New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I am constructing a superior Borg

Are there any more how-to questions that need to be solved?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Are there any more how-to questions that need to be solved?
    Where should I put Titans, Giants, and Dragons in the Main Omnicomplex? Is it possible to preserve a dragons flight ability and breath weapons?

What could be a suitable CR for the Borg we created?
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.

I present Jazath and his Borg

A wise man once said "To be insane in an insane world is to be a DM!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Where should I put Titans, Giants, and Dragons in the Main Omnicomplex? Is it possible to preserve a dragons flight ability and breath weapons?

What could be a suitable CR for the Borg we created?
    The complex sounds big enough that space in not an issue in housing them, and there does not appear to be any reason that you can't retain those features of dragons. If you're looking for biological justifications for keeping those traits, there's some stuff in Draconomicon about how dragons work.

The challenge ratings of your Borg look like they'd be above 20, which is past the point where CR becomes arbitrary because capabilities between characters diverge so much. For example, standard Borg could be pretty scary for a low-optimization party, given how beefy its defenses are, but that one Borg can't do much against flying targets--it, itself, does not have a fly speed. But by WotC's standards, somewhere in the low 30s sounds about right for a CR.

Since these guys are the Borg, though, assigning a CR to an individual does not make a lot of sense--they'd call for backup. And what you've told us about your game, setting, and scope of threats you plan to challenge, I say to go big or go home: assign a CR to the entire collective.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    The complex sounds big enough that space in not an issue in housing them, and there does not appear to be any reason that you can't retain those features of dragons. If you're looking for biological justifications for keeping those traits, there's some stuff in Draconomicon about how dragons work.

The challenge ratings of your Borg look like they'd be above 20, which is past the point where CR becomes arbitrary because capabilities between characters diverge so much. For example, standard Borg could be pretty scary for a low-optimization party, given how beefy its defenses are, but that one Borg can't do much against flying targets--it, itself, does not have a fly speed. But by WotC's standards, somewhere in the low 30s sounds about right for a CR.

Since these guys are the Borg, though, assigning a CR to an individual does not make a lot of sense--they'd call for backup. And what you've told us about your game, setting, and scope of threats you plan to challenge, I say to go big or go home: assign a CR to the entire collective.
    Entire....how, in the Nine Hells, would I assign an entire CR to the collective? So many types of powerful and yet standard drones.

Also, I was meaning should large to colossal be lumped in with the other drones, or put in a separate area reserved for those of that size.
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-26 at 10:53 AM.
    All hail Jazath, Creator and Administrator of The Borg. They will bring order to this chaotic omniverse and impose their absolute will upon all creation.
    Those who stand in the way of Jazath and his Borg will be dealt with violently and efficiently.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have quick-and-easy teleportation for your large drones, you can separate them. Otherwise, mix them in with the rest of the army.

As for assigning a CR, at that point, there is no authority on power levels that high, and it's specific to your game. The only points of reference are your characters, so...can Jazath take on the collective right now? Could he do it back at level 400? If the answers are "yes" and "no", then the CR would be somewhere between about 430 and 630. Just figure out where in Jazath's development that started being possible, add a fudge factor to his level to account for being a Phane, and that's about the CR you're looking at.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

What sort of protocols and equipment can be used when capturing deities?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: I need help with constructing the Borg

Hmm? Your grammar is starting to confuse me.
    Sorry, I'm not native speaker.

You can do anything in your game. I just want to point out one fact. Wizard-600 can do much more.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Andersom View Post
    Program a set of Nanites as Material Producers with the ability to use Minor/Major Creation and Permanency to create new Raw Materials.
    600 cu. ft. of Iridium (~22 000=~2.2*104 kg) by 10 minutes.

You can create mass of Sun (~10 km radius sphere of neutronium) in this manner by only ~1026 spells. Hm... 0.5*1020 years... Hmm... Good plan!

Entire....how, in the Nine Hells, would I assign an entire CR to the collective? So many types of powerful and yet standard drones.
    CR = Infinity. Standard D&D rules don't work well on such a scale.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2021-02-27 at 11:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not native speaker.

You can do anything in your game. I just want to point out one fact. Wizard-600 can do much more.
    I understand. My apologizes.
    Yeah, a level 600 wizard can do more, however, maybe he was lower level when he constructed the Borg. Now he relaxes in his creation with a lazy streak

Alright, new age or the Borg.
    Jazath will be 56,006,290 years old. Creating his superior borg when he was 27,003,234
    Meaning the Borg are around 29,003,056 years old. We think they own entire quadrants of the Galaxy, and infest multiple other galaxies. A setback 18,000 years ago we named "The Dark Rebellion." Was a moment the Borg spun out of control, waging war with each other. As well as other significant moments in history.

Program a set of Nanites as Material Producers with the ability to use Minor/Major Creation and Permanency to create new Raw Materials.
    Absolutely. We discussed it and it sounds perfect for our occupation
    We'll call them Enhanced-Nanite Reproducers They work in large Nanocolonies Inside the main Borg Omnicomplex. Thous they are sometimes found in unimatrix's, creating new materials we need for ships and help expand the Borg Ship. Nanocolonies are driven by the collective. Like a drone.
    They work with perfected Replicators (On a PL 8 technological level where they manipulate and replicate on an Atomic Level) and create neutronium. Which they create more Borg ships and help expand the complex(s)
    Last edited by Jazath; 2021-02-27 at 12:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Should the cutting beam basically be a disintegrator? A scientific version of the disintegration spell that has the same effects?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
    600 cu. ft. of Iridium (~22 000=~2.2*104 kg) by 10 minutes.

You can create mass of Sun (~10 km radius sphere of neutronium) in this manner by only ~1026 spells. Hm... 0.5*1020 years... Hmm... Good plan!
    I wasn’t looking at the wizard casting the spells, that would be far below his best use every day. Instead it would be the wizard that creates low level automatons that only have the ability to create/covert material and then create more automatons to forever speed up the process exponentially.

The millions of years could turn into thousands of years depending on the scale. I didn’t math it out, but doubling production each day of the cycle gets galactic quickly, and that isn’t even taking into consideration an 8 hour cycle instead of a 24 hour cycle.

This is the formula for something scary dominating and spreading faster than a hero or group of heroes in a story could fight single handily.

Absolutely. We discussed it and it sounds perfect for our occupation
    We'll call them Enhanced-Nanite Reproducers They work in large Nanocolonies Inside the main Borg Omnicomplex. Thous they are sometimes found in unimatrix's, creating new materials we need for ships and help expand the Borg Ship. Nanocolonies are driven by the collective. Like a drone.
    They work with perfected Replicators (On a PL 8 technological level where they manipulate and replicate on an Atomic Level) and create neutronium. Which they create more Borg ships and help expand the complex(s)
    Due to the nature of how fast this replication can grow, it can become a solves everything tactic. Thus, I would really limit it, and other Borg units then would use the materials, just like you described.

Glad you liked the idea.

My question is, at what point does the wizard wake up from his dream of controlling the Universe?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

My question is, at what point does the wizard wake up from his dream of controlling the Universe?
    When he becomes a Time Lord and embodies the entire Universe.
    Then I will go after other universes, Dreams do come true

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

When he becomes a Time Lord and embodies the entire Universe.
    Then I will go after other universes, Dreams do come true
    👍

Well, dream big right?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Anderson View Post
    👍

Well, dream big right?
    Go Big or Go Home.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Anderson View Post
    I wasn’t looking at the wizard casting the spells, that would be far below his best use every day. Instead it would be the wizard that creates low level automatons that only have the ability to create/covert material and then create more automatons to forever speed up the process exponentially.

The millions of years could turn into thousands of years depending on the scale. I didn’t math it out, but doubling production each day of the cycle gets galactic quickly, and that isn’t even taking into consideration an 8 hour cycle instead of a 24 hour cycle.
    1020 isn't million, but I see. Yes, he can.

But... D&D isn't suitable system. It was created for other goals. Of course nobody will imprison for that.