New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: DataNinja's Scintillating Digital Random Banter #231

I like strawberry cakes with strawberry frosting. It pisses off my brother because that means the cake is pink and "pink is for girls."

Strawberries in general are probably my favorite thing to eat, especially fresh... which is ironic because I'm technically allergic.

Used to break out in super nasty hives, but I kept sneaking them anyway and built up a tolerance to the allergen. Or something like that. (Do not try that at home!)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "pink is for girls."
    It is!

...and also for guys, and enbies, and everyone else (because goodness knows I couldn't list them all).
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

I went a pink sundress, but my skin is too light to pull it off.

I'll see if I can get a nice purple one one I've lost some weight.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    There was this untangle game that people were playing and discussing on here. It's one of those ones where multiple lines connect straight between the dots, and you have to move the dots until no line crosses another.

Everyone in the thread was discussing all this rubbish about how to solve it with complex maths. I would just pick up a dot and go "that one feels like it should go over there".

P.S. The last level was EVIL.
    That sounds hilarious, and quite fun
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it was a Flash game.

The best part about it though, is that I know no one actually solved it except me, because I kept saying that the last level was EVIL, and not a single person commented on the fact that the dots and all the lines were initially laid out on the last level to quite literally spell "EVIL".

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post

That is what millennial pink was made for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it was a Flash game.

The best part about it though, is that I know no one actually solved it except me, because I kept saying that the last level was EVIL, and not a single person commented on the fact that the dots and all the lines were initially laid out on the last level to quite literally spell "EVIL".
    I think I remember the game you are talking about. I do remember something about evil.

And flash still works for me, so I don't know why everyone is freaking out about "flash is dead!!!1!one!!11!!eleven!!!" I get that adobe has decreed that it shall die, but I am fairly certain that they cannot unilaterally change the licensing. Nor can they make people remove it from their computers. And since they haven't provided an update in about 3 years it doesn't actually change anything on a practical level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

7. - Top - End - #127

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    And flash still works for me, so I don't know why everyone is freaking out about "flash is dead!!!1!one!!11!!eleven!!!" I get that adobe has decreed that it shall die, but I am fairly certain that they cannot unilaterally change the licensing. Nor can they make people remove it from their computers.
    The browser makers can make it so their browser won't run the Flash plug-in, though, which I'm pretty sure they did, so not sure how you're actually running Flash stuff now?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post

Ooh, those both sound very nice. I approve. I need to get some more obnoxiously bright dresses sometime, but can't until the pandemic is over so I can try things on...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

And flash still works for me, so I don't know why everyone is freaking out about "flash is dead!!!1!one!!11!!eleven!!!" I get that adobe has decreed that it shall die, but I am fairly certain that they cannot unilaterally change the licensing. Nor can they make people remove it from their computers. And since they haven't provided an update in about 3 years it doesn't actually change anything on a practical level.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The browser makers can make it so their browser won't run the Flash plug-in, though, which I'm pretty sure they did, so not sure how you're actually running Flash stuff now?
    If you are a) running a very outdated browser and b) running a very outdated version of Flash, it will still work. Don't, however.

You can also download the swf file and run it locally. That's a much safer option.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #130

Is it bad that if it turned out that vampires were real my first instinct would be to try and figure out the science and mechanics behind their condition to see if there was a way to replicate the "infectious immortality" part without the downsides and ten markets the results if deemed acceptable, as a miracle drug?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Is it bad that if it turned out that vampires were real my first instinct would be to try and figure out the science and mechanics behind their condition to see if there was a way to replicate the "infectious immortality" part without the downsides
    No.
    and ten markets the results if deemed acceptable, as a miracle drug?
    Yes. At this point you are holding people's lives hostage.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Yes. At this point you are holding people's lives hostage.
    No, holding people's lives hostage would be if I had the means to kill most of the population and was blackmailing people into paying me to not use it.

Nobody is inherently entitled to my hypothetical vampire derived "makes you immortal" drug, except for anyone involved in the creation and manufacturing becuase, you know, they helped make it and are thus entitled to the fruits of their labor.

Furthermore patenting and marketing the drug would guarantee that I have a degree of control over the distribution: People could still steal it of course, but if I'm the only one who can legally make and distribute it, that means I can make sure it gets where it needs to go.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

No, holding people's lives hostage would be if I had the means to kill most of the population and was blackmailing people into paying me to not use it. Nobody is inherently entitled to my hypothetical vampire derived "makes you immortal" drug
    If somebody was hanging off a cliff and you could pull them up back to safety but would only do so once they have promised to give you money in exchange, would that not be holding their lives hostage? And if so why are they entitled to your help saving their lives in the second hypothetical but not the first?

Furthermore patenting and marketing the drug would guarantee that I have a degree of control over the distribution: People could still steal it of course, but if I'm the only one who can legally make and distribute it, that means I can make sure it gets where it needs to go.
    What would be the places it doesn't need to go?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

If you are a) running a very outdated browser and b) running a very outdated version of Flash, it will still work. Don't, however.

You can also download the swf file and run it locally. That's a much safer option.
    I am running up-to-date waterfox and flash works. I have to manually allow it on a page, which can be a problem. I am fairly certain I am running the most recent version of Flash (which is like 3 years old).

Is it bad that if it turned out that vampires were real my first instinct would be to try and figure out the science and mechanics behind their condition to see if there was a way to replicate the "infectious immortality" part without the downsides and ten markets the results if deemed acceptable, as a miracle drug?
    It depends on your methods for both studying their condition and for developing a drug based off it. If you determine that you need to boil down the blended remains of 100 vampires to get enough drug to add 1 extra year to someone's life, then it probably is evil to make. If you study vampirism by throwing people you abducted off the street into cages with vampires, then you are probably evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

And if so why are they entitled to your help saving their lives in the second hypothetical but not the first?
    Depends how costly it is to produce the drug, frankly. If saving one person leaves you unable to save any other people, it's no longer a simple scenario....

I am running up-to-date waterfox and flash works. I have to manually allow it on a page, which can be a problem. I am fairly certain I am running the most recent version of Flash (which is like 3 years old).
    Running Waterfox myself, I assure you Flash has had numerous updates over the past three years.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I like strawberry cakes with strawberry frosting. It pisses off my brother because that means the cake is pink and "pink is for girls."
    My wife is half Korean. We went to Korea shortly before getting married, visiting her family (who are all awesome). They even got me a hanbok, the traditional Korean dress. Mine is largely pink with a good bit of purple. It looks amazing.

Just in case you want your brother to know that a man wearing a men's hanbok completely rocks it in pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Depends how costly it is to produce the drug, frankly.
    Does it? In terms of pure monetary cost, any amount would be offset by the lifetime earnings of someone who gained immortality.

Frankly, that is only one reason why immortality would completely destroy the entire society we have and would eventually reshape it into something probably unrecognizable, along with completely reshaping moral values as well. It's probably just as well that we don't suddenly gain access to it.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

17. - Top - End - #137

If somebody was hanging off a cliff and you could pull them up back to safety but would only do so once they have promised to give you money in exchange, would that not be holding their lives hostage? And if so why are they entitled to your help saving their lives in the second hypothetical but not the first?
    No, it would just be being an asshat.

Here's a brief sociology lesson: You're considered a good person for saving the life of someone in that situationbecause not acting is the default. Otherwise, people who go above and beyond to save lives wouldn't be referred to as going "above and beyond." If helping was the default, they'd just be doing their job.

At worst, not saving someone if you are capable of doing so without undue cost is deviant behavior.

Unless I personally am responsible for the person falling, I am not obligated to help the person. It's not my fault they fell.

I would, becuase I am capable of basic empathy and presumably it costs nothing to save this person... But it's a bit more complicated.

It's not my fault, for example, that people get sick or die of old age. I am not obligated to make people immortal if I figure out how.

I would want to but making a drug isn't like pulling someone up off the cliff. Drugs require ingredients. They take time to manufacture, and manufacturing them would require me to either buy or lease space suitable for the construction of a laboratory. And manufacturing them on a large scale would require a hell of a lot of people who all know what they're doing.

So I'm paying for ingredients, either rent or utilities, and labor—expensive labor, becuase pharmacology degrees aren't exactly cheap.

Then there's extensive testing to prove that it's safe.

If I'm giving it away for free, eventually I'm not gonna be able to manufacture any more.

At bare minimum, I need to be selling it at cost.
    What would be the places it doesn't need to go?
    Wrong question.

It needs to go everywhere, but the poor, sick, and dying need it a lot more than a rich lady who wants to take a few years off without going under the knife.

If I'm the sole individual in charge of manufacture and distribution, I can make sure it's being sold and distributed in a way that the people who need it get first dibs.

I mean, I suppose I could also dump large quantities of it in the water, but I'd still need to be able to cover the costs of manufacturing it and I'd probably be arrested before I reached worldwide distribution becuase most places don't take kindly to dumping strange drugs in the water supply.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Does it? In terms of pure monetary cost, any amount would be offset by the lifetime earnings of someone who gained immortality.
    Only if the process is advanced to the degree that all source materials are readily producible, without which viewing "cost" purely in turns of "money" is inadequate (off the top of my head, odds are high the number of available vampires is a limiting factor on how quickly some key components can be produced)....And even then, you're looking at it wrong: the recipient gets to continue producing wealth past the point where they'd have otherwise died. There isn't a guaranteed increase in earning over time until that point; and the producer of the drug isn't getting future earnings immediately, in the rather unlikely event they get them at all.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Unless you get eternal youth and wolverine regeneration, immortality is a blight.

I dislocated my shoulder in judo at 20, it has never been the same. I burned my eyes with acid at 27, I still take drops 8 times a day. I was in two car accidents, neither my fault. My neck is kinked slightly to the side and I have to stretch it daily. I tore a quad this year mt biking, that knee hurts all the time now. Ignoring skin and lung cancer, just every day accidents are inevitable. Eventually the immortal will be a dependent on society after becoming too injured to function, but FOREVER.

20. - Top - End - #140

Just in case you want your brother to know that a man wearing a men's hanbok completely rocks it in pink.
    It's not worth it to argue with him. I don't think he's capable of realizing that other people's opinions canbe valid or that he can be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Unless you get eternal youth and wolverine regeneration, immortality is a blight.

I dislocated my shoulder in judo at 20, it has never been the same. I burned my eyes with acid at 27, I still take drops 8 times a day. I was in two car accidents, neither my fault. My neck is kinked slightly to the side and I have to stretch it daily. I tore a quad this year mt biking, that knee hurts all the time now. Ignoring skin and lung cancer, just every day accidents are inevitable. Eventually the immortal will be a dependent on society after becoming too injured to function, but FOREVER.
    Considering we're talking about immortality deliberately derived from vampires, I think it can be assumed that it's not worse than not being immortal: A drug that's worse than what it cures isn't going to sell and nobody would covet immortality f the only way to get it sucked.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141

BlackDragon

The other problem with immortality is overpopulation. If people aren't dying anymore, but children are still being born--well, it should be obvious how that's going to be an issue. So, one would realistically have to severely limit the ability of immortals to have children. A world where everyone is immortal is a world without children, and I think that's a bit sad.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Ooh, those both sound very nice. I approve. I need to get some more obnoxiously bright dresses sometime, but can't until the pandemic is over so I can try things on...
    I have some self confidence issues to do with my weight as well, but hopefully I'll have shed some by summer.

But yeah, I'd love to get a royal purple or deep pink dress, ideally paired with a dark summer jacket. But again, both weight and the current lockdown are getting in the way.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The other problem with immortality is overpopulation. If people aren't dying anymore, but children are still being born--well, it should be obvious how that's going to be an issue. So, one would realistically have to severely limit the ability of immortals to have children. A world where everyone is immortal is a world without children, and I think that's a bit sad.
    Actually, that's not strictly true.

Studies have shown that as the quality of life and average life expectancy increase, birth rates go down excepting certain outliers.

Furthermore, as is there's enough good being produced on the plant to feed everyone and methods of producing and storing food are only getting more efficient over time.

The reason people go hungry are mostly a bunch of complicated factors, most of which I don't think we're allowed to talk about here.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-02-07 at 03:04 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #144

Actually, that's not strictly true.

Studies have shown that as the quality of life and average life expectancy increase, birth rates go down excepting certain outliers.
    Why would you expect quality of life to go up necessarily?

25. - Top - End - #145

Why would you expect quality of life to go up necessarily?
    Okay, let me cite an example from fiction.

Back longer ago than I care to think about, Jacke chan produced a cartoon where a fictionalized, archaeologist version of himself was recruited by a top-secret division of Interpol to help find and protect artifacts and antiquities from an international crime syndicate, which Jackie does with the help of a composite of several of the real Chan' nieces and nephews and a completly fictional elderly uncle who is later established to be a wizard.

The first seasons involves the hunt to collect the Talisman's of Shendu, a set of twelve stone amulets modeled on the 12 Noble Animals who make up th signs of the Chinese zodiac that each bestows onto the wielder a single supernatural power. The Ox mask you strong, the rooster lets you levitate, the pig lets you shoot concentrated beams of light and heat out of your eyes. etc.

Throughout the first season, there are occasional allusions to the fact that Jackie's fiction Uncle, Uncle, is very old and is nearing the end of his life—one of his first-ever lines of dialog is to claim that he'll drop dead without regular consumption of coffee. "Caffeine is the only thing keeping Uncle's ancient heart beating. You want dead Uncle? No? Then you must make coffee!"

This comes to a head late in the season when it breaks down that the reason he's so grumpy and grouchy is becuase he's old, or rather, becuase of what being old means. He can't eat cheese anymore becuase it gums up the plumbing. His vision and hearing are going. After spending years of his life studying martial arts, and magic, and Chinese opera, and all kinds of other things that require you to be in good shape and very spry and agile, his joints are too stiff and he's too slow to do any of it. Everything hurts. He doesn't have the energy he had when he was in his prime, and all too soon he's going to take his final breath. When he admits this, he sounds genuinely depressed.

In this episode, he identifies the power of the Dog Talisman: The Dog Talisman is man's best friend, becuase it arrests the process of aging, prevents you from being killed or maimed, it compensates for the flaws of your body, and continuously replenishes youthful and vital energies. It does everything short of putting the plastic back in your skin and the color back in your hair.

In short, it's near-perfect Immortality.

Uncle cannot resist the temptation to use the Talisman's power for himself.

Immediate he's much happier than normal just becuase his worn-out joints aren't constantly aching. (He also remembers what it was like to be a child and is thus better able to related to his young great-niece, but that's a bit beside the point.)

A drug that makes you "immortal" if only in a "you won't get any older and you'll be in good health until something kills you" would improve the average quality of life becuase it would either prevent or drastically slow down the accumulation of all of the little problems that really add up when you get to be a certain age and make being old Super not fun.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146

Okay, let me cite an example from fiction.

Back longer ago than I care to think about, Jacke chan produced a cartoon where a fictionalized, archaeologist version of himself was recruited by a top-secret division of Interpol to help find and protect artifacts and antiquities from an international crime syndicate, which Jackie does with the help of a composite of several of the real Chan' nieces and nephews and a completly fictional elderly uncle who is later established to be a wizard.

The first seasons involves the hunt to collect the Talisman's of Shendu, a set of twelve stone amulets modeled on the 12 Noble Animals who make up th signs of the Chinese zodiac that each bestows onto the wielder a single supernatural power. The Ox mask you strong, the rooster lets you levitate, the pig lets you shoot concentrated beams of light and heat out of your eyes. etc.

Throughout the first season, there are occasional allusions to the fact that Jackie's fiction Uncle, Uncle, is very old and is nearing the end of his life—one of his first-ever lines of dialog is to claim that he'll drop dead without regular consumption of coffee. "Caffeine is the only thing keeping Uncle's ancient heart beating. You want dead Uncle? No? Then you must make coffee!"

This comes to a head late in the season when it breaks down that the reason he's so grumpy and grouchy is becuase he's old, or rather, becuase of what being old means. He can't eat cheese anymore becuase it gums up the plumbing. His vision and hearing are going. After spending years of his life studying martial arts, and magic, and Chinese opera, and all kinds of other things that require you to be in good shape and very spry and agile, his joints are too stiff and he's too slow to do any of it. Everything hurts. He doesn't have the energy he had when he was in his prime, and all too soon he's going to take his final breath. When he admits this, he sounds genuinely depressed.

In this episode, he identifies the power of the Dog Talisman: The Dog Talisman is man's best friend, becuase it arrests the process of aging, prevents you from being killed or maimed, it compensates for the flaws of your body, and continuously replenishes youthful and vital energies. It does everything short of putting the plastic back in your skin and the color back in your hair.

In short, it's near-perfect Immortality.

Uncle cannot resist the temptation to use the Talisman's power for himself.

Immediate he's much happier than normal just becuase his worn-out joints aren't constantly aching. (He also remembers what it was like to be a child and is thus better able to related to his young great-niece, but that's a bit beside the point.)

A drug that makes you "immortal" if only in a "you won't get any older and you'll be in good health until something kills you" would improve the average quality of life becuase it would either prevent or drastically slow down the accumulation of all of the little problems that really add up when you get to be a certain age and make being old Super not fun.
    You're assuming a lot of things about this drug. Immortality in general does not in any way indicate good health, just as it doesn't indicate eternal youth. Joints can still ache, colds can still be caught, age still comes up. And even if we do assume some sort of perfect health granted in addition to the immortality, perfectly healthy people can still have less-than-ideal lives. Poverty doesn't magically go away, squalid conditions don't suddenly become clean, and competition is even more stiff.

There's no reason whatsoever to assume that immortality will necessarily lead to quality of life improvements.

27. - Top - End - #147

You're assuming a lot of things about this drug. Immortality in general does not in any way indicate good health, just as it doesn't indicate eternal youth. Joints can still ache, colds can still be caught, age still comes up. And even if we do assume some sort of perfect health granted in addition to the immortality, perfectly healthy people can still have less-than-ideal lives. Poverty doesn't magically go away, squalid conditions don't suddenly become clean, and competition is even more stiff.

There's no reason whatsoever to assume that immortality will necessarily lead to quality of life improvements.
    Considering that the conceit of this discussion is "is it bad that if vampires were real I'd want to try ad retro engineer vampirism's benefits while minimizing downsides and if successful market the results as a miracle drug" and vampires typically do not age or suffer the consequences of already accumulated age, I feel comfortable in making that assumption.

"I now have all the time in the world and don't have to worry about my body breaking down before I can do what I want" inherently removes a great deal of stress, just as the negation of Senescence removes stress by removing unnecessary pain and progressively increased difficulty in physical tasks.

People who are less stressed sleep better, are less likely to get sick, recover more easily when they do get sick, and are less likely to suffer from depression, and are in general happier. All of which, incidentally, leads to further reduction of stress so there's a feedback loop here, and also greater productivity While it wouldn't happen to everyone, at least some people would find themselves in a much better position as a delayed effect of taking the drug.

It might be a very slight increase in individual quality of life, but distribute the drug wide enough and the small individual increase is still going to skew the average quality of life upward.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I agree with Rater about perfect health being a quality of life thing to be honest. I would much rather stay young and healthy and drop dead at 80 then live to 90 but age naturally.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with Rater about perfect health being a quality of life thing to be honest. I would much rather stay young and healthy and drop dead at 80 then live to 90 but age naturally.
    Very much agreed with this.

30. - Top - End - #150

Yeah, that's the next best thing to genuine immortality I think.

Like, humans can theoretically make it to 120ish, so let's say we keep the "peak at 25-30" and then just leave people in their prime until 120 and then they check out in their sleep sometime in the next 5-10 years after that? Much better than the current system of aging.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks