hidden in ambush, racking his brain for the possibilities. After just a few heartbeats, he throws back an extract and prowls to the (now unlocked?) door. "Akula! Rush them!" he whispers urgently, as he passes the hallway where his friends are hiding. "At any cost, they must not raise the alarm!"

As soon as Akula begins following, Firi'sar casts a spell and throws open the door!

Show
    We all know there's a fight behind this door, right? Given time, Firi'Sar will drink a shield extract, cast reduce person, and then open the door. If not given time, adjudicate in that order.

@DarkOne, let me know what sort of timing we've got.

Also @DarkOne, I was mistaken on a relevant mechanical detail that I would like to correct: Firi'Sar cast reduce person as an arcanist, he didn't drink an extract of it. That said, the utility of the extract being standard action is such that I'd like to (long term) swap a few of my extracts and spells to benefit from that detail. We can address this specifically in discord or over the phone, but I don't want the plan to get lost.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Akula pauses then hefts the harpoon and nods. Offering a blessing to Procan a thin sheen of rain falls from nowhere coating him in a shimmering wet protective sheen. "I'm ready", "Let's spring this trap of theirs"

Show

Cast Protection from evil

Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat 8 /10
    Protection from Evil 19 /20

M NG Darfellan Brawler (Beast Wrestler)// Inquisitor (Sanctified slayer / Keeper of the Current), Level 2 // 2, Init 4,
    HP 15/20,
    MW Harpoon (50ft Rope) +8 (1d8+6, x3) [Grapple on a critical, has rope to control enemy ]
    Snag Net (Trip (does 1+ damage)) +7 (touch) (Entangled, CL DC17+SL, DC 22 escape or DC 25 Str,)
    Leather Lamellar w/Armour spikes (+7 1d6+4/19-20 x2 P) MW Shark scale Armour, In combat (+8 1d6+4/ 19-20 x 2 P)
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

[/QUOTE]

8. - Top - End - #68

NecromancerGuy

As Firi'Sar reaches out to open the door, he finds it unlocked but barred from the other side! Anyone listening can hear the snickering of the two Lotus Dragons as they laugh at the party's response to their little ploy. "Hah! As if we'd just open the door for them!" "Yeah, that's rich! Whew! Come on in, anytime you would-be heroes can! Bah!"

The Lotus Dragons heard you and actually left the door barred as a brief bluff. All rolls were behind the DM screen.

Do you want to try and break the door down? It has a break DC. Alternatively, you can go the other way or try to get them to open the door.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Akula snarls angrily, teeth bared as hears them laughing. "No-one mocks me..." he bellows and levels a massive kick at the door, filled with rage.

Show

Kick the door Strength check (1d20+4)[15]
    Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat 7 /10
    Protection from Evil 18 /20

HP 15/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

10. - Top - End - #70

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Strong Wooden Door: These sturdy doors can take some punishment before breaking. Good wooden doors are rarely double doors, however. Strong wooden door typical stats: AC 3; hardness 5; hit points 22.

Barred (Door): When characters try to bash down a barred door, it’s the quality of the bar that matters, not the material the door is made of. It takes a DC 25 Strength check to break through a door with a wooden bar, and a DC 30 Strength check if the bar is made of iron. Characters can attack the door and destroy it instead, leaving the bar hanging in the now-open doorway.
    The door shakes at Akula's angry kick, but doesn't open. From the other side the Lotus Dragons can be heard laughing even harder at the ineffective effort so far.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tillandi looks at the door and aims her trident where she assumes the hinges are. Using both hands, she stabs at the door, trying to break the wood near the hinges so they can simply take it out.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

I'm taking the time to line up my attack (so no attack roll needed if I understand the rules correctly. I'll do a few rolls, as I'm not sure how many are needed. And I basically try to split the wood where it meets the hinges, so it's easier to get it out. If I can see the hinges on our side, it's easy (and it would mean we have to pull instead of push on the door), otherwise hinges are normally always at the same location, so I'll try those.

damage: (1d8+3)[5]
    (1d8+3)[6]
    (1d8+3)[4]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    (1d8+3)[8]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar's concern quickly fades to a scowl. "Hell and brimstone!" he curses, turning away from the barred door. "Dee, come with me, quickly!" He hurries down the hallway, pausing only briefly at the door to the right to listen before opening it and peering inside.

Show
    Mechanically, I'm guessing a move action to get there and another to do perception: (1d20+11)[31]
    Next round, he'll open the door.

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Map
    Show

The six Lotus Dragon thieves are not marked on the map. My apologies. Given their numbers and such, I doubt either FarmerBink or Cordelia will want to enter the room and risk being flanked by superior numbers, though. If you do, I will provide an updated map tomorrow.

As Firi'Sar and Cordelia rush down the hallway Akula and Tillandi continue to beat on the barred door. Down the hall Firi'Sar and Cordelia see the signs of a large dining hall - more of a communal cafeteria than a formal place, which makes sense given the Lotus Dragons nature as a thieves' guild. A long banquet table fills the room, leaving barely any clearance to either side. In the far corner is a bird cage full of listless tropical birds.

The door to the right is remarkably clean lavatory. While not fresh-smelling, it is much better than one would expect underground.

To the left the two adventurers (and Kitten) find a large room covered in thick, padded mats. Throughout the room stand all manner of target dummies made of clothes and armor stuffed with straw, some of which wear bell-studded coats with numerous pockets. Others are draped with manacles and chains hung with cheap-looking padlocks. On the right side of this room a wooden stage sits about a foot off the floor. A padded throne flanked by potted plants sits on this stage. Opposite this is another door.

A moment after opening the door to the training room, Kitten growls loudly, alerting Kitten and Firi'Sar to a threat - upon closer look, it appears that the manakins aren't dummies - they are disguised thieves!

Two rounds have passed (for buff-duration bookkeeping).

Usually I would roll initiative to keep things moving, but this ambush has the potential to be very dangerous. The Lotus Dragon will act in the surprise round on initiative 16. Firi'Sar and Cordelia may also act in the surprise round, but need to roll initiative to determine if they act before or after the enemies. Please roll and then post an action if you go before the enemies.

Both Akula and Tillandi spend two rounds beating on the door - please post your rolls accordingly, DrK. I will use the first two rolls farothel gave. Both of your PCs do not get to act in the surprise round. Please roll initiative as well, though, so we can determine acting order.

Begin Combat!

14. - Top - End - #74

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Map at the Beginning of PC actions in Round 1
    Show

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    The door has taken 6 total damage from Tillandi and Akula's efforts.

All of the Lotus Dragon thieves miss Firi'Sar with their crossbows.

What seems like a hail of hand-crossbow bolts fly at Firi'Sar, each shot by one of the "mannequins" in the room. Several should have hit him, but the magical forces protecting him (Mage Armor and Shield spell effects) prevent them from connecting, leaving the door wide open and the assembled thieves staring at the miniature elf with somewhat shocked - and worried - expressions...

For simplicity sake, all players will now act as a group - Firi'Sar and Cordelia/Kitten get an additional standard action from the surprise round.

Begin Round 1!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As soon as Tillandi hears the fighting, she looks at Akula.
    "Help them," she said, "I'll grab some rocks and block the door here and then join you."

She started just doing that, finding some large rocks she could lift and use to block the door.

Spoiler: Tillandi round 1
    Show

Find and drag over some rocks to block the door.
    Last edited by farothel; 2021-03-27 at 06:09 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar is as surprised as anyone by the sudden development of a half-dozen thieves shooting at him. Still, he recovers quickly, thanks in part to his magical defenses. As the bolts clatter against walls and unseen magical layers of force, a decidedly unpleasant smirk spreads on his face. "Very well. Our turn."

He steps into the room, turning to the side and lunges at the nearest of the thieves.

Spoiler: Firi'Sar, round 1
    Show
    Firi'Sar Throshana
    Male NG Elf Swash 1, Empiricist 1//Arcanist 2, Level 2//2, Init 6, HP 15/15, Speed 30
    AC 18 24, Touch 14 16, Flat-footed 14 21, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 7 8, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Rapier (MW) +6 +8 (1d6+4 1d4+5, 18-20, x2)
    Light crossbow (20 bolts) +5 +7 (1d8 1d6, 19-20, x2)
    Mage Armor, Shield Extract (+4 armor, +4 shield +5 Dex, +1 size)
    Abilities Str 7 5, Dex 18 20, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Lightbringer: +1 CL for light related spells
    Panache: 6/6
    Inspiration: 5/5
    Arcane Reservoir: 4/5
    Extracts & Spells (See list https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2377717)

Move to E/5.
    Attack F/5. If modified result is between 12 and 15, use inspiration to add (1d6)[4] to the total (same if/else applies to confirmation roll, if initial is a threat.
    (1d20+8)[22] rapier
    (1d20+8)[9] CC (24+, x2)
    (1d4+5)[8] damage
    (1d4+5)[9] crit bonus

Use panache to parry incoming attack:
    (1d20+6)[21] (includes size penalty to attempt)
    if successful, riposte:
    (1d20+8)[13] rapier If it gets this far, this is where the inspiration roll lands, making the total a 17
    (1d20+8)[16] CC (24+, x2)
    (1d4+5)[7] damage
    (1d4+5)[7] crit bonus

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Akula looks at Tilandi, "Shark's tits" he snarls, "They've tricked us. Come on, lets help the others" and he turns and dashes as fast as he can following the sounds of combat!

Show

Move 40ft (up to the door by my count if Fir'Sar and Cordelia have moved)

Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat 6 /10
    Protection from Evil 17 /20

HP 15/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Kitten, Guard!" Cordelia calls out as their vanguard find itself pitched into battle with superior numbers, indicating Firi'Sar.
    Dropping prone to take better cover in the doorway, Kitten leaps over Cordelia to attack the thieves in the room, wall bounding to attack a hapless thief from above. From her defensive position on the floor behind her shield Cordelia lashes out with her mind, attempting to disable one of the thieves.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Cordelia

Surprise:
    Standard (Kitten - guard)
    Free: drop prone

1st: Psychic Strike vs C8. WILL DC14 or (1d6+1)[3] plus SHAKEN.

Kitten

Surprise: no action

1st:
    Move to D6 climbing wall for height advantage (higher ground +1)
    Attack D7: [25](rolled OOC) (1d4+1)[3] plus TRIP

Spoiler: Cordelia
    Show

Cordelia Beck
    F NG Human Druid//Sorcerer (Psychic), Level 2, Init 2, HP 15/15, DR -, Speed 30ft
    AC 26(ranged/prone/cover)/14(prone), Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 6, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Masterwork Leather Lamellar Armour, Masterwork Heavy Darkwood Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Starting Abilities: STR13 DEX14 CON12 INT10 WIS14 CHA16, then Human +2 WIS
    HPs Max at 1st, Avg round down odd/ Avg round up even thereafter
    1st level: Druid//Sorcerer +0 BaB, Good FORT WILL, +6sp (Human, FC)
    2nd level: Druid//Sorcerer +1 BaB, Good FORT WILL, +6sp (Human, FC)

Spoiler: Kitten
    Show

Kitten
    F NG Small Cat (White Leopard) Animal Companion, Level 2, Init 5, HP 20/20, DR -, Speed 50ft/Climb/Swim
    AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 2, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Bite +8 (1d4+1+trip, 20/x2)
    Claws x2 +6/+6 (1d2+1, 20/x2)
    (+5 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Condition None
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-03-29 at 04:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Map at the Beginning of Round 2
    Show

Thieves shaded red have taken damage - the darker the red, the more damage.
    The purple thief is also shaken.

Show
    Tillandi attempts to block the door - Disable Device result of 8. This will at least force the Lotus Dragons to interact with the stones to try to get past, using up an equivalent action as that Tillandi spent.
    Firi'Sar moves into the room and stabs one of the disguised Lotus Dragons, injuring him severely.
    Akula moves to the doorway.
    Cordelia directs Kitten, falls prone, and uses Psychic Strike against a Lotus Dragon - he fails his save and takes 3 damage and is shaken.
    Kitten climbs to attack from above, dealing 3 damage but failing to trip to another Lotus Dragon.

Two Lotus Dragons reload and fire their handcrossbows at Akula - both miss.
    One Lotus Dragon thief moves to flank Firi'Sar, incurring an AoO from Firi'Sar which leaves the thief disabled. He attacks anyway (dropping to -1 HP and dying after the attack), along with his injured buddy - both miss.
    Firi'Sar parries and ripostes, dropping the injured thief.

Another thief rushes to flank Kitten with his buddy, taking 3 damage from a claw (AoO) as he passes. Then he and his buddy attack Kitten - both miss.

The party moves with a purpose - counter-attacking the ambush with deadly efficiency. Firi'Sar and Kitten dive into melee, each drawing blood with their attacks as Cordelia attacks the confidence (and health) of a third thief. Tillandi blocks the door as well as she can given the rough tools on hand, and Akula rushes to the melee.

For their part, the Lotus Dragons perform embarrassingly badly. Two fire crossbows and miss Akula, while the others draw rapiers and dive into ill-fated melee. The two thieves who try to flank Firi'Sar find themselves stabbed into unconsciousness by his deftly wielded blade. Kitten swipes at another, and none of the thieves' attacks find their marks.

Well-played on the part of the party and absolutely horrible rolls for the Lotus Dragons. I don't think even one of them broke an 11, unmodified, this round. Yay for the party!

Begin Round 2!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

The small Elf smiles, a crooked uncomfortable thing, as he lays about himself with his blade. "Remind me," he utters- with the tone of a professor at lecture- as he steps forward into the fray once more, "to address the virtues of choosing your friends more wisely."

He then suddenly lunges at a nearby thief, trapping him between himself and Kitty.

Spoiler: Firi'Sar, round 2
    Show
    Firi'Sar Throshana
    Male NG Elf Swash 1, Empiricist 1//Arcanist 2, Level 2//2, Init 6, HP 15/15, Speed 30
    AC 18 24, Touch 14 16, Flat-footed 14 21, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 7 8, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Rapier (MW) +6 +8 (1d6+4 1d4+5, 18-20, x2)
    Light crossbow (20 bolts) +5 +7 (1d8 1d6, 19-20, x2)
    Mage Armor, Shield Extract (+4 armor, +4 shield +5 Dex, +1 size)
    Abilities Str 7 5, Dex 18 20, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Condition Lightbringer: +1 CL for light related spells
    Panache: 5/6
    Inspiration: 3/5
    Arcane Reservoir: 4/5
    Extracts & Spells (See list https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2377717)

5-foot step to E/6.
    Attack D/6. If modified result is between 12 and 15, use inspiration to add (1d6)[2] to the total (same if/else applies to confirmation roll, if initial is a threat.
    (1d20+10)[28] rapier
    (1d20+10)[16] CC (28+, x2)
    (1d4+5)[7] damage
    (1d4+5)[7] crit bonus

Use panache to parry incoming attack:
    (1d20+6)[13] (includes size penalty to attempt) (Doubtful inspiration can apply to this attempt. No clear address of rules)
    if successful, riposte:
    (1d20+8)[12] rapier (no flanking bonus) (If inspiration applies here, I'll be a little sad, but it'll be a modified 14)
    (1d20+8)[20] CC (26+, x2)
    (1d4+5)[6] damage
    (1d4+5)[6] crit bonus

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Having done what she could in a short amount of time, Tillandi rushed to her companions to help out there. They would have to keep an eye out for those guards if they choose to come after them. When she arrived at the scene, she fired an icicle at the one that was flanking Kitten.

Spoiler: OOC Tillandi round 2
    Show

move: come to the fight.
    attack: fire icicle at D6: (1d20+3)[20] (ranged touch attack) for damage: (1d6+1)[7]

Spoiler: status
    Show

Tillandi Borgrem
    Female N Half-elf Cleric/Fighter, Level 2/2, Init 1, HP / , Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 7, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MC Trident +6 (1d8+2, x2)
    Silvered dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron dagger +4 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    Breastplate, Heave wooden shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 12
    Condition None

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The big Darfellan ducks as the pair of bolts whizz by the door, "I'll show how you how to play" he murmurs to the one hiding by the corner as he lashes out with the net to snare him before stepping and trying to drive the harpoon near enough through the poor thief's body!

Show

Full attack
    - ranged touch with net vs E6 peering around the corner (1d20+5)[21] (as TWF) -- if hit he is entangled
    5ft step forward and stab with the harpoon with PA: (1d8+5)[6] dam (1d8+9)[15]

Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat 5 /10
    Protection from Evil 16 /20

HP 15/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Emboldened by her companions' successes, Cordelia stands and steps just into the room drawing the wand of cure light wounds, whilst Kitten mauls the shaken theif before hopping down to the floor to corner him.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Cordelia:
    Move: Stand up
    5ft step to E5
    Standard: Draw Wand

Kitten:
    Full Attack: Bite (1d20+9)[19](1d4+1)[5] plus Trip (1d20+9)[27]
    Claw:(1d20+7)[19](1d2+1)[3]
    Claw:(1d20+7)[21][3]
    5ft step to C7

Spoiler: Cordelia
    Show

Cordelia Beck
    F NG Human Druid//Sorcerer (Psychic), Level 2, Init 2, HP 15/15, DR -, Speed 30ft
    AC 26(ranged/prone/cover)/14(prone), Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 6, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Masterwork Leather Lamellar Armour, Masterwork Heavy Darkwood Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Starting Abilities: STR13 DEX14 CON12 INT10 WIS14 CHA16, then Human +2 WIS
    1st level: Druid//Sorcerer +0 BaB, Good FORT WILL, +6sp (Human, FC)
    2nd level: Druid//Sorcerer +1 BaB, Good FORT WILL, +6sp (Human, FC)

Spoiler: Kitten
    Show

Kitten
    F NG Small Cat (White Leopard) Animal Companion, Level 2, Init 5, HP 20/20, DR -, Speed 50ft/Climb/Swim
    AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 2, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Bite +8 (1d4+1+trip, 20/x2)
    Claws x2 +6/+6 (1d2+1, 20/x2)
    (+5 Dex, +1 Size, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 21, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Condition None
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-03-31 at 05:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Map at the Beginning of Round 3 or at End of Combat
    Show

Show
    Firi'Sar steps to E6 and drops the thief in D6.
    Tillandi has to double move to get into a position to attack, so her icicle is not used this round.
    The Lotus Dragon Akula wanted to attack is dropped, so I'm assuming he wants to net someone else. His throw got the thief in G7, who is entangled. His other attack had a dice problem. I rolled 1d20+5 elsewhere and got a "20" for you - I will apply that to an AoO if anyone incurs one from him after his 5-ft step.
    Cordelia cannot go to E5 since Akula is there so I moved her to E4.
    Kitten drops another thief.

Facing superior numbers and hindered by the net, the remaining two Lotus Dragons drop their weapons and surrender.

The party pushes into the room with deadly efficiency, dropping two more Lotus Dragons and netting a third. As the defending thieves realize how badly they are outnumbered the last two standing drop their weapons. "Hold, please! We surrender!" one exclaims, holding his hands in the air as he continues. "We all carry healing potions - if you don't kill us, you can have ours without a fight!"

End of combat???

The Lotus Dragons behind the blocked door haven't appeared yet. If you intend to push forward (to save buff durations) we can continue round-by-round. Please let me know if you accept their surrender and how you wish to proceed.

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to read the combat posts of the other players. Several of you tried to move to the same squares as each other, and I was forced to try and make good estimates of your intentions. Thanks!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Firi'Sar turns to the speaker, frowning thoughtfully. He walks forward slowly, blade held down, but held. He extends his off hand, open, palm up. "Fine. Hand them over, and get out of here. You won't get a second chance. Up this ladder, and make sure we don't see you again."

Assuming they follow instructions, Firi'Sar follows them (with his rapier out) to the ladder they took to descend beneath the taxidermist's hall. If he thinks for a moment they're about to try something, he will attack without warning.

Show
    Seems like intimidate is in order, and probably unecessary in the first place. (1d20+5)[12] intimidate
    Relevant to the follow-up: (1d20+6)[13] sense motive

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"And while we're at it, where is Roblach?"
    It would be a lot easier if they knew where he went, instead of having to search every single room in that maze of rooms.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

I'm not sure what's needed to question them, but I'll take diplomacy for now. If it's something else, please do let me know.
    (1d20+5)[8]
    and also sense motive: (1d20+4)[21]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Akula drags the netted thief down to the ground and looks around, the harpoon in hand. "As they said, throw down your weapons, do you have rope to bind you?" he asks, eyes darting about looking for anything he could use to secure the surrendered thieves. He looks down at the netted one, "Where's the leader of this band of scum?"

Show

Intimidate (1d20+5)[22]

Combat Effects
    Cleave Feat 5 /10
    Protection from Evil 16 /20

HP 15/20,
    MW Klar

Condition/Effects

Spells

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Kitten, heel!" Cordelia commands as the thieves stand down. She certainly isn't going to fight to the death for no purpose, but she doesn't exactly trust the thieves either.

"Wait a moment, Firi'Sar! If we let them go they could circle back round or fetch reinforcements. In exchange for their lives and the potions we should bind them or barricade the door until our business here is completed."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I have some good rope," Tillandi volunteered, taking it out of her backpack, "and I've been enough on ships to know some nice knots. So who's first? Or are you going to tell us where to find your boss without all this?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"I think it's necessary even if they do tell us, Tillandi," Cordelia comments impassively. "Perhaps if they're cooperative we can be gentle about it."