New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DataNinja's Scintillating Digital Random Banter #231

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wookie
    Wookiee. Two E's.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Wookiee. Two E's.
    Autocorrect, you have failed me for the last time.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

You ever play that game where you take a line from star wars and replace a word with "pants?"

Things like "I find your lack of pants disturbing" are easy but honestly, I find the more obscure lines to be more amusing when so altered.

Honestly, some of them are just asking for it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You ever play that game where you take a line from star wars and replace a word with "pants?"

Things like "I find your lack of pants disturbing" are easy but honestly, I find the more obscure lines to be more amusing when so altered.

Like when Obi-Wan Kenobi said
    “In my experience there is no such thing as pants.”?

Yeah. But we used to plqy it with different words. Still, pants is fun.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes people ask me, "how do you make any profit not remember a joke you've told before?" The answer is simple : volume

That's okay, a year or three back a poster told a story on a thread, some months later, not quite word for word, he told the same story, on the same long lasting thread.
    It happens.
    Lately I've been saying some old memories are "clearer than yesterday", 'cause yesterday is kinda murky.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's a good thing that I didn't resolve not to start more than one new Warhammer army this year, because I'm going to have 3 new ones by the end of March.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Well, it's a good thing that I didn't resolve not to start more than one new Warhammer army this year, because I'm going to have 3 new ones by the end of March.
    Ah, you need to not take your eyes off them, else they'll multiply.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ah, you need to not take your eyes off them, else they'll multiply.
    That would certainly make getting an entire chapter of Space marines (1,000) and eventually maybe an entire legion significantly easier.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

The daughters have met the son and are suitably enamored with their new sibling. Now if they would just go to sleep on time. I also wish they would easy proper meals, but that is a battle we lose more than we win.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2021-02-05 at 11:17 PM. Reason: dang autocowreck
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    The daughters have met the son and are suitably enamored with their new sibling. Now if they would just go to sleep on time. I also wish they would easy proper meals, but that is a battle we loose mos than we win.
    Well, that's what you get when you're a Barbarian Horde instead of a disciplined military regiment ain't it?

A while back, Lifetime had a 16-minute mini-movie wherein Mario Lopez played a young Harland Sanders(You know, The Colonel?) working as a private cook for a rich lady, having an affair with the rich lady's daughter, and surviving a kidnapping and attempted murder.

It's basically just an extended KFC commercial in the form of an English language telenovela and it does not take itself the least bit seriously.

I have no idea why Lifetime and KFC collaborated on this, but after it aired it was uploaded in its entirety to be legally watched on the Lifetime Youtube channel and it's fricking hilarious.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Appreciate it!

And having seen that movie... Oh, it's bad. But if you can get past the first fifteen minutes then it's not too much different than a lot of other sci-fi at the time.
    But is it as weird as the Star Wars / Muppet crossover episode?

Did you know that Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker's cousin?
    Last edited by Sermil; 2021-02-06 at 01:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    Like when Obi-Wan Kenobi said
    “In my experience there is no such thing as pants.”?

Yeah. But we used to plqy it with different words. Still, pants is fun.
    "... and that is why Obi-Wan Kenobi is a wanted man in over a dozen systems."

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    "... and that is why Obi-Wan Kenobi is a wanted man in over a dozen systems."
    That and, you know, being part of an order of weirdos that indoctrinates children into behaviors that can really screw up those children in some cases.

Fun fact: A few years ago some psychologists for funzies watched all the prequels, took notes on Anakin's behavior, and diagnosed him with Borderline Personality Disorder, which is usually caused by trauma or abuse in childhood... And Anakin was not suffering from it as a slave-child on Tatooine, meaning he can only have gotten it after joining the Jedi Order.

And the prequels, as well as the Clone Wars, establish that Anakin was at the very least mismanaged and that there was a barrier in communication: Anakin went to Yoda with his concerns that someone he knew might die and there was nothing he could do to stop it, and Yoda told Anakin exactly what he needed to here... But not in a way that Anakin could understand.

Makes you wonder just how many fallen Jedi fell becuase the Order's policies in regard to training and teaching the philosophy of emotional control and detachment didn't work for that person so you just had someone who had no idea how to deal with their feelings keeping them all bottled up till something broke.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Makes you wonder just how many fallen Jedi fell becuase the Order's policies in regard to training and teaching the philosophy of emotional control and detachment didn't work for that person so you just had someone who had no idea how to deal with their feelings keeping them all bottled up till something broke.
    I mean that lines up with how I prefer to think of the Star Wars universe, which is influenced by the Kotor 1 & 2. the Jedi and the Sith are two philosophies who are way too reliant on the force to solve their problems. summed with the last lines of their codes:
    Spoiler: Kotor 1 and 2
    Show

Jedi: "There is no Death. There is the Force"
    Sith: "The Force shall free me"

The Jedi use the Force's interconnected as a way to stop caring about people dying, using the Force as some higher order to appeal to. the Sith use the Force as tool for their power and break from everything they don't like. The latter code of course, results in nothing but self-destructive cycles of Sith rising and falling in sudden bursts whenever Jedi go through hard times, often triggered by some war that threatens the survival of the Republic, causing Jedi to experience wars horrors which even Jedi teachings can't seem to defend entirely against, which leads them to turning to the only other code they know of.

The Jedi themselves while more stable and long-lasting as an organization....well they either fall into the kind of people where the training works and they live to be old masters or it doesn't and they become young brittle imitations of those that teach with the old masters not really understanding why the student is having problems because they themselves never had these problems when they were young. such as Bastila who while good, clearly was just repeating much of the jedi teachings just because they were taught to her, not because they worked for her, since she admits she finds holding to the teachings difficult. basically whenever a Jedi tries to be unattached but becomes off as arrogant or negative, its a sure sign that its not working and that they're on the path to the Dark Side.

Kreia while the villain of Kotor 2 does make good points: a Jedi without the force is basically nothing. both orders pretty much ask you to throw your life away to become a forcer user full time, neither one allowing you a life outside of that, making one define themselves entirely by the Force. she points out that the Sith's philosophy only causes random needless cruelty and violence without direction or purpose. The Jedi's philosophy while noble can be twisted into making you become a hollow shell for the greater good (which is what the Jedi Council literally did to Revan: wiped his entire memory all on a gambit to hopefully trick him into finding his super-weapon to stop him. kinda sketch) and its clear this fail for some and make the Jedi who do live to be old masters overly cautious when action is needed.

On the other hand, Kreia argues that compassion is bad because people should fight their own battles and that by helping them your weakening them, not too sure about that particular bit of her philosophy. On one hand I can understand what is she is saying: if you say, solve something for someone that denies the opportunity to grow from solving it themselves and taking a step to being a capable person without you. but at the same time there are problems that you can't really solve without help and situations that are so unfair there is no way you get stronger from them. she advocates for a very grey, pragmatic and efficient approach to life, saying that you shouldn't rely too much on outside sources of power, that no one code is applicable to everything, and that not every battle is yours to fight..... the last of which would be great advice if I wasn't a hero going around changing things everywhere with the power to do something about this or that. I would've loved to see her and Jolee Bindo go at it philosophically, as he is the only jedi that advocated love as a good thing, didn't see the force choosing someone for a great destiny as all that special (he has a particular story as to why, that is kinda funny) and stayed light side despite being a "grey jedi" and a cantankerous old man. thing is they could met as they lived in the same time period, its almost a shame they never spoke to each other on screen.

Another flaw of her philosophy is that Kreia hates the Force of course, and thus wants it to die and no one knows what would happen to life if the Force died. She might've been setting the galaxy free from its fate-like influence. She might've been causing the galaxies death itself. We'll never know.

But Kotors 1 and 2 really do show how flawed both the Jedi and the Sith really are as philosophies. while the Jedi are better than Sith, they're not exactly the best they could be. And a lot of comes down to the fact that the Jedi are a bunch of monks living in a highly controlled existence that breaks down the moment the Jedi go fight in a war or experiences something they don't see coming. their stoic philosophy basically makes them stable and longer-lasting but brittle if you figure out the right way to pressure them.

But aside from that, concerning Anakin specifically, in hindsight freeing a slave from a desert planet only for the Jedi with a maverick nature who freed him to die while Anakin is recruited into an order with very little freedom in how you can act, where you must refer to your superiors as "master" thus constantly reminding him of his days as a slave while constantly telling him all feelings are bad, do as your told, all so he can fulfill a predefined role for the galaxy without any say in the matter, was a bad idea.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I mean that lines up with how I prefer to think of the Star Wars universe, which is influenced by the Kotor 1 & 2. the Jedi and the Sith are two philosophies who are way too reliant on the force to solve their problems. summed with the last lines of their codes:
    Show

The Jedi use the Force's interconnected as a way to stop caring about people dying, using the Force as some higher order to appeal to. the Sith use the Force as tool for their power and break from everything they don't like. The latter code of course, results in nothing but self-destructive cycles of Sith rising and falling in sudden bursts whenever Jedi go through hard times, often triggered by some war that threatens the survival of the Republic, causing Jedi to experience wars horrors which even Jedi teachings can't seem to defend entirely against, which leads them to turning to the only other code they know of.

The Jedi themselves while more stable and long-lasting as an organization....well they either fall into the kind of people where the training works and they live to be old masters or it doesn't and they become young brittle imitations of those that teach with the old masters not really understanding why the student is having problems because they themselves never had these problems when they were young. such as Bastila who while good, clearly was just repeating much of the jedi teachings just because they were taught to her, not because they worked for her, since she admits she finds holding to the teachings difficult. basically whenever a Jedi tries to be unattached but becomes off as arrogant or negative, its a sure sign that its not working and that they're on the path to the Dark Side.

Kreia while the villain of Kotor 2 does make good points: a Jedi without the force is basically nothing. both orders pretty much ask you to throw your life away to become a forcer user full time, neither one allowing you a life outside of that, making one define themselves entirely by the Force. she points out that the Sith's philosophy only causes random needless cruelty and violence without direction or purpose. The Jedi's philosophy while noble can be twisted into making you become a hollow shell for the greater good (which is what the Jedi Council literally did to Revan: wiped his entire memory all on a gambit to hopefully trick him into finding his super-weapon to stop him. kinda sketch) and its clear this fail for some and make the Jedi who do live to be old masters overly cautious when action is needed.

On the other hand, Kreia argues that compassion is bad because people should fight their own battles and that by helping them your weakening them, not too sure about that particular bit of her philosophy. On one hand I can understand what is she is saying: if you say, solve something for someone that denies the opportunity to grow from solving it themselves and taking a step to being a capable person without you. but at the same time there are problems that you can't really solve without help and situations that are so unfair there is no way you get stronger from them. she advocates for a very grey, pragmatic and efficient approach to life, saying that you shouldn't rely too much on outside sources of power, that no one code is applicable to everything, and that not every battle is yours to fight..... the last of which would be great advice if I wasn't a hero going around changing things everywhere with the power to do something about this or that. I would've loved to see her and Jolee Bindo go at it philosophically, as he is the only jedi that advocated love as a good thing, didn't see the force choosing someone for a great destiny as all that special (he has a particular story as to why, that is kinda funny) and stayed light side despite being a "grey jedi" and a cantankerous old man. thing is they could met as they lived in the same time period, its almost a shame they never spoke to each other on screen.

Another flaw of her philosophy is that Kreia hates the Force of course, and thus wants it to die and no one knows what would happen to life if the Force died. She might've been setting the galaxy free from its fate-like influence. She might've been causing the galaxies death itself. We'll never know.

But Kotors 1 and 2 really do show how flawed both the Jedi and the Sith really are as philosophies. while the Jedi are better than Sith, they're not exactly the best they could be. And a lot of comes down to the fact that the Jedi are a bunch of monks living in a highly controlled existence that breaks down the moment the Jedi go fight in a war or experiences something they don't see coming. their stoic philosophy basically makes them stable and longer-lasting but brittle if you figure out the right way to pressure them.

But aside from that, concerning Anakin specifically, in hindsight freeing a slave from a desert planet only for the Jedi with a maverick nature who freed him to die while Anakin is recruited into an order with very little freedom in how you can act, where you must refer to your superiors as "master" thus constantly reminding him of his days as a slave while constantly telling him all feelings are bad, do as your told, all so he can fulfill a predefined role for the galaxy without any say in the matter, was a bad idea.
    I do think the Jedi have a good point in promoting emotional detachment considering the power and responsibility they wield. I got the impression that often Jedi fall to the dark side as a result of extreme emotional distress and being poorly equipped to handle that and emotional detachment is meant as a safeguard against that. That, and Jedi are supposed to be impartial when solving disputes. But they do seem to forget that Jedi are still people and take the emotional detachment too far.

What I got from Kotor 2 is that the Jedi, whilst well meaning and largely a force for good, had also grown complacent, arrogant and detached from the larger world around them. Their detachment is reflected in their decision to sit out the Mandalorian wars as they seem more concerned with safeguarding their philosophy against some kind of nebulous threat from the dark side than with the fact that millions of people are dying in a brutal war and the republic is crumbling. Their arrogance is a well meaning sort of arrogance, i.e. they always think they know what is best. That arrogance is reflected in their apparent inability to consider that if they had gone to war and supported Revan, then maybe all those Jedi wouldn't have fallen to the dark side. You'd still have a lot of Jedi with PTSD, traumatized by the conflict of course, but at least they'd still have their order to fall back on for support.

The Jedi order would really benefit from having some psychologists and emotional counselors on staff.

I'm not really familiar with a lot of the other star wars materials, though, so maybe what I wrote doesn't line up with that. The above is just what I got from Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 specifically.

16. - Top - End - #106

Show

Yeah, the Jedi meant well and Anakin needed to be taught how to use the Force just so he was aware of the risks of misusing his power, and but... I think that Obi-0Wan tried, or good Lord dd he try, but I think Qui-Gon's approach would have been better for Anakin. Qui-Gon's not as hung up on the strict rules and Liam Neason fought hard for that single moment of Qui-Gon giving Shmi that one brief moment of positive human contact. Lucas said that's not how a Jedi would behave in that situation but Neason felt that it was needed and that it made sense with Qui-Gon's rogue nature.

A thing I want to do someday, I think I've mentioned this before, of Darth Imperius, the (apparently canonically Light Sider) Sith Inquisitor from The Old Republic ending up in the "modern" day of the franchise just because "They use the Dark Side but they're not Dark Siders. How?" would screw with people's heads.

But I think that Tatooine during the early part of Phantom Menace makes the best "insertion point" becuase "former slave who escaped from it by chance only to find themselves trapped by circumstances over and over again only for them outsmart and/or overpower their oppressors all while rapidly accumulating power and using it to help others whenever possible" might be a decent enough role model for the ridiculously powerful slave boy.

Imperius despite being a Sith and a member of the Dark Council is more of a Grey Jedi than a Sith in terms of what they believe and what they do: They Use Both Sides of the Force and, for some reason, can use the Dark Side safely. They follow a philosophy that's somewhere... In between the Sith's cultivation of Power for the sake of freedom and the Jedi's pursuit of peace, best explemefied on if they have a good relationship with Ashara without Ashara falling to the Darkside: She says that because of your tutelage, she finds herself balanced: She has inner peace, like the Jedi, but also feels free like the Sith.

Dialog with Asahara also clarified that Imperius knows the Jedi's code and has respect for it... But not the Jedi themselves. Becuase the Jedi in the time of the Old Republic put their own peace above peace for the Galaxy and seem to cast out anyone who wants to take a more active stance in the War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire. The very fact that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were involved in an attempt to mediate a trade dispute in hopes of preventing war would give Imperius a good impression of "Modern Jedi."

The problem is more "how do I justify Imperius being there" and "do I really want to watch Phantom Menance again to make sure I get the details right?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

My mother has a couple of dogs. They're very friendly; one of them frequently tries, and terrifyingly fails, to imitate a human smile when he gets excited.

That face he makes, combined with his simultaneous tendency to run up to people excitedly, means he might be good at scaring off burglars purely be accident (though I wouldn't count on it)
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Do, or do not. There is no pants.

I have a bad feeling about pants.

You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No pants.

UNLIMITED PANTS !

These are not the pants you're looking for.

I'm afraid this battle pants will be fully operational when your friends arrive.

You are not selling pants.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Do, or do not. There is no pants.

I have a bad feeling about pants.

You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No pants.

UNLIMITED PANTS !

These are not the pants you're looking for.

I'm afraid this battle pants will be fully operational when your friends arrive.

You are not selling pants.
    From the scene with Jabba in the special edition of A New Hope: "Han my boy, you disappoint me. Why haven’t you paid me and why did you pants poor Greedo?"

There's another line from that same scene that just fits the game perfectly, but the altered context might make it a bit too blue for this forum.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

A story about my work frustration....venting so hope you enjoy.
    Spoiler: Have fun, I didn't
    Show

scene: Work Yesterday

Gets irate customer email demanding a small product be shipped IMMEDIATELY by NEXT DAY AIR to a location about 100 miles away. And regular delivery for the cheapest options usually gets anywhere within 250 miles by the next day anyway....

Save draft email about a container's customs declaration I'm working on because the word immediate gets my attention...especially at noon on a Friday.

Give them a call...to ask if they want Saturday delivery because the service they requested is next business day....which would be Monday....
    Me: "So do you need this on Next Business Day, aka Monday, or Next Calendar Day, ya know Saturday?"
    C: "Next Day"
    Me: "Sir, Monday or Saturday, I'll waive an cost difference, just what do you need?"
    C: "The Next Day"
    Me: "Fine will there be someone to receive the package at the delivery location on Saturday?...it will probably be between 9 and noon"
    C: "Yes, think so"
    Me: "Can you make sure, these will need to be signed for?"
    C: "I'll go check"
    Me: "Great and can you confirm that they want Saturday delivery at the same time?"
    C: "Sure"
    I start reading UPS 2021 upgrade programs while I wait....
    C: "Yes"
    Me: "Er yes?, so you want it delivered Saturday and there will be someone and the (Thornberry-changed) address?"
    C: "Yes"
    Me: "Great...It will be shipped within the hour"
    an lo the invoice was charged and materials shipped as per request.

Today
    New Caller....turns out to be old callers boss...as best I can remember from about 10 minutes ago

NC: "So someone tried to deliver a package to (Thornberry) from you...why?"
    Me: "Because we got an rush call to send you guys a shipment to that address...asked for next day air...what's the issue?"
    NC: "Wait you guys are in (city 150 miles from him) why did they need next day air?"
    Me: "Ask (C)? I asked if he needed it on Monday or today and he said today."
    NC: "Why did you listen to him?!"
    Me: "Er he's on your approved agent list? also what happened to the package?"
    NC: "They should have just left it but they didn't...don't know why"
    ME: "Because it is a high value package, beyond a couple thousand they still require a signature...was there nobody to sign for it?"
    NC: "How would I know? the work site is closed on the weekends"
    ME: "Well they should be trying again on Monday"
    NC: "Can you resend it to arrive Monday?"
    ME: "Errr no...UPS will try to deliver your package again on Monday...the same one they tried to this morning"
    NC: "But I don't want that one (C) messed up the delivery, can't I get new ones?" (Note the items are fancy bits of cloth, wood, and metal....not exactly perishable items here)
    Me: "I guess I could if you want to double your order...then both sets will arrive Monday"
    NC: "But I want it tomorrow"
    Me: "UPS doesn't deliver Sunday Sir"
    NC: "You know what I mean!"
    Me: "So do you want (X, Y, Z-his order) to arrive Monday?"
    NC: "Yes and I only want to be charged once"
    Me: "Certainly Sir, I'll arrange that for you...just make sure someone will be there on monday to sign for it"
    NC: "Good , and Goodbye"

of course the package will have a second delivery attempt Monday anyway....so I have to do absolutely nothing. But now I see where (C) gets his nuttiness from.

venting here before going back to the customs declaration (because those are like doing taxes)
    Last edited by sktarq; 2021-02-06 at 02:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Stories like that make me fear for the state of the world.

They're far from the only thing that does, but it's on the list.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #112

Sounds like dealing with the customs is more fun than dealing with the customers.

23. - Top - End - #113

I can't remember the last time I ate applesauce.

I just heard the word applesauce on the TV and it occurred to me that it's been at least a year since I've eaten applesauce.

Anybody else ever have a moment like that?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can't remember the last time I ate applesauce.

I just heard the word applesauce on the TV and it occurred to me that it's been at least a year since I've eaten applesauce.

Anybody else ever have a moment like that?
    I get force fed applesauce by my children on a regular basis. The primary culprit could pass as a blonde, straight haired Merida. In other news, babies make so many interesting smells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    In other news, babies make so many interesting smells.
    Yeah, that's part of the reason I have no intent to have children.

It's mostly becuase I have no business taking care of an infant, no paternal instincts, and honestly with my family history of (sometimes severe)autism, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, allergies, and the like... Knowing what I know about my genes, it seems like it'd be cruel to roll the dice and deliberately risk inflicting that on someone, but it's partly the smells and messes.

If I ever change my mind about having children I'll be adopting for more or less the same reasons.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Sounds like dealing with the customs is more fun than dealing with the customers.
    LMAO

yes. today yes lately it certainly has been. but I very much like your phrasing.

27. - Top - End - #117

I've been binging "The SCIENCE..." whichis a series of videos published on youtube on both the Game Theorists and Shoddycast channels where a guy named Austin rants about the science(often in great detail and teaching the mathematical formulas used) behind various videogames before concluding if it was plausible or if it made no sense. All framed as a letter to the developers of the game.

I'm used to the more or less PG or lower videos on the Game Theory channel so when I watch the older ones on the Shoddycast channel and he's cussing like a sailor, it's quite jarring.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's part of the reason I have no intent to have children.

It's mostly becuase I have no business taking care of an infant, no paternal instincts, and honestly with my family history of (sometimes severe)autism, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, allergies, and the like... Knowing what I know about my genes, it seems like it'd be cruel to roll the dice and deliberately risk inflicting that on someone, but it's partly the smells and messes.

If I ever change my mind about having children I'll be adopting for more or less the same reasons.
    I have at least a handful of paternal instincts and a desire for kids someday, although for situational reason there's a good chance it'll be via adoption. On the other hand I'd be a terrible parent.

Poor hand-eye coordination is weird. I can build LEGO sets quickly, my record is roughly two hours to make the ISS*. But making one of the supercar(?) sets has reminded me that I just cannot put the stickers on straight (although I'm annoyed because while most of the details are stickers one piece has printing). Great car though, kind of wish it was the sort of thing you got at the end of a LEGO Advent Calander instead of a bunch of little things.

* I really want more real world space sets, but a lot of them are quite expensive.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"Many pants died to bring us this information."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Iterations on a scene:

Han Solo: It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial starships, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you, old man. What's the cargo?

Ben Kenobi: Only passengers. Myself, the boy, two pants, [seriously] and no questions asked.

Han Solo: What is it, some kind of local pants?

Ben Kenobi: Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial pants.

Han Solo: Well that's the real trick, isn't it? And it's gonna cost you extra. Ten pants, all in advance.

Luke Skywalker: [shocked] Ten thousand!? We could almost buy our own pants for that!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2