New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Wakanda on Disney+

News is that Ryan Coogler, director of Black Panther, has a deal to produce a series set in Wakanda for Disney+.

No information on what the series will be about, but presumably it'll be a further extension of whatever he has planned for BP2. I'm hoping for a deeper exploration of each of the five tribes, and the inter-tribal politics that must be going on while the Black Panther is punching villains.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wakanda on Disney+

I'm all in. I was totally mesmerized by the land of Wakanda and would love to see more of it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wasn't completely mesmerized by Wakanda, but I did like what we saw, and I'd love to know more.

Wakanda has several different biomes to explore--dense rainforest, high mountains, semiarid highlands and savanna--with some very distinctive cultures to match. Apart from exploring those cultures, I'd like to know if the capital city is the only city, or if they have other urban areas hidden elsewhere in their territory.

Also, I want to see their launch facilities. In Civil War, there was a brief mention of Wakandan satellites, so they have at least one launch pad.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wasn't completely mesmerized by Wakanda, but I did like what we saw, and I'd love to know more.

Wakanda has several different biomes to explore--dense rainforest, high mountains, semiarid highlands and savanna--with some very distinctive cultures to match. Apart from exploring those cultures, I'd like to know if the capital city is the only city, or if they have other urban areas hidden elsewhere in their territory.

Also, I want to see their launch facilities. In Civil War, there was a brief mention of Wakandan satellites, so they have at least one launch pad.
    It's going to be a vibranium slingshot.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Something is wrong with my brain tonight, given what this thread was next to I kept reading it as "WakandaVision".

It shouldn't be a surprise given what an unexpected success Black Panther was. A lot of different ways they could go with this. Looking forward to it.

Guaranteed the first episode will have that 1st Starbucks opening.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I hope it explains why they forgot to bring any armored battle rhinos to the fight with Thanos.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph
    Guaranteed the first episode will have that 1st Starbucks opening.
    Ha! Probably so.

Now I'm wondering if there will be a non-Wakandan character to be chaperoned around, perhaps a European or American who's rather skeptical about what this little backwater place is all about. After all, that Starbucks will probably have an outside manager to explain their procedures, etc.

Also looking forward to Shuri inventing a better coffee machine.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Put that way, I’d rather see it as an Elder Scrolls style RPG than a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I hope it explains why they forgot to bring any armored battle rhinos to the fight with Thanos.
    Second this. The lack of war rhinos was probably my biggest disappointment with Infinity War.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    Probably they were all injured or killed in the brief civil war with Killmonger, and in no shape to fight hordes of alien monstrosities.

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    Put that way, I’d rather see it as an Elder Scrolls style RPG than a TV show.
    I’m happy with the TV show. If done right, they can flesh out the politics and the lore of Wakanda, while also giving us a look at how Wakanda begins to interact with the rest of the world.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have main stories in Wakanda alternating with the new embassy in Oakland, if not locations around the globe. There are still wardogs and other agents all around the world, so while most of the show will probably take place within Wakanda, there’s the potential for international action as well.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably they were all injured or killed in the brief civil war with Killmonger, and in no shape to fight hordes of alien monstrosities.
    I prefer to think it was an intentional choice to not involve themselves. "You bipeds got yourselves into this, you get yourselves out of it." (And maybe a side dish of "A lot fewer people around wouldn't always be a bad thing...")

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hssst. Clertar. Wrong thread. You’re looking for WandaVision.

I’m kind of wondering how much of the Black Panther cast will make it into the TV show, because aren’t they still doing a Black Panther 2? That might cut in to who they can use and how much.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The WSPCA complained in universe?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard
    The WSPCA complained in universe?
    Is this in response to the rhinos, or the casting?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this in response to the rhinos, or the casting?
    Or the Aliens! ('cause, you know...the A could be for Aliens, and letting rhinos trample on them is kinda cruel...)

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Wakanda S1E1: Rhinos vs. Xenomorphs!