New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords [The Skinsaw Murders] (IC)

R7T19.5: "I could have told you that!" Norton calls out, with a hint of annoyance. "Nobody seems to want to fall back." Norton steps back, preparing himself to strike if the flow of battle finally changes.

R7T19: Zada, what do you do?

Draegra on deck, Green in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Zada howls in grief and frustration. They'd told them to fall back! Why didn't they listen? Deciding that they can't trust their teammates to actually follow directions, Zada took it upon themselves and grabbed their teammate, bodily hauling him out of harm's way.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Because a teammate has died, I have broken my taboo, and thus for the next hour get a -2 to attack rolls, damage rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws for the next hour. Should it happen again, it will only reset the 1-hour duration, but if it happens 3 times "while the spirit inhabits" them, Zada will lose access to the form for a week. I *assume* this penalty counts regardless of which role is active and that the 'three strikes' reset when Zada does the ritual in the morning, but I'll leave the specifics up to you. It sucks that I'm taking a penalty at such an inopportune time, but I'm doing my due diligence in reminding you.

Oh, and as an aside, if you are adamant in not including nameplates in these maps, *please* post a who's who of the tokens somewhere. I am totally blanking on who the blue guy is, and it's not like it's on Roll20, where I can open the characters tab and see his name.
    SwA: Change to Archmage role, turning the mindblade into its ranged form
    SA: Grapple the guy to the north it me. If successful, I will spend a move action to move me and him 1 square southeast. If not, I will instead move 1 square south.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Draegra, sweat running down their blue skin lashes out with the strange dense sword once more. Trying to land a blow even as they spin to look at the others, ”We need to fall back to a wider chamber.”

Show

Attack orange (1d20+8)[16] dam (1d8+3)[9]

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #1444

R7T19: Zada howls in grief and frustration. They'd told them to fall back! Why didn't they listen? Deciding that they can't trust their teammates to actually follow directions, Zada takes it upon themselves to grab their teammate Draegra, but does a really horrible job.

R7T18: Draegra, sweat running down their blue skin and otherwise ignoring Zada's feeble, non-grappler's attempt to grab him (a man who hopes to one day out-wrestle a giant), lashes out with the strange, dense sword once more. Trying to land a blow (and failing) even as they spin to look at the others, ”We need to fall back to a wider chamber.”

R7T14: Green closes again, standing astride Alvor's lifeless body, snapping its jaws at a desperately defending Draegra.

R7T11: Steingott, what do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott raises his arms and wall of earthen material rises up between Draegra and his attacker.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Steingott uses kinetic cover to place a wall on the north face of Draegras square.

6. - Top - End - #1446

R7T11: Steingott raises his arms and wall of earthen material rises up between Draegra and his attacker.

R7T10-3: Yellow blasts the wall apart with one vicious bite, then scratches at armor with a claw and wildly misses with another.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ....

R8T21:
    Brown almost catches Draegra, but the wall reduced its momentum and it fails to get through his armor.

R8T19.5: Norton, what do you do?

Zada on deck, Draegra in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Norton groans, watching the bottleneck still in place. He remains ready with his weapon, but neglects putting more distance in hopes that the others finally fall back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Norton will re-enter delay.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

8. - Top - End - #1448

R8T19.5: Norton groans, watching the bottleneck still in place. He remains ready with his weapon, but neglects putting more distance in hopes that the others finally fall back.

R8T19: Zada, what do you do?

Draegra on deck, Green in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-05-23 at 01:05 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

"Draega! Get your blue ass out of the chokepoint!" They then swapped back their mindblade to its polearm form, bracing themselves to be ready to attack once the undead came in range.
    Show
    SwA: Change back into Guardian, making the mindblade a polearm again.
    SA: Ready an attack to hit the first undead, Note that if they close into melee, they also trigger an attack of opportunity, and that by going into Guardian I get additional attacks of opportunity. Also, I have since lost access to my sheet, so I'll let you roll.

Note: Once it becomes convenient, add me back to the sheet as an editor; my new screen name is the_digiman619

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Draegra glances back, "I was waiting for you to move" they snap before falling back, sword held low in a defensive stance as they retreat into the previous tunnel chamber waiting to see if the cluster of enemies follow.

Show

Full: take withdraw action
    Moving 2 squares diagonally SE

11. - Top - End - #1451

R8T19: "Draega! Get your blue ass out of the chokepoint!" They then swapped back their mindblade to its polearm form, bracing themselves to be ready to attack once the undead came in range.

R8T18: Draegra glances back, snapping, "I was waiting for you to move!" He falls back, sword held low in a defensive stance as they retreat into the previous tunnel chamber waiting to see if the cluster of enemies follow.

R8T11: Steingott, what do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-05-24 at 02:00 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott raises another wall in front of their attackers and starts to back out of the tunnel.

Show

SA: Raise a wall on the southern face of Yellow's square.

MA: back out of the tunnel 20 ft.

13. - Top - End - #1453

R8T11: Steingott raises another wall in front of their attackers and starts to back out of the tunnel.

R8T9: The wall is just as quickly knocked down as Yellow rushes forth to be hammered in the groin by Zada's strange energy polearm for 11, and hit again in the chest hard enough to turn Yellow to ash.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T21-20:
    Brown comes around the corner from the west and closes on Zada, getting thumped in the belly for 15, but it still gets up to them. It snaps at Zada with its fetid breath, and it is what they can do to hold it off. Red (little guy) comes around the corner from the east, closes a little bit, before backing up slightly. Meanwhile, Purple (normal ghoul) passes Red to fill in the gap.

R9T18: Draegra, your studied target (Red) has reappeared. What do you do?

Steingott on deck, Zada in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Draegra grins as the beast leaps through the choke point and is surrounded by the party. Draegra grins studying the new target and lunges once hard

Show

Move: study orange
    Standard: risky attack (1d8+6)[9] dam (1d8+7)[8]

15. - Top - End - #1455

R9T18: Draegra grins as the beast leaps through the choke point and is surrounded by the party. Draegra grins studying the new target and lunges once hard, but missing wildly.

R9T11: Steingott, what do you do?

Zada on deck, Brown in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott raises another wall to block the tunnel, and continues moving back.

Spoiler
    Show

SA: Steingott raises a wall on the north face of Zada's square.

MA: He moves back (east) another 20 ft.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Now that the fight has moved into a bit more of an open space, Norton strikes at the closest foe with his spear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exit delay

Standard action: Strike with his Spear at the foe that is directly one square north of Zada.

Attack roll (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage (1d6+4)[6] vs Neutral, (1d8+4)[6] vs Evil, plus an additional (2d6)[6] damage.

18. - Top - End - #1458

R9T11: Steingott raises another wall to block the tunnel, and continues moving back.

R9T10: Now that the fight has moved into a bit more of an open space, Norton strikes at the closest foe with his spear. Unfortunately, he does this a split second after Steingott raised his wall. It would have been a perfect stroke, but instead simply destroys the newly formed earthen wall.

R9T9: Zada, what do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Zada shouts back at Stiengott. "Next time, give us a heads-up when you put a wall up!" They then smash the closest undead.
    Show
    Again, make an attack vs the closest (and I still don't have access to the sheet, so I'll let you do the roll.) Note that it's being wielded in two hands.
    EDIT: I forgot to check before I posted, so it turns out I do, in fact, have access to the sheet. It's too late to edit a roll in, tho
    Last edited by digiman619; 2023-05-26 at 01:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460

R9T9: Zada shouts back at Steingott, "Next time, give us a heads-up when you put a wall up!" They then smash the closest undead with a soulknife's answer to a long-handled maul, taking off the monster's leg at the right knee, upon which both severed leg and whole body of Brown lights from the inside before turning to ash!

R9T8: Purple is ready and steps forward to snap at Zada with its maw.

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T20-19:
    Red seems to gesture to the west. Pink comes from around the corner from the west and fills in the gap.

R10T18: Draegra, as a reminder ... you are sickened; you have a light on your force shield readied and are armed with adamantine longsword; and your studied target just had their life insurance policy activated. What do you do?

Steingott on deck, Norton in the hole ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

As finally one falls Draegra, still looking more green than blue, looks at the next one before kicking out with a brutal double kick at it a pained "Why can't you all die... again" muttered to the chamber at large

Show

Full: Flurry vs Purple
    (1d20+6)[15] dam (1d8+3)[8]
    (1d20+6)[20] dam (1d8+3)[6]

(sickened not included in above modifiers)

22. - Top - End - #1462

R10T18: As finally one falls, Draegra - still looking more green than blue - looks at the next one before lashing out with a brutal double kick at it a pained, "Why can't you all die... again...?" muttered to the chamber at large. His first kick is more for checking combat distance, but the second connects high against the side of the ghoul's head for 4.

R10T11: Steingott, you are currently sickened. What do you do?

Norton on deck, Zada in the hole ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott raises another wall between Zada and his attacker.

"Get out of that tunnel! We need room or range!"

Show

SA: Raise a wall on the north face of Zada's square.

MA: Shouting.
    Last edited by TooterfishPopkn; 2023-05-27 at 01:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464

R10T11: Steingott attempts to raise another wall between Zada and their attacker. A few seconds ago was a fluke, but this time, Steingott's wall doesn't form so far away. He yells out, "Get out of that tunnel! We need room or range!"

R10T10: Norton, the wall Steingott raised this time was too far to the east of the battle, and not even aligned to be an effective obstacle. There is light on your clothes, and you are currently wielding a loyal paladin's spear of light. What do you do?

Zada on deck, Purple in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Norton stifles a laugh, the humor of the situation with Steingotts walls not being lost on him. He quickly lashes out another strike at the nearest ghoul, then makes his way to the east to continue the retreat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Attack the ghoul one square north of Zada.

Attack roll (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5] vs Neutral, (1d8+4)[12] vs Evil, plus (2d6)[4] bonus damage

Move action: Norton will move to the east as far as he can manage to move. I believe he can make it to the square two squares due West of Steingott, but if not, he's still aiming to be due West of Steingott where he ends up.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Please don't be another one

(1d20)[20]

27. - Top - End - #1467

R10T10: Norton stifles a laugh, the humor of the situation with Steingott's walls not being lost on him. He quickly lashes out wildly at the nearest ghoul, then makes his way to the east to continue the retreat.

R10T9: Zada, archmage active, guardian passive. You are sickened from stench. You broke your taboo when Alvor died. What do you do?

Purple on deck, Draegra in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Draegra looks at the ghoul and again kicks out to drive it back before rolling backwards and retreating some 15ft directly east to fall back with the rest of the part

Show

Kick purple (1d20+7)[18] dam (1d8+3)[8]

Acrobatics to move 15ft east avoiding AoO (1d20+1)[11]

29. - Top - End - #1469

R10T9: Still reeling from Alvor's death and the stench combined, Zada steps back. With their connection to the old rat in the carrier, they call upon the spirits of their ancestors to aid in this battle. A ghostly quarterstaff forms, which they send against Pink, cracking the ghoul in the shoulder for 1 force.

R10T8: Purple bites Draegra in the right shoulder (4), but its claws miss or score his armor. It then steps to the south.

R10T7: Pink steps forward and can't get past Draegra's defenses.

End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

R11T18:
    Draegra looks at the ghoul (Purple) and again kicks out to strike it in the upper left arm for 6, unable to knock it back. He rolls backwards to retreat to the east to fall back with the rest of the party. It's not a pretty roll, and Purple and Pink both snap at him, but at least Draegra's defenses hold.

R11T17: Red darts down acrobatically to avoid the bald humans weird weapon and bites nips Zada in the belly with a bite for 4 mod. As it came down, its stench assaulted Zada's nose, continuing to debilitate them. It is only when Zada tries to violently expel the new source of smell from their nose that Zada realizes they can't ... for they are now paralyzed!

R11T16: Now Green darts to the south into the southwest corner to the paralyzed Zada, but it has some troubles dealing with Zada's armor and doesn't get through.

R11T11: Steingott, Zada is being attacked from too many directions for a single wall to be much use, and with three natural weapons, these creatures seem to blow through a wall in a single attack (sometimes two for the normal ghouls). What do you do?

Norton on deck, Zada in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott steps forward closer to the fray and fires on one of Zada's attackers.

Show

MA: Move West towards Norton two squares.

SA: Fire on red(?) to Zada's north.

Atk: (1d20+9)[18]

Dmg: (2d6+10)[16]

Last edited by TooterfishPopkn; 2023-06-02 at 04:07 PM.