New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default I am constructing a superior Borg

I need to build an immense geometrical base the size of a solar system that's borg themed. I have decided to create an improved borg to my Phanes backstory. It's purpose: To locate and acquire technology by assimilation and bring order on the universe. I will send the cubes in far space.
    With my Dm's approval plan on making them extremely powerful with phase cloaking, personal cloaking, regeneration, and loaded with efficient weapons to destroy or disable ships for assimilation. I need ideas for borg special qualities and special attacks. .
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-13 at 11:39 AM. Reason: No longer need help or info with creation. Now I just need reviews to tell me if they are powerful enough
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.

I present Jazath and his Borg

A wise man once said "To be insane in an insane world is to be a DM!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I need help with constructing the Borg

This isn't really helpful but... should it really be that big? I'm not nearly good enough at neither math nor astronomy to work out the numbers but something the size of a solar system would require a truly ridiculous amount of matter to build.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-02-08 at 01:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I would consider starting with some form of undeath or an undead template, and a form of DR that adapts.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    This isn't really helpful but... should it really be that big? I'm not nearly good enough at neither math nor astronomy to work out the numbers but something the size of a solar system would require a truly ridiculous amount of matter to build.
    I need their to be sufficient sized factory complexes to create an overwhelming amount of soldiers and weapons.
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

On that note, I intend to create large ships that harvest suns for power, A convertor beam to convert entire planets into more borg ships (Usually a small group of Borg go out from the ship an man it) Then those ships go off to fill up with more Borg until they are fully manned. Then go and use beams to convert large mass into more ships and continue the process all over again.
    How would I create these things?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I need their to be sufficient sized factory complexes to create an overwhelming amount of soldiers and weapons.
    Sure, it's up to you, of course, but be vary of the risk some people might have trouble taking it seriously since it's so insanely large and would require completely stripping... I don't really know? Thousands? of solar systems for the material.

Then again, I've certainly seen stranger concepts in fiction so maybe you can make it work.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Even a factory the size of Earth would produce a staggering amount - consider that the entirety of the world's production currently is using a small fraction of just the surface area. An Earth-sized arcology (if the engineering problems were dealt with) could probably house about 10 quadrillion* people, for example (comfortably, so if these are robot soldiers or clones who're content to sleep in pods, you can fit even more). And then Jupiter is about 1000x that big.

*Super back-of-the-napkin calculation based on what results I was able to find. And now I'm annoyed that several video games have arcologies and dominate the search results.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe, hijack some of Acheron cubes?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If you havent checked out the Kaorti (Fiend Folio I think) then you should. They might fit well for this

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

-3.5 Stats for usual borg
    There is no "usual borg" per normal definition. Borg is one symbiotic entity controlling enhanced versions of different races.

But I think I might help you out here a bit. It is due to my Orochimaru build which I did recently. He heavily abuses the symbiotic template and symbionts. While in Orochimaru's chase it represents his Curse Mark ability, it can easily be adjusted for Borgs. The cheese is build around Ice Assassins, symbionts and the symbiotic template to control other creatures and enhance their abilities.

For that you need to design the Borg Queen first (the equivalent to Orochimaru).
    Warlock is a good base for many fluff reason. Be it laser (Eldritch Blast), gravity boots (Spiederwalk), even jet-packs if you want (Fell Flight). Maybe add Acolyte of the Skin to present the standard borg armor/equipment.

Once you have your Borg Queen, you can than use your Ice Assassin/Symbiont army to assimilate any creature for a simple +1 template (which enhances them greatly for this lil price tag).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    There is no "usual borg" per normal definition. Borg is one symbiotic entity controlling enhanced versions of different races.

But I think I might help you out here a bit. It is due to my Orochimaru build which I did recently. He heavily abuses the symbiotic template and symbionts. While in Orochimaru's chase it represents his Curse Mark ability, it can easily be adjusted for Borgs. The cheese is build around Ice Assassins, symbionts and the symbiotic template to control other creatures and enhance their abilities.

For that you need to design the Borg Queen first (the equivalent to Orochimaru).
    Warlock is a good base for many fluff reason. Be it laser (Eldritch Blast), gravity boots (Spiederwalk), even jet-packs if you want (Fell Flight). Maybe add Acolyte of the Skin to present the standard borg armor/equipment.

Once you have your Borg Queen, you can than use your Ice Assassin/Symbiont army to assimilate any creature for a simple +1 template (which enhances them greatly for this lil price tag).

Hmmm....true. I am actually planning to create my own stats for the borg. Here is what I have so far. The assimilation process bestows the paragon template. The cybernetic enhancements allow for strength increasements, AC enchancement, and whatnot. Can some of you tell me how well I have done this

Jazath Tactical Borg (Borg Soldier)
    HD: 20d8+240 (400 Hp)
    Initiative: +7 dex
    Speed: 90 ft
    Ac: 71 (+7 Dex, +30 Enchantment Armor, +12 Insight, +12 Luck)
    Attacks: 4 Slams +67/+62/+57/+52 Melee, Or 10 Disruptor shots +56 melee, or 4 Neutralizers +56 melee .
    Damage: Slam (1d6+46), Disruptor (4d10+20), Nuetralizer (8d6+20 Subsonic) plus paralyization (DC 30)
    Grapple: +50
    Face/Reach: 5ft by 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection (Assimilation)
    Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Class X Sensor, Collective Intelligence ,Detect Magic (At Will), Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Gravity Anchor, Immunities, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Long Borg Eyepiece, Phase Cloak, Truesight (60 feet), Omni-sensor,
    Saves: Fortitude (+22) Reflex (+29) Will (Never Fails/Collective)
    Abilities: Str (43) Dex (33) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)
    Skills: Collective
    Feats: Weapon Focus (X3), Weapon Specialization (x3), Greater Weapon Focus (X3), Greater Weapon Specialization (x3), Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning, Piercing), Toughness, Mobility, Dodge, Endurance, Combat Reflexes
    Epic Feats: Epic Weapon Focus (x3), Epic Weapon Specialization (x3)
    *Feats are selectively used by the collective. The ones above are usually what the Borg Mind use. However in special cases a borg drone can use certain feats

Jazath Standard Borg
    HD: 20d8+240 (400 hp)
    Initiative: +12 dex
    Speed: 90 feet
    AC: 76 (+12 dex, +30 Enhancement Bonus, +12 insight, +12 luck)
    Attacks: 4 Slams +57/+52/+47/+42
    Damage: Slam (1d6+33)
    Grapple:+25
    Face/Reach: 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection
    Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Borg Immunities, Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Collective Intelligence, Polyvox, Gravity Anchor, Truesight (60 ft), Detect Magic (At Will), Omni-Sensor,
    Saves: Fort (+21) Ref (+28) Will (+NA)
    Abilities: Str (36) Dex (35) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)
    Skills: Collective
    Feats: Collective
    Epic Feats: Collective

Jazaths Medical Borg
    HD: 20d8+240 (400 hp)
    Initiative: +13 dex
    Speed: 90 ft
    AC: 78 (+14 Dex, +30 Enhancement Bonus, +12 Insight, +12 Luck)
    Attacks: 4 Slams +56/+51/+46/+41 melee
    Damage: Slam (1d6+31)
    Grapple: +23
    Face/Reach: 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection
    Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Collective Intelligence, Polyvox, Gravity Anchor, Truesight (120 ft), Detect Magic (At Will), Neural Recorder, Medical Appendage, Regenerator (800 hp per round), Omni-Sensors, Bioscoping eyepiece,
    Saves: Fort (+22) Ref (+32) Will (+NA)
    Abilities: Str (33) Dex (38) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-03-02 at 11:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here is my Borg Cube so far, opinions?

JAZATH'S BORG CUBE
    (Type: Superheavy) (Size: Awesome)
    (Subtype: Borg Cube) (Tactical Speed: 8,500 feet)
    (Defense: 863) (Length: 3,036 meters)
    (Flat-footed Defense: NA) ( Weight: 3,166,560,000,000 Metric tons*)
    (Autopilot Defense: NA) (Targeting System Bonus: +1,800)
    (Hardness: 1500) (Crew: Usually 5,000 Drones)
    (Hit Dice: 50,000d20 (1,000,000 hp)) (Passenger Capacity: 130,000)
    (Initiative Modifier: +100) (Cargo Capacity:: 1,000,000 metric tons)
    (Grapple Modifier:+250)

Attacks: 16 Borg Energy Beams (1,000 pts), 3 Borg Cutting Beams (Not sure. In roleplay terms they usually just slice through your hull)

Engines: Spatial Compressor, Borg Matrix Engine, Temporal Drive Generator, Dimensional Drive Generator, Jump Drive

Defense Systems: Adaptive Shield Systems, Automatic Regeneration Matrix (50,000 hp per round), Phase Cloak, Nanite Repair Array High Level Structural Integrity Array, Subspace Field, Selective Anti-Magic Field, Force Field, One-way Wall Of Force Protection, Dampening Field, Temporal Shields,

Sensors: Magic/Psionic Immune Sensors, Class X Sensors, Achilles Targeting Systems.

Weapons: 24 Omega Class Tractor Beams (Negates all energy sources on a locked on object. Freezing them entirely and negating their shields), 24 Borg Energy Weapons, 18 Borg Cutting Beams

JAZATHS BORG CONVERTOR CUBE

These convert entire planets into the material used for construction. It can create more borg ships or just use it as constructing material.

JAZATHS BORG SPHERE
    Meant as a scout ship. A lot smaller than a Borg cube

JAZATHS BORG OBELISK
    A little longer than a cube. But thin. They create dimensional rifts and pockets to transport large cargo over a great distance. If at least a 100 surround a planet they can teleport the whole place if needed to another location. Usually the main Borg Complex.

JAZATHS BORG TACTICAL DIAMOND

Intended for combat. Heavily armed out of all the Borg vessels. Deals 5,000 points with a single shot. Made for elite personnel

JAZATHS BORG CUBE CARRIER
    9,200 meters wide
    9,120 meters tall
    36,480 meters long

Carries 48 Borg Cubes

Current Borg Creations I made (Need to know if their are any more i could create)
    Borg Types
    Tactical Borg
    Standard Borg
    Medical Borg

Special Species In The Collective
    Beholder
    Dragon
    Mindflayer
    Kahtak (Winged paragon War Trolls)
    Cerebiums (Six armed super telepaths)
    Aquatic Borg
    Gloom
    Heta's
    Grell (Took us a bit on how to figure it out....)
    Plus a lot more not listed

Species Assimilated
    Over 2 Trillion Different Species Have been assimilated

Borg Constructs
    Unimatrix Base (Made to act as a borg hub in solar systems. A science, repair, and borg cube manufacturer. At least 90,000 in the universe. Will be located in separate Quadrants.)
    Borg Fortress (An immense land based construct put on multiple worlds. They look like rectangular skyscrapers and multiple are lined in the same area usually)
    Borg Marine Dome (Made for aquatic bases)
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-26 at 09:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

intresting stats.. a bit op though.

Borg Drones are not indevidualy that formidable.

personaly i would see 'BORG Drone' as an aquired template.

no stat mods or aqured feats other than Cibernetic, and Mind link, borg nanobots equipment.

Cibernetic feat removes max cibernetic's a mob can have by con mod.

Mind link feat would allow any borg to use comunicate mentaly with any other Drone and use any otheres skill ranks as a full round action.

Borg nanobots means that as a full round action the borg drone can manufature and equip one common equipment Item.

lets not forget that one of there quipment options would be borg nanotubs which would allow them to infect an target they can graple with nanobots. after 1d6 rtounds the target strts to undergo stage one infection and becomes highly serjesterble for 1d6 hours. at the end of this period the subject gains the borg drone template and is now a miondless undead drone.

during stage two if a victime interacts with an asimerlation table thay become a Borg drone but retains all skills feats and race.

If you asumed that the borg would go after specalists 1st this means that any borg dron would have a few skills of its own apropreat to its type, but could interlink with the colective for a full round action so as to have any skill at rank 10 easly.
    then its onborde factory would allow it to have any single equipment nessersry for the job, in addition to any cybernetics it has already..

thus even a lowly Drone could quite easly become a horrible monster in its own right.

Also Borg use disrupters, cutting beams (heavy lasers) and tractoir beams as standard weapons, and Micro fushion and fishion breader reactors as a backup power and multiple warp core's as primary power

Also unimtrix 001 was a masive dison array built around a star in a nebula. not a soild dison sphire but still big enough. it was a major shipyard and resorce hub for the borg colective.

note also that that ability to adapt from the nanobots means that unless an attack instantly kills its target, the borg drone or the ship/station will spend next turn maufactering whatever defence will prevent damage. so after a few attacks they will have whatever equipment they need to resiste the damage. if you are alowing magic this will ALSO include magical defences as the colective overrides the mind of the target and would alow them to direct there magical talent.
    Last edited by Morty_Jhones; 2021-02-10 at 06:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty_Jhones View Post
    intresting stats.. a bit op though.

Borg Drones are not indevidualy that formidable.

personaly i would see 'BORG Drone' as an aquired template.

no stat mods or aqured feats other than Cibernetic, and Mind link, borg nanobots equipment.

Cibernetic feat removes max cibernetic's a mob can have by con mod.

Mind link feat would allow any borg to use comunicate mentaly with any other Drone and use any otheres skill ranks as a full round action.

Borg nanobots means that as a full round action the borg drone can manufature and equip one common equipment Item.

lets not forget that one of there quipment options would be borg nanotubs which would allow them to infect an target they can graple with nanobots. after 1d6 rtounds the target strts to undergo stage one infection and becomes highly serjesterble for 1d6 hours. at the end of this period the subject gains the borg drone template and is now a miondless undead drone.

during stage two if a victime interacts with an asimerlation table thay become a Borg drone but retains all skills feats and race.

If you asumed that the borg would go after specalists 1st this means that any borg dron would have a few skills of its own apropreat to its type, but could interlink with the colective for a full round action so as to have any skill at rank 10 easly.
    then its onborde factory would allow it to have any single equipment nessersry for the job, in addition to any cybernetics it has already..

thus even a lowly Drone could quite easly become a horrible monster in its own right.

Also Borg use disrupters, cutting beams (heavy lasers) and tractoir beams as standard weapons, and Micro fushion and fishion breader reactors as a backup power and multiple warp core's as primary power

Also unimtrix 001 was a masive dison array built around a star in a nebula. not a soild dison sphire but still big enough. it was a major shipyard and resorce hub for the borg colective.
    Alright. I might take this into my stats. But as a level 600+ Wizard I think i would design something this op in my own right. I want to overwhelm beings with raw power.

Also, using a Borg template would be far too much wasted paper! I find it simpler to make one borg for a humanoid medium species instead of a template system. That seems to me like an overcomplication to take up a template source into such a massive array of borg. Besides, I'm a level 600 something phane, why not I create a Op cybrog that can mass produce?
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-10 at 06:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I know the mods frown on repeated/back-to-back posting. I believe we can edit our posts if we forgot to include something.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cartejos View Post
    If you havent checked out the Kaorti (Fiend Folio I think) then you should. They might fit well for this
    I was thinking pretty much the same thing, physically Kaorti mixed with the Inevitables, acting like Clockwork Horrors, with a hive mind like Fomorians or Spellweavers, then make them all lawful evil with the Axiomatic template.

Kaorti are smart and powerful, with tech-like weaponry.

Inevitables stalk a target, and upon failure, a more powerful one is made in the Forge Creches of Mechanus, then sent out on the same mission, repeating until successful.

Clockwork Horrors seek to take apart the universe and make more of themselves.

Fomorians and Spellweavers have many miles wide hive minds and telepathy, and seek to control the multiverse.

The Axiomatic template only works on lawful creatures, and lawful evil fits the bill.

Physically, you could have whatever race gets picked up put into a big machine, I'm thinking a cross between that big evil machine from the Fiendish Codeces that grants grafts and the process that reverts Devils into Nupperibo, and out the other side comes some standardized humanoid thing with machine parts and no original personality.

For the Borg Cube though, first of all make it at least 'Awesome Size' (from the Spelljammer Dungeon article), and consider that something the size of a solar system could just be a Crystal Sphere jam packed with stuff... maybe self propelled, feasting on other Crystal Spheres? Smaller ones can be encountered first, and the bigger one can show up for the finale. Also, not all Crystal Spheres have suns, some have Starbeasts instead, and that would be interesting for them to deal with. Starbeast sized Borgs?

By the way, I highly recommend the Blame! manga for this kind of thing...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright. I might take this into my stats. But as a level 600+ Wizard I think i would design something this op in my own right. I want to overwhelm beings with raw power.

Also, using a Borg template would be far too much wasted paper! I find it simpler to make one borg for a humanoid medium species instead of a template system. That seems to me like an overcomplication to take up a template source into such a massive array of borg. Besides, I'm a level 600 something phane, why not I create a Op cybrog that can mass produce?
    You should determine what you want your average humanoid borg stats to be, then base a template on that so if there was ever question on someone’s character being taken and turned into one you have an answer, the same is done for many creatures in the MM.

Strength would increase greatly, we’re talking into the low-mid 20’s easily.

Dexterity is absolutely reduced, You could even make an argument for a 3 in this stat.

Constitution would stay the same, but more likely be reduced, maybe also a 3, I know this sounds wrong, but actually borg are very easy to destroy once you by pass the technological defenses.

Intelligence Is an unnecessary stat, and frankly you could set it to 3 for all active borg. Borg act like drones/animals unless removed from the network. Subconsciously though they still have who they were before the transformation, and they can be reached through dreams.

Wisdom is much like Intelligence.

Charisma would receive an increase. While CHA tends to be a personal stat much like INT & WIS, it also impacts the ominous impression the borg carry with them to intimidate. Let’s not forget the borg like to negotiate through Diplomacy. Remember, “We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”

Alignment: Borg are an organized structured creature. Law and order is what rules them. Some might think they are evil, but I’d argue they are LN, but it wouldn’t be incorrect to label them LE. Either way, a protection from Law spell would cut off a borg from the collective.

Saving Throws
    Fort: Even with a Constitution reduction, I would increase this to be a high saving throw.
    Refl: This is the worst of the worst.
    Will: This would be a very high saving throw again regardless of the actual Wisdom stat.

Basically Saves would be +2/+0/+2.

Hit Dice: D8 or D6, Again, Borg are easy to kill if you can hit them with good damage. Because phasers were able to kill them, they are less than 4 HD creatures, and probably only 2 HD, so the template would add a single HD.

AC: Borg are easy to hit, but they have adaptive defenses and immunities.

The actual main modification of a creature becoming the Borg would be the special abilities. Borg would gain almost all the “Detect” magics, they would get basically any special Vision spell, such as See Invisibility or True Seeing. They would be immune to Illusions and Death effects by themselves. If connected to the collective, they would be immune to all Enchantments, Mind affecting abilities, or compulsion affects. (Other than that of the collective.)

They would be able to enable immunity to type damage after 1d8+2 hits (Basically after 3 hits start rolling D100%, each hit increases the probability the borg adapt) all borg present would gain the type immunity or DR against the type damage.

Borg are not Undead, they are living, but they have the ability to suppress bodily functions. They can not be turned.

The question I have is why a level 600 wizard would create something like the borg, I mean that is something a level 400 wizard would do, you should think more grandiose.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Andersom View Post
    You should determine what you want your average humanoid borg stats to be, then base a template on that so if there was ever question on someone’s character being taken and turned into one you have an answer, the same is done for many creatures in the MM.

Strength would increase greatly, we’re talking into the low-mid 20’s easily.

Dexterity is absolutely reduced, You could even make an argument for a 3 in this stat.

Constitution would stay the same, but more likely be reduced, maybe also a 3, I know this sounds wrong, but actually borg are very easy to destroy once you by pass the technological defenses.

Intelligence Is an unnecessary stat, and frankly you could set it to 3 for all active borg. Borg act like drones/animals unless removed from the network. Subconsciously though they still have who they were before the transformation, and they can be reached through dreams.

Wisdom is much like Intelligence.

Charisma would receive an increase. While CHA tends to be a personal stat much like INT & WIS, it also impacts the ominous impression the borg carry with them to intimidate. Let’s not forget the borg like to negotiate through Diplomacy. Remember, “We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”

Alignment: Borg are an organized structured creature. Law and order is what rules them. Some might think they are evil, but I’d argue they are LN, but it wouldn’t be incorrect to label them LE. Either way, a protection from Law spell would cut off a borg from the collective.

Saving Throws
    Fort: Even with a Constitution reduction, I would increase this to be a high saving throw.
    Refl: This is the worst of the worst.
    Will: This would be a very high saving throw again regardless of the actual Wisdom stat.

Basically Saves would be +2/+0/+2.

Hit Dice: D8 or D6, Again, Borg are easy to kill if you can hit them with good damage. Because phasers were able to kill them, they are less than 4 HD creatures, and probably only 2 HD, so the template would add a single HD.

AC: Borg are easy to hit, but they have adaptive defenses and immunities.

The actual main modification of a creature becoming the Borg would be the special abilities. Borg would gain almost all the “Detect” magics, they would get basically any special Vision spell, such as See Invisibility or True Seeing. They would be immune to Illusions and Death effects by themselves. If connected to the collective, they would be immune to all Enchantments, Mind affecting abilities, or compulsion affects. (Other than that of the collective.)

They would be able to enable immunity to type damage after 1d8+2 hits (Basically after 3 hits start rolling D100%, each hit increases the probability the borg adapt) all borg present would gain the type immunity or DR against the type damage.

Borg are not Undead, they are living, but they have the ability to suppress bodily functions. They can not be turned.

The question I have is why a level 600 wizard would create something like the borg, I mean that is something a level 400 wizard would do, you should think more grandiose.
    I'm thinking my borg will ALWAYS be connected to the collective. 24/7 even if separated from the cube. When a shuttlecraft from a certain TV show went warp 10 the Pilot existed everywhere at once for a brief instant. I'm thinking If I augment the borg collective connection to warp 10 I could eliminate distance limits for my consciousness. Anything Borg will remain connected to the collective as long as a cube exists exists in the universe. Allowing for instant communication and control from the collective. While Jazath functions as the Borg queen. Using a neural implant to connect himself with every borg in the universe. Is that not grandiose enough? To claim almost the absolute level of technology and reach a degree of omniscience? That's Jazaths dream, to obtain technology and to control and improve order in the universe using the Borg. It's just I always loved the Borg as a villain and I find it cool to create a more powerful version of the Borg as an evil character.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Borg nanoprobes - try to use the Deadly Stardust from the Sandstorm

Here is my Borg Cube so far, opinions?

JAZATH'S BORG CUBE
    (Type: Superheavy) (Size: Colossal )
    Just Colossal?
    Come on!
    Shadow of the Spider Moon introduced the new size category - Awesome
    Borg Cube don't deserves anything less...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    For the Borg nanoprobes - try to use the Deadly Stardust from the Sandstorm

Just Colossal?
    Come on!
    Shadow of the Spider Moon introduced the new size category - Awesome
    Borg Cube don't deserves anything less...
    Thank you!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm thinking my borg will ALWAYS be connected to the collective. 24/7 even if separated from the cube. When a shuttlecraft from a certain TV show went warp 10 the Pilot existed everywhere at once for a brief instant. I'm thinking If I augment the borg collective connection to warp 10 I could eliminate distance limits for my consciousness. Anything Borg will remain connected to the collective as long as a cube exists exists in the universe. Allowing for instant communication and control from the collective. While Jazath functions as the Borg queen. Using a neural implant to connect himself with every borg in the universe. Is that not grandiose enough? To claim almost the absolute level of technology and reach a degree of omniscience? That's Jazaths dream, to obtain technology and to control and improve order in the universe using the Borg. It's just I always loved the Borg as a villain and I find it cool to create a more powerful version of the Borg as an evil character.
    I would go back and rewatch many of the episodes with the Borg, as the connection to the collective is disrupted fairly easily in many episodes.

Actually, very early in the Borg story within Star Trek, Captain Picard had the opportunity to wipe out the entire borg collective killing all borg across the universe, because they were able to find a borg drone not connected to the network. He chose not to commit genocide and returned the borg drone named Hugh. Episode “I, Borg” [S05E23].

Later in Voyager, we find other borg who have been disconnected from the collective. Episode “Unity” [S03E17] has former borg who were knocked out of the collective network. “Unimatrix Zero” [S06E26-S07E01] ties back to ramifications of Picard’s choice with Hugh while not connected to the collective. Least we not forget Seven of Nine, and be thankful she was disconnected.

As a DM, with the uncertainties that space contains and the other many things characters could do to disrupt a connection to the collective, it is naive to think every borg would always be connected, just like your cellphone always having coverage.

Basically, if you understand networks, You would have three different collective networks.

The Collective Cloud - This is like the internet cloud, where everything would flow from and to anywhere there is a connection.

The Collective WAN - This would be a localized connection of multiple borg in an area where there is no connection to the Collective Cloud. This could be as large as multiple cubes or as small as a single ship. The Collective WAN may or may not be connected to the Collective Cloud at any given time. The borg don’t need to be connected to the collective at all times. There is a reason they used the term Drone and Queen, as they are like bees that can follow directives for the hive without being directly connected to the queen at all times. Think of First Contact, the Queen and her Sphere ship would have been a Collective WAN once they went back in time, and that was the reason they had to establish a line of communication to the borg far away.

The Collective Token-Ring - This is what a few borg drones on a planet would have as a team, the ability to communicate and share information at a local level. If any of the drones have access to a WAN or Cloud network node they can relay the information to those beyond the local collective and share it with the entire collective.

Remember, they are technology based, and technology has limits; magic even has limits like magic dead zones, mind blank, and other barriers to communications. Just understand it and plan accordingly. Wizards should be masters at planning anyways.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?
    I don't know if even D20 Future stats out Dyson sphere-sized objects.

One D20 book does however - D20 Star Munchkin. It also extends the size range past Colossal.

Asteroid, typical (Colossal: Size Modifier -8)
    Asteroid, dino-killer (Ludicrous: Size Modifier -16)
    Moon (Stupefying: Size Modifier -32)
    Earth (Astounding: Size Modifier -64)
    Jupiter (Excessive: Size Modifier -128)
    Star (Vast: Size Modifier -256)
    Dyson sphere (Inconceivable: Size Modifier -512)

The "Hull Plating" (for both AC and DR purposes) of such an object is +400.

So, the AC would be 10, -512 for size, +400 for "plating" would mean that it has an AC of -102, but it has DR 400/-.

Hit points: it would have 4,194,304 d10 + 560 hit points, which averages out to 23,069,232 hit points.

It's up to you how much being made of neutronium would modify these values.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2021-02-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would go back and rewatch many of the episodes with the Borg, as the connection to the collective is disrupted fairly easily in many episodes.

Actually, very early in the Borg story within Star Trek, Captain Picard had the opportunity to wipe out the entire borg collective killing all borg across the universe, because they were able to find a borg drone not connected to the network. He chose not to commit genocide and returned the borg drone named Hugh. Episode “I, Borg” [S05E23].

Later in Voyager, we find other borg who have been disconnected from the collective. Episode “Unity” [S03E17] has former borg who were knocked out of the collective network. “Unimatrix Zero” [S06E26-S07E01] ties back to ramifications of Picard’s choice with Hugh while not connected to the collective. Least we not forget Seven of Nine, and be thankful she was disconnected.

As a DM, with the uncertainties that space contains and the other many things characters could do to disrupt a connection to the collective, it is naive to think every borg would always be connected, just like your cellphone always having coverage.

Basically, if you understand networks, You would have three different collective networks.

The Collective Cloud - This is like the internet cloud, where everything would flow from and to anywhere there is a connection.

The Collective WAN - This would be a localized connection of multiple borg in an area where there is no connection to the Collective Cloud. This could be as large as multiple cubes or as small as a single ship. The Collective WAN may or may not be connected to the Collective Cloud at any given time. The borg don’t need to be connected to the collective at all times. There is a reason they used the term Drone and Queen, as they are like bees that can follow directives for the hive without being directly connected to the queen at all times. Think of First Contact, the Queen and her Sphere ship would have been a Collective WAN once they went back in time, and that was the reason they had to establish a line of communication to the borg far away.

The Collective Token-Ring - This is what a few borg drones on a planet would have as a team, the ability to communicate and share information at a local level. If any of the drones have access to a WAN or Cloud network node they can relay the information to those beyond the local collective and share it with the entire collective.

Remember, they are technology based, and technology has limits; magic even has limits like magic dead zones, mind blank, and other barriers to communications. Just understand it and plan accordingly. Wizards should be masters at planning anyways.

I'm the character, not the DM (I need to change the prefix, my mistake)

Having a mixture of all three would be ideal. I would love to ask my DM if it's possible. But I want to issue orders to every borg at once when needed and access anything they come across instantly. Maybe my character could establish all these links, but establish his own when needed

You seem to know a great deal about networks, so I should ask if I could maintain this, what type of signal to use, ect.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-13 at 11:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm the character, not the DM (I need to change the prefix, my mistake)

Having a mixture of all three would be ideal. I would love to ask my DM if it's possible. But I want to issue orders to every borg at once when needed and access anything they come across instantly. Maybe my character could establish all these links, but establish his own when needed

You seem to know a great deal about networks, so I should ask if I could maintain this, what type of signal to use, ect.
    I was aware that you were not the DM, but as a player you should always think how a DM will look at something, and I shared my opinion as a DM.

Actually a Borg society will need all 3 types of communications I mentioned, and they have similar levels of communication in the shows.

As for communications, what is in the show doesn’t technically exist, because the means of transmission of communication across a galaxy would take many years, basically in the show it was magic anyways, but worked kind of like how I explained.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was aware that you were not the DM, but as a player you should always think how a DM will look at something, and I shared my opinion as a DM.

Actually a Borg society will need all 3 types of communications I mentioned, and they have similar levels of communication in the shows.

As for communications, what is in the show doesn’t technically exist, because the means of transmission of communication across a galaxy would take many years, basically in the show it was magic anyways, but worked kind of like how I explained.
    Well. Thank you for this information. And thank you for offering a little bit of your time and experience as a DM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: I am constructing a superior Borg

Is it possible to assimilate Outsiders? My Dm is leading toward the "No" but is unsure. Would it technically be possible?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well. Thank you for this information. And thank you for offering a little bit of your time and experience as a DM.
    Absolutely, I enjoy Star Trek almost as much as D&D, and I am a computer/electronics tech. I actually have experience with wave propagation including space communication networks.

I am also running a Spelljammer (Space) campaign right now, well they are about a level from finding out it is a Space campaign.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is it possible to assimilate Outsiders? My Dm is leading toward the "No" but is unsure. Would it technically be possible?
    I would absolutely say yes. There are certain outsiders that basically assimilate creatures from the prime material plane, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

However, there are clearly some species of creatures that would not be able to be assimilated. In this case the Borg would pretty much try to find a use technologically or it would eradicate it.

The Borg are a less interesting version of the Goa’uld from Stargate.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would absolutely say yes. There are certain outsiders that basically assimilate creatures from the prime material plane, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

However, there are clearly some species of creatures that would not be able to be assimilated. In this case the Borg would pretty much try to find a use technologically or it would eradicate it.

The Borg are a less interesting version of the Goa’uld from Stargate.
    Alright. Then If he lets me It'll be wonderful to try and tap into the lower and higher planes with hordes of borg. We could rule the universe just by adapting to any attacks they might use. Assimilating celestials from lower and higher planes would definitely improve my standings in numbers