New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hell's Vengeance part 1 [The Hellfire Compact]

Jagan Harsk

Jagan grins as he scoops up the heavy coin purse and nods to the others “Good to work with folk who pay well, and now what? So we can enjoy a nice wine and some food.”

He glances at the lithe gang leader. “You got anymore jobs Cimri, why spoil a good thing” As he speaks he turns over some of the weapons eyeing up the crossbow and the kukri in particular.

Any of you guys like the kukri or crossbow? the big ones are not my style.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Jagan Harsk
    M LE Human Slayer (Executioner), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longsword +4 (+2) (1d8+3, 19-20)
    Kukri +4 (+2) (1d4+3 (+1), 18-20)
    Light Crossbow (20) 4 (1d8, 19-20)
    Leather Lamellar (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

"I am just thankful none of us fell into that, trying to get rid of the smell of that rancid pit would have taken days or magic." Talmar replies to Gull's comment. "I just hope if we work together again our plan is more laid out and involves as little bloodshed as possible next time. We got lucky that we were able to stabilize the man this time, I doubt we will always be in a situation where luck is on our side in such a way. I think if we encounter resistance like that again we first allow Sarina to try her charms before we use brute force, this way we do not look like the aggressors in a conflict." Talmar says looking to the others to see if the agreed with this idea.

As the pouches of gold are split Talmar notes Cimri's slightly larger cut, and while she did find the job that is in truth about all she did for someone claiming to be the brains. "I do not know what counts as a mastermind in Longacre Cimri, however where I am from it takes more than simply getting the job to be the mastermind and leader of any group for long. A job like that should have been scouted out and planned better. We should have known about the dog as well as him being inside the place before even entering. If you want the big bucks you need to put in the work for it. I think we should all get an equal share unless you have another job lined up where you can prove to be more competent?" Talmar questions, not seeing a reason for her to get more than they did unless she was willing to do the work in the next job they did.

"I am only capable of using the crossbow out of the items present Jagan, so if you are not to found of it, I would appreciate it."Talmar says in reply to the mans question.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Mara enjoys her wine and fish. By the end of the meal, she is pleasantly drunk and has a full belly. Mara notices the masterwork lance, but figures it to be about on par with her lance she already has. Regardless, Mara thinks having an extra lance could be helpful. Mara says "I'm going to take that lance with me up to my bedroom on the third floor, since I like being up high enough to see people coming. Hopefully the bedroom on the third floor isn't in too much disrepair. Does anybody wish to accompany me on the way to help me clear debris and inspect the room? I hope there is a bed up there. After that, I'd like to take my bath. Ladies first, after all."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Wandering over picking up the coin pouch, Well I for one am happy to get paid. looking at the curved blade and shield then towards Gull pointing at the sword. While I can use this, are you needing it more?, then grabs the shield, This I can also use.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cimri is also quick to get into her cups. "I've got a few thoughts on that, Jagan" she says, then turns over to Talmar, glaring at him for his insolence. "Whazzat? Nah, in this town is'h... Itsh all about connections y'shee" she slurs her words. "If'n it weren't for me you'd have had nojob. No touch with Razelago there. Thish time... Itsh for introductions. And stuff" she says. Despite her slurred speech, it seems like she's not otherwise quite as impaired by the drink as it might suggest.

After the loot is divided and treats enjoyed, Mara heads upstairs. Heeding Talmar's words earlier, Litherous has cleared the rubble on the way to the bath.

Ivy invades this musty room. Old ash streaks the tiled walls of what was once a lavish bath chamber, while broken mosaic chips and fallen timbers cover the floor with sharp scree. Opposite the door, a porcelain tub filled with water hunches beneath a crescent-shaped mirror distorted by intense heat.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Cimri you forget who my teacher is in this town. Having a job was of no consequence to me, I only did it because he asked and stated it was for the empire. The gold is a nice touch however so I will leave it at that. Next job get more information and details if you want to be the leader or let someone more skilled take the role." Talmar says not fazed by her slurred speech, after all she was of common blood and it was expected for one of her kind to down the drink so quickly and simply get drunk off of it instead of enjoy the taste of the vintage. It was very clear she needed this job more than the rest of them gathered from what he could see.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gull

Gull looks at Cassidy and nods. "Sounds like a good idea clonky. Shields aren't really my style, and this is a proper blade of elven make. It goes well with the theme I'm going with." She winks.
    Characters in play:

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Jagan Harsk

Tossing the crossbow to Talmar he nods to Cimri. "Aye, well, we can relax tonight and come the morning we can discuss the next job then." He slips the kukri into his pocket and follows the others out to the rooms, kicking clear a space for himself before getting drinks and looking at the others. "How do you come to be working for Cimri"

[B]

Show

Jagan Harsk
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW Kukri +5 (+2) (1d4+3 (+1), 18-20)
    Condition None

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

as food come cassidy eats. Working for Cimri, I suppose it is just as much from word of mouth as it was asked to.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cimri nods to Talmar. "Whe can hash out who's the big bossh t'morrow"
    Well, that would be today, but none of the group got a night's rest. The Ash House is safe to rest in, probably.
    Their musings, however, are cut short by a shrill shriek from upstairs.

Mara makes her way to the bathroom. Examining the bathtub, it seems like there's something there at the bottom, but as she gets closer to look, a spectral figure of a woman enters through the wall, her features twisted with hate as she attacks Mara.

Show
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d4+7)[10]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Jagan Harsk

Before he can even finish his first drink the scream sounds from upstairs, Jagan leaps o his feet pulling out the shiny new kukri and his old one. "Whats happening now eh? So much for being a safe place..." He looks around the room, "So... upstairs to investigate."

[B]

Show

Jagan Harsk
    Condition None

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gull

Gull shrugs. "Eh, I needed a new j..." She's interrupted by the scream from upstairs. "Well, that can't be good." The half-elf gets up and grabs her sword, nodding at Jagan. "Let's go."
    Characters in play:

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Following the others upstairs drawing her weapon ready for anything.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

As Jagan tosses the crossbow to him he catches it with ease before inspecting it. "Thank you for understanding Jagan. Unlike you close combat is not really my forte, my father tried teaching me, however it was the skills of my mother I was more skilled with." he admits as he takes his old crossbow out and offers it up to the man if he wanted it.

"My teacher lives in town and it was a request from him to help in this matter as he is a retired public official. Seeing how it was to serve the empire and would give myself and Lithroneus time to learn how to coordinate with one another I agreed readily." Talmar offers as explanation as to how he came to be working with Cimri on this job.

As the night was beginning to settle down Talmar was very slowly drinking a single glass of the bottle of Wiscarni wine. "It is always good to have a little taste of home don't you agree?" he asks the others who seem to not be savoring the taste and make of the wine as much as he. It is a few moments later as he is getting ready to get some bread when he hears the shriek from upstairs. "Lithroneus upstairs now, bring your weapon and make sure Ms. Mara is decent before I enter." he tells his devil servant as he grabs his new crossbow and loads it as he begins running up the stairs behind the others.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jaggan and Gull are the first ones upstairs, and moving through the cleared path. They're followed swiftly by the others, with Talmar heading the rear. Upstairs, the balcony walkway to the baths is wide enough for two aside, though one will need to balance on the rubble. At the far end, Mara is backing away from a floating, ectoplasmic figure of a noblewoman that attacks her.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Since the map doesn't work...
    The enemy can be targeted by ranged attacks (or spells).
    Melee characters may take a move action to reach the enemy, but only two adjacent squares are available, and it can't be flanked in its current position.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2021-05-06 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Map drawing didn't work

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cassidy realizing that her weapon will be minimally effective stands towards the back to allow others that might have a better chance at the ectoplasmic figure

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

As Talmar reaches the top of the stairs he looks within the bathroom after being told it was okay by Lithroneus and is surprised by the creature he sees. Trying to use his knowledge he had gained throughout the years of study he tries to determine what it is while taking out his crossbow.

Spoiler: Knowldge Arcana
    Show
    Don't have points in religion yet so on the off chance it is magical and not undead (1d20+4)[21]

"Cimri I don't take it you have ever seen that before?" he asks as he tries to line up a shot with the creature, before he fires his crossbow at it, trying his best not to hit Mara in the process.

Spoiler: Masterwork Crossbow attack
    Show
    As it hasn't attacked yet I don't believe I would be shooting into melee, but if so please adjust rolls as I do not have point blank shot or precise shot. Attack (1d20+3)[6] Damage (1d8)[5]

Lithroneus seeing his master attacking the greenish creature makes his way into the room and tries to cut it down with his own weapon.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    10ft. reach so people can still get in close to it Attack (1d20+4)[5] Damage (1d10+4)[14] This is slashing damage

As both arrow and blade miss by a very large margin Talmar looks worried. "Um guys I don't exactly know what that is buy Mara is our friend and needs our help. And well I'm to afraid of hitting her to take another shot with this." he says holding out his crossbow on the off chance anyone wanted to try to take a shot.

Spoiler: Editing reasons
    Show
    A nat 3 and 1 on attacks so wanted to add a bit more to it
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2021-05-07 at 02:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Mara, who still has her crossbow at her side, takes aim and fires after she gets some distance. Mara still is wincing from the pain of the previous attack as she asks "What are you?"

Spoiler: damage
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23]
    (1d8+4)[5]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gull

"What the...?! Get it!" Gull yells as she rushes forward, drawing her curved blade as she does.

Show
    I guess that fills up the final adjacent square with Lithroneus also being there. I'm also assuming all Gulls duelist abilities are useless as the enemy is a ghost-thingy.
    Moving into the other adjacent square and attacking.

Attack 1: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage 1: (1d10+4)[12]
    Characters in play:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Cimri rushes upstairs with the others. "That's new" she says, standing back and readying a throwing knife.

Mara's bolt passes through it, striking the wall and dripping with ectoplasm. The woman dodges out of the way of Gull's strike. It appears reasonably physical, and clearly avoids being struck. "Oout of my hoouse!" it wails in hateful tone, striking the fiendish Lithorneus.

Show
    (1d20+5)[10], (1d4+5)[6]

Spoiler: Talmar
    Show
    Talmar is familiar with ectoplasm. It is a semi-physical substance that some spirits use to construct a body for themselves. It is vulnerable to physical forces, but truly vulnerable only to larger slashes that disrupts its structure.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Jagan Harsk

Jagan skids to a halt, eying the weird spectral form carefully. He pauses, allowing Gull to sprint past him and engage it in melee, a muttered "Not sure a blade 'll do much god against that shadowy thing eh.." As he'sees it avoid the blade with a solid-ish form he nods, "Aye, so thats how it is" and he advances ~ half way down the corridor towards, both kukris held outstretched in a fighting stance.
    [B]

Show

Move action: Studied targedt
    Move action: Move half way down the corridor

Jagan Harsk
    Condition None

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Sorry about the arrow attack last round, I read it after I posted and didn't want to remove that part and make it seem like I was deleting a bad roll.

As Talmar realizes what this creature is made out of he calls out to the others. "It is a spirit, but it is made of ectoplasm meaning unlike others we can harm it. Use slashing weapons, they will have the most effect." he explains while he waits to see if he should summon forth more infernal help or not to deal with this monster.

Spoiler: Knowledge Nobility check
    Show
    She said this was her home, and we know its a former nobles house so (1d20+4)[24] Though Talmar is not from the area he is versed in nobility so it is possible (unlikely given how Thrune strips away names of nobles houses that defy them and changes history often) that he has heard of this person.

Lithroneus looks infront of him to see Gull trying to do battle with the creature and says a thanks in infernal before launching into his on onslaught of attacks once more, trying to bring the monster down before it hurt his master or anyone else his master cared about at this point and time.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Glaive-Guisarme Attack (1d20+4)[10] Damage (1d10+4)[14] Slashing Damage

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

with some hope of being able to do something Cassidy lungs forwards to attack the spirit

Spoiler: condition
    Show

Cassidy
    female LE Sentinel, Level 1, Init 1, HP 16/16, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW. Longsword 7 (1d8+4, 19-20x2)
    Kikko Armor (+6 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move action: get within melee of the spirit
    Standard Action: Attack Spirit with longsword
    (1d20+7)[10] , Confirm Crit: (1d20+7)[20] (19-20x2)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gull

"What... No! Take this!" Gull yells again, slicing at the thing in front of her.

Show

Attack 1: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage 1: (1d10+4)[7]
    Characters in play:

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The ectoplasmic apparition manages to avoid the blows of Gull and Cassidy, who crowd the space around her. It strikes at Cassidy, wailing hatefully but swinging wide.

Cimri steps up next to Jagan. "Bit crowded at the front, eh?" she says, weighing a dagger and throwing it at the spirit. Her throw goes wide, as she was avoiding the combatants. "Hey, ladies, are you going to hit her or make some room?" she asks, the jab good-natured.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Spirit
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d4+5)[6] miss

Cimri
    (1d20+2)[9]
    (1d4+1)[4] also miss
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2021-05-27 at 02:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Partially ignoring Cimri's comment..

Spoiler: condition
    Show

Cassidy
    female LE Sentinel, Level 1, Init 1, HP 16/16, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW. Longsword 7 (1d8+4, 19-20x2)
    Kikko Armor (+6 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move action: after striking again will move out so Cimri can get in
    Standard Action: Attack Spirit with longsword
    (1d20+7)[25] , Confirm Crit: (1d20+7)[24] (19-20x2)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[8]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gull

Gull yells out at Cimri. "I think we'll just be..." She swings her sword as she talks.

Show

Attack 1: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage 1: (1d10+4)[10]

"... swinging wildly at the air!"
    Characters in play:

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Lithroneus continues his assault on the beast, trying to take it down from where he was standing, though it was clear the devil was starting to get annoyed at this creature for not simply dying already.

Spoiler: Lithroneus Attack
    Show
    (1d20+4)[21] Damage (1d10+4)[9]

Spoiler: IF the ectoplasmaic ghost is still standing
    Show

Talmar looks on with concern as the creature remains standing, the longer this fight went on the worst it would be for his potential allies. Deciding to call upon some aid, the noble begins to chant as red smoke begins to appear in the sky next to the ghost, above the heads of his allies taking on a vaguely birdlike shape.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Summon Monster 1 to summon a fiendish Eagle above one of my allies head adjacent to the ectoplasmaic ghost so it can strike next round if needed.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Jagan Harsk

Jagan looks right to Cimri, "Aye, better to eb safe and hang back here a little." He adds waiting for a space to open and wishing he had thought to grab his bow or a crossbow from downstairs. he inwardly curses for letting his guard down. "Interesting safe house this eh Cimir, not really safe..>"

[B]

Show

Total defensive

Jagan Harsk
    Condition None

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Between Cassidy and Lithroneus, the spirit is cut to size, wailing as her ectoplasmic body loses cohesion and collapses on the ground, where the gooey substance begins to evaporate.

Cimri kicks at it. "Would've been fine if somebody didn't go poking round" she mutters at Jagan, glancing darkly at Mara.

Inside the tub, there's a small box filled with old Chelaxian medallions. Probably worth a bunch for collectors, or just for the precious metals.