New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default I very much want to get into Castles & Crusades, but I知 not sure which books I need

I plan on running my group through this system, and I really love what I致e seen so far.

Does anybody play this?

What books does a game master really need to run some new players through some games?

Also, are there any particularly good modules I can pick up?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: I very much want to get into Castles & Crusades, but I知 not sure which books I n

Main two you need are the Player's Handbook and Monsters and Treasures. The first covers the rules of the game and the second covers the opposition and rewards. Castle Keeper's Guide is more of a collection of optional rules one might use... nice to have, but not strictly necessary.

I don't have any Castles and Crusades modules, myself; I've mostly used it as a vehicle for playing old D&D modules with a more updated system.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.