New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Darkness Rising (PTU)

As they make their way through the camp Moghu suppresses his desire to explore the various goods for sale. This was the first time he had visited the Wishiwashi without another Paras and, were it not for their pursuers and Jirachi within the crystal, Moghu would have loved to peruse the stalls, especially the vials of glowing liquid.

However, they were on a mission, and getting a boat came first.

Moghu gives a quick nod to the older Wishiwashi clansman. Igross has good eyes, Moghu confirms. We need something that can carry four, and can be piloted by those not of the Purelake. Do you have any such craft available?
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Does Igross have a craft for four? Does the sun rise in the East every morning? Does the purelake hold the spirits of cleansing for this world? All can be answered with the same question!

The rafts are finnicky for outsiders, but good for those expecting to see some combat. A little shaky, but the best thing for you if you're attacked on the water. The canoes are quicker, quieter, and easier to use, but confined in space. Of course, what you have to trade will also decide how high quality a craft you get.

He eyes your party over eagerly, landing on those of your pokemon which were released. I suppose a Paras would be too much to ask from one of your clan? They do well with lots of water around, yes they do.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Jayce is nervous about bargaining for passage, but at least they did not seem so out of place here, what with all the outsiders here. He reached into his pack, his gifts prepared ahead of time so that he would not have to reveal the stone on his back.

"I've brought quite a bit of extra sturdy rope along with me this trip, strong enough to hoist a caver and his pokemon. And I've also happened on some some Victreebel vines how in the lowlands for trade. And I sure my friends have something else that might be interesting to you."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu's knuckles whiten when the merchant mentions trading for Paras, before forcing himself to grin. The effect resembled more of a grimace, but was better than nothing.

Paras are not for trade, Moghu states adamantly, before looking over the two options. We have a Cubone to trade instead. It should help ward your craft against electricity, which I know is valued here, Moghu says. What can we get for the ropes and a Cubone? We would prefer a raft.

Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira works not to grind her teeth as Jayce lays out all of his haggling material immediately. Does Clan Zubat never bargain? she thinks to herself. Moghu's addition of one Cubone is still more than she likes, but at least the boy didn't mention them both. She says nothing for the moment, aware of the Apricorn holding a Cubone in her pack but holding it in reserve for now.

Although I don't want to extend this haggling trip overlong, she thinks as an aside to Eops, who has taken this chance to climb up onto Eira's shoulder and groom herself free of most of the ever-present water. Every moment we stand here is another step Fenris takes towards us.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

While Igross was disappointed that a Paras wasn't up for bargain, his eyes lit up at the mention of a cubone. Ooooh, Igross will trade for a Cubone, yes he will! Throw in the ropes, and Igross can give you this, he pulls up one of the rafts. It's made of solid beams of wood, lashed together with some sort of twine or cord. A small indent was carved in the middle where objects could be put that might roll away. It wasn't the fanciest raft he had, but it was far from his shabbiest.

Eops had finished up grooming and had perched on your head, peering intently at the Alolan Vulpix Clanmates. They studded their skin with small gems that felt reminiscent of the gems in Eops own head. He was distracted only by Sheba buzzing around almost without control at everything there was to look at.

Almost as one though, Eops and Sheba took off, dashing and flying across the market before turning to look back for you to follow, waiting for you to get halfway across the platform before heading across one of the rope bridges. Sinen however, seemed very comfortable clinging to Moghu's back and watching the trade play out.

This is the path Eira. I can feel its pull!
    Jayce! Jayce! Jayce! Jayce you won't believe it! Jayce you have to come with!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-09-01 at 08:43 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487

RedKnightGirl

Jayce agrees to the trade for his ropes, but he is distracted by his guide created something of a scene. "Excuse me, I have to get her under control. Wait up Sheba!" He takes off after the errant zubat, though fully curious about what she found.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira, quietly pleased that they had managed to save one of the Cubones for a later trade, is taken off guard by Eops' mad dash away. What are you-- breaking off the mental communication with a verbal curse, Eira dips away from the rest of the party without a word, following her erstwhile "guide." she attempts to remain somewhat unseen as she goes, but speed is more important to her than stealth for the moment; Sneasel are incredibly quick, and even in this little time she's grown used to having Eops near her at all times.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheba and Eops led the two of you on a merry chase, darting around and through groups that you simply couldn't fit through in their excitement. At one point, Eops even dashed across water briefly, claws solidifying the liquid for a brief moment long enough to push off and forwards.

The mad dash across shaky rafts past blue tattooed clanspeople led you to a singular raft connected to the grid only by a single bridge despite the fact that it was relatively central. In fact, there was a wide swath of space around the raft and the hut sitting atop it.

When you crossed the bridge, you found yourself in a dimly lit single room. A small fire crackled in a stone bowl in the center of the room. Skulls of various pokemon hung on the walls, and there was a table where someone had apparently been dowsing with Druddigon knucklebones inscribed with runes. The back of the hut seemed to have a hole cut through to look directly into the purelake, where a swarm of Wishiwashi seemed to be staying.

Sheba, as one might expect, was flitting madly around the room trying to take everything in. Eops meanwhile, was seated across the fireplace from a man who was desperately trying cover some open bowls before Sheba toppled into them.

Unlike almost all the Wishiwashi, he wore a long robe, clasped by a brooch at his chest, with the hood pulled over his head. The robe itself was waterproof: Eira noted the sealskin design as one of her own clans work, though it had been custom made to be dyed in the Wishiwashi Clan's distinctive patterns. As he covered the bowls, you noticed that one hand was extremely puckered, the skin much darker than the other, the remnants of a bad burn. As he returned to the fireplace to take a seat, you noticed he walked with a rather severe lip, which explained the walking canes in a jug near the doorway.

You two must belong to these two delights, he said. His voice was raspy, making it tough to hear inflections in the way he spoke, especially with his face covered in the hood. They are ... well to be honest I don't know what to make of them. The bones said something was coming, but I didn't expect ...

Ah, where are my manners. My name is Narrander, the chief Shaman of this clan. Can I interest you in some tea? I'll send a Wishiwashi to make sure your friends don't miss where you went.
    At his words, a few of the fish in the swarm darted off. Meanwhile, a bird with remarkably dextrous wings set down the leek it was carrying to fly over to a tea pot and set it on top of the flames before fetching some of the small bowls under the cloth, which contained various dried plants.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-09-08 at 07:56 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira, having hoped to slip in without making the shaman aware of her presence, twitches slightly when he addresses her directly, straightening from her crouch. She takes in the room, the school of Wishiwashi, the skulls, the knucklebones, the Shaman's cloak, and his hand with a series of quick glances, her eyes lingering for a moment longer on the cloak as she recognizes it. Someone in my Clan honors this person... but is that a good omen or a bad one? The desire for her Clan to be at least a little more like the others that she's seen, which has been mostly dormant in their long flight across the Open Forest, rises up in her again, as she is faced with the fact that she can't trust her own Clan if she doesn't know the people acting personally.

Trying to keep her face neutral, Eira nods jerkily in response to the Shaman's offer. "I would be honored to take tea, elder," she says simply, falling into whatever small type of formality she knows. She spares a glance over at Eops and sits next to her, copying the Sneasel's pose as much as she can. All right, then; you've brought us here, she sends to her Guide, glancing at Eops sidelong again. Why are we here, exactly?
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu was in the midst of finishing the trade with Igross when the other two dashed off, led by their guides. Moghu hurriedly finishes the trade deal with Igross, confirms where they can find the raft, then tries to follow his companions.

Sinen, what's going on?

Show

12. - Top - End - #492

RedKnightGirl

Jayce felt very much like he was in the presence of a Zubar Guru. Maybe all the shamans were like this. And if Sheba brought him here it must be for a reason. He accepted the offer with reverence

"Of course, Guru, I mean shaman. We did not mean to disturb you. I wonder if our pokemon thought you could help."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Eira
    I'm not sure. I just knew that this was the right way, that he holds the key to keeping Jirachi safe. He's a shaman right? Maybe he knows the way to the Purelake Lati shrine? We still don't know where in the mountains we're actually headed. Eops' thoughts were measured, careful. He was trying to logic his way through your question, though you could feel that his instincts as a guide weren't often logical in nature.

Jayce
    Jayce! Look at this! I think this guy has some trinkets from the mountains! Sheba had landed upside-down next to a small drum made of birch and stretched hide, with large mallets hanging from it. You recognized it as a traditional Whismur Clan drum: they'd use the things when they went on warpath to send signals to their warriors when taking down big game, or when raiding another clan.

Eira and Jayce
    As the strange bird served tea to the five of you, Eops and Sheba included. The man sipped his tea only after blowing on it. Drinking too quickly is a recipe for a burned tongue. His voice was raspy enough, and his facial features stiff enough from burn scars, that you weren't entirely sure if he were serious or joking.

Your pokemon are quite remarkable. I can sense the power of Jirachi on them, though I suspect most Shamans wouldn't notice unless they were looking for it. If they led you here, then indeed there must be something I can do to help you.

Of course, I've also heard stories of some youngsters working with the Soul Eaters to steal Jirachi at the clansmeet. Not that any of the active soul eaters would've let you keep Pokemon as powerful as those. Too much power that they could feed on. No, you are definitely not working with them.

Which begs the question, what did happen?

At that moment, Moghu entered the tent, Sinen clamped onto his back. After a moment of surprise, Narrander lay out cups and saucers for the two and said Ah, and here comes another. Welcome, and please have some tea..

Moghu
    There was a calling. A man is important, or is involved somehow. Those two ran off to find him. I figured it was better to stay with you. Besides, I can't move as fast as they do. Much better if you carry me. She remained anchored to your upper back and shoulder, already heavier than she was when you'd first found her.

Right as she'd finished, a few Wishiwashi darted up to you, swirling in a circle before pointing in an arrow down the path. Igross let you know they belonged to Narrander, the lead Shaman of the clan, and were trustworthy to follow. They led you down several paths until you reached an isolated hut connected to the rest of the settlement by only a single bridge.

Inside, you found Eira, Jayce, Eops, and Sheba being served tea by a robed man. Half his face and one of his hands were badly burned, far worse than the wounds that you or Inneq had sustained in the great fire years ago. Still, they seemed to have healed as well as they'd ever be able to. The hut was what you'd expect from a shaman, complete with a hole in the floor so his Wishiwashi could observe the proceedings in peace. You noticed tucked in a corner a traditional Noctowl Clan headress, which had at one point been quite famous in the deep forest. Of course, with the entire clan dead, he must of had it for quite some time now.

You'd arrived just in time to hear him say Of course, I've also heard stories of some youngsters working with the Soul Eaters to steal Jirachi at the clansmeet. Not that any of the active soul eaters would've let you keep Pokemon as powerful as those. Too much power that they could feed on. No, you are definitely not working with them.

Which begs the question, what did happen?

Then he looked up at you, and his face brightened. Or at least you thought it did. He was hard to read, with the amount of scar tissue covering most of his face. Ah, and here comes another. Welcome, and please have some tea. He gestured to a cushion with his non-burned hand, and set out a glass and a saucer for you and Sinen.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-09-13 at 08:15 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus was...more than a little wrong-footed by Eops and Sheba dashing off (okay, maybe a little more surprised about Eops than Sheba), kinda stumbling as he tried to think of an explanation to Igross before he was given an excuse in the form of the Wishiwashi school. Not exactly subtle.

Even knowing the Wishiwashi belonged to the Shaman of the tribe and were clearly beckoning him on, he still hesitated for a few moments before entering, tapping his staff on the ground as a way of announcing his arrival (not that he really expected the Shaman to be discussing anything incredibly secret that he wasn't meant to know, but old habits died hard.)

"Uh, sorry...we seem to be intruding a bit." He cast a glance towards the two guides that had led them to the Shaman.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Intruding? No, no. This is perhaps the most fascinating thing I have seen in my life. And I've seen a lot. Please come in, and I'll get some tea, though I perhaps don't have anything quite as small as your Comfey might find acceptable, his bird fetched another cup and saucer, smaller, but still dwarfing the small Fairy, and poured a small bit of tea into it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu grins slightly at Sinen's comment, noting her weight. It was surprising (he'd been taught how to properly care for a Paras from a young age, after all), but was still reassuring to know that he was properly caring for her. He did wonder how well he'd be able to carry her if she got too much bigger. While he was strong, there was a limit on what is reasonable to cart about. The duo follow the trail of Wishiwashi, Moghu continuing to grin softly as he converses with Sinen.

That grin vanishes as he hears somebody talking so familiarly about their Pokemon but, after seeing the man's scars, Moghu relaxed slightly. It may be an unconscious bias, but Moghu had a hard time thinking ill of one who suffered so greatly in the Dread Inferno. If the rumors about the Soul Eaters causing it were true, that meant this man was likely safe, although Moghu's eyes lingered on the Noctowl headdress.

Moghu gave Eira an apologetic glance before speaking, making steady eye contact with the shaman, ignoring the tea for the moment.

After passing the trials, when it was our time to wish upon Jirachi, we were attacked. Ithgar of the Soul Clan revealed himself as Fenris. He attacked us with an army of shapechangers, trying to steal Jirachi. Beshelt, another undertaking the trials, also revealed herself as a member of the Soul Eaters. Sheketh sacrificed himself to let us escape with Jirachi, and we've been on the run since. We found our companions while trying to keep ahead of the Soul Clan, Moghu says, sending a quick thought to Sinen. Keep an eye out. I trust this shaman, but there could be others nearby.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2021-09-15 at 08:00 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #497

RedKnightGirl

Jayce takes a sip at the tea, perhaps naively. He nearly spits it back out after Moghu describes their situation in detail with a stranger. But they did need help, and their guides hadn't led them wing wrong yet.

"We've been holding all that in for a long time. We only have a faint idea what we are doing. But our pokemon led us here, so they must believe you can help."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Narrander's frown deepened as he listened to Moghu's story. That is quite the story. Of all the Soul Eaters, Fenris used to be the weakest. After all, the Mightyena weren't much of Shamans, and his magic was particularly difficult to use in any practical way.

If Fenris has mastered the art of transformation, creating those monsters, then he's likely enlisted the help of a dark power to increase his power. It was the bickering over this power that finally led to the Soul Eaters dissolution. But if Fenris destroys Jirachi ... well, the world as we know it will end.

Sinen had wandered over to some of the oddities on the side of the room, tucked away on shelves. Near the Noctowl Headdress were other items: a fan made of extraordinarily brightly colored feathers, a jagged multicolored stone, an amulet made of fangs, a pair of shoes with large pieces of wood attached to the bottom, and a vibrating clay jar. He speaks of dark powers Moghu but ... there is something here. Chained. Restrained. But dangerous nevertheless. It reminds me of when we saw Fenris, but like a shadow of his power. It ... it's dangerous Moghu. He can help us find the shrine of the Lati's but I think this is why we're here. You heard some fear in Sinen's voice, though it wasn't reacting as if she were in any immediate danger.

As for how I can help, I can certainly offer directions. It sounds like the Soul Clan members in the purelake could aid in your quest. They lie at the base of the Soaring Aria, a spire of rock that is the furthest west the mountains extend into the purelake. I'm sure they would know where to take Jirachi so it would be safe. Certainly Fenris won't stop hunting you until he has Jirachi in his grasp. Jayce was familiar with this location, though he'd never been there personally. There were usually easier places to get in and out of the mountains unless you were headed specifically to the purelake itself.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira tenses at the shaman's casual statement regarding Fenris' power. How does he know that so precisely? The fact that he's a shaman, that he's obviously lived a lot of life, that the Soul Eaters seem to be fairly well known in the right circles in the South all present themselves as plausible reasons behind his knowledge, but none of them are enough to shake her paranoia. The fact that they've given him their story and now he knows where they're going bothers her as well--but this is mitigated by the fact that now they know where to go, which they didn't have a few moments ago.

Sinen's comments only solidify the hard edge of Eira's suspicion. She feels frost begin to form on her knuckles, and works not to let the claws show. Be ready to fight something, she sends softly to Eops, memories of the ghost stories of the Clans of the north stirring in her mind.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu listens to Sinen's words, his muscles slowly tensing as she mentions Fenris. He seems to know a bit more about Fenris and the Soul Clan than I am comfortable with as well, Moghu says to his companion Paras.

As Sinen spots the various trophies on the shelf, the fact that one of the Soul Eaters was a member of the Noctowl clan was enough to make Moghu slightly suspicious. Still, they had a path to the Shrine that they did not previously, and they finally had a real target, not just a vague plan. We appreciate your guidance, the tea, and the help you provided so far. If you have the time, my companion is wondering about your trophies, Moghu continues, looking at the headdress specifically. What more can you tell us about the Soul Eaters? Besides Fenris' powers, we are almost completely in the dark on what we're dealing with, Moghu states, remembering what Malta and the others had told them about Eostra. Were they responsible for the Inferno? Moghu asks, almost at a whisper.

Show

21. - Top - End - #501

RedKnightGirl

Jayce pondered the words, and agrees with Moghu's concerns. "It's good to see a friendly face, but only because our pokemon pointed you out. If you know we are not thieves, how can we make others see that? This journey has been made more difficult by avoiding the help of others, I think. There's so much we don't know about our enemies and our friends. And what about the Shrine in the Purelake, to the Lati's? We hoped to find some answers there, too."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Narrander glanced at the shelf with the Headdress and other trophies before looking back at you. He collected his thoughts, taking his time to frame his words carefully. The Soul Eaters were the cause of the fire, at least in a roundabout way. In the beginning, the group was meant to be a force of good, forging connections between clans and regions, sharing our knowledge of magic which had been hoarded jealously for ages.

But over time they shifted, became something dark. And they uncovered a power that should have been left sealed, unable to corrupt our world. And six of them fought over this power, fracturing them as each coveted the bits of power the others possessed. The Noctowl wanted to tear apart the barrier between life and death. The Whismur saw the world as broken, and needed to be forged anew. The Doduo was simply jealous, craving power to rule the beings of the forest. The Mightyena wanted a perfect union with Pokemon, even if it meant losing our humanity. The Orricorio was terrified of her own impending death, and sought immortality. And the Weavile thought that the weak should be purged, to create a more perfect humankind.

The seventh sought to escape, realizing how twisted the group had become. to end the reign of terror he had been a part of. He could not change the past, but he could work to prevent the dangers of the future from manifesting.

So when the Soul Eaters met in the Deep Forest three years ago to reforge their alliance, he set a fire, hoping to claim their lives and destroy the ancient darkness. He failed to kill any, but the Soul Eaters trust was shattered, and each distrusts the others fully. They are a blight on the world, but a blight unfocused, uncoordinated, and without the desire or ability to work together for whatever corrupted goals they have for this world.

As for how I know all of this,

The man pulled the neck of his robe open, baring his chest which bore the scars of burns from the inferno he spoke of. And underneath those burns a mark, etched into his skin by some magic, was the three pronged trident of the soul eaters, the very same one that Fenris bore on his own chest.

I am the one who set the fire. Because I am the seventh Soul Eater.

Spoiler: Insight DC 10
    Show

Narrander does not regret setting the fire. He saw it as necessary. He does however, seem regretful when he tells the earlier parts of the soul eaters tale. You also sense no malice directed towards you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus narrowed his eyes slightly. Laeo and the others had brought them here. Their being here was Jirachi's will. But still...

He tightened his grip on his staff slightly. "Tell me something, then, for my own curiosity if nothing else. When you decided that that fire was the only way to destroy the Soul Eaters...did you know the damage it would wreak, and simply not care? Or did you judge the dozens of lives that were lost, the many more who were wounded, the ways of life that were irrevocably changed even to this day...was all of that a price you decided was worth paying?"
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

As Narrander continues his speech about the Soul Eaters, Moghu instinctively moves to collect Sinen, putting himself between the man and his Paras. When he begins speaking of them so familiarly and mentions the fire Moghu's entire body becomes tense. A hand drifts towards his cluster of hunting spears. For the last week Moghu had been fixated on the idea that the Soul Eaters had caused the Inferno, and had been plotting his revenge against Fenris when they next met. To find out that it was the Soul Eaters, but not Fenris, was a harsh blow to Moghu.

Do you have any idea what you did? Moghu shouts, ignoring Velitus' more reasonable arguments. Do you know how many of my brothers and sisters died? How many cannot speak to the Great Mother? The damage you caused the Great Mother? To Inneq? Moghu says, his voice only rising in volume as he lashes out against the nearest, most fragile object. At least one Soul Eater should have died in that blaze, Moghu roars, clearly barely restraining himself from attacking the man.

Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

While Moghu's fury shows itself nearly as hot as the fire he loathes, Eira's anger burns cold. This man had worked with monsters and fools, and he had named one of her Clan as part of this traitorous bunch. A few weeks ago, the fact that someone from Clan Weavile would have consorted so often with Southerners would have been just as incredulous to her as the idea that one would perpetuate evil on the scale the Soul Eaters seem to make. Now, both things seem uncomfortably plausible.

Eira rises silently, her gaze fixed on the Soul Eater in front of her. You were right, this was the right place for us to go, she sends to Eops and the group, her inner voice cold as midwinter snows. We know where we need to go next, we know the source of the rot that I need to tear out of my Clan, and we can eliminate a threat to us before it becomes another problem at our backs. Her icicle claws form on her knuckles, but Eira remains still, waiting for the Soul Eater's attention to waver so that she can strike while he's vulnerable.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506

RedKnightGirl

To Jayce the fire did not seem that unreasonable in the long run. Surely, he understood Moghu's anger, but it was shortsighted. Maybe he would feel differently if his clan suffered the loss, but then again, his clan was not so tightly interdependent.

"So, your job isn't finished then. The Soul Eaters are still active and doing harm. Remember he was trying to help the world..."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

As tensions in the room came to a boiling point, the Wishiwashi in the lake below vibrated, disturbed by the loud voices. Narrander himself appeared nervous, though perhaps not surprised. When he spoke, he picked his words carefully, and talked with slow deliberateness.

I know the damage that was caused, and the lives that were lost. I know the forest that still burns, and the mothers who lost children. And I know that, given the chance to do it all over again, I would've still set the fire. Though, he turned to Moghu, you're right that at least one of them should have died. And that I wish I could change dearly.

His tea sat untouched, and he did not rise or make sudden moves. However, a steeliness had come into his eyes as he continued. And you are right that my work isn't done. Unfortunately, traveling is no longer possible for me, he indicated his burned body, which you had seen walked with a severe limp, Otherwise I would be chasing them down as we speak, and destroying the demons they use to enhance their power.

I will offer whatever aid I can for your journey, for if you are Jirachi's chosen, then perhaps the four of you can do what I was unable to. And if you find me wanting, I offer you that a blazing forest is far better than a world where Marshadow has been loosed on the land once more.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

And what aid can you offer? Moghu spits, still leering at the man. The Inferno had changed his station in the Paras forever, and had done far more damage to their Clan than many of the others. Who was Narrander to judge whether the flames were worse than Marshadow, whatever that was? Can you tell us where to find these demons they use, to strike them down? Can you give us weapons that can end Fenris and the others? Or will you simply tell us to start another great blaze to attempt to kill a Soul Eater, and wipe out the Paras for good this time?

Show

29. - Top - End - #509

RedKnightGirl

Jayce is worried about how this might turn out. "Well, he may be right. Didn't we have a similar conversation not long ago? We talked about the stakes and our actions, as well as the effects it has on others. This is were we put it to the test. What's more important, here? There's no happy way out of this I'm afraid. WE need all the help we can get or everything that has happened won't matter. We will lose, and the Soul eaters will win."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you all might actually find more success than I did in that front, Narrander said. He stood, turning towards the shelf that Sinen had examined, and walked towards it.

Assuming Eira Doesn't Attack (if she does, disregard the below)

Narrander shambled to the shelf, before selecting a jagged rough stone colored a deep orange and green. He covered his hand in his robe and picked it up, the fire almost immediately dimmed, and Narrander took a slow, deep breath. He returned and sat it on the table.

I would advise you not to touch it with your bare hands. Even with gloves on, its pull is ... unnaturally powerful. The light seemed to bend and warp around the gem, though it certainly hadn't before. You could hear the faintest hint of whispers at the edge of your awareness, but never strong enough to make out words. It was as if the attention paid to it had ... woken it in some way. Up close, it was clear that this was once part of a larger whole, but had been broken somehow into pieces.

This is a Fire Opal which we trapped a spirit from the Shadow Realm. It contains a portion of one of Marshadow's greatest generals, a being known only as Spiritomb. With it, a Shaman can greatly enhance their powers, but using it inevitably corrupts the user.

Eostra told us we could use this to eliminate disease. To end conflict. To commune with pokemon. To soothe even the anger of the Apex Predators. Now, I wonder if she believed this, or if she simply told us what we wanted to hear. Perhaps if we had harbored less greed and avarice in our hearts, we would have been able to resist. It led to bickering among us, until Eostra agreed to break it into pieces, so we may each carry it with us. Without that compromise, we would have split far sooner than we had before, and Eostra would have held all of Spiritomb's power. Perhaps, that would have been preferable.

How she separated it, I do not know. But nothing I have tried has succeeded. My magic is not an offensive one to be fair, but our Watershapers have failed as well.

He looked at your group, then more specifically at your guides. Your pokemon carry the power of Jirachi within them. Presumably, Jirachi's power must be greater than Spiritomb's, so perhaps their power has the ability to suppress or seal the spirit inside.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show