New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords [The Skinsaw Murders] (IC)

Steingott stays put and waits patiently by the door to take tally of his newfound co-workers as they come through. He wants to look around the door frame, but he's just too sick to move.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Flavor text aside, Steingott is essentially readying an action, provided it's allowed while nauseated. If possible, he would like to put up kinetic cover the east wall of his square if he gets a save or opportunity to feel better. If that doesn't happen, he just sits there and dry heaves.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

R8T21: Steingott stays put and waits patiently by the door to take tally of his newfound co-workers as they come through. He wants to look around the door frame, but he's just too sick to move.

R8T20: Norton, you are still nauseated. But you can call and speak. Also, you were prompted by Draegra (in Thassilonian). What do you do?

Patient Brown on deck, Granite/ Destroyer McGee in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Norton calls out to Martin. "Martin, follow the sound of my voice to get out of the cloud." He pauses for a moment as he resists the urge to spit up his intestines before he continues. "This way to safety buddy, this way to safety." He will continue to repeat himself until he's sure Martin is coming his way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use my action for talking. Norton isn't worth much while Nauseated anyways, so Norton will keep talking as much as he can with his action in order to give Martin a direction to go toward."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #334

R8T20: Norton calls out to Martin. "Martin, follow the sound of my voice to get out of the cloud." He pauses for a moment as he resists the urge to spit up his intestines before he continues. "This way to safety buddy, this way to safety." He will continue to repeat himself until he's sure Martin is coming his way.

R8T17: Granite continues to retch in his little satchel.

R8T9: The big bat creature attacks Al, who in turn blocks the monster with his shield.

R8T8: Alvor, you do not have a SwA as you used oaken shield to block the attack. What do you do?

Zada on deck, Patient Green in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Al grits his teeth, sets his feet, and raises his shield, intent on holding the doorway until Draegra and Martin can make their way outside.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free action: Al will use Tactical Flanker to designate the square to his south as if it was occupied by him for the purpose of flanking.

Standard action: Al will use the Warlord's alternate recovery method to recover iron shell.

Al will use Armiger's Mark to mark the first two enemies that he damages with attacks of opportunity.

Al will not use any counters this round.

Spoiler: Maneuver Tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers expended 1 round ago: oaken shield, shoulder rush.
    Maneuvers expended 2 rounds ago: None.
    Last edited by rypt; 2021-07-16 at 03:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

R8T8: Al grits his teeth, sets his feet, and raises his shield, intent on holding the doorway until Draegra and Martin can make their way outside.

R8T7: Zada, what do you do? Poor little Granite is causing a pukey mess in his satchel. Your mindblade is manifested.

Patient Green on deck, Draegra in the hole ....
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Zada reaches into their pouch and lets Granite out; their erstwhile familiar wasn't exactly much in the way of utility, but the fumes had affected the poor guy enough that he needs air, and with no foe in immediate view, they took the time to let them out, placing them on the ground with an instruction to get out of there.

Once their familiar was as safe, they took back up arms to defend any of their teammates who were still in that place.

Show
    MA: Retrieve familiar. I don't know if I need to spend a second move action to put them down, but I will if I need to. If I still have a SA, I will ready a strike vs the first nonliving thing to get into range.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

8. - Top - End - #338

R8T7: Zada reaches into their pouch and lets Granite out; their erstwhile familiar wasn't exactly much in the way of utility, but the fumes had affected the poor guy enough that he needs air, and with no foe in immediate view, they took the time to let them out, placing them on the ground with an instruction to get out of there.

Once their familiar was as safe, they took back up arms to defend any of their teammates who were still in that place.

R8T6: Patient green clambers atop the table to get to Martin and Draegra.

R8T4.5: Martin, you hear vomiting adjacent to you, and a hand on your collar ... pulling but not forcefully. Draegra's voice says something to you in that language. You don't know the words, but with his physical actions, it seems like he wants to guide you.

R8T3-0.9: Martin feels something right in "front" of him swing and disturb the air powerfully. Patient Yellow scores a lucky shot against the hyper-protected Alvor, smashing his left hand against the haft of his polearm with a soft crit for 10.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T26:
    Martin, you finally recover from your nausea! Do you let Draegra guide you like a rag doll (and he is still ill), or do you give him a soft tap or something to dissuade that tactic and do something else?

Steingott on deck, Norton in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Martin

Martin wordlessly stables forward feeling Dragera’s hand on his arm. Stumbling blindly he’ll utter a prayer to Erastil that someone can restore his lost vision
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

10. - Top - End - #340

R9T26: Martin wordlessly staggers forward, feeling Dragera’s hand on his arm. Stumbling blindly, he’ll utter a prayer to Erastil that someone can restore his lost vision. Unfortunately, that still opened him up to an AOO. Martin get punched in the chest by an incredibly powerful fist for 10 as Martin goes limp in Draegra's not-quite-firm grasp.

R9T23: Draegra comes out of delay to firm his grasp, and then pull Martin out. In doing so, two other zombies strike against Draegra's armor. Draegra makes it outside, dragging Martin's unmoving body past and around him to the porch.

R9T21: Steingott, you are still nauseated. What do you do?

Norton on deck, Patient Brown in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

With tears in his eyes from all the heaving, Steingott continues to stumble out of the building.

Show
    Steingott continues on outside the door, 3 squares west then 1 square north.

12. - Top - End - #342

R9T21: With tears in his eyes from all the heaving, Steingott continues to stumble out of the building.

R9T20: Norton, you see Destroyer McGee just looking at you, never having given into the nausea. You'll be damned if a bunny rabbit makes you look weak, and you collect yourself (no longer nauseated). What do you do?

Patient Brown on deck, Bat-Creature in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Norton is not ready to try to go back in, so he instead just holds his position, expecting that the enemies will have to come to them at this point. He muses to himself. "What if we just burned it down.." His tone makes it obvious that he isn't serious, just a little annoyed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start delaying. That cloud is not going to get me again.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

14. - Top - End - #344

R9T20: Norton is not ready to try to go back in, so he instead just holds his position, expecting that the enemies will have to come to them at this point. He muses to himself. "What if we..." His tone makes it obvious that he isn't serious, just a little annoyed.

R9T18: Patient Brown steps into just underneath the bat-creature, and swings wildly at Alvor.

"...just burned..."

R9T9: The bat creature keeps its position above patient brown and bites against Al's armor.

"...it down?"

R9T8: Alvor, what do you do?

Zada on deck, Patient Green on deck, Norton delaying ...
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

A multitude of wounds are beginning to take their toll on Al as he once again turns to withdraw. Nearing the doorway, he motions with his shield -- "Draegra, move!" -- before taking the samsaran's place just outside the reception area.

"Someone tell me Martin's still breathing!" he says with his eyes watching and spear waiting for enemies to round the corner.

Show
    Full round action: Al will withdraw north towards the veranda, ending his movement in the square currently occupied by Draegra (see Swift action below). If for some reason Draegra refuses to move, Al will occupy the square to his south.

Swift action: When he is one square east of Draegra, Al will use pride movement to allow Draegra to immediately move up to his speed and (hopefully) make the space available to him.

Immediate action: If any enemy attempts to attack Martin, Al will use warning roar to attempt to negate it (if the maneuver can be used with an unconscious ally, he will use it even if Martin is unconscious at the time).
    Spoiler: Diplomacy check, if necessary
    Show
    (d20+11)[22]

Free action: Al will mark with Armiger's Mark any unmarked enemy he damages with an attack of opportunity.

Spoiler: Maneuver Tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers expended 1 round ago: None.
    Maneuvers expended 2 rounds ago: oaken shield, shoulder rush.
    Last edited by rypt; 2021-07-24 at 02:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Zada didn't have time to check. Instead, they placed a hand on Martin and rushed positive energy out, hoping it would be enough to keep him alive.
    Show
    SA: Cast cure moderate wounds (2d8+5)[17], giving up ​web shelter
    Also, if there's space between him and the enemy, I take a MA and stand in front of him.
    EDIT: Okay, I screwed up. I can't do that; not actually a cleric. I will instead use my healing hex to heal him for 1d6+5. Will post that in a sec.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2021-07-24 at 10:40 AM. Reason: The OOC spoiler works best when the actions I take are actually *in* the spoiler.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Oops
    Show
    As I said, forgot I can't spontaneously get cure spells, so I will instead use my healing hex on him.
    He instead heals for (1d8+5)[10]

18. - Top - End - #348

R9T8: A multitude of wounds are beginning to take their toll on Al as he once again turns to withdraw. Nearing the doorway, he motions with his shield -- "Draegra, move!" -- before taking the samsaran's place just outside the reception area.

"Someone tell me Martin's still breathing!" he says with his eyes watching and spear waiting for enemies to round the corner.

R9T7: Zada didn't have time to check. Instead, they placed a hand on Martin and rushed positive energy out, hoping it would be enough to keep him alive (10 healing). Martin is now prone and weak, but alive and conscious.

R9T6-0.9: Patient green comes through the doorway and steps forward, and Al chops the zombie in the head with his ranseur for 8, destroying patient green and leaving a scorch mark on the deck. Patient Purple does the same thing, and Alvor chops down at his head as well for 10, but not enough to destroy it. The patient staggers up to Alvor. Patient Yellow has to go around the long way; unwittingly, that saves her as the doorway gives her some cover from Al as she closes. The creepy spellcaster appears in the room as does his raven familiar.

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T26:
    Martin, you are blind, prone, and badly wounded ... just having regained consciousness. The air is cleaner than it was, and a light breeze tells you that while you are on wood flooring that you are also outside now. What do you do?

Draegra on deck, Steingott in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-28 at 10:18 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Martin

Martin regains conciousness, takes a deep breath and feels relief. Although he can hear the combat it sounds slightly further away though he winces at the pain in his numerous wounds. Fumbling at his his bandolier he finds the only potion there, breaks the seal and gulps down the minty blue liquid trying to restore some of his health and hoping the potion would work on his blindness

Show

Draw potion of CLW from bandolier
    Drink potion (1d8+1)[2]

EDIT: the dice are not my friend in this game
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-07-26 at 04:06 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

20. - Top - End - #350

R10T26: Martin regains conciousness, takes a deep breath and feels relief. Although he can hear the combat it sounds slightly further away though he winces at the pain in his numerous wounds. Fumbling at his his bandolier he finds the only potion there, breaks the seal and gulps down the minty blue liquid trying to restore some of his health and hoping the potion would work on his blindness. He heals 2, the very minimum, and just laying there he just exasperatedly thunks his head back on the deck of what he thinks might be the porch, questioning what life choices he made that angered the gods at him so.

R10T25: Draegra continues to dry heave over the porch.

R10T21: Steingott, you are still nauseated. Do you do anything?

Patient Brown on deck, Bat creature in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Steingott continues to put some distance between himself and the advancing mob. He tries to pull matter from the earth plane, but he only manages to pull up a loud, wet, burp.

Spoiler: action
    Show
    Steingott moves 3 squares north.

22. - Top - End - #352

R10T21: Steingott continues to put some distance between himself and the advancing mob. He tries to pull matter from the earth plane, but he only manages to pull up a loud, wet, burp.

R10T18: Patient Brown is seen by Al, moving up to the door, but will not cross his "master" and has little where else to go to get to the warm fleshy people.

R10T9: The big bat creature dips down past patient brown and the others. Alvor manages to strike it for 10 but it still closes. The oversized flying rodent manages to bite down at Al's chest for 11.

R10T8: Alvor, what do you do?

Granite on deck, Zada in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't keep this up much longer!" Al barks over his shoulder, a hint of panic in his voice. With blood dripping from his armor and staining the wood at his feet, he strikes desperately at the massive bat with his shield.

Show
    Free action: Al will adopt Defensive Stance, incurring a -2 penalty to attack rolls and gaining a +2 dodge bonus to AC.

Swift action: Al will swap his active stance to stance of the defending shell, gaining a +1 bonus to his shield AC.

Standard action: Al will use distracting strike against the bat with his shield. If the attack his, the bat must succeed at a DC 16 Will save or become flat-footed.
    Attack (including Defensive Stance's -2 penalty) :(d20+6)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[4] plus (2d6)[3]

Immediate action: If any enemy attempts to attack Martin, or if the small bat attempts to attack any of his allies, Al will use warning roar to attempt to negate it.
    Spoiler: Diplomacy check, if necessary
    Show
    (d20+11)[25]

Spoiler: Maneuver tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers expended so far this round: Distracting strike.
    Maneuvers expended 1 round ago: None.

24. - Top - End - #354

R10T8: "I can't keep this up much longer!" Al barks over his shoulder, a hint of panic in his voice. With blood dripping from his armor and staining the wood at his feet, he strikes desperately at the massive bat with his shield, but despair is counted with a miss.

R10T7.1: Granite is still hacking up at Zada's feet.

R10T7: Zada, what do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

R10T7: They know it is only a limited one-shot balm, but as bad as Alvor looks trying to hold the breech he needs it. Zada touches Alvor and energies flow into him for 8 healing.

R10T3-0.9: Purple swings at Alvor, but Alvor gives a distracting shout and Purple misses. Yellow swings and misses. The creepy caster concentrates carefully, and sends three bolts of arcane energy to slam into Alvor for a total of 8 force.

End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

R11T26:
    Martin, you are blind and prone, and there is little for you to do. You delay ...

R11T25: Draegra is still nauseated.

R11T21: Steingott, you finally get over your nausea. What do you do?

Brown on deck, Large bat-creature in the hole, Martin/ Norton delaying ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The nausea seems to pass! Steingott watches the doorway and keeps his hands at the ready to hurl a chunk of earth at the the first sign of an enemy walking through the door.

Show

Readying a kinetic blast to be triggered as soon as an enemy comes out the doorway

(1d20+7)[11] to hit in the event an enemy walks out

(2d6+7)[15] damage pending success

27. - Top - End - #357

R11T21: The nausea seems to pass! Steingott watches the doorway and keeps his hands at the ready to hurl a chunk of earth at the the first sign of an enemy walking through the door.

R11T18: The bat-creature bites at Martin.

R11T8: Al, you are currently in a defensive stance. Armiger's mark on bat-creature. In Piercing Thunder Style and Stance of the Defending Shell. What do you do?

Zada on deck, Purple in the hole, Norton delaying ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Al makes another attempt to smash the bat with his shield, though his focus remains on his own protection.

In the moments between the enemies' attacks and his own, he attempts to direct those behind him. "Check the windows! You may be able to climb through and flank them. Hells, grab Martin's bow if you need to."

Show
    Free action: Al will continue to utilize Defensive Stance, incurring a -2 penalty to attack rolls and gaining a +2 dodge bonus to AC.

Standard action: Al attacks the large bat with a shield bash.
    Attack (including the -2 penalty for Defensive Stance): (d20+6)[19]
    Damage (1d4+3)[4]

Al will not use any counters this round.

Spoiler: Maneuver tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers expended so far this round: None.
    Maneuvers expended 1 round ago: Distracting strike, warning roar.

29. - Top - End - #359

R11T8: Al makes another attempt to smash the bat with his shield, though his focus remains on his own protection. He hits it, grazing it, really, for 4.

In the moments between the enemies' attacks and his own, he attempts to direct those behind him. "Check the windows! You may be able to climb through and flank them. Hells, grab Martin's bow if you need to."

R11T7: Zada, what do you do?

Enemies on deck and in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Zada makes a decision, helping Martin to his feet. They would just hope that Alvor could hold the line long enough to get Martin to safety. "Martin, I'm picking you up, don't resist", they said
    Show
    Help Martin to his feet. If I have time, I will channel energy to everyone for (1d6)[4] before trying to pull Martin out of the metaphorical fire. If not, I just ready myself to help him out of danger.