New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Falcon & Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    As an aside, I'm still sad Null Pietro was not real (call him Null because he wasn't real Pietro/Quicksilver).
    I liked the X-Men's Qicksilver actor.
    Agreed. I would have *loved* to see him join the MCU.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    The thing about WV is that explaining what happened there doesn't actually take that much effort; it only feels a lot more complicated than it is simply because we spent more than half of it in as much of a daze as she herself was, trying to piece it all together.

Once you know that she has the powers of a cosmic force, and a series of consecutive traumas in her life caused that power to go haywire and create a pocket reality, you can focus on just the few details of said pocket reality that mattered and disregard the (many) red herrings and extraneous details that came with it. She brought her destroyed synthezoid husband back to life, had kids with him that went away when the anomaly did, attracted the attention of both a malevolent ancient witch and a shady government organization, and so on. Monica herself (or some other witness like Darcy) can explain her own origin.
    I was making a joke. I could easilly see a parody skit like the American Dad bit where two guys are in a cell, one guy asks the other what he is in for, and the guy says he assaulted Scott Bakula. The other guy asks who that is, and he says its the star of Quantum Leap. The other guy asks what Quantum Leap is, and then the entire five minute skit is just trying to explain the premise of Quantum Leap to his increasingly confused cellmate.

That being said, Wandavision is pretty darned confusing. I really liked the show, but even watching it a second time I probably understood less than half of what was happening. Honestly, it was more confusing the second time because the first time I assumed I knew what was happening and trusted it would be revealed in the end.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    I was making a joke. I could easilly see a parody skit like the American Dad bit where two guys are in a cell, one guy asks the other what he is in for, and the guy says he assaulted Scott Bakula. The other guy asks who that is, and he says its the star of Quantum Leap. The other guy asks what Quantum Leap is, and then the entire five minute skit is just trying to explain the premise of Quantum Leap to his increasingly confused cellmate.

That being said, Wandavision is pretty darned confusing. I really liked the show, but even watching it a second time I probably understood less than half of what was happening. Honestly, it was more confusing the second time because the first time I assumed I knew what was happening and trusted it would be revealed in the end.
    I mean, basic premise:
    Wanda saddened by loss of her fiancé (Vision) creates utopian life like the sitcoms she saw as a small child (parents raise her on 50/60/70's shows). Which was pretty wholesome and helped her learned American culture.
    She raises Vision to life and tries to live like the Sitcoms. To do this she had to take over a town.
    While this happened the military/SHIELD was trying to stop her and save the town.
    Spoiler
    Show

What Wanda didn't know was the town was in a warlock's home (Agatha, Warlock meaning betraying witch) and Agatha was manipulating everything to go bad.
    Eventually, Wanda figures out Warlock Agatha was trouble after she kidnaped Wanda's "kids".
    They fight and Wanda eventually wins.

Pretty simple.