New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: I am constructing a superior Borg

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Andersom View Post
    I would absolutely say yes. There are certain outsiders that basically assimilate creatures from the prime material plane, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

However, there are clearly some species of creatures that would not be able to be assimilated. In this case the Borg would pretty much try to find a use technologically or it would eradicate it.

The Borg are a less interesting version of the Goa’uld from Stargate.
    Would they keep spell-like abilities, and some special qualities like change shape?
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.

I present Jazath and his Borg

A wise man once said "To be insane in an insane world is to be a DM!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, so now I am planning for the case of a disruption in the Borg mind. I'm thinking that Jazath could be used as a fail safe if such an event like a borg rebellion would occur.
    Using a psionically and magically enhanced Neural Implant I will be able to dominate every Borg in the universe personally, Just In Case, and give them all new orders to override any uprisings. The Special Implant will be fused to my divine essence, I will be able to activate and deactivate at will. It's control is completely one way meaning nothing can piggyback on to it into my mind. A safe precaution indeed.
    The Implant is extremely advanced in technology. A paragon of tech. It took Jazath 20 years to create it and figure out the kinks, but with it Jazath can 'See' through any Borg or Borg vessel in existence. As well peer into individual Borg functions.
    However there are some drawbacks. If someone else manages to get the implant they could control the Borg, giving new orders.
    Luckily, If I am ever separated the Implant self destructs. It's locked on to my quantum signature and accepts no other as it's own. Its like a DNA based interface.
    Then again, something could happen I have not foreseen. I'm curious is their any other way a rebellion or glitch be triggered?
    Our Borg is designed to ignore a paradox when it encounters one, simply storing the data for admin (That's me) To review. Borg ships are sub focal points for the collective. Two types of links: sublinks and links. Links are solidly established if a borg drone is in the same solar system of a Borg cube or similar Borg official location. A linked drone is part of a singular Borg entity, to talk to one drone with a link is to talk to every Borg. Think of Jazath and the Borg as two seperate beings. Jazath as Admin and the Borg as the follower and servitor.
    If the Borg Cube is not in the same solar system as a borg member, the drone will loose the base link but will ALWAYS retain a sublink. The sublink is not as strong as a primary link. Only thing it really allows is the collective to know the direction of the sublinked Borg, as well if it is danger or being held captive. The collective will send phase cloaked Borg to retrieve the Borg Drone(s)
    The Sublinked drone acts in it's designated manner. Attempting to gather information but ultimately find a way back to the collective. A group of Borg Drones away from the Borg cube will establish a link with each other, but the entire group also retains the sublink. A single sublinked Borg reverts to 33 Intelligence. But does not gain wisdom and automatically follows orders it was assigned. The sublinked borg drone loses the score when with multiple Borg and the small collective of Borg forms a more powerful mental link to reach longer distances,. The more Borg in a link the more powerful the sublink.

Also if the Borg are beamed with a Borg Collective Matrix they always will retain a link as long as the matrix is in the same solar system. A Matrix is located in the center of every Borg vessel or structure.
    Sublinked Borg not in the full collective will usually phase cloak and enter safe areas or places of interest. Analyzing and observing.
    Borg can obliterate any computer virus on command. Their links regenerate in practically picoseconds.

The original personalities of drones are eradicated during assimilation. Their knowledge and experience thrown into the pool that is the Borg. A sublinked drone is equipped with all skills at maximum ranks with their respective bonus's from their stats. If more Borg join their experiences add on. Increasing the Bonu's for skills and mental stats like will.
    So.....is this enough countermeasures? I know there would be something in the universe that could find a way the harm the collective or disrupt it. But this is the most we could think off

Maybe I should redo my attack on evermeet. Use a Borg ship instead and assimilate the elves to appease my sword (In the collective the sword has no say) Maybe a Borg fortress and collective could be established on Toril.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-16 at 02:31 PM.
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: I need help with constructing the Borg

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    ... I don't really know? Thousands? of solar systems for the material.
    ~3 cubic light years?
    Billions and billions!
    And this mass of course collapse into black hole.
    SMBH!
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-15 at 04:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I need their to be sufficient sized factory complexes to create an overwhelming amount of soldiers and weapons.
    You don't understand.
    Size of solar system filled substance with density of Sun will had mass of ~10^18 solar mass.
    Biggest known supermassive black hole has mass ~6,6*10^10 solar mass.
    Milky Way's mass ~4,8⋅10^11 solar mass.
    I.e. your Borg's base is 10 000 000 times heavier than our galaxy.

Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?
    Infinity d infinity + infinity.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-17 at 12:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
    You don't understand.
    Size of solar system filled substance with density of Sun will had mass of ~10^18 solar mass.
    Biggest known supermassive black hole has mass ~6,6*10^10 solar mass.
    Milky Way's mass ~4,8⋅10^11 solar mass.
    I.e. your Borg's base is 10 000 000 times heavier than our galaxy.

Infinity d infinity + infinity.
    Any spells or technology to eliminate weight?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

1. Weight != Mass
    2. Where did you take all this material?
    3. It seems not possible to eliminate weight or mass of ten millions galaxys.
    4. And I don't understand for what reason you want such absurd staff.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-18 at 10:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. Weight != Mass
    2. Where did you take all this material?
    3. It seems not possible to eliminate weight or mass of ten millions galaxys.
    4. And I don't understand for what reason you want such absurd staff.

I sent Borg ships called Converter cubes. Different from your standard Borg cube. They spread across the galaxy, converting entire planets to large hunks of nano enhanced Neutronium. Which we sent Borg Obelisks to harvest and transport the Neutronium into uninhabited dead space and began our construction. After that the material formated itself to serve as Borg alcoves. The more Borg the bigger the structure had to be made. When we filled up with Borg we needed to expand.
    We house over a trillion Borg Vessel docking ports and construction. We conduct experiments with planets, golems, plants, people, animals and all sorts of things. We have over a quadrillion Borg alcoves and have large vaults which house larger assimilated creatures. Like virtually all types of assimilated dragons, giants, hundred armed alien beings, we captured deities (over 12) where we are trying to assimilate them, I believe we're close!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

I recommend checking out the Half-Machine template (Dungeon #91 pg106).

Its basically a bunch of traps that apply the template to unwilling victims.

Its a real example of the most basic Borg idea in an actual D&D product.

Also, the idea that one might build those traps and recreate the process as a player is just delightful.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I sent Borg ships called Converter cubes. Different from your standard Borg cube. They spread across the galaxy, converting entire planets to large hunks of nano enhanced Neutronium. Which we sent Borg Obelisks to harvest and transport the Neutronium into uninhabited dead space and began our construction. After that the material formated itself to serve as Borg alcoves. The more Borg the bigger the structure had to be made. When we filled up with Borg we needed to expand.
    We house over a trillion Borg Vessel docking ports and construction. We conduct experiments with planets, golems, plants, people, animals and all sorts of things. We have over a quadrillion Borg alcoves and have large vaults which house larger assimilated creatures. Like virtually all types of assimilated dragons, giants, hundred armed alien beings, we captured deities (over 12) where we are trying to assimilate them, I believe we're close!
    Neutronium... I used density of Sun. Density of Neutronium is 10^15 times more than density of Sun. So you need collect not 10 millions of galaxies. You need 10^23 galaxies. Amount of galaxies in observable universe are 5*10^11. You need trillion of universes.
    You just don't understand the scope.

Size of Jupiter is more than enough for this purposes. Size of star if you want absurdly megalomanic construction.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-19 at 06:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Neutronium... I used density of Sun. Density of Neutronium is 10^15 times more than density of Sun. So you need collect not 10 millions of galaxies. You need 10^23 galaxies. Amount of galaxies in observable universe are 5*10^11. You need trillion of universes.
    You just don't understand the scope.

Size of Jupiter is more than enough for this purposes. Size of star if you want absurdly megalomanic construction.
    First of all, we constructed a docking bay to house over 48 planets that are much larger than Jupiter. Not only that but huge amounts of room for billions upon billions of borg machines to move through and operate. When we find a planet with unknown properties we can't identify or something interesting we surround the planet with over a hundred Borg Obelisk ships, and transport the sucker to the planet docking bay. Which is only a single section of the entire Borg complex.
    Second of all, Over 9 quadrillion borg drones need to be contained in this structure.
    Third of all, we encountered a world sized beholder called a world orb and needed an alcove for it to connect to outdoors in space. So we construct more.
    Fourth of all, we convert planets into the material we need. Eradicated thousands of solar systems and replicated more for re-harvesting.
    Fifth of all, we have a place were we harvest entire stars in sort of a Star Farm. Using them to power a super weapon of epic proportions.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-22 at 03:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Fourth of all, we convert planets into the material we need. Eradicated thousands of solar systems and replicated more for re-harvesting.
    Fifth of all, we have a place were we harvest entire stars in sort of a Star Farm. Using them to power a super weapon of epic proportions.
    Again. Thousands of solar systems isn't enough. Even millions or billions isn't enough (very very isn't) for build construction of this size. I wrote amount of material you need. You can't harvest it. This is absolutely absurd. If you somehow can - you don't need because you are absolutely powerful.

Second of all, Over 9 quadrillion borg drones need to be contained in this structure.
    Quadrillion is 1015 or 1024? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 1024 drons need 2*1025 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 1026 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 1027 = 1019 cubic kilometers.
    Volume of Sun is ~1,5*1018 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.

ERROR! ERROR!

1027 = 1018 cubic kilometers. Accordingly one Sun is enough.

If quadrillion is 1015 there is enough volume of Jupiter -1015 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.

we constructed a docking bay to house over 48 planets that are much larger than Jupiter.
    First. What for do you need docking bay for planets? Why they can't rotate on their orbits around the base?
    Second... You can house 10 000 Jupiters in volume of Sun. Ok, if we want some distance between they - 1 000 Jupiters. One of they can be your planet size beholder.

Volume of Sun is 1/1 000 000 000 000 of solar system's volume.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-23 at 09:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quadrillion is 10^15 or 10^24? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 10^24 drons need 2*10^25 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 10^26 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 10^27 = 10^19 cubic kilometers.
    Volume of Sun is ~1,5*10^18 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.
    If quadrillion is 10^15 there is enough volume of Jupiter -10^15 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.
    I'm grateful that someone with actual math skills is able to argue this point more professionally than me, since mine was basically "But solar system... really, really big".
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-02-23 at 08:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?
    There's no good reference for this. You could try the Immortal's Handbook, but you could also compare modern predictions about the material strength of that stuff compared to materials in the DMG. Note that science no longer expects neutron star interiors to be a uniform substance, i.e. neutronium, but different phases where neutrons get packed together in different shapes as the pressure increases towards the star's core. These various phases are referred to as "nuclear pasta" as a whole.

Neutronium is difficult to work with. If your DM rules that it will exist at ambient pressure, great. If it doesn't, you'll have to encase it in Riverine or something to keep it at neutron star pressures--and if that pressure is released, it's going to explode with the force of a dying star (because that's exactly where you get neutronium from). Charge-neutral udQM might be stable at ambient pressure, though.

You want a Planar Bubble or equivalent, tuned to a plane with no gravity, and somehow encompassing the entire ship. You're gonna need this effect heavily protected, with at least six redundant backups. This is because, in a plane with normal gravity, you can't normally put together a solar system-sized chunk of neutronium--that stuff's event horizon will expand past its actual volume before you get to even 100 kilometers wide, i.e. will become a black hole, and you'll have to start over. You have to cut gravity out of the equation, which will be tricky, because gravity is how neutronium is created in the first place.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Again. Thousands of solar systems isn't enough. Even millions or billions isn't enough (very very isn't) for build construction of this size. I wrote amount of material you need. You can't harvest it. This is absolutely absurd. If you somehow can - you don't need because you are absolutely powerful.
    Alright, fair point. I'll just say we visited and harvested other universes once upon a time. Ravaged different planes of existence. Each layer of a plane is supposedly infinite, so that might work.

Quadrillion is 1015 or 1024? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 1024 drons need 2*1025 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 1026 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 1027 = 1019 cubic kilometers.
    Volume of Sun is ~1,5*1018 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.

ERROR! ERROR!

1027 = 1018 cubic kilometers. Accordingly one Sun is enough.

If quadrillion is 1015 there is enough volume of Jupiter -1015 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.
    Alright, so it won't be big as a solar system. Just a massive star like beetljuice.

First. What for do you need docking bay for planets? Why they can't rotate on their orbits around the base?
    Second... You can house 10 000 Jupiters in volume of Sun. Ok, if we want some distance between they - 1 000 Jupiters. One of they can be your planet size beholder.

Volume of Sun is 1/1 000 000 000 000 of solar system's volume.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so maybe it will be around the size of a very large star, maybe NML Cygni?
    We would prefer to keep them in a large "room" of sorts, surrounded by absurdly large equipment. Just they way we want it. We rule a large quadrant in the galaxy, devoid of planets (We converted them all) and replaced them with Dyson Spheres, Unicomplexes, Borg defense nodes/Patrols, you know.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-23 at 11:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    There's no good reference for this. You could try the Immortal's Handbook, but you could also compare modern predictions about the material strength of that stuff compared to materials in the DMG. Note that science no longer expects neutron star interiors to be a uniform substance, i.e. neutronium, but different phases where neutrons get packed together in different shapes as the pressure increases towards the star's core. These various phases are referred to as "nuclear pasta" as a whole.
    To be honest, science never held in D&d. So throw it out the window.

Neutronium is difficult to work with. If your DM rules that it will exist at ambient pressure, great. If it doesn't, you'll have to encase it in Riverine or something to keep it at neutron star pressures--and if that pressure is released, it's going to explode with the force of a dying star (because that's exactly where you get neutronium from). Charge-neutral udQM might be stable at ambient pressure, though.
    Good thing it exists by itself. Star Trek physics

You want a Planar Bubble or equivalent, tuned to a plane with no gravity, and somehow encompassing the entire ship. You're gonna need this effect heavily protected, with at least six redundant backups. This is because, in a plane with normal gravity, you can't normally put together a solar system-sized chunk of neutronium--that stuff's event horizon will expand past its actual volume before you get to even 100 kilometers wide, i.e. will become a black hole, and you'll have to start over. You have to cut gravity out of the equation, which will be tricky, because gravity is how neutronium is created in the first place .
    We might not need to eliminate gravity.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dear Sir,
    As intrigued as I am by your suggestions, I read your characters level writeup and find that he is a Phane level 600 wizard.

You are cognizant of the fact, good sir, that is is enough to kill every god in the Deities and Demigods book if they were all attacking at once right?

What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)? Why is he waiting until level 625 to do this?

As much as I love his "thinking big", 600 levels of wizard at Phane LA is just silly.

Sincerely,
    Me
    All Classes Matter

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Alright, fair point. I'll just say we visited and harvested other universes once upon a time. Ravaged different planes of existence. Each layer of a plane is supposedly infinite, so that might work.
    Even you have enough material, you don't have enough time.

Alright, so it won't be big as a solar system. Just a massive star like beetljuice.
    This having more meaning.

We would prefer to keep them in a large "room" of sorts, surrounded by absurdly large equipment.
    Why? You are afraid of possibility than planet run away?

We rule a large quadrant in the galaxy, devoid of planets (We converted them all) and replaced them with Dyson Spheres, Unicomplexes, Borg defense nodes/Patrols, you know.
    Ok. What purpose has your base? Only to be VERY VERY BIG?
    Because everything else does not require such a huge single construction.

To be honest, science never held in D&D.
    It's not about science, it's about suppression of disbelief.

We might not need to eliminate gravity.
    You might. Maximum mass of neutron star is 2.16 solar masses, this is ~20 km sphere of neutronium. If you will take more, you will create black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro2119 View Post
    What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)?
    Kill Lady of Pain maybe?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dear Sir,
    As intrigued as I am by your suggestions, I read your characters level writeup and find that he is a Phane level 600 wizard.

You are cognizant of the fact, good sir, that is is enough to kill every god in the Deities and Demigods book if they were all attacking at once right?

What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)? Why is he waiting until level 625 to do this?

As much as I love his "thinking big", 600 levels of wizard at Phane LA is just silly.

Sincerely,
    Me
    He is not "Just Building this." It's part of his backstory. He and his Borg have been around for tens of thousands of years. We just thought it an interesting idea to create a Borg for a Pc to operate while not pulling punches. He did design it when he got around level 400. The character was in development a few months ago. We still are working out all the endless kinks
    I understand that a battle between all the gods we could win. But other enemies exist such as overgods, Sentient universes, And hyper-beings who exist outside reality. Our greatest threat would be the far realm. Which is a place against the order we impose and threatens a Borg link
    Well, first of all many things he can do a level 20 wizard couldn't do. Could you conjure a star at level twenty, make a quickened version of most epic spells, deal 450d20 damage in a single attack, enslave worlds, create spells for godhood? Some things a simple level 20 can't do. Usually though it's just larger numbers and bigger damage being dealt on absurd levels. But that's what we like.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Even you have enough material, you don't have enough time.
    The Borg are 18,056 years old.

This having more meaning.

Why? You are afraid of possibility than planet run away?
    No, though I'm afraid of keeping and orbit and out in space. A docking bay for planets sounds absurd. But I think it's pretty cool.

Ok. What purpose has your base? Only to be VERY VERY BIG?
    Because everything else does not require such a huge single construction.
    Then why build a death star? It's function is to serve Borg with alcoves in the quadrillions, manufacture more ships, experiment with captured ships, experiment on planet sized beings or objects, experiments in general, Living quarters for me in a small area. Just pretty much everything. Building something massive as this shows power beyond comprehension. Who wants to tackle an adversary with such a ludicrous base of operations? It's massive, awesome, and overwhelming. I find these all delightful!

You might. Maximum mass of neutron star is 2.16 solar masses, this is ~20 km sphere of neutronium. If you will take more, you will create black hole.
    We say that the nano-enhanced neutronium is designed to NOT collapse.

Kill Lady of Pain maybe?
    Irrelevant.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-23 at 01:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding the "time" problem and putting aside gravity for the moment, if you have A) a scalable way to generate neutronium from spells instead of needing to harvest* it from somewhere, B) a scalable way to traverse planes, and C) the administration to coordinate the process, you could make as large of a structure as you want. As you said, planes are infinite. You could just start building a cube/Borg-habitat somewhere in the Astral Plane, then when you have enough Borg-like builders to start a new project, just take them to a new spot in the Astral Plane. It'd work like cell division, with each Borg habitat working on generating another one, in addition to farming the neutronium. Repeat this process with exponential growth, until you have enough to make your cosmic-scale structure.

Of the requirements, B is trivial at your level and C is inherent to your subjects being Borg. It's A that's the kicker.

*From stars, I mean, but if you wanted a magic neutron tree that grows star fruits, I'm sure you could whip one up.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Regarding the "time" problem and putting aside gravity for the moment, if you have A) a scalable way to generate neutronium from spells instead of needing to harvest* it from somewhere, B) a scalable way to traverse planes, and C) the administration to coordinate the process, you could make as large of a structure as you want. As you said, planes are infinite. You could just start building a cube/Borg-habitat somewhere in the Astral Plane, then when you have enough Borg-like builders to start a new project, just take them to a new spot in the Astral Plane. It'd work like cell division, with each Borg habitat working on generating another one, in addition to farming the neutronium. Repeat this process with exponential growth, until you have enough to make your cosmic-scale structure.

Of the requirements, B is trivial at your level and C is inherent to your subjects being Borg. It's A that's the kicker.

*From stars, I mean, but if you wanted a magic neutron tree that grows star fruits, I'm sure you could whip one up.
    That sounds swell, but adds to our eternal puzzlement. Now we must decide what other planes of existence would be ideal for us to colonize. I'm thinking we should inhabit multiple layers of the abyss far separated from massive colonies of fiends, carceri would be an ideal place to convert more Neutronium and to set large complexes.
    We should target limbo for elimination and assimilation since it's just chaos. And our Borg must control chaos.
    The higher planes would be ysgard and a few others. Maybe we have a hand in nearly every plane of existence. Constantly forming and expanding.
    We could set up fort in the Astral plane, but I was leaning toward the prime material for our MAIN mother ship to reside in, just in case the planes collapse, which would prove very bad since the Borg Omnimatrix resides in the main base and helps keep the collective perfectly running.
    Without it I would lose the ability to connect with Borg and ships they would disconnect from each other. Anarchy basically. Cell division is a great way of explaining their expansion. Consider us a full out plague to intelligent life with no known cure.

The Astral plane would allow us to monitor every plane, even maybe finding away to breach private demiplanes. Breaching every demiplane? That gives me shivers of excitement. Is such a thing possible through technology and/or magic?
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-23 at 03:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The Borg are 18,056 years old.
    Several dozen zeros are lacking.

No, though I'm afraid of keeping and orbit and out in space. A docking bay for planets sounds absurd. But I think it's pretty cool.
    No, it isn't cool.

If you can build THIS, there are no difference for you docking bay, orbit, another arm of the galaxy. 600+ lvl wizard? All in galaxy are like in your back yard. Try to drag everything in "docking bay" is not how 600+ lvl wizard should think.

Build demiplan, let planets rotate there. No neutronium can be an obstacle more defensive that border between planes.

Then why build a death star?
    There is no good reason.

It's function is to serve Borg with alcoves in the quadrillions, manufacture more ships, experiment with captured ships, experiment on planet sized beings or objects, experiments in general, Living quarters for me in a small area. Just pretty much everything. Building something massive as this shows power beyond comprehension. Who wants to tackle an adversary with such a ludicrous base of operations? It's massive, awesome, and overwhelming. I find these all delightful!
    All this goals you can reach with much less cost.

We say that the nano-enhanced neutronium is designed to NOT collapse.
    No.
    First of all, neutrons are less than "nano". ~1000 times less.
    Second... Suppose you can. Do you know how this looks like? Like you nail nails with e-microscope and armed miniature H-bomb alternately.
    Basically, nothing prevents you from making kitchen utensils from diamonds. But anybody who do it, looks as last fool.

Is such a thing possible through technology and/or magic?
    First. No.
    Second. If you build solar size objects from neutronium, there are no impossible. But you whatever build solar size objects from neutronium.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-24 at 05:44 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

He is not "Just Building this." It's part of his backstory. He and his Borg have been around for tens of thousands of years. We just thought it an interesting idea to create a Borg for a Pc to operate while not pulling punches. He did design it when he got around level 400. The character was in development a few months ago. We still are working out all the endless kinks
    I understand that a battle between all the gods we could win. But other enemies exist such as overgods, Sentient universes, And hyper-beings who exist outside reality. Our greatest threat would be the far realm. Which is a place against the order we impose and threatens a Borg link
    Well, first of all many things he can do a level 20 wizard couldn't do. Could you conjure a star at level twenty, make a quickened version of most epic spells, deal 450d20 damage in a single attack, enslave worlds, create spells for godhood? Some things a simple level 20 can't do. Usually though it's just larger numbers and bigger damage being dealt on absurd levels. But that's what we like.
    You could do all those things at level 30 at most. With a PC race! Remember, you tacked all this onto a phane of all things.

Far Realm? Dude-- your guy can just kill Azathoth at this point (if no other reason than his sheer cheese-ness causes the GM to give up the game and say you win). What could conceivably challenge him? How did he even get all that xp?
    Last edited by Destro2119; 2021-02-24 at 07:49 AM.
    All Classes Matter

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Several dozen zeros are lacking.
    A wizard did it

No, it isn't cool.
    Isn't "Cool" a matter of opinion?

If you can build THIS, there are no difference for you docking bay, orbit, another arm of the galaxy. 600+ lvl wizard? All in galaxy are like in your back yard. Try to drag everything in "docking bay" is not how 600+ lvl wizard should think.
    I guess is a new battle on my front. Does it make a difference of what I build? I am an insanely powerful creature with a lot of time on my hands. He built it because he was bored, not only that: It's really hard for someone like me to think on a level like Jazath. But I'm going to try because it's challenging for me to be in that set of mind.
    Build demiplan, let planets rotate there. No neutronium can be an obstacle more defensive that border between planes.
    I'll do something like that maybe. Perhaps the docking bay actually is made up of large portals leading to these demiplanes. Where we store worlds and interesting things

No.
    First of all, neutrons are less than "nano". ~1000 times less.
    Second... Suppose you can. Do you know how this looks like? Like you nail nails with e-microscope and armed miniature H-bomb alternately.
    Basically, nothing prevents you from making kitchen utensils from diamonds. But anybody who do it, looks as last fool.
    We're making up a few new laws of reality. Nuetronium is a cool material, a episode of a Dyson Sphere made out of the stuff inspired me to create the immense complex. But it seems aggravating to reason with a matter already decided. Just let me have my fun. I'm constructing Op Borg, not diving into the pointless laws of physics I find unamusing

First. No.
    Second. If you build solar size objects from neutronium, there are no impossible. But you whatever build solar size objects from neutronium.
    Hmm? Your grammar is starting to confuse me.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

You could do all those things at level 30 at most. With a PC race! Remember, you tacked all this onto a phane of all things.

Far Realm? Dude-- your guy can just kill Azathoth at this point (if no other reason than his sheer cheese-ness causes the GM to give up the game and say you win). What could conceivably challenge him? How did he even get all that xp?
    I'm afraid there is no going back, we picked out an interesting race I have not played before and built on it. All the stats have been crafted and designed to perfection. It would be a waste to start over.
    In our campaign a greater Overgod rules over every layer of the far realm. He poses a threat we can't adapt to easily, and could deal millions of damage by simply attacking. He is bound and trapped in his realm, however, so that gives us comfort. But we need to figure out how to destroy or capture him.
    Also, beings on the far realm do not follow the normal laws of physics. Which we have never maintained a stable link in the far realm for long. It gets disrupted every time. Too much flux.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm afraid there is no going back, we picked out an interesting race I have not played before and built on it. All the stats have been crafted and designed to perfection. It would be a waste to start over.
    In our campaign a greater Overgod rules over every layer of the far realm. He poses a threat we can't adapt to easily, and could deal millions of damage by simply attacking. He is bound and trapped in his realm, however, so that gives us comfort. But we need to figure out how to destroy or capture him.
    Also, beings on the far realm do not follow the normal laws of physics. Which we have never maintained a stable link in the far realm for long. It gets disrupted every time. Too much flux.
    So how did he get that high level? How long has he even existed (OoC)?
    Last edited by Destro2119; 2021-02-24 at 01:40 PM.
    All Classes Matter

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

So how did he get that high level? How long has he even existed (OoC)?
    We created him a few months ago, We tried asking the question in another thread and finally hammered out how long he has been around.
    This is our answer
    Jazath is 56,006,290 years old, Creating his superior borg when he was 55,988,234.
    He has killed multiple pantheons, fought world ending threats. Faced entities and anomalies, and completed evil quests to earn xp. Among other things.
    He now sits, brooding in his main borg complex/omnimatrix. Discovering new universes and, every once in a blue moon, a new threat
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-24 at 01:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would they keep spell-like abilities, and some special qualities like change shape?
    I would argue no, as programming of the Borg would originally have to had that in the programming. There is a reason we pretty much only see Two-Armed and Two-Legged Borg.

All that other stuff about material concerns.
    The Borg work on a nano level technologically speaking, and magic is purely based on knowledge (intelligence) in most game settings.

You don’t need galaxies of material to do what your are trying to do, ignore common math calculations, they are absolutely lacking, because this isn’t the real world, it is a game, and the game has magic which can overcompensate for the extra material.

All matter is made up of Electrons, Protons, and Neutrons. When you keep breaking them down smaller and smaller you reach particles of energy. Energy is abundant more so than material, just convert it to material, how do you think Minor/Major Creation Spells work, so you create a solution that is a cross between Technology and Magic.

Program a set of Nanites as Material Producers with the ability to use Minor/Major Creation and Permanency to create new Raw Materials.
    ||
    \/
    Materials are then broken down by Nanite Builders and used to create new Nanite Producers and Builders.
    ||
    \/
    Then you have Nanite Repurposers who use Transmutation magic to change designated Raw Materials into what is needed or change Producers into Builders or Builders into Producers or either into a Repurposer to control maximizing the exponential models of creation.

This production chain will solve all material needs.
    Last edited by MR_Anderson; 2021-02-24 at 04:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Riverrine is weightless if you don't fill it with water, I think, which may help prevent the black hole problem. Doesn't matter how strong your neutronium structure is, the intense gravity would still prevent anything leaving and would crush anything onboard (like those planets in the docking bays) into atomic dust.

Sure, as a magical effect it's vulnerable to certain things, but non-magical neutronium is theoretically as vulnerable to Disintegrate or Passwall as non-magical stone would be. Probably you want a large number of layers of different substances (magic, non-magic, living, non-living, matter, energy) as a wall for anything important.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Riverrine is weightless if you don't fill it with water, I think, which may help prevent the black hole problem. Doesn't matter how strong your neutronium structure is, the intense gravity would still prevent anything leaving and would crush anything onboard (like those planets in the docking bays) into atomic dust.

Sure, as a magical effect it's vulnerable to certain things, but non-magical neutronium is theoretically as vulnerable to Disintegrate or Passwall as non-magical stone would be. Probably you want a large number of layers of different substances (magic, non-magic, living, non-living, matter, energy) as a wall for anything important.
    The neutronium does regenerate by the will of the collective. Maybe using magical enhancement generators or generate an immense one-sided wall of force so we can use weapons against anybody idiotic enough to assault us. We have a selective anti-magic field which works wonders.
    We solved the anti-gravity issue by having multiple moon sized anti-gravity generators all around the complex within pocket dimensions. That will help out the gravity force be nonexistent. Riverrine hasn't been discovered yet so far, and I don't think we could work with that particular substance. Though maybe if we discover it we could send it to a borg lab and analyze it.