Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Hell's Vengeance OOC [Kallimakus]

This is the OOC thread.

Link to the IC thread

And this is the place for any questions and talk. I might put a discord link out if we want, but I think this will suffice.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Hell's Vengeance OOC [Kallimakus]

Cool.

So, question. Can we just go a grab a speech color? I sort of did and don't know if that was okay.

Also, do we need to make a decision about our sixth ranger as a group or will you decide on that yourself, oh mighty gm?
    Characters in play:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Grab colours.

I'm for the sixth, due to potential attrition, but I'm leaving the call to democracy. An extra player always opens up the risk of delays further.

Speaking of delays, I can post around about every day, as long as I'm not travelling somewhere. Which I will be the weekend of 20-21. I can still post but won't have the books to move the plot too far in that time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

PirateWench

well without the ooc to begin with I left out a conversation to avoid colors but looks like no one used blue yet so I will go blue

Cassidy
    female LE Sentinel, Level 1, Init 1, HP 16/16, Speed 20
    AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW. Longsword 7 (1d8+4, 19-20x2)
    Kikko Armor (+6 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Condition None
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-02-15 at 08:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Good morning everyone, this is normally my active time, at least for the next 3 hours (as I go to sleep once my son is off to school), followed again in roughly 6 hours after that for a few more.

Most games tend to lose players along the way for multiple reasons so I would not be against a sixth member, though as has been pointed out it could possibly slow some things down. Given my schedule is kinda flipped from most peoples though it may work out.

Also going to grab Maroon as red was already taken
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2021-02-12 at 06:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Also Eidolon's Perception check for while we are on the hill talking (1d20+4)[13]
    And Stealth when we move to enter the tannery (as he will do the job, just doesn't see why they are doing it. And won't follow blindly.) (1d20+2)[14] (using guidance, and share spell, so the +2 is for Talmar and thee +6+ is the eidolon) [roll]1d1d20+6[/roll]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+6)[24] Sorry about triple post, stealth check for Eidolon that was written incorrectly

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Yes, so I did go ahead and grab red.
    Sorry if someone else wanted it. We can always still switch if you really want.

Anyway, I'm in favor of having a sixth member. Attrition is definitely a thing we should be prepared for.

And finally, I'll probably be mostly active in the evenings (european time), and occasionally during the daytime.
    Characters in play:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Im fine with Maroon instead, more diabolical

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

So uh, if we do decide to let our sixth ranger in, maybe we should let them know.
    Characters in play:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Talmar would look for a way to get the high ground if possible and direct his ediolon from there while providing ranged support if possible. Is there anywhere along the fence he could climb to get onto a building or shack?

If so he will use guidance on himself, and have his ediolon use aid another to try and climb up

(1d20+2)[5] -1 from armor, +1 from aid, +2 from aid another for the above total.

Edit. Well that might be bad if there is a spot.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2021-02-12 at 09:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateWench

not sure if a sixth was notified or not

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Not yet as far as I know. Guess we'll wait for our gm to do so.
    Characters in play:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Knowledge Nobility on Sarina Ovica (1d20+5)[18] I'm going to assume the DC would be around 15-20 as it is an ancient thought extinct house from the backstory, would have put higher if not for his own house being on the outs with the current ruling class as well.

Will go off of what I roll, but at anytime DM can overrule me if they think Talmar wouldn't know.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    not sure if a sixth was notified or not
    I was waiting for opinions, but I don't think anyone said no. I sent him a message.

16. - Top - End - #16

PirateWench

Cassidy's attempts at the wall / gate / stealth

Climb check to scale the palisade wall (1d20+1)[2]

Escape Artist Check to squeeze through the gap (1d20-2)[2]

Disable Device (1d20-2)[14], Str check (1d20+7)[12] CC. (1d20+7)[21] Sundering (1d8+4)[7] to go through the gate from the outside.

may elect to be stealthy about it. (1d20-2)[5]

Edit
    shakes fist at the die roller
    Last edited by samduke; 2021-02-15 at 08:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll post in 12 hours.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I posted a climb check earlier with my Edilon using Aid another for a total of 5 in post #11, however if you wouldn't mind another check (1d20+2)[9] , either way I would like to add a stealth check to it as well to do so stealthy (1d20+2)[14] (+2 Dex, -1 AC, +1 Guidance)

Also Talmar will use guidance on everyone he can as well to give everyone the +1 bonus to their skill checks

@Party So we could either have the Edilon try and climb up on the roof with us, and attack things possibly with its 10ft. reach from up above, or I could cast the cantrip open/close on the gate once we are all over the palisade wall with it standing in front of it to draw any unwanted attention its direction while we use ranged combat?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

So Climb check (1d20+7)[9]
    With a bonus from the grappling hook if applicable
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I wish to remind everyone that using spells with verbal components breaks stealth. I'll treat it as a DC -5 perception check relative to distance.

I think the compound was about a 100 feet across but don't remember off the top of my head.

Edit: All forms of casting are also recognizable as magic by anyone seeing the spell cast, and generally also who is targeted. The purpose is unknown unless checks are passed.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2021-02-16 at 07:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    I posted a climb check earlier with my Edilon using Aid another for a total of 5 in post #11, however if you wouldn't mind another check [roll0] , either way I would like to add a stealth check to it as well to do so stealthy [roll1] (+2 Dex, -1 AC, +1 Guidance)

Also Talmar will use guidance on everyone he can as well to give everyone the +1 bonus to their skill checks

@Party So we could either have the Edilon try and climb up on the roof with us, and attack things possibly with its 10ft. reach from up above, or I could cast the cantrip open/close on the gate once we are all over the palisade wall with it standing in front of it to draw any unwanted attention its direction while we use ranged combat?
    well i think in cassidy's case guidance will not be helpful in anything short of breaking the gate = noise

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2389199

Meet Mara Narikopolus.

I hope my build is functional. I feel like, when planning my future feats and talents, I maybe didn't do the best build. The feats listed under "future feats" and the talents listed under "future talents" are subject to change.

23. - Top - End - #23

PirateWench

as this was mentioned as a thing I did not even consider, Cassidy does have a combat trained heavy war horse
    as such it should have attributes Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11

acrobatics to jump the wall: (1d20+4)[14]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

If you succeed, then I'll just walk my horse through.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Yea, so the horses jumping the wall was kind of a joke. I can see much more confusion for Gull to cause in the future.
    Characters in play:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Going to try an escape artist check to try and squeeze through the hole as talmar didn't make it over the wall. (1d20+1)[10] this is without guidance given how close we are now and he doesn't want to make extra noise.

Fort save (1d20+2)[6] for the smell once inside. Will post fully when i wake up.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Future Feats and Future Talents
    Show
    Current Combat Talents through Fighter (Coiled Blade) Progression
    1) Armored Charge: While mounted, you and your mount suffer no penalties for squeezing (down to half your mountís space). You also donít take the usual armor check penalty on Ride checks. In addition, while mounted, you and your mount gain a +1 bonus to CMD against bull rush, overrun, and trip combat maneuvers. At 10 ranks in Ride, this bonus increases to +2.

Future Combat Talents through Fighter (Coiled Blade) Progression

2) Extra Combat Talent (Beastmastery: Animal Companion#2): Effective druid level now equals BAB.

3) Lancer Sphere: When making a melee attack with the attack action that deals lethal damage, you can take a -2 penalty on the attack roll; if the attack is successful, your weapon impales the creature, forcing it into a square within your reach if it was not already. When the impaled creature loses the impaled condition, they take bleed damage equal to the damage dice of the weapon used to impale the creature.

4) Barrage Sphere: You gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 ft. Associated Feat: Point-Blank Shot.
    --Barrage: As a special attack action, you may make two ranged attacks at your full base attack bonus -2. Beginning at 6 base attack bonus, you may expend your martial focus to make an additional extra attack, increasing the penalty to all your attacks from -2 to -4. For every 5 points of base attack bonus you possess beyond 6, when expending your martial focus you may increase this penalty by an additional -2 to make an additional extra attack. Some talents are marked (blitz). You may apply a maximum of one (blitz) per extra attack to a barrage, but only if the barrage meets the prerequisites, including that attack (for example, if a (blitz) requires a target be struck twice, you can only apply that (blitz) to a target that has been struck twice. If he is struck a third time, you could apply a second (blitz) that requires at least two attacks to that target). Associated Feat: Rapid Shot

5) Equipment Sphere: Gain a bonus Talent from Equipment Sphere.
    --Bonus Talent, Fast Draw: You can draw a weapon as part of the action used to make an attack with it. This can be used with splash weapons, but not with other items such as potions, scrolls, or wands. You can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action. Associated Feat: Quick Draw.

6) Bonus Combat Talent, Archery Bash (discipline): You are considered proficient with using a bow, crossbow, or firearm as an improvised melee weapon, and any enhancement bonus to these weapons applies to your attack and damage rolls while using them as an improvised weapon. You suffer no penalty to attacks with these weapons due to using them as an improvised weapon, provoke no attacks of opportunity when using them as a melee weapon, and threaten the area around you as you normally would when wielding a melee weapon.

7) Bonus Combat Talent, Splitshot: Whenever you make an attack action with a bow, you can load two arrows and fire them as part of the same attack. When making an attack action in this fashion, your attack suffers a -2 penalty, but can target two adjacent creatures. For every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess, the targets may be +5 ft. away from each other and still be viable targets, so long as their distance from each other is not greater than the distance from you to either of them. If combined with a barrage, only the actual attack action is split, not the extra attacks.

8) Extra Combat Talent (Beastmastery: Pet): Gain thrush familiar, except the thrush retains the animal type rather than becoming a magic beast, and does not gain an Intelligence bonus, nor the share spells, deliver touch spells, or scry on familiar abilities normally granted to a familiar. Thrush speaks Common as a supernatural ability and grants a +3 bonus to diplomacy.

9) Focusing Reload: You may regain martial focus whenever you use a move, standard, or full-round action to reload a weapon you are wielding (including nocking an arrow to a bow). If you can normally reload your weapon faster than a move action, you may choose to reload as a move action to gain this benefit.

10) Headshot: If your deadly shot deals damage equal to at least 50% of the targetís current hit points, the target must make a successful Fortitude saving throw or die. Constructs, elementals, swarms, and oozes are immune to this ability. This is a death effect.

11) Bloody Rip: Whenever you make an attack using the attack action against a creature using the weapon currently impaling them, you may remove the impaling weapon as a swift action, dealing damage as appropriate and causing them to retain all penalties for being impaled (except for being unable to move) until the end of their next turn.

12) Ranged Impale:

13) Pinning Impale:

14) Terrifying Impale:

15) Double Impale:

16) Pinning Shot:

17) Athletics Sphere (Run Package):

Current Feats (Continued from "Feats and Special Abilities" above):

1)Extra Sphere: Sniper (Replaces Precise Shot)
    --(precise shot: no penalty for firing at creature in melee)
    --Expend a Martial Focus to add 1d10 to attack.

1)Mounted Archery (Human Bonus):1/2 penalty to mounted archery

Future Feats:

LVL 2 Fighter Bonus)Improved Mounted Archery:No penalty at all to mounted archery.

LVL 3: Basic Magical Training: Mana Sphere, Caffiend Casting Tradition, spellpoint pool of 2 (1, plus 1 from from caffiend casting tradition, which grants 1 spellpoint per odd casting level, and CL=1).

LVL 5: Advanced Magical Training

LVL 6 Fighter Bonus) Barroom Brawler: Once per day, gain the use of a combat feat you donít possess for 1 minute

LVL 7) Monstrous Companion: Replace Horse Animal Companion with Griffon Animal Companion

LVL 9) Bonus Sphere, Blood:

LVL 10 Fighter Bonus) Dodge: +1 bonus to AC

LVL 11) Bonus Magical Talent, Blood Puppet (Quicken):

LVL 13) Forged Arcana: Studies into the magical arts have allowed you to master a specific angle of how magic works. Choose either expunge, manipulate or manabond. When using the selected ability, you gain a bonus to your magic skill bonus and caster level equal to half your ranks you have in the Spellcraft skill, rounded up. This cannot increase your magic skill bonus or caster level above your Hit Dice. (Chose Expunge)

LVL 14 Fighter Bonus) Rapid Shot: When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, you can fire one additional time this round at your highest bonus. All of your attack rolls take a Ė2 penalty when using Rapid Shot.

LVL 15) Bonus Magic Talent, Magical Conduit: You have achieved mastery over opening magical windows between yourself and others. You can now create new manabonds as a free action as part of casting your other Mana sphere abilities, rather than a swift action.
    In addition, you can now become the host for multiple manabonds (but not benefit from being the recipient to multiple). When you spend a swift action to concentrate on a manabond, you count it as if you were concentrating on all currently active manabonds you have created and linked to yourself. You may also spend a spell point as part of creating a manabond to allow it to remain for 1 minute per caster level without concentration, although you may still activate effects that otherwise require concentrating on the manabond as a swift action.

LVL 17) Bonus Magical Talent, Improved Bleed:

Other people--are these good feats to take at later levels?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d20+3)[10]
    This is my fortitude roll for being sickened, unless my rank in Craft (Alchemist) gets me out of this. Alchemy is probably stinky sometimes.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Spoiler: Future Feats and Future Talents
    Show
    Current Combat Talents through Fighter (Coiled Blade) Progression
    1) Armored Charge: While mounted, you and your mount suffer no penalties for squeezing (down to half your mountís space). You also donít take the usual armor check penalty on Ride checks. In addition, while mounted, you and your mount gain a +1 bonus to CMD against bull rush, overrun, and trip combat maneuvers. At 10 ranks in Ride, this bonus increases to +2.

Future Combat Talents through Fighter (Coiled Blade) Progression

2) Extra Combat Talent (Beastmastery: Animal Companion#2): Effective druid level now equals BAB.

3) Lancer Sphere: When making a melee attack with the attack action that deals lethal damage, you can take a -2 penalty on the attack roll; if the attack is successful, your weapon impales the creature, forcing it into a square within your reach if it was not already. When the impaled creature loses the impaled condition, they take bleed damage equal to the damage dice of the weapon used to impale the creature.

4) Barrage Sphere: You gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 ft. Associated Feat: Point-Blank Shot.
    --Barrage: As a special attack action, you may make two ranged attacks at your full base attack bonus -2. Beginning at 6 base attack bonus, you may expend your martial focus to make an additional extra attack, increasing the penalty to all your attacks from -2 to -4. For every 5 points of base attack bonus you possess beyond 6, when expending your martial focus you may increase this penalty by an additional -2 to make an additional extra attack. Some talents are marked (blitz). You may apply a maximum of one (blitz) per extra attack to a barrage, but only if the barrage meets the prerequisites, including that attack (for example, if a (blitz) requires a target be struck twice, you can only apply that (blitz) to a target that has been struck twice. If he is struck a third time, you could apply a second (blitz) that requires at least two attacks to that target). Associated Feat: Rapid Shot

5) Equipment Sphere: Gain a bonus Talent from Equipment Sphere.
    --Bonus Talent, Fast Draw: You can draw a weapon as part of the action used to make an attack with it. This can be used with splash weapons, but not with other items such as potions, scrolls, or wands. You can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action. Associated Feat: Quick Draw.

6) Bonus Combat Talent, Archery Bash (discipline): You are considered proficient with using a bow, crossbow, or firearm as an improvised melee weapon, and any enhancement bonus to these weapons applies to your attack and damage rolls while using them as an improvised weapon. You suffer no penalty to attacks with these weapons due to using them as an improvised weapon, provoke no attacks of opportunity when using them as a melee weapon, and threaten the area around you as you normally would when wielding a melee weapon.

7) Bonus Combat Talent, Splitshot: Whenever you make an attack action with a bow, you can load two arrows and fire them as part of the same attack. When making an attack action in this fashion, your attack suffers a -2 penalty, but can target two adjacent creatures. For every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess, the targets may be +5 ft. away from each other and still be viable targets, so long as their distance from each other is not greater than the distance from you to either of them. If combined with a barrage, only the actual attack action is split, not the extra attacks.

8) Extra Combat Talent (Beastmastery: Pet): Gain thrush familiar, except the thrush retains the animal type rather than becoming a magic beast, and does not gain an Intelligence bonus, nor the share spells, deliver touch spells, or scry on familiar abilities normally granted to a familiar. Thrush speaks Common as a supernatural ability and grants a +3 bonus to diplomacy.

9) Focusing Reload: You may regain martial focus whenever you use a move, standard, or full-round action to reload a weapon you are wielding (including nocking an arrow to a bow). If you can normally reload your weapon faster than a move action, you may choose to reload as a move action to gain this benefit.

10) Headshot: If your deadly shot deals damage equal to at least 50% of the targetís current hit points, the target must make a successful Fortitude saving throw or die. Constructs, elementals, swarms, and oozes are immune to this ability. This is a death effect.

11) Bloody Rip: Whenever you make an attack using the attack action against a creature using the weapon currently impaling them, you may remove the impaling weapon as a swift action, dealing damage as appropriate and causing them to retain all penalties for being impaled (except for being unable to move) until the end of their next turn.

12) Ranged Impale:

13) Pinning Impale:

14) Terrifying Impale:

15) Double Impale:

16) Pinning Shot:

17) Athletics Sphere (Run Package):

Current Feats (Continued from "Feats and Special Abilities" above):

1)Extra Sphere: Sniper (Replaces Precise Shot)
    --(precise shot: no penalty for firing at creature in melee)
    --Expend a Martial Focus to add 1d10 to attack.

1)Mounted Archery (Human Bonus):1/2 penalty to mounted archery

Future Feats:

LVL 2 Fighter Bonus)Improved Mounted Archery:No penalty at all to mounted archery.

LVL 3: Basic Magical Training: Mana Sphere, Caffiend Casting Tradition, spellpoint pool of 2 (1, plus 1 from from caffiend casting tradition, which grants 1 spellpoint per odd casting level, and CL=1).

LVL 5: Advanced Magical Training

LVL 6 Fighter Bonus) Barroom Brawler: Once per day, gain the use of a combat feat you donít possess for 1 minute

LVL 7) Monstrous Companion: Replace Horse Animal Companion with Griffon Animal Companion

LVL 9) Bonus Sphere, Blood:

LVL 10 Fighter Bonus) Dodge: +1 bonus to AC

LVL 11) Bonus Magical Talent, Blood Puppet (Quicken):

LVL 13) Forged Arcana: Studies into the magical arts have allowed you to master a specific angle of how magic works. Choose either expunge, manipulate or manabond. When using the selected ability, you gain a bonus to your magic skill bonus and caster level equal to half your ranks you have in the Spellcraft skill, rounded up. This cannot increase your magic skill bonus or caster level above your Hit Dice. (Chose Expunge)

LVL 14 Fighter Bonus) Rapid Shot: When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, you can fire one additional time this round at your highest bonus. All of your attack rolls take a Ė2 penalty when using Rapid Shot.

LVL 15) Bonus Magic Talent, Magical Conduit: You have achieved mastery over opening magical windows between yourself and others. You can now create new manabonds as a free action as part of casting your other Mana sphere abilities, rather than a swift action.
    In addition, you can now become the host for multiple manabonds (but not benefit from being the recipient to multiple). When you spend a swift action to concentrate on a manabond, you count it as if you were concentrating on all currently active manabonds you have created and linked to yourself. You may also spend a spell point as part of creating a manabond to allow it to remain for 1 minute per caster level without concentration, although you may still activate effects that otherwise require concentrating on the manabond as a swift action.

LVL 17) Bonus Magical Talent, Improved Bleed:

Other people--are these good feats to take at later levels?
    I mean I know nothing about Sphere's, however they look good from simply reading them.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Unfortunately, while Cimri made it past the wall, she screwed up her stealth.

I'll need to post the combat start tomorrow, I'm on holiday now so my ability to post is hindered.

Anyhow, the entry team can reach the gate's opening lever with a double move and pull it as a move. Cimri means to do this assuming everything goes well.

The outside team can ready actions, while Gull and Cimri try to handle things.

Everyone can also try to climb the palisade again while they wait.

The Fort DC is 14, for the record. And I'll accept craft alchemy as a skill that involves dealing with smelly stuff.