New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default I had a theory about the Snarl...

Okay, simply put: the Snarl isn't an entity, as is implied in the flashbacks. Rather, it's a sort of naturally-occurring logic storm, that resulted (as mentioned) from the gods being in disagreement with one another.

For instance, what happens when one god decides "elves are toymakers" and another decides "elves are archers"? What manifests in the world below? They come out as both, or neither, or in some state of indeterminance. That's fine (well, "fine") on its own, but the logical inconsistency spreads out from there. What happens when they go to war with an orc tribe? The answer depends on whether they're archers or toymakers.

Eventually, the inconsistencies piled up to a point that the gods would notice. At some point, the existence of whole groups of worshippers would be indeterminate; no worshippers, no gods. The Snarl effectively "ate" them as a result, throwing their existence into a state of uncertainty.

This still fits with everything we know about the Stickverse's gods. By giving each other authority on certain matters, they avoid any inconsistencies that might result in another Snarl. It also explains why the rifts show a planet and an ocean; these are some of the few details the gods all agreed on, and that would not be likely to be affected by many different continuities of history.

So the big question: why personify the Snarl if it isn't actually sentient? What significance would arise from it not being a living entity?

For that first question... no idea. Maybe the gods themselves aren't even aware it's not alive (it'd be a strange sort of meta for them to assume there's a higher force at work because they don't understand what's going on). Maybe they let the few mortals they told about the Snarl believe it to be alive because they expect them to be more understanding of "we're afraid of a god-killing abomination" than "we're afraid of a storm, no we mean a *really big* storm, stop laughing". Maybe they consider it alive because a pantheon is stuck in it.

For the second.. well, I'm drawing a bit of a blank on that, too. I just thought it was an interesting concept. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-02-02 at 08:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: I had a theory about the Snarl...

It's pretty late in the game to add a quantum superimposition of toymaker/archers which collapsed in some meaningful way... though interesting, I think it requires too many things to be lies to actually be true.

For one thing, it would require Thor to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how his power and quiddity work. As he puts it, something he made himself would be all yellow, and thus ephemeral. If he made toymakers and another pantheon made archers, both would be existant, shallow, and fake. Nothing metaphysical would happen just because they're both called "elves".

The interesting thing is that, apparently, forceful tussling with the threads still counts as an act of true, collaborative creation.

More importantly, if the Snarl was the natural effect of bad logic... shouldn't it be over? Once the whole first world was consumed and the gods started working together, it should have stopped being a threat and died down, no?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

If the Snarl isn't a big monster, what killed Mijung?
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Rather, it's a sort of naturally-occurring logic storm, that resulted (as mentioned) from the gods being in disagreement with one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    A Logic Probe?

(I know ... I was trying to get "Logic Bomb" in there, but couldn't make it fit...)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by RochtheCrusher View Post
    It's pretty late in the game to add a quantum superimposition of toymaker/archers which collapsed in some meaningful way... though interesting, I think it requires too many things to be lies to actually be true.

For one thing, it would require Thor to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how his power and quiddity work. As he puts it, something he made himself would be all yellow, and thus ephemeral. If he made toymakers and another pantheon made archers, both would be existant, shallow, and fake. Nothing metaphysical would happen just because they're both called "elves".
    I mean, that *was* the dumbed-three-levels-down version. Thor doesn't have to misunderstand it, the audience just has to misunderstand Thor's explanation of it.

The interesting thing is that, apparently, forceful tussling with the threads still counts as an act of true, collaborative creation.

More importantly, if the Snarl was the natural effect of bad logic... shouldn't it be over? Once the whole first world was consumed and the gods started working together, it should have stopped being a threat and died down, no?
    Not really. The gods still created something in conjunction, which could theoretically exist in some form without them. They can avoid making the Snarl worse, but they can't fix it.

The same thing that (nearly?) killed Laurin: studying the rift. By trying to seek detail beyond the consensus of the gods, she opened made herself partially dependent on the results of too many uncertainties, some of which would be fatal.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

6. - Top - End - #6

Lizardfolk

If extra info about the Snarl like this was to be revealed, Thor would've been the Expositor. Instead, we found out that the Snarl works exactly as Shojo described (god-killing entity wrought from chaotic bickering), but with additional information (Stickverse isn't Universe MKII, Snarl is made of four quiddities, this makes the Dark One important) that drives the story forward (Durkon's mission, Redcloak's plan being revealed, so forth). Finding out that the Snarl doesn't work that way but in a sort of too-many-mods-crashes-the-game scenario would be a step in the wrong direction, because 'the Snarl kills worlds' and 'the Snarl is made of continuity errors and bugs worlds out of existence' isn't a narratively interesting distinction.
    What information we get on the planet in the rift might flip the table. It won't make the table into a credenza.

7. - Top - End - #7

Yeah this theory doesn't really work. Thor's description of the Snarl was pretty specific that it's an entity that has physically destroyed the world on a near infinite number of occasions, not a concept, and we saw it reach out of the rift and attack people in the present day, not as part of a story told by others.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The same thing that (nearly?) killed Laurin: studying the rift. By trying to seek detail beyond the consensus of the gods, she opened made herself partially dependent on the results of too many uncertainties, some of which would be fatal.
    And that took on the appearance of a big claw reaching out from the rift and stabbing her? I don't find that particularly plausible.

Also, when the Snarl attacked Laurin it also stabbed one of her soldiers. Was he also studying the rift?
    Last edited by InvisibleBison; 2021-02-03 at 07:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

And that took on the appearance of a big claw reaching out from the rift and stabbing her? I don't find that particularly plausible.
    That happened in a crayon flashback, which implies some degree of unreliability and stylization.

Also, when the Snarl attacked Laurin it also stabbed one of her soldiers. Was he also studying the rift?
    Maybe, but probably not. Not that it would matter; if Laurin's study pulled a part of it out through the rift, there'd doubtless be effects on the immediate surroundings.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

That happened in a crayon flashback, which implies some degree of unreliability and stylization.
    Okay, so let's review the sequence of transmission. First, Soon saw what happened to Mijung. Then, he told Shojo about it. Then, Shojo told the Order. Where's the unreliability?

Maybe, but probably not. Not that it would matter; if Laurin's study pulled a part of it out through the rift, there'd doubtless be effects on the immediate surroundings.
    Pulled what out of the rift? I thought your theory was that the Snarl was a metaphysical phenomenon, not a physical entity.

11. - Top - End - #11

Okay, so let's review the sequence of transmission. First, Soon saw what happened to Mijung. Then, he told Shojo about it. Then, Shojo told the Order. Where's the unreliability?
    Soon saw something come out of the rift; if it's the Snarl, as seen when Laurin looks in a rift later, the mere fact that we see visible claws (as opposed to blue-purple-magenta energy tendril-things) implies that he might not quite have understood what it was and filled in a few of the details.

Pulled what out of the rift? I thought your theory was that the Snarl was a metaphysical phenomenon, not a physical entity.
    I didn't say it wasn't physical, or didn't have physical manifestations, just that it wasn't alive. It can't think or feel, can't hold a grudge, and can't be malicious. Less Cthulu and more hurricane, essentially.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-02-04 at 09:31 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So the big question: why personify the Snarl if it isn't actually sentient?

Because the gods where actually there and saw it becoming alive...?

What significance would arise from it not being a living entity?

Hey, it's your theory, you should be the one to come up with a reason why it should work your way instead of the way we've been told!

For that first question... no idea. [...]

For the second.. well, I'm drawing a bit of a blank on that, too.

Wait what?

I didn't say it wasn't physical, or didn't have physical manifestations, just that it wasn't alive. It can't think or feel, can't hold a grudge, and can't be malicious. Less Cthulu and more hurricane, essentially.

So you are contradicting things that were explicitly stated in comic? But you don't have any reasoning other than "maybe perhaps" and can't even formulate a coherent way it could work within the story? Cool theory, bro.
    The difference between Mace Windu and Miko Miyazaki:

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    It's one thing to take on a Sith Lord outside the law; bisecting an unarmed octogenarian is a little different.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Another problem with this theory that occurred to me recently: Thor says that his disagreeing with the Dark One could create a two-colored Snarl. That doesn't seem to be reconcilable with this theory.

14. - Top - End - #14

HalflingRogueGuy

I love this hypothesis. It’s absolutely sublime.

In our universe, Schrödinger's cat is (roughly) “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the uncertainty collapses into one of those two states”.

Instead in the hypothetical universe you describe, Schrödinger's cat is “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the the uncertainty leaps out and kills you.”

Its a wonderful and original idea, and I commend you.
    Last edited by Dion; 2021-02-07 at 02:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

So a literal paradox ala Mage the Ascension sort of thing?

It's possible, all those previous worlds efforts to contain it leading to the latest version.

Ever thought the Snarl also evolved as they did this?

Are we dealing with the Matter and Anti-Matter Universe sort of deal?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

While I believe the comic is going to reveal a Snarl which has become a be4ng analogous to an in-character DM, I kind of like the idea of a mindless logic storm tearing apart any illogical constructs it encounters.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires have all been described by their victims as alive and guided by a purpose. Even a tame fire in a fireplace can give the impression of vitality.

The gods, faced with the Astral Plane version of a tornado, may well have assumed that random variations in a pattern indicated purpose.

And the world in the rift? Sometimes a wildfire or tornado will tear through an area and leave one house standing while destroying the rest of the neighborhood. Does this indicate intelligence?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

In our universe, Schroedinger's cat is (roughly) “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the uncertainty collapses into one of those two states”.

Instead in the hypothetical universe you describe, Schroedinger's cat is “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the the uncertainty leaps out and kills you.”

Note that probably no scientist ever subscribed to the view "Schroedinger's cat is both dead and alive". Schroedinger created the thought experiment not as teaching example but to point out what seemed to him an absurdity in Copenhagen interpretation. Bohr (one of the man proponents of the Copenhagen interpretation) stated that measurement and wavefunction collapse would happen long before the box is opened.

Quantum effects are real and may be used for things which would affect everyday life but observing a quantum superposition of a whole biological organism doesn't seem to be an option with the currently available materials, energies and space.

And while some of the fiction using the "Schroedinger's cat" understanding of QM is interesting most of it fails to be self-consistent. And the OP's theory does seem to have much more in common with the logic bomb or indeed a game collapsing under incompatible modifications than with QM even as it is understood in popular culture.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 2021-02-08 at 02:33 PM. Reason: unzalgoed the Schroedinger

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    What information we get on the planet in the rift might flip the table. It won't make the table into a credenza.
    Well played, with the furniture anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    I kind of like the idea of a mindless logic storm tearing apart any illogical constructs it encounters.
    Which would collapse any D&D-based world long before the strip started. The snarl is much closer to elemental chaos than any of the things you mentioned, in that the gods in the three pantheons had to impose order (the world) on chaos (the snarl) for there to be a world to live in and on.

Rinse and repeat, since rust never sleeps, and apparently neither does the snarl.

(See also Moorcock's stories on the constant struggle between Law and Chaos; it's the underpinning of both the Elric books and a few of his other Eternal Champion cycle books).
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

In our universe, Schrödinger's cat is (roughly) “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the uncertainty collapses into one of those two states”.

Instead in the hypothetical universe you describe, Schrödinger's cat is “while the box is closed, the cat is simultaneously both dead and alive; but when you open the box the the uncertainty leaps out and kills you.”

Thank you. I thought it was interesting enough to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    So a literal paradox ala Mage the Ascension sort of thing?

It's possible, all those previous worlds efforts to contain it leading to the latest version.

Ever thought the Snarl also evolved as they did this?

Are we dealing with the Matter and Anti-Matter Universe sort of deal?
    I don't know too much about Mage: the Ascension, but from what the wiki tells me, not quite. The problem is more inherent to trying to mesh together different sets of contrasictory rules, as opposed to Mage's Paradox, which is more an enforcement to the rules a Mage tries to bend.

I don't think the Snarl has or will evolve, for most of the same reasons tornados don't. About all that might have happened is that the Snarl might have gotten bigger with each world in sucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    While I believe the comic is going to reveal a Snarl which has become a be4ng analogous to an in-character DM, I kind of like the idea of a mindless logic storm tearing apart any illogical constructs it encounters.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires have all been described by their victims as alive and guided by a purpose. Even a tame fire in a fireplace can give the impression of vitality.

The gods, faced with the Astral Plane version of a tornado, may well have assumed that random variations in a pattern indicated purpose.

And the world in the rift? Sometimes a wildfire or tornado will tear through an area and leave one house standing while destroying the rest of the neighborhood. Does this indicate intelligence?
    I was going to object, on the grounds that each given world was explicitly destroyed by the gods, but then it occurred to me that, out of millions of worlds, the gods must've had a few near misses where the Snarl got to them before the gods could pull the plug, and of those, one that got consumed without being destroyed might be possible.

That just leaves the question of how it remained untouched all this time, as opposed to eventually drifting into something that would destroy it. But if it really is just the broad strokes of the world, that could be any world, including the one immediately prior to this one.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #20

I was going to object, on the grounds that each given world was explicitly destroyed by the gods, but then it occurred to me that, out of millions of worlds, the gods must've had a few near misses where the Snarl got to them before the gods could pull the plug, and of those, one that got consumed without being destroyed might be possible.
    Aside from the first world which was destroyed completely by the Snarl according to Shojo's story, Thor explicitly says some worlds were destroyed by the Snarl before they could destroy it and save the souls.

21. - Top - End - #21

Thor was also surprised to learn there was a planet in the rift, further torpedoing this theory.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I will throw out this theory, since we dropping them, and propose something completely wild, but bear with:

the snarl is essentially a divine version of Darth Nihlious from the second Knights of the old Republic. It was created through the bickering of the gods in making the first world, and so became an entity that exists because of bickering and conflict. That leads to destruction, when the snarl destroyed the world after killing some Gods, because it had the contained essence of the Gods bickering over making the world, so being like Armus in TNG's Skin of Evil. After it wrecked the world, it had the bickering and destruction, which defines its existence or has at that point. So it must continue that work to survive.

Darth Nihlious has to feed on sentient life or Force life or whatever to continue His/Its existence in the story. Without then, Nihlious is impied to not be able to exist anymore. So how it goes with the Snarl, it must continuing feeding on the worlds because of how and why it was created. It also contains another element, that should explain the planet in the rift.

The snarl was made by the bickering and conflict in making a world by the Gods. That Gods' driven impulse of creating a world must certainly therefore exist and be present within the core of the snarl's being as well. It has been filtered partially through the bickering and conflict that lead to its creation. So the snarl destroys the world's in order to create new ones to fulfill its divine impulse while it also has internal conflict and bickering due to being created by that process -- the Gods bickering.

So, as the snarl consumed more worlds made by the Gods, it has absorbed more of the Gods agreement and working togetherness from the Gods doing that with each new world. That has been fundamentally changed the snarl along the way, but it has its bickering core to it, so it defended the new world (The rift world the snarl created) as a result of its own creation by bickerings of the Gods. The snarl might be trapped in not being able to change its nature from being the result of divine bickering and conflict, and so it has to follow that imperative, which it doesn't want to do. It may even have been making worlds as a way of fixing itself of the Gods's conflict, but needs the divine material from the other gods to order to shore that up, since it ended up killing one set of gods and it only, by its nature perhaps has only that one, since the strands of the world separated apart after the snarl destroyed the first world.

The snarl may actually desire to end its tortured existence and being unable to do so because it is a divine god being of its own, it is doing the next closest thing, and using the material of the destroyed worlds from the Gods material to make attempts at suicide or at freeing itself for only temporary moments of its own existence. But each amount of divine energy fades, forcing the snarl to devour more.

It still hates the Gods, since it was a divine hate, so perhaps the snarl cannot make itself tell the Gods that it may seek to terminate itself because it cannot self terminate, something it may have learned about only after killing the gods it did and the first world. So, it must attempt what it little knows, which has been bickering and conflict from the Gods when they made the first world. the snarl actually wants to go out. Also note that the dark one is purple and the snarl has usually been depicted with purple as a key part of it, alongside red and blue I think. so the snarl might be able to use the dark one to end its own insufferable existence and finally self terminate.

Assuming that the Snarl wants that and has been driving towards that goal. I think being in the Snarl's position as a way, that I might seek that, to self terminate.

So, yeah. It is a pretty big bit of crazy and who knows, but feel free to comment on my degree of insanity and crazy with this
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

While I admire the original thinking of the OP, this theory has two big weaknesses:

(A) The Snarl seems to persist very nicely beyond the annihilation of any world containing those contradictions. After a few hundred attempts, surely the gods would figure out how to weaken the Snarl, by empirically finding world building paths of less contradiction.

(B) This idea is philosophically interesting, but dramatically barren. Rich is telling a certain kind of tale. IMHO the Snarl as a real creature helps reinforce the kind of tale I believe Rich is shooting for. So while logically it is probably possible for this tale to conclude with a non-creature Snarl, there is really not advantage here, and quite a few downsides.

The biggest downside: While it is not logically disallowed for Thor to be so confused as to be wildly misleading in his conversation with Durkon, going there would completely suck from the drama point of view. How the heck can anyone clarify any of this to the Readers? If the beliefs of gods are discounted, we need a more reliable authority than the "mere" divine. The Snarl might be such an authority, except as not a creature that path would not be open.

600 strips ago, Rich could have said "oh, let me tack this story to the direction that the Snarl is not even a creature!" At this point, there are too many apparent inconsistencies which are outright insolvable in anything but a very slovenly manner.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

d20 Re: I had a theory about the Snarl...

<Keep in mind that what people believe, to some degree, becomes reality. Thor said himself that his hair color changed by people believing that he was a blonde.>
    <Likewise I believe that if the Snarl was not alive, and enough of the gods believed that it was alive, that would make it alive.>
    <Speaking of I decided to re-read through the series, and in 80 we are introduced to Banjo the clown, and in 137 he applies for godhood in the pantheon of the Asgard, yet he is turned away by the priest. Might Banjo represent a new color of godhood to help trap the Snarl?>

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

My theory is that the snarl does not actually destroy what it grabs, but brings them into an alternate reality where they continue to exist. At first, the alternate reality was barren, but over time it formed the planet, large areas of water, and other stable structures.
    I think Serini has observed this since she has been back at the northern gates, and that is why she does not want the final gate destroyed. She realizes that the rifts are actually entries into an alternate dimension that she wishes to preserve.
    In other words, I think Srini knows more about the snarl then the OOTS or any of the gods!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMarco View Post
    <Keep in mind that what people believe, to some degree, becomes reality. Thor said himself that his hair color changed by people believing that he was a blonde.>
    <Likewise I believe that if the Snarl was not alive, and enough of the gods believed that it was alive, that would make it alive.>
    I think this might work in only one direction. Material belief affects divine beings, but not the other way. And the Snarl with four quiddity is the most solidly material thing around. What they really need to do is get the Snarl to believe that the gods are invincible to it and then they will be.

Only works if it's alive though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasMarco View Post
    <Speaking of I decided to re-read through the series, and in 80 we are introduced to Banjo the clown, and in 137 he applies for godhood in the pantheon of the Asgard, yet he is turned away by the priest. Might Banjo represent a new color of godhood to help trap the Snarl?>
    Yes, but it will be an extra two quiddity for the price of one because his color is polka dot.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally, I think the Snarl is more about Chaos and Order. Everything that made it has caused it to be a creature of chaos and it, having been originally designed to be an orderly realm of existence, has confused it. It can't keep up with the inconsistencies between what it is and what it should've been. Therefore every time a new world is created, it can't rationalize why it isn't ordered the way it was meant to be ordered. Over millions of years, it has found the core tenets of what should exist. As you said, it can only find that a planet, an ocean, continents, and poles of ice are the only consistencies within itself.

It wants to be organized like a ball of yarn, not a mass of intersecting threads. The gods never fix the core problem, they just remake the world using the loose threads, leaving a tangle in the center. However, it's a snarl, it can't rearrange itself and, like a wounded animal, it wont let the gods close enough to fix it.
    Last edited by Thecommander236; 2021-03-25 at 01:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

For instance, what happens when one god decides "elves are toymakers" and another decides "elves are archers"? What manifests in the world below?
    Archers make corpses.
    Toymakers make toys (mostly for children).
    Archers and Toymakers are one and the same.
    Therefore corpses are toys.

Clearly the world below has lots of children with necromantic powers.

Conclusion: Xykon is from the first world.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2021-03-25 at 01:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

My question with things like this is "cool, but what exactly does it actually add to the story?" Going "you thought it was this, but it was actually this" doesn't inherently improve things, not if the change doesn't meaningfully affect anything that actually has to happen in the story. And as far as I can tell, this theory doesn't provide a way or reason at all. It's just sort of an unnecessary change for its own sake.
    I'd just like to point out that saying that something unsupported is the case unless someone else can prove that it is not is an utter failure of logic. - Kish

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I definetly get the feeling that the Snarl hates chaos to a fault, and that's the reason why the world within seems to be completely devoid of life. I think it would also make the Snarl be a good foil to the general absurdist comedy rules OOTS operates under, so basically you have a world which is born out of chaos and disagreement versus a being who hates all of those things and wants to instate lifeless order.
    Last edited by ebarde; 2021-03-25 at 04:40 PM.