Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 109
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    It is a warm summer night. The town of Longacre sits just outside the fringes of the Whisperwood. A few lights shine in the streets and windows, and the occasional snippet of conversation or laughter issues from open doors, but here on the outskirts of town, the night is quiet and dark. Sparse clouds scud across the sky, momentarily obscuring the dim light from the moon overhead. Across a scrubby field, barely distinguishable under the starry sky, a darkened, fortlike compound hunches in the distance.

    Cimri points toward the dim structure. She is young woman with short, dark hair, dressed in leather armor and carrying a few more knives than a person has hands to stab with.
    “That’s it—Louslik Tannery. Here’s the job: We break in, sack Ol’ Louslik’s office, take whatever’s shiny, and get out before the sheriff shows up. If we get separated, meet back at the Ash House by dawn.”

    Dull moonlight glints across her dagger as she flicks it in emphasis. “If you get pinched, remember: you’re mute. Keep your mouth shut, and I’ll handle things. I got assurances that we won’t take any blame if things go south. But get chatty and I’ll let you rot.” A beat passes and her usual crooked smirk appears. “If you don’t screw things up, we’ll all be drinking on Razelago’s coin come dawn. Let’s do this.”

    You've joined up at the hill overlooking the Louslik Tannery and the fields surrounding it, off the road. Some distance South of Longacre, enough that any help should find all of you long gone.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Jagan Harsk

    Jagan hung back, the deep cloak pulled up high shadowing most of his face but the bow on his back and the pair of blades (one long and one short) at his waist suggest he is a warrior. With a thin face and lean frame he moves easily and cautiously as he nods at Cimri's words. "Aye, straight in, loot, get out." he nods and then slowly follows here trying to keep low, the bow handy and an arrow nocked.

    He glanced at his companions making sure to flank out wide to right to keep any escape options open to him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Stealth (1d20+6)[14]
    Perception (1d20+5)[6]

    Jagan Harsk
    M LE Human Slayer (Executioner), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longsword +4 (+2) (1d8+3, 19-20)
    Kukri +4 (+2) (1d4+3 (+1), 18-20)
    Light Crossbow (20) 4 (1d8, 19-20)
    Leather Lamellar (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Casidy looking at her companions, looking at all the options for entry into the Tannery, searching with her eyes for any signs of life in the building.

    Spoiler: Cassidy
    Show

    Cassidy
    female LE Sentinel, Level 1, Init 1, HP 16/16, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW. Longsword 7 (1d8+4, 19-20x2)
    Kikko Armor (+6 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Gull

    Gull eyes the rest of the crew, then turns to Cimri. "Alright. Solid plan. And don't worry about me snitching. Only good snitch is a dead snitch." She takes a good look around.

    "With a crew this size I'm expecting there'll be plenty to rob. So do we just bust down the door or are we going in all sneaky-burglary? Because I don't know if everyone here is prepared for that." The half-elf eyes the more heavily armored Cassidy. "May be a lot of clonking going on."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[16]
    Stealth: (1d20+3)[7]

    Gull
    Half-Elf Ranger (Nature's Blade) NE HP 11 / 11 Speed ft Init 6
    AC 17 Fort 3 Ref 6 Will 2 CMB +3 BAB 1
    Elven Curve Blade +5 (1d10+4, 18-20/x2)
    Shortbow +5 (1d6, x3)
    Dagger +5 (1d4+3, 19-20/x2) Str 15 (2) Dex 18 (4) Con 12 (1) Wis 15 (2) Int 12 (1) Cha 11 (0)
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2021-02-12 at 04:34 PM.
    Characters in play:

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Sarina wasn't quite sure why she was here, and how's she'd fallen into becoming a scoundrel doing breaking and entering. But it was a starting point. It looked like a good crew, at least a few of them looked at home at this sort of thing. She straightened her pose, and rested her hand on the blade with a bit of slack, the way she'd been taught she was supposed to do to inspire courage in her underlings, but in truth it was more effective to hide her own insecurities. She'd even drawn some charcoal across her face, the way she assumed cutthroats and burglars did.

    She wasn't amused at the apparent lack of planning, but perhaps this was an opportunity, and you were supposed to make the most of them. "The Ovicii don't snitch." She stated simply. She could feel whatever was lurking inside her blooming up, but she suppressed it - she had best preserve her power. Looking to Jagan and Gull, who beyond Cimri, seemed like the most experienced in these sort of deals she gave them a nod, indicating that she'd follow whatever plan they concocted.

    Spoiler: Sarina
    Show

    Sarina
    F Lawful Evil Human Eliciter (Empathic Duelist), Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 30
    AC 15, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 10, Fort 2, Ref 4, Will 2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Dueling sword +2 (1d8-2, 19-20/x2)
    Fire Blast +2 (Ranged touch) (1d6, x2), also Catch Fire (+5 vs Ref, 1d6 per round until extinguished) and Fear (+5 vs Will)
    Unarmoured Training (+3 Armor)
    Spell Points: 7/7 (+7 with Mind Sphere, +5 otherwise)
    Empathic Duelist: 3/3 (+7 vs Will)

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Looking at Gull, you have a point there but whether sneaky or not you may end up grateful to have me around
    Perception: (1d20+4)[9]
    Stealth: (1d20-2)[6]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]


    Talmar was not unused to doing odd jobs for people, after all his mother had always taught him to respect the other nobles and to sit and listen for you often learned more when you simply seemed to agree with someone. However his fathers strict teachings of the law and not breaking it were one of the things both his parents always agreed upon, so when he was asked by Lazzero to help Cimri with a task he expected it to fall into the lines of the law, however as he heard the job the man grew uneasy. It was bad enough the man couldn't see anything to save his life and had to rely on his Eidolon to guide him to find their meeting spot, but breaking and entering simply to steal from someone who was a member of his country simply wasn't right.

    Seeing no one else had any qualms with this job he spoke up, "Cimri I was under the impression helping you would be doing a service to the empire and thus my family, how does stealing from some tanner do any of these things? Better yet why are we stealing from him? Who is this Razelago you speak of as well?" Talmar asks, making it known he would not simply do something because he was told to, he was a leader, and would one day command armies of devils, he could not show weakness even now and simply follow commands from a nobody in his eyes.

    By the noble's side, though slightly behind him stood a large red skinned figure that was clearly not of this world. It's claws looked more like shortswords how large they were, and the wicked looking Glaive-Guisarme in its hands made it clear that it was no simple advisor from the lower planes either.

    Spoiler: Skill checks
    Show

    Razelago Knowledge Nobility (1d20+4)[20]


    Spoiler: Eidolon
    Show
    I'm thinking it looks like a cross between a Boneclaw and a Bearded devil for a rough idea.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Gull

    The half-elf grins at Cassidy as she extends a hand. "I'm grateful already." She winks.

    "Call me Gull. What do I call you Clonky?" After shaking Cassidy's hand, Gull turns around to the rest. "How about the rest of you? Have you got names? And what in the hells is that thing? That's definitely going to draw attention," she says, pointing at Talmar's eidolon.
    Characters in play:

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "That's right" Cimri nods to Jagan. "People should've gone home for the night."

    She turns to Gull. "Not just the loot either. It's a job. Just a little left of the law kind of job. But also the kind with pay."

    Talmar's words prompt her to narrow her eyes a little before her grin returns. "See here, Talmar, we are doing a service to the Empire. You see. ol' Louslik's not been paying his dues. Or so our man says. He just needs proof. We're here to get that." she tells the noble. "And also everything that ain't nailed down for ourselves. No need letting all that go to waste, right?" she adds for the benefit of others.

    The tannery is surrounded by a low wall, hardly insurmountable. There's a gate fit for a wagon on one side, and a little break in the wooden wall around it, though that would be a tight squeeze. The yard space is lit with lamps, but they see nothing disturb that movement.

    "Any more questions before we close in?" Cimri asks.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Talmar listens to Cimri as she explains that they were doing this because the man wasn't paying his taxes and nods in understanding. It meant they were showing him that his taxes paid for the protection his business was used to, and thus by stealing from it one could get the taxes back as well as remind the owner what happens when they didn't pay.

    As the half-elf points at his ediolon Talmar simply smiles. "His name is Lithroneus, and a devil I have a contract with. He is loyal and won't betray us. If your worried about him being recognized don't, he rarely is out in the open like this unless there must be a show of force." the noble explains, hoping to put his compatriots at ease. "As for myself, you may call me Talmar. Depending on the success of our job and if we are to work together again I may share the rest of my name, however see little point at this time. More easy to make a mistake and call out a persons name while the job is going on." the noble explains

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Jagan Harsk

    Jagan looked to Cimri, "You don't pay your dues, then you get what you deserve." He agrees with the young lady.

    He glances to Talmar, eyes the devil with some suspicion before grinning a thin smile that doesn't touch his eyes. "Names Jagan, you pay I slay us what I say." As they approach the small yard he nods to the side gate, "Shall we take the gate, what you reckon?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show




    Jagan Harsk
    M LE Human Slayer (Executioner), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longsword +4 (+2) (1d8+3, 19-20)
    Kukri +4 (+2) (1d4+3 (+1), 18-20)
    Light Crossbow (20) 4 (1d8, 19-20)
    Leather Lamellar (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post

    He glances to Talmar, eyes the devil with some suspicion before grinning a thin smile that doesn't touch his eyes. "Names Jagan, you pay I slay us what I say." As they approach the small yard he nods to the side gate, "Shall we take the gate, what you reckon?"
    Talmar was unsure how he felt about his companion Jagan and his ease at saying very clearly he would kill for coin. Killing in self defense was one thing, stopping a criminal from breaking the law even was understandable, but simply killing because someone paid you to was a bit worrysome to the noble as it meant he could not fully trust the man to have his back. After all this was Chelix and paying someone to murder a noble was not unheard of. He would have to make a mental note to have his edilon always keep an eye on the man while he himself was sleeping.

    "I would advise going the least obvious route. No doubt the gate is the easiest way in, however probally locked up for the night as well as whatever kind of defense they have in place to make sure no one robs the place would be at the front gate. We should look around the perimeter first to see if their is perhaps another way in before going through the front door. At least that is what I plan to do." he says before he and Lithroneus begin looking for any other ways inside the complex.

    Spoiler: Perception Checks to notice other ways inside the compound
    Show
    Talmar Check (with Guidance) (1d20+1)[19]
    Lithroneus roll (with guidance due to share spells) (1d20+5)[6]

    If it makes it easier anytime it is within reason for him to have cast guidance he would have.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    you may call me Cassidy, or just Cass if you prefer. as for ways in the least obvious is probably the way we should consider, the front gate is probably warded or otherwise locked. I will go along with the best laid plan for this heist.
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-02-13 at 02:13 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Gull

    Gull nods. "Alright, so we've got Cass, Jagan and Talmar. And a quiet one." She looks at Sarina. "Shall I just refer to you as Silent, then? Or do you prefer I call you by your name?"

    "Either way, it looks like we have an actual professional in our midst. And an upstanding citizen. This is going to go well." She rubs her hands, grinning. "I suggest we just find a quiet spot and pop over the wall. It looks quite climbable. We can always bust our way out through the gate if necessay; it does look like we have the muscle for that."
    Characters in play:

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Sarina "Silent" Ovica

    Sarina stares at Gull briefly and nods solemnly as if in agreement. Then the facade breaks and she beams a smile. "How intolerably rude of me. I am Sarina Ovica." She states while making a simple curtsy, and making sure not to raise her voice to much when presenting herself. They were acting covertly after all. "But Silent will do fine." It was a bit saddening to hear that her reputation didn't precede her, but in the midst of an operation of skullduggery, it might be for the best.

    "I trust you know how to best proceed here. If it comes down to needing me, I'm ready."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "I wouldn't say upstanding citizen Gull, more I fully believe in the law and what our country represents. I have no problems bending the law to see that it is done, as like many things it is flawed and one must look at the situation to see if the law was meant to work another way at times. For example tax money pays for our soldiers, roads, and many other important things along the empire. Someone not paying their taxes should indeed be reminded of why they pay their taxes. Stealing from them, while I would consider below my skills to recoup the taxes they owe, as well as remind them why they pay taxes is perfectly legal from my point of view." he explains rationally.

    "Ovica, as in the house that died during the civil war, well after the civil war? If so it is an honor to meet you. My father always spoke of the fine leaders trained by your house back before the war. It's nice to see some still live if the war stories I hear are true." Talmar says with a small bow of his head, showing her the proper respect that was due, but no more.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "I reckon the gate is going to be easier to open from the inside" Cimri says, "So over the wall seems like our best bet. Except maybe her" she adds, pointing to Cassidy.

    "...That said, I think we're one short"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We'll wait for Zhentarim at this point, since it seems like the most logical time for his character to appear.

    Meanwhile, if you want to get some checks out of the way, it takes a Climb check to scale the palisade wall, an Escape Artist Check to squeeze through the gap, and either Disable Device, Str check or Sundering to go through the gate from the outside.

    In any approach, you may elect to be stealthy about it.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Cassidy realizing shes ill suited for stealth or climbing, will wait to see if someone will open the gate before attempting to break it down

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Mara rides up on her horse, her longbow in hand and her lance in easy reach. A quiver filled with various kinds of arrows is on her back.

    "Sorry I'm late, guys. Can you catch me up on what you've discussed so far?"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Gull

    The half-elf is about to suggest something when Mara turns up. She eyes the new arrival and nods. "You're just in time. We need to get over that wall there." She points. "Is your horse a jumper?"

    She grins her widest grin, then goes serious again, turning towards the rest of the crew. "Over the wall and then opening the gate from the inside is the way to go, I think. Anyone who's a half-decent climber, let's go." With that, she starts heading towards the wall to try and scale it as quietly as possible.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth check: (1d20+3)[4]
    Climb check: (1d20+5)[15]

    Spoiler: Edit
    Show
    I GOT A FOUR!
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2021-02-16 at 03:51 PM.
    Characters in play:

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    As the last arrival appears Talmar tilts his head slightly in greeting. "Tax evasion, we are to remind him why he pays taxes by looting the place while no one is here." Talmar explains quickly before adding, "Then basically with what Gull said. All you really missed was introductions as this job had no real planning. Names Talmar, and the big guy is Lithroneus." he says pointing to the devil with claws, each the size of a greatsword.

    "If you can climb I would come with us after you tie your horse up somewhere, otherwise be ready to ride in the front gate once we are inside, should be easy enough to tell when the gate opens." he explains pointing to where the main gate was located compared to all of them getting ready to go climb the wall.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    looking briefly at the newcomer and then hearing Gull's comment, then looking at her horse as an option for that wall, but decides to wait for the gate to open

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "My horse can jump, but that's quite a way. I'm not sure if my horse can make that. I'm Mara, by the way."

    Mara doesn't say she's a noble, but from how she's dressed, it wouldn't be hard for the others to figure that out.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    The group approaches the tannery. In addition to the palisade itself, two buildings are set into the wall itself, but neither has outward-facing windows. The group makes their approach from the North, the side with one of the buildings, as well as the gap in the palisade wall. There's a terrible stench emanating from the yard within. The palisade proves tricky, with only Gull and Cimri clearing it on their first try. The inside is much worse in terms of stench. The horses refuse to try clearing the 10 foot tall palisade

    The gate is set on the Western side of the roughly oblong yard. Gull and Cimri land in the North-eastern side, where the gap in the wall allows for whispered conversation if not easy passage. On the Eastern side is the workshop building, on the North side the office and the main target, while the Southern yard is almost entirely occupied by stinking vats ten feet across.

    Two problems also become apparent. First is that there is light coming from the North side office. Somebody is still here. The second is that the intruders can hear padding steps on the ground. Louslik owns a guard dog, which might come to investigate the noise.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The horrid stench necessitates a Fort save unless the character has craft (armor or leatherworking) or profession (tanner) or similar. Failure results in being Nauseated for 1 round and sickened for another 9.

    After this check, Gull and Cimri make Stealth checks.
    (1d20)[9] (1d20)[3], (1d20)[15]

    The DC for a 10-ft vertical jump is 40, so you're not going to make those on a typical horse even if they get +8 for their nice movement speed to jump.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "Cimiri, I'm glad you made it. Go ahead and get the door for us, and we can make short work of the dog. I have a Sap, so I can nonlethally subdue whoever is inside as soon as I dismount."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The vegetable hell

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Gull

    "Ugh, who died in here?" After scaling the wall, Gull nearly vomits from the stench that surrounds the entire tannery. She is rather frustrated to see that only Cimri managed to make it over the wall with her. She'd hoped for at least Jagan to make it as well; the man looked like he'd be an experienced climber. Frustration then turns to dismay when she realizes that there is still someone there, and that there are footsteps heading her way. Quickly and quietly, the half-elf tries to find a place out of sight, while readying her sword just in case.

    Once she's found a suitable place to hide she whispers to Cimri. "Someone's coming. We need to get to the gate. I suggest we circle around the south. Stay clear of the light."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fort save: (1d20+3)[7]
    Stealth check: (1d20+3)[23]
    Characters in play:

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    "Go wait by the gate with the others, and when it opens make sure to be ready to attack anything you see that isn't us." Talmar says to Lithroneus as he gives up on trying to climb the fence, and settles with instead trying to squeeze through the hole in it. And so without waiting for any further instructions the diabolic looking creature once more disappears into the night before reappearing a few moments later standing by the gate, it's Glaive-Guisarme ready to do what it was instructed to do.

    Meanwhile Talmar tries his best to shuffle through the hole in the fence, not wanting to embarrass himself any further by taking to long to get inside the tannery where Cimri and Gull were now waiting for the rest of them.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Cassidy hearing the instructions and knowledge of the would be guard dog, as well as someone stil lin the building draws her weapon waiting by the gate for it to open.

    horrid stench necessitates a Fort save: (1d20+4)[20]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Jagan Harsk

    Slipping on the wall Jagan shakes his head. "It ain't a nice smell is it?" He pads quietly over to the gate joining Cassidy and the others, pulling out a thin crossbow he loads it and stands ready to slip in. Nodding to the newcomer he offers a thin grin. "Aye, welcome, I'm Jagan, paid hand."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Fort save for the smell (1d20+4)[23]


    Jagan Harsk
    M LE Human Slayer (Executioner), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longsword +4 (+2) (1d8+3, 19-20)
    Kukri +4 (+2) (1d4+3 (+1), 18-20)
    Light Crossbow (20) 4 (1d8, 19-20)
    Leather Lamellar (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zhentarim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana, US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

    Riding her horse in the gate, Mara notices the smell, but decided it wasn't much worse than what she experienced working with alchemical supplies. She keeps her Longbow drawn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •