New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Darkness Rising (PTU)

Velitus gazed in awe at the beautiful crystal, forgetting the procession up towards it for a moment.

Then Moghu's yell made him literally jump in surprise, and he half turned to glare at the Paras tribesman for disrupting the solemnity of the ceremony before actually taking in what he was saying.

And then he saw the Emboar.

He hadn't seen the one that had killed Resh's friend. He'd merely heard the stories, and seen the wounds that the lucky survivors had come away with, and even if he'd have never admitted it aloud he was deeply grateful for the fact. (Of course, the fact that he didn't say it aloud didn't mean that it wasn't obvious whenever he spoke about it, which was likely in large part why Resh disliked him so.)

But this one was here, and coming right for them. For a moment Velitus glanced between Eira and Jayce as they started discussing tactics, then back to the Soul Clan, still not entirely willing despite the severity of the situation to break the silence.

At least the Emboar was coming here, and leaving the people of the Clansmeet alone - the damage it had done had been massive, but he knew full well that that kind of damage was little more than incidental to its passage. If it had wanted to attack the Clansmeet it could have done much more.

Almost before he realised he was doing it, he turned back to face Jirachi's crystal - he didn't run to it the way Moghu had, instead just standing still where he was. Please...save them.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

As Moghu slammed his hands down on the barrier around Jirachi, his hands slammed into what felt like a stone wall. Hulloth's barrier didn't move an inch. And while the gem seemed to pulse a bit at Moghu's screamed wish - and when Velitus thought spoke his - nothing in the clearing changed. Beshelt and Yashe came tearing up the hill behind you all, with the Soul Clan members not too far behind.

No water types, Beshelt said, But we'd best leave the Emboar to the adults. We can all head to put out the fires, but you don't mess with Emboar.

The adults had heard your conversation even if they hadn't arrived at the top yet. Not a chance in the world, said Sheketh. Those of you not from the forest don't get it. This creature is like a Mamoswine, Gyrados, or Tyranitar. None of us stand a chance. Hulloths barriers should buy us some time though. If the other members of the Soul Clan were here we might be able to ... but they're with the Chespin now, so that's about as useful as a sandstorm right now.

But we can - Beshelt argued.

No. You can't. You want to help? Take this, he tossed an Apricorn ball to Beshelt and then looked at the lot of you. That's Cyclone. He's a Flygon, and while he can't carry you all a long distance, he could take you in a load down to the ground if the Emboarr comes up. If it comes to that, take Jirachi with you and make a run for it.
    We'll buy you enough time to get away.

Hopefully though, he won't come onto the stone. There's nothing to burn up here.
    Beshelt caught the Pokeball with a scowl. She seemed angry at Sheketh, and stalked over to Yashe, stashing the apricorn in her pack.

Ithgar had his teeth bared. Not exactly the night anyone expected, eh pups? For whatever reason, this entire situation seemed to excite him, though he didn't bother pulling out his daggers.

Meanwhile, Hulloth had been sprinkling some sort of powder at the edge of the path, chanting softly. A golden barrier rose into the air, completely blocking entry or exit from the Stone Circle. Now the only way off this rock was a long drop down. At the same time, the barrier around the purple crystal vanished. Hulloth could only keep one barrier up at a time it seemed. She didn't walk away though, and seemed to be wholly focused on pouring power into the thing, making it as strong as she possibly could.

Spoiler: Perception DC 10
    Show

In the light of the fire, you can see several dark, shaggy, bipedal shapes racing up the path towards the Stone Circle. You can hear the sharp impact of their claws on stone and occasionally a yip. The Emboar seems to be following their trail, but these creatures are far, far closer, closing in on the barrier Hulloth just made.

Spoiler: 13 or higher (visual only)
    Show

Something weird was going on with Ithgar. The sleeves of his jerkin seemed to be bulging oddly, and his face looked slightly different than it had even a minute ago. Maybe the nose had gotten smaller? Or the cheekbones more severe? You weren't sure.

Spoiler: 17 or higher (visual only)
    Show

These pokemon appear to be some sort of bastardized Mightyena, standing on two legs, hunched over grotesquely. Their claws were far longer than they had any right to be, the size of small daggers.

Spoiler: 13 or higher (audio only)
    Show

As soon as the barrier around Jirachi came down, you heard a faint humming in the air, almost too soft to notice. At times it felt like white noise, and at other times it coalesced to something that could almost be described as a melody.

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-03-28 at 09:04 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira grimaces, shaking her head; she wasn't suggesting that they fight the thing, just lead it away from others so that the fires might actually have a chance of being put out. She looks back towards the thing named Emboar with some slight annoyance. What was the point of proving our worth in a fight... if...

Eira's eyes widen, then narrow.

"Looks like someone took my idea already and used it against us," she says quickly, watching the odd forms in front of the Emboar racing even closer. "There's a pack of some sort of Pokemon running ahead of the Emboar, leading it here; they'll beat it to us, and it looks like the Big and Burny is following them. Someone's using a natural disaster to attack the Clansmeet." Her hand moves from Pebble's Apricorn to Omen's, and she releases the Houndour a moment later; he may not be much use against the Emboar, but these yipping Pokemon heading towards them might be a different story.

Even as she tenses up and prepares for battle, Eira spares a glance back at the glowing stone that supposedly contains Jirachi. Well, if it does grant wishes, it doesn't do so right away, she thinks almost idly, the stillness before a fight beginning to descend upon her. Moghu should've woken it up with his yelling. A sudden thunderstorm to deal with the rain would probably come in handy right about now.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu focused on his breathing, trying to calm himself. Images of the Dread Inferno all those years ago raced through his mind, causing the burns across his body to ache.

If Jirachi wasn't going to help, he was going to have to try to handle things himself. He knew he stood no chance against an Emboar, but out of everyone here, including even the Soul Clan, nobody was more qualified to fight an inferno.

Rella, soak everything, Moghu commands, watching the Poliwag begin to coat the area, and all within, with thick coats of water. As the Soul Clan began to formulate a plan, Moghu went to stand near them. If have fought fires for the Paras for years. I survived the Dread Inferno, and I know Emboar. I will help, Moghu states simply. We need to draw the Emboar somewhere it cannot spread the flames further, and rally the clans that breed Water-Types. If we don't contain the blaze soon, it will be unmanageable, he continues, watching Rella toddle over to each person on the hilltop, one at a time. That means these stones, or the river. If we can change its course... Moghu continues, looking to Eira. If there were people leading the Emboar here, they could just as easily lead it somewhere else, right? As Moghu did this, he cought the unprotected stone in the corner of his eye. Jirachi could not hear him before, but now?

Moghu grunted as he walked away, trying to look like he was approaching Rella to receive his own coat of water. When he was close enough to the stone, Moghu approached as quickly as he could. When he was close enough, Moghu placed both hands upon the stone, focusing intently upon whatever might be within.

No more fires. Stop this, and make sure it never happens again. This is my wish, Moghu thinks earnestly, focusing with all his might on the rock. The fires take and take and take; do not let them take more from me, Moghu adds, whispering as focuses upon the stone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Sports for everyone, if they want them!
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite everything, Velitus smiled slightly as he saw the crystal pulse in response to his thoughts. Jirachi heard me!

Then Eira told them that the Emboar was being driven - or perhaps lured - towards the stone circle by someone. And then Sheketh started making plans for how the petitioners could survive with the sacrifice of the Soul Clan members.

If the rest of the Soul Clan was here... "Did we do exactly what they wanted?" he asked, quietly. He wasn't really sure who he was asking.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Make a run for it with Jirachi? They could do that? It was starting to look more and more necessary as the things came closer. Jayce ran up next to the crystal protectively, not sure what he could do to be most useful. He reached down to touch it and feel the weight of it. "If we need to move, I'll carry this. Dao! watch out for those incoming. Ivan needs to rest if we need him later to fight the fire."

While close to the stone, he couldn't help but recall that he was supposed to make a wish at some point, but now hardly seemed the time. But still he couldn't help but think. I wish Garet were here, alive and well. He'd know what to do. But he wasn't here, and Jayce had to do what he knew to do. "How heavy is this crystal if we need to move it?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone accepted a quick soaking from Rella, though Beshelt's Snubull didn't seem to enjoy the dousing. Ithgar stalked over to the barrier, peering through the golden screen at the shapes more visibly racing up the path. They looked like some sort of hybrid between a Mightyena and a human, running on two feet while hunched over. Muscles rippled under their fur, and their mouths were bared in fangs.

The gem flashes with a dull purple light, a bit brighter, every time somebody makes a wish of it, either in their head or aloud. Sheketh seemed to notice this, and that alone brought him over to the gem to examine it. What in Diance's name is happening? I've never seen -

The tall man shook his head, his full-body wrap rippling in the breeze. He began issuing orders as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Emotion had vanished from his face, and it was clear that he was fully focused on organizing a plan. Now isn't the time. You lot, get prepared to flee. Jayce, you're in charge of the gem if the barrier gets broken. It's clear this has been a setup from the start, all the way back to what's been happening at the Chespin Clan camp.

Keeping the gem safe is your first priority: even moreso than stopping the fires. We Open Foresters might not be as good as the Paras at keeping fire contained, but there are enough water types to be able to keep it from escaping too far ... I hope.

Ithgar, Hulloth and I will hold off these creatures while you lot -

Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!

You all spu rapidly from Sheketh to look at the golden barrier. Only the barrier was gone. The choked scream had come from Hulloth, who had two Ekans latched onto her throat. The serpentine bodies inexplicably were emerging from where Ithgar's hands should have been, as if his very arms had been replaced by these live, venemous Pokemon.

The rest of Ithgar's body seemed to be like wax, skin pulling away and molting. Away fell the familiar face and body you were used to, Ithgar's corpse falling to the ground. Where he stood was another man, also with Mightyena tattoos. His face was leaner, more sallow. The muscles were smaller. He wore a necklace from which hung many different bones from Pokemon. A pair of fangs on the necklace that looked awfully like an Ekans fang glowed softly.

Hulloth's face paled, and her body fell lifelessly to the ground. The barrier vanished with it.

Sheketh stood still for a moment, taking in the situation, the man in front of him. His face was pale, and he obviously recognized the man. Fenris ... but how?

Beshelt! Release Cyclone NOW! Everyone get on and get out of here.

But as eyes turned to Behselt, she too, had a body at her feet. Yashe, the boy from the Beautifly Clan, had his throat slit. Beshelt's two Pokemon were released, pawing the ground in eager anticipation for the fight that was brewing.

Sorry about this. she said. I'd hope to get you off the rock so I wouldn't have to kill you all, but it didn't work out that way.

Beshelt! Ithgar ... Fenris, roared. Get the gem and get out here. They're stuck as long as you have that Flygon. Sheketh doesen't have any other mounts..

The golden barrier gone, the monsters almost at the top of the hill, and with two traitors in your midst, things had gone very, very wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battlemap. Things are a little cramped up here. Make sure you update your status tracker to fully healed. I don't have NPC HP bars and stuff entered yet, but assume everyone is at a full green bar.

For ease of play, all NPCs will have an initiative of 9, though some may have higher speed evasion than a 9 would indicate.

Assume Ithgar/Fenris has a nice bold red name over his head indicating that he's dangerous as anything. Sheketh clearly plans to try and take him, leaving everything else to you lot.

In case this was not made clear, this is not a fight to win by KOing everyone. You will probably lose if this is the case, though based on the last fights you're a tough group, so who knows. Your goals are to grab the Flygon (or potentially find a different way off the rock, I'm open to suggestions) and get out with Jirachi.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-03-29 at 09:29 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

When the Ekans appeared, latching onto Hulloth's throat, Moghu instinctively dropped into a crouch, before freezing at the unexpected horrors unleashed in front of him. He had witnessed horrors, but never anything on this magnitude. Moghu was already moving towards Hulloth when the attack happened, but too slow. Fortunately for him for, had he been quicker, he would have been face to face with whoever (or whatever) Fenris was.

That, however, was not what stopped Moghu cold, or what made his eyes burn with a cold, inner flame. That didn't happen until Beshelt's betrayal was made clear.

Among the Paras, there was no real concept of loyalty, because such a thing was redundant. Betraying the Paras was unthinkable, unknowable, something that was so against their nature that, had Moghu not been as badly burned as he was, the mere concept of betraying somebody would have caused him unthinkable nausea. Moghu had only made a handful of friends outside the Paras, and now one was not only trying to kill him, but had been party to the great blaze down below. A blaze that threatened to kill not only him, but Inneq and the Clansmeet as well.

RELLA! Moghu bellowed, glaring at Beshelt. KILL THE STRIPED ONE! BESHELT IS MINE! he roars a moment later, eyes burning. Rella, for her part, acted slightly more cooler than Moghu in the situation, charging forward before ramming her body into the black and white striped Pokemon before her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rella
    Shift: Move from J5 to I4!
    Action: Use the Push Maneuver on the Zigzagoon!
    AC 4: (1d20+2)[6] (AP used)
    Athletics: (2d6+3)[10]
    If this succeeds, push the Zigzagoon over the edge and move to H4!

Show

9. - Top - End - #279

RedKnightGirl

Jayce looks closely at Beshelt and wondered if this was the same girl he'd met the very first day. While the all the chaos was happening , he stood protectively over the crystal and took the direction to take care of it seriously. He didn't let the shock of the turn of events slow him down this time. There was no time to wonder what someone else would do.

He scooped up Jirachi in his arms and Ivan complained on his back trying to get a look at the action. Jayce took it as far away from Beshelt as he could, and looked down at the long fall. He wasn't afraid of heights and he'd jump if he had needed to. Turning around he dared anyone test his footing on the ledge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pick up Jirachi and ruuuuun!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira stands frozen for a long moment as the situation rapidly changes several times over. By the time she's caught up to what's happening, the objectives have become fairly simple, despite the madness. "Her," she says simply, pointing to the girl who had shown where she stood with the rest of them. Omen yips once and races off, fire already pouring from his mouth.

Eira takes a slightly different course, weaving recklessly in between Fenris and Sheketh before slipping around one of the standing stones towards Beshelt. "This is rather stupid of you," she remarks conversationally, gathering ice and snow from thin air into her hands. "I don't know how strong Fenris and this pack is, but no matter what happens now you definitely won't survive it." With a flick of her wrists, the snow goes howling over the battlefield towards the Mightyena girl.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Omen

Move Action: Shift to K6.

Standard Action: Ember on Beshelt.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[2] vs. AC 2, Burn on 18+
    Damage: (2d6+29)[36]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[19]

Eira

Move Action: Shift to I7, avoiding Fenris' threatened squares.

Standard Action: Powder Snow, hitting Beshelt and her Snubbull.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[4] vs. Ac 2, Freeze on 19+
    Damage: (2d6+16)[25]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[17]
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Chaos erupts across the battlefield as figures begin sprinting into motion. Jayce manages to safely extricate himself, moving to the opposite edge of the battlefield as Beshelt. Meanwhile, the Mightyena girl ducks behind the Menhir just in time for Omen's flames to crash into it instead of her. Putting her weight behind the thing, she topples it onto Moghu, where it crashed painfully onto his body, the sacred stone shattering into many small pieces.

Eira's small gale catches the pink canine, a Snubbull as you'd heard it called, but a flash of light distracts her eyes, allowing her to duck under the gale. As the flash of light cleared, you noticed it had come from a small gem she had hanging around Beshelt's neck. Rella slammed her body into the Zigzagoon, hoping to shove him over the edge, but the striped pokemon stood his ground. Beshelt lashed out at the Poliwag, and her partner assisted, nipping at Rella's tail while she was distracted.

If they want to send us toppling, we'll do the same! Beshelt cried. Her Pokemon leapt into action. The Snubbul gave a warning growl to Eira that sent shivers down her spine before racing to slam into Akari, shoving the bug right to the edge of the precipice. Meanwhile, the Zigzagoon twisted around Rella, unsuccessfully trying a similar maneuver that would have sent the Poliwag directly into the open air.

The monsters, slobber dripping from their jaws, had arrived on the battlefield. They inserted themselves into the field, getting up close and personal with as many of you as they could. One even tried to pin Eira to the ground, though it seemed slightly winded from the sprint up the hill.

Meanwhile, Sheketh had charged Fenris, spear a blur in the air. As the point sunk into Fenris's back, another one of the man's bones from his necklace glowed, and spines sprouted out of his back as if he were a Sandslash, digging into Sheketh's flesh. The shaman spun, shredded jerkin falling to the ground as his Ekans-arms latched onto the sand-warrior's legs.

Under the light of the moon, you saw an unmistakable tattoo or brand on his chest. Done in red ink, it stood on his sternum as a wicked looking trident with three prongs, each capped with a small hook. It's over Sheketh, he spat. Jirachi's corruption of our souls will end tonight.

Spoiler: Battle Actions
    Show

As a note, Pokemon knocked over the cliff may be recalled (assuming they have an apricorn ball) if their trainer uses a standard action to recall.

I’m not going to bother with specific rolls for Sheketh and Fenris. If you all start interfering in their fight we can break it down more.

The gem around Beshelt's neck is a Brightpowder.

Werewolf 1 Shifts to H8. It attempts to Grapple Eira. It hits! You need to beat a 9 with combat/athletics or be grappled.

Werewolves 2-4 take Sprint Actions!

Beshelt Shifts forwards and uses topples the Menhir on Moghu. He takes 31 Physical Rock Damage.

Beshelt uses Cheap Shot on Rella. It does 35 Physical Dark Damage. Zigzagoon’s Pack hunt deals on tick of damage.

Snubbull uses Intimidate as a swift action on Eira. She loses 1 Atk CS.
    It shifts to J3, but does not take AOOs due to Run Away. It uses Tackle on Akari. It hits. It deals 35 physical damage and Akari is pushed to M3.[/b]

Zigzagoon shifts to I5, taking AOOs from Rella . . It uses Tackle, but misses. Rella is not shoved off the edge!

Spoiler: Occult 4
    Show

The tattoo is one any child is familiar with, at least the ones your age. The trident brand belongs to the Soul Eaters. Not much is known about them, but they’re the things that go bump in the night.

Spoiler: 7+
    Show

Who are you kidding? Of course more is known about them! Only a kid would just believe the fairy tales without asking any more questions

The Soul Eaters were a group of 7 Shamans that operated for the past two or so decades. They were known for drawing on darke magic, and some even whispered that they worshipped Marshadow. Each bares the brand of the Soul Eaters on their sternum, and would leave this symbol as their mark to claim work as their own.

They aren’t around anymore, or at least, they haven’t been taking credit for anything in the Forest.

Regardless, not much is known about the actual members of the Soul Eaters

Spoiler: 13+
    Show

Just kidding. While many of the Soul Eaters deliberately hid their identities (some are said to still be the lead shamans of their clan to this day, with none the wiser) a few were willing to be more public about their identities.

Notably there’s Eostra, the Noctowl Clan Mage who is said to have sacrificed her entire Clan years ago to gain power. She’s the last of her clan left.

There’s also Fenris, an ex-Shaman of the Mightyena Clan. He was exiled for his experiments attempting to create more perfect bonds between clan members and their mightyena. It’s said that his own Pack Mates still run with him in grotesque imitations of life, robbed of sentience. Notably, the powers that he's displaying now are far beyond what even a powerful shaman could accomplish, and far beyond was his abilities were rumored to be.

The motives of the group remain unclear. In the beginning they called themselves the Healers, brining peace and order to the forest. It wasn’t long before things began to twist, however. When the Soul Clan announced a crusade against the Healers, they renamed themselves the Soul Eaters and revealed their true nature.

There was one member of the Soul Eaters for each geographical region of the world. Some say they were simply drunk on power, others think they sought to gain control of the forest. Things were complicated that, after they became a more notorious group, many things were ascribed to them that likely weren’t their doing at all.

Apparently the group has disbanded, each member going their own separate ways. Nobody knows why, only that the seven shamans remain at large. The lingering fire where the Deep Forest meets the Purelake known as the Emberfields is where everything literally went up in smoke for the group.

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-03-30 at 09:59 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Moghu raises his shield at the last moment, defending himself from the collapsing pillar as he began to sprint forward, ignoring the potential attack by the werewolf near him. After a quick swerve, the boy placed himself directly next to Beshelt and her striped Pokemon, spear darting back and forth to strike the duo over and over again. YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE! While he had hoped to send one of Beshelt's Pokemon toppling over the edge, ensuring that Rella was safe was a much higher priority. As he attacked, the Paras Clansman provided a barrier to Eira, raising his shield to defend her flank.

RELLA! the boy bellowed, leering at the Zigzagoon that dared to try to shove his sweet Poliwag over the edge. HIT THEM ALL WITH A BUBBLE! The Poliwag, injured but still able to fight, unleashed a storm of bubbles before slipping away, getting further from the edge.

Spoiler
    Show

Moghu
    Shift: Move from K5 to H6, in a loop to only provoke from werewolf boy.
    Action: Double Strike against Beshelt and the Zigzagoon!
    AC 2 (Beshelt): (1d20)[16]
    Damage (Normal, Physical): (1d8+16)[21]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[11]
    AC 2 (Zigzagoon): (1d20)[10]
    Damage (Normal, Physical): (1d8+16)[23]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[8]
    Both the Zigzagoon and Beshelt are Marked, and take a -3 penalty to attack anybody other than Moghu.

Rella
    Action: Bubble!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[12] (AP used), -1 Speed CS on 16+ (18+ due to modifiers)
    Damage (Water, Special): (2d6+24)[27]
    Critical: (2d6+8)[17]
    Shift: Disengage to J4!

Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira contemptuously catches the beast-man's paws before they touch her and shoves them away, using the momentum from the attack to spring herself backwards and out of range of the creature. She rolls over to Beshelt and comes up in a flurry of claws, one hand seeking out the Mightyena girl's face... while the other claw rakes across her stomach and down one arm before attempting to scoop away the Flygon's Apricorn. "Both!" she calls out to Omen.

The Houndour looks askance at his master for a moment, then leaps quickly atop the menhir, breathing out wisps of purplish gas.

Show
    Omen

Move Action: Disengage to J5.

Standard Action: Smog on Beshelt and the Zigzagoon.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[7] vs. AC 7, Poison on Even Numbers
    Damage: (1d6+26)[27]
    Crit: (1d6+5)[9]

Eira

Move Action: Disengage to I6.

Standard Action: Thief on Beshelt.
    Accuracy (AP Used): (1d20+1)[11] vs. AC 2
    Damage: (2d6+17)[22]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[11]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

For a few moments, Velitus just gaped as Fenris revealed himself. If anything, though, it was Beshelt turning and slitting the throat of one of their fellow petitioners as casually as breathing that stunned him more, and even as the violence broke out around him, he didn't move.

Akari's pained hiss as she went skidding backwards dragged his attention back to the present, though, and he looked at the Snubbull. "I'm sorry your loyalty to your mistress has led to this, little one," he said, softly, genuinely. "Knock it off the edge, Akari." The Swadloon was only too happy to repay the strike she'd been dealt, launching herself back at the Fairy-type fearlessly.

Then Velitus turned to look at the monster approaching him, and the monster that had been wearing Ithgar's skin duelling with Sheketh. "Fenris, once of Mightyena," he murmured. "So this is the result of his search for perfection."

He raised his staff, half closing his eyes. "Twisted spawn of the Soul Eater, you have no place in this world." The chant was a slightly repurposed variant of one he'd been taught to drive out ghosts, and he'd never been able to put any real power behind the words - but then the words were of little relevance anyway, and his staff shone with light as he raised it towards the bipedal monster. "BEGONE!"

Show
    Akari:
    Shift: Threaded Shift to K3.
    Standard: Tackle Snubbull, with an AP from Velitus.
    To-hit vs AC2 (+1 for Focused Training, +1 for AP): (1d20+2)[5]
    Normal Physical Damage: (1d8+23)[27]
    And on a hit it pushes Snubbull 2m backwards, which should be off the mountain.

Velitus:
    Shift: One square backwards.
    Standard: Resonance Beam on Werewolf #2.
    To-hit vs AC4, lowers special defence 18+: (1d20)[19] Well at least Velitus rolled well. That's a combat stage lost for the werewolf.
    Fairy Special Damage (+5 for SpAtk Focus): (2d6+23)[32]
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2021-03-31 at 05:23 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

RedKnightGirl

Jayce readies himself as one of the hybrid creatures approaches him. He steps to the side to try and to get it to lose its footing, but it was not that stupid. Still holding the crystal tight, he puts his shoulder down and charges into its body, aiming to push it off the edge.

"Dao! Help me!" The machop is quite busy however. He looks carefully around the area for any more tricks before taking a swipe with a hardened knife hand at the hybrid in front of him and steps closer to Jayce.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dao uses Foresight! He looks for any other illusions. Perception (3d6+2)[12]
    Dao uses Karate chop on 4! AP used.
    Attack:(1d20+2)[22] AC 2, crit on 17+
    Damage:(2d6+27)[32]
    Crit:(2d6+10)[16]

He then disengages to M7.

Jayce Disengages to O6 and attempts a push on 3!
    Attack:(1d20)[2] AC 4
    Athletics:(3d6+2)[15]

If successful push again, of the edge.
    Attack:(1d20)[4] AC 4
    Athletics:(3d6+2)[11]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Smoke covered the battlefield as Omen attempted to poison Beshelt and her companion, but at this altitude, and with no surrounding trees, the wind immediately carried the smoke away. Eira however, had more success in her maneuver, ending up with a small apricorn that glowed with soft runes. Moghu laid about with his blades, Rella her bubbles, though one of the monsters got a nasty scratch in on his arm as he moved into the melee.

Akari slammed into the Snubbull. While the attack didn't seem to do much damage, it was cast out into the open air, where it began falling for Beshelt whipped her arm around at lightning speed, tapping an Apircorn ball and recalling the creature before it could fall to is death. Velitus's blast of light seemed to disorient the creature, but as the fairy light faded, you noticed it didn't make as much of a dent as you'd assumed. These beasts were tough.

Jayce's attempts to shove the creature nearest him off the cliff were futile as it dug its claws into the ground. Dao however, got a nice blow in after ascertaining there were no more traitors in your midst. It's fist struck at its neck, and you heard a crunch as bones began to crack. The beast didn't go down even after that though.

In fact, the beasts seem enraged. One rushes headlong at Velitus, sending him off the edge of the cliff, into the open air that lead to a very, very bad landing below. Another sank its fangs into Eira, drawing blood, while a third seemed to be preparing for an ear splitting roar.

The Gem! Get the Gem! Fenris roared over the battlefield, and the creature near Jayce attempted to wrest the trainer's arms open to get at Jirachi's Chrysalis.

The shaman was distracted as Sheketh slammed the spear into him again, only to find the man's body suddenly growing a tough shell to repel the attack. Fenris's eyes flashed a deep green, and moisture seemed to leech out of Sheketh's body into the shaman as his hands turned into grasping vines. Take Cyclone and run! Take Jirachi to the Cave of the World Spirit. They'll know what to do - Sheketh's orders were cut off as he had to gasp for air, turning his full attention back to Fenris.

Meanwhile, Beshelt laid about with her daggers, but Moghu was able to slip between them deftly. He wasn't able to avoid the badly damaged Zigzagoon that slammed into his ribs, likely cracking a few with, with its head. Beshelt tried to snatch back the pokeball from Eira, but Eira was able to thwart the attempt.

Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf makes AOO vs Moghu: It does 27 Physical Normal Damage

Werewolf 1 shifts to H8 and uses Bite on Eira. It hits and deals 35 Physical Normal Damage. Beshelt and Zigzagoon make Pack Hunt attacks. Zigzagoon hits. Eira loses a tick of hit points.

Werewolf 2 shifts to L4 and uses Tackle against Velitus. It hits. It deals 25 physical normal damage and pushes Velitus into open air in L1. If nothing changes, he will fall to the ground

Werewolf 3 uses Disarm action. It hits. Jayce must make a DC 14 stealth or combat check or Jirachi is dropped.. If the disarm is successful, it will pick up the gem, provoking an attack of opportunity. If it fails, it will disengage to N6

Werewolf 4 uses Roar. At the end of the round (if its still up) it will shift to K6 (Dao gets AOO) and use Roar. It misses everyone but Dao. Dao will immediately use his shift to move away as far away from it as possible towards Jayce

Beshelt uses a full round action to recall and release the falling Snubbull.
    Beshelt uses a shift action to recall Snubbull, and a standard action to try and disarm Eira of the Pokeball. She misses.
    Beshelt uses a struggle against Moghu. It misses. She disengages to G6

Zigzagoon uses Headbutt on Moghu. It Crits. It deals 53 physical normal damage and Moghu is Flinched.. Snubbull makes a Pack Hunt attack. It hits. Moghu loses a tick of HP

Snubbull uses Tackle on Omen. It hits. It deals 35 physical normal damage. I don't think he can be pushed through the Zigzagoon though, so he stays where he is
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-03-31 at 11:43 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira quickly knocks the beast's fangs off of her side, freezing the wound with a burst of ice. She flashes back to the dream, moments before this; it's a repeat wound, almost. She tosses the Apricorn from one clawed hand to the other as Beshelt tries her clumsy grab, her grin sharpening at the girl. "Time to go, everyone!" she calls out, tossing the Apricorn of the Flygon over her shoulder without ever looking away from the Mightyena girl. A few moments later, her hands come up and together, sending howling ice and snow into her stomach. "Finish it!" she calls out to Omen, glancing over the battlefield.

Omen barks once in response before sending out a cascade of bright flames at the Zigzagoon in front of him, hoping to overwhelm it.

Show
    Omen

Move Action: None.

Standard Action: Ember on the Zigzagoon.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[7] vs. AC 2, Burn on 18+
    Damage: (2d6+29)[34]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[15]

Eira

Move Action: Release the Flygon at L6.

Standard Action: Powder Snow on Beshelt (and 1 if I can manage it with Line 4).
    Accuracy: (1d20)[6] vs. AC 2, Freeze on 19+
    Damage: (2d6+16)[23]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[14]

Eira gains a Tick of HP.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2021-03-31 at 11:59 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

As Omen's flames took down the small striped Pokemon that had broken several of his ribs, Moghu skirted his way around the wolf-like creature before attempting to ram into Beshelt, trying to send the girl backwards and (hopefully) over the edge. THIS ENDS NOW! he bellows, digging his feet into the stone to fling the smaller girl backwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moghu
    Shift: Disengage to H5!
    Action: Push Maneuver against Beshelt!
    AC 4: (1d20+1)[17] (AP used)
    Athletics: (4d6+3)[17]
    If that succeeds, Moghu will move into G6 then shove her again, sending her over the edge of the map.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2021-03-31 at 12:12 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #289

RedKnightGirl

Jayce struggles with the crystal; the beast was strong and fast and it began to loosen his grip. Still, he too knew how to dig into the rocky ground and manages to twist control back to himself. He was no match physically to this creature, but for the moment he had the advantage and holding Jirachi meant that they did not want to simply throw him off the cliff. So he held on like his life depended on it.

He looked up when Eira called out, it wouldn't be long til they had a chance to escape. He needed to get around these two. Thinking fast he took a few quick steps to push on the Menhir, trying to hit the one Dao injured. "Cover me! I'm coming in close!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jayce disengages to M7 and pushes the Mehir onto 4. AP added (3d6+5)[11]

Dao will either attack 4 with Karate Chop if it still stands or push 3.
    Karate chop!
    Attack:(1d20+1)[11] crit +17, AC 2
    Damage:(2d6+27)[37]
    Crit:(2d6+10)[19]

Push!
    Attack:(1d20+1)[12]
    Athletics:(3d6+2)[7]
    Athletics:(3d6+2)[12]

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus had seen the wolf-creature coming, and drawn the grass flute from his belt to try to pull himself away if it tried to pin him the way it had Eira. He...wasn't quite expecting it to slam into him with its full body weight. And for all his skill as a shaman, Velitus was without a doubt the least adept, physically speaking, of the quartet. "Whoooaaaaaa!" Almost before he realised he was doing it he drew on the flute's energy without even putting his lips to it, a line of silk leaping from his flailing hand and yanking him back to the mountaintop, landing just as Beshelt herself fell.

Akari hissed in fury and rounded on the monstrous creature that had attacked her Trainer, fangs bared.

Show
    Velitus:
    Standard: Equip his gadget.
    Shift: Threaded Shift back onto the mountaintop, in I4.

Akari:
    Shift: Not unless the menhir provides cover or something; if so, disengage to L3.
    Standard: Bug Bite.
    To-hit vs AC2 (+1 for Focused Training): (1d20+1)[10]
    Bug Physical Damage (+5 for Bug Booster): (2d8+30)[44]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

With Moghu preoccupied with Beshelt, Rella took the initiative on her own, darting forward to get a clear line of sight on the creature attacking Jayce, before her stomach spirals began to swirl, hopefully sending the creature into a deep sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rella
    Shift: Move to J6!
    Action: Hypnosis on 3!
    AC 6: (1d20+1)[3]
    On a hit, they fall asleep!

Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Jayce and Dao worked to keep Jirachi safe and continue wearing down the creatures near them, and while Dao's target looked much worse for wear, it had yet to fall. Velitus was able to move to the relative safety that Moghu's presence provided, and Akari sank her teeth deep into the creature that had almost sent you toppling into the darkness, doing some serious damage to the thing.

Despite having only met a few days before, Eira and Moghu moved in surprising synchronicity. As Omen covered Moghu by flaming the rodent, Eira coated Beshelt in icicles, causing her to pause just long enough for Moghu to slam into her, shoving her into the open air. She screamed as she fell through the darkness, and the fall was far enough that you didn't see her land.

The air stilled for a moment, then as one the creatures howled in perfect, unnatural unison. Red began to flood their eyes, and spittle flowed like the great river just to your north. They leapt into action with a fury, no longer attempting to delay, disarm, or grapple, instead focusing solely on the destruction they could provide. One toppled another menhir, this time sending it squarely on top of Akari. Another sank fangs into Rella, while two body checked Dao, sending him away from his trainer ... and from Jirachi.

The Flygon appeared in a flash of light. It was long, sinuous, and green, with red eye caps and a large pair of wings. Still, it seemed to be built for speed, not for carrying heavy loads. It likely wouldn't be able to carry you all far, and many of you would be left hanging on for your life from the single-person leather saddle strapped to its back.

Sheketh was not fairing well. Fenris had managed to disarm him of his spear, snapping it in half with muscles that bulged far larger than any humans could ever go. Fenris used the arm to grab a slab of stone from one of the fallen Menhirs, slamming it into Sheketh's stomach.

Still, somehow the warrior had the strength to cry orders to his Pokemon. Cyclone, get them to safety below. Jirachi is your first priority, the Flygon hummed, his wings vibrating rapdily before settling on the edge of the stones, perfectly still despite the fury in his eyes as he looked at Fenris.

Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf 1 takes AOO against Moghu for the push maneuver in G6. It hits. Moghu takes 26 physical normal damage

When Beshelt goes over the edge, the werewolves activate ??? Their Atk CS are raised 2 stages!

Werewolf 1 Disengages to J7 and uses Bite on Rella! It hits. Rella takes 40 Physical Dark Damage
    Werewolf 2 Disengages to K5 and topples the Menhir onto Akari. It hits and does 47 Physical Rock Damage
    Werewolf 4 uses Tackle on Dao It hits and deals 38 Physical Normal Damage. Dao is pushed to L6
    Werewolf 3 Disengages to M6 and attacks Dao with Tackle. It hits and deals 33 Physical Normal Damage. Dao is pushed to K7 (or K6 if Rella is still up)

The Werewolve's rage is building!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2021-03-31 at 08:33 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Regaining his balance after his close call with Beshelt's fate, Velitus found himself having to stagger back slightly as a Flygon materialised in front of him. He looked over at Akari - and went pale as the menhir was toppled on her, half turning away from the Flygon and starting to move towards her.

And then the little Swadloon pulled herself from the rubble of the menhir, her leafy armour tattered and ruined but very much alive and conscious, and sent a hail of razor-sharp leaves back at the werewolf with an angry, defiant hiss.

Velitus sighed in relief, and while the werewolf was busy, put the flute to his lips and blew silently into it, a more careful use of the power than he had the time before that sent three strands of silk looping around one of the knots on the saddle, wrapping the other end of the sticky thread around himself carefully. "Akari!" he called, and the Swadloon turned and slingshotted herself onto Velitus's back, attaching herself in much the same way as he'd attached himself to the Flygon.

Show
    The second effect of Akari's Sturdy means she can only ever lose 32 hitpoints at once, so she's still up despite the SE attack.

Velitus:
    Shift: None.
    Standard: Attach himself to the Flygon with Threaded.

Akari:
    Standard: Razor Leaf on Werewolf 2.
    To-hit vs AC4 (crits 18+, +1 for Focused Training, -2 for Rough Terrain): (1d20-1)[2]
    Grass Physical Damage: (2d8+25)[33]
    Shift: Threaded Shift onto Velitus's square to cling on (between Threaded and Wallclimber, I'm assuming she should be good)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Suiting action to words, Eira immediately moves to vault atop the Flygon, ignoring the various enemies all around them. "Finish that one!" she calls out to Omen, pointing to the one wolf-thing that seemed most weakened. The moment the flames leave his mouth, Eira recalls him to his Apricorn, glancing once more over the battlefield. "Can you get over to him?" she says to the Flygon, trying to direct it towards Jayce as much as she can.

Show
    Omen

Move Action: None.

Standard Action: Ember on Creature 4.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[19] vs. AC 2, Burn on 18+
    Damage: (2d6+29)[38]
    Crit: (2d6+8)[16]

Eira

Move Action: Recall Omen.

Standard Action: Mount the Flygon (AP used, +3 Saddle): (3d6+4)[18]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

As Moghu was beaming at having eliminated Beshelt, he left himself uncharacteristically open for an attack from the wolf-creature. Before he could respond, Rella appeared between the two, absorbing a blow that would have certainly taken out Moghu, before absorbing another, similarly powerful hit, finally falling unconscious.

Moghu snarled at the wolf-creature, desperately wanting to pay it back for hurting Rella. However, seeing the battle between Sheketh and Fenris gave him pause, as did the various wounds he had already sustained. He needed to leave now or else he, and Jirachi, would be in danger.

We need to move! Moghu shouts, returning Rella and leaping onto the back of the Flygon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rella Intercepts! Rolled in the OoC for it.

Moghu will just climb on! Shift to recall Rella.
    Athletics: (4d6+4)[15] (+3 from Saddle, +1 from Categoric Inclination)

Show

26. - Top - End - #296

RedKnightGirl

Jayce hesitates as he sees the path to Flygon seeming impossibly far with all the enemies in his way. He sees one hybrid taking fire from the Houndour and considers leaping off the south side. That would put him uncomfortably close to Ithgar, but it would give the Flygon a clear path to him.

"Dao, we're out of here, one last hit!" Jayce runs recklessly away, down the way they came up, holding Jirachi under his arm. "You'll have to grab me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dao uses Karate Chop on #2
    Attack:(1d20+2)[14] crit +17
    Damage:(2d6+27)[33]
    Crit:(2d6+10)[17]

Jayce moves! If Dao downs his target, Jayce moves to I4 and mounts and Dao moves to I5. If not, he recalls Dao and moves to J12, assuming #4 is downed by the Ember.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2021-04-02 at 12:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Chaos reigned as you all scrambled to mount or cling onto the Flygon. Moghu was somehow able to drag himself into the saddle despite his wounds, and Eira leaped up nimbly. Omen downed the most ragged Werewolf that Dao had been pummeling, and the Machop nearly took down another.

Jayce navigated his way to the edge of the rock near where Sheketh and Fenris were doing battle. For a moment it looked like Fenris was going to spin and engage with you, as you held Jirachi, but Sheketh managed to shove the broken haft of his spear through the Shaman's shoulder, forcing him to defend himself.

Keep her safe, and be careful who you trust. Sheketh called to you. Take her to the Cave of the World Spirit, and give her to nobody else.

Cyclone leapt into action, rushing across the rock. The Mightyena-creatures were hot on his heels, claws grasping for any purchase they could find on his scales. He did not stop to let Jayce mount, instead leaping into the air, wings buzzing, and snatching the trainer in its claws.

The flight, if you could call it that, was a bumpy one. You were a far heavier party than the Dragon would normally be able to carry, and his wings served only to slow your descent. He glided as far away from the advancing Emboarr as he could, for the creature seemed to be considering whether or not to race up the stone steps or return to the much more flammable forest.

Fires blanketed the landscape to the south, blocking access to river where the clansmeet stood, though the fires didn't seem to be spreading far, and the river was a natural barrier to the blaze. This part of the open forest was relatively lightly wooded, more grasslands and plains than forest proper. The further north and east you went though, and the thicker the trees would become, before giving way to the Purelake or the mountains, or clumping together so much as to block out direct sunlight, the sign of entering the Deep Forest.

The Flygon landed roughly, dropping off Jayce shortly before it made contact with the ground. It seemed to be quivering, and as soon as all of you dismounted, it took to the sky, racing back towards its master and the jutting structures of the Stone Circle. It, and you, had gained a coat of soot in addition to the wounds from battle you'd taken. The moon was half-full, and hung low in the sky. The night was still young, and there was enough light to navigate effectively, for those who knew how.

The crystal in Jayce's hands continued to pulse with a soft purple light every once in a while. Those Pokemon of yours who were released took great interest in it, nuzzling it affectionately. Regardless of how this turned out, all of you had just been through a battle the likes of which few ever saw, with monsters born of nightmares. It was a harrowing experience.

Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations! Go ahead and level up to Trainer level 5, with Pokemon levelling up to 18.

I don't think any of your pokemon will evolve with levels there, but I should mention that Pokemon might evolve early/late and hopefully in a narratively powerful moment. I'll also play around with evolution levels (Pebble staying a Rhyhorn until 40 is painful, for example, when most other mons are in third form by then). If you ever feel like a Pokemon is facing one of those moments and should be evolving, let me know and we'll work it out.

This is the end of my railroad! While I have big picture stuff mapped out, this is going to be much more reactionary to your needs and desires as players moving forwards (though the goal of delivering Jirachi is still there). If you all want to take a detour to get some move tutors, you might visit a local clan, or you might focus on making progress across the map.

We'll likely float between more granular travel, especially on the early side when you all don't have a ton of supplies and are just starting out, and more timeskip travel where we wave away a week or two at a time.

Discovering where the Cave of the World Spirit is will be one of your first challenges, but feel free to make an occult roll if you'd like.
    Spoiler: DC 4
    Show

The cave is definitely in the mountains somewhere.
    Spoiler: DC 7
    Show

It's in the northern part of the mountains
    Spoiler: DC 10
    Show

You have a few options as far as getting more specific information. Soul clan members could tell you more, and there are members at the shrines for the Lati Duo in each region.

Some of the more occult clans are rumored to know: the Marowak of the mountains or the Gothitelle of the Deep Forest, for example.

Places of great power where the barrier between worlds frays thin can sometimes give rise to visions. Hunting down one of those spots might also lend themselves to clues.

Regardless though, you know that you need to head east and north, though which route you take to get there is up to you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Eira slides off the Flygon as soon as she can, its Apricorn still clutched in her hands. She considers returning it before it flies away, but relents a moment later; it deserves to try and help its master, as hopeless as that fight may be. She keeps ahold of the Apricorn, however, just in case it comes in handy later.

The Cave of the World Spirit... "North and east," Eira announces to the group, turning back to all of them. "We can figure out where we need to go a little later, but I know the cave is north and east, in the Spine. How many of you know how to cover your tracks?" She looks askance at the three others with her, especially at the hulking Moghu. "I'll try to cover our path, then; if more of those weird Mightyena-things come after us, they might be able to sniff us out, but I can try to confuse our scent as well. The biggest thing is that we have to get out of here before they track us down."

Eira spares a glance over at the flaming Clansmeet, her thoughts straying towards Reith. She shakes her head; if he didn't get away from this on his own, there's nothing she can do for him. She looks back to the sudden group she's found herself in. "Let's move; the sooner we're gone from here, the sooner we can take stock and actually figure out what to do next."
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Velitus - awkwardly dangling from the side of the saddle - stumbled as his feet met the ground, keeping his balance mostly thanks to the silken ropes tying him to the Flygon. He severed the threads instinctively, but he didn't move besides that, not until Cyclone took off again. "Thank you, Cyclone," he said, softly, even though he knew the Flygon wouldn't hear him. "I hope you and your Trainer will be okay." But he doubted they would.

He coughed as some of the soot got in his throat. "Agreed," he nodded to Eira, once he could speak again, as Akari balanced on his shoulder and crooned softly at the crystal in Jayce's arms.

There was a lot more he wanted to say, but for now they just had to move.

"I know how to navigate, but...I'm not a hunter," he added, in answer to her question about whether he could cover his tracks. "But I do have this." He took the wooden box that had been at his belt for as long as any of the other three had seen him. "It's scent-proof, but it's filled with some horrible-smelling...uh, durran-fruit, or something. It might help hide our scent?" He offered it to Eira with a vague shrug, not knowing enough about the business of hunters to be sure if it was of any use.

30. - Top - End - #300

RedKnightGirl

Jayce's arms burned from holding onto the sacred crystal for so long, but he still wouldn't set it down. He looked longingly towards the camps and dearly wanted to help with the fires, but he was probably right before. The 4 of them would make little difference in the grand scheme of things and that would put Jirachi in danger once again. Their priority must be to keep it safe, or the death at he stone circle would be for nothing.

"Heading back to the Spine? I know the way there through the mountains, but I'm not aware of the paths in the lowlands. It is a long way from here.
    " He felt the weight of the crystal literally and figuratively. "But you're right, there's nothing we can do here to help, except get as far away as we can. They'll be after us immediately. Maybe the sweet nectar can mask our scent or lure wild pokemon to slow the....things down. What were they anyways?"