New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default DnDBeyond shakeup??

so.. today I found out that Todd Kenreck, Adam Bradford, Lauren (can't remember her surname)..and maybe another couple of people have effectively left the company or are going to leave within the next weeks.
    some of them have already announced what their future projects are going to be, others have not... all 3 of them seemed rather sad about the whole thing, which they explained as the natural sadness of ending one adventure as they head for a different one.

I am not one for conspiracy theories. In fact I dislike them profoundly.
    That said, the suddenness of these simultaneous departures is somewhat odd.
    AFAIK, there have been no warning sights, no indications that any of them were grooming successors (this of course might have been done offscreen), but mostly, what makes this odd is the closeness of these departures.
    You'd think that, as an employer, you would try to stagger the departure of most of the public faces of your company, if they were all suddenly deciding to pack up and leave...
    Unless their exit didn't come as a surprise and wasn't entirely voluntary.
    Then again, if I were being fired out of the blue, I don't think I would go make a nice cutesy video including a highlight reel of my life in the company... Company they neglected to mention or thank in their farewells (they did thank the teams they helped building, but not, unless I misremember, the company itself.. which might just be because DNDBeyond moved under a couple of different properties since their inception.

Listening to their videos today, I couldn't help thinking that they didn't seem really hyped to go out there and do even bigger things, which I would expect them to be if that's what they were doing. In a way it smelt a bit like a loyalty move that didn't pan out...like someone was getting fired over something, others pulled the "if he goes I walk"..and were shown the door...but this is absolute speculation.
    Either way, the whole thing does leave a bad taste in my mouth, if nothing else because of the proximity of their farewells.

Does anyone have any factual knowledge whether there is indeed a shakeup in the works at DnDBeyond and what the reasons therefore might be?
    Last edited by dehro; 2021-02-05 at 12:16 AM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz