New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default What Do I Think Of Maleficent

Hello, today I'm going to talk to you about Disney's Most Iconic Character Maleficent. I have watched both live-action Disney movies on Maleficent. I never watch the cartoon version of Sleep Beauty so I reach can't vouch for my thoughts on that one but I can vouch for my thoughts on the live-action version of Maleficent. Maleficent is a very powerful fairy with magic. At the beginning of Maleficent, she cursed Princess Aurora, and for a surprised Maleficent kiss her at the end to break the curse because she loves her very much. She cares about Princess Aurora very much even though she cursed her. In the sequel of Maleficent Princess Aurora want to marry the prince and she wants Maleficent to meet the family even though Maleficent hates them so much. So she agrees to play along to see how things will go. So anyway Maleficent and Aurora went to meet the Prince royal family and things when Maleficent was framed for cursing the king. Maleficent tried to escaped by one of the royal family bench shot at Maleficent in she fell in the water which she was rescued by a male fairy. She was found her origin in her homeland which the fairies want to wages war against the humans. Soon the wedding that all the Creatures of the Mors was invited but it turns out to be a trap. Aurora found out that the Queen was the true villain behind the king's curse and she set up Maleficent to be blamed and accused of it. Then the Fairies wage war against the humans. Aurora told the Prince that the Queen was behind the whole thing. Then Maleficent shows up and the Queen killed her but she is resurrected into a black Phoenix and stops the Queen. by having her turn into a goat. So things turn out the Aurora and the Prince got married. Maleficent returns to her home with the fairies and that's it. I like Maleficent to be honest. She's a really good villain that turns out to be neutral or even good in the end. She's very cool and I have a feeling there's might even be a third part or RV series on her. That what I think of Maleficent.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Do I Think Of Maleficent

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hello, today I'm going to talk to you about Disney's Most Iconic Character Maleficent.
    I would think that spot would be taken by Mickey Mouse, given he's the one they have in all their advertising, and is basically the face of the company.

I have watched both live-action Disney movies on Maleficent. I never watch the cartoon version of Sleep Beauty so I reach can't vouch for my thoughts on that one but I can vouch for my thoughts on the live-action version of Maleficent.
    Why have you not seen the animated version?

Fair warning. That version is a straight up villain. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Maleficent is a very powerful fairy with magic. At the beginning of Maleficent, she cursed Princess Aurora, and for a surprised Maleficent kiss her at the end to break the curse because she loves her very much. She cares about Princess Aurora very much even though she cursed her.
    Okay, I've seen this movie. Your summary is really, really short. Compare it to the next one for example.

In the sequel of Maleficent Princess Aurora want to marry the prince and she wants Maleficent to meet the family even though Maleficent hates them so much. So she agrees to play along to see how things will go. So anyway Maleficent and Aurora went to meet the Prince royal family and things when Maleficent was framed for cursing the king. Maleficent tried to escaped by one of the royal family bench shot at Maleficent in she fell in the water which she was rescued by a male fairy. She was found her origin in her homeland which the fairies want to wages war against the humans. Soon the wedding that all the Creatures of the Mors was invited but it turns out to be a trap. Aurora found out that the Queen was the true villain behind the king's curse and she set up Maleficent to be blamed and accused of it. Then the Fairies wage war against the humans. Aurora told the Prince that the Queen was behind the whole thing. Then Maleficent shows up and the Queen killed her but she is resurrected into a black Phoenix and stops the Queen. by having her turn into a goat. So things turn out the Aurora and the Prince got married. Maleficent returns to her home with the fairies and that's it.
    This is definitely better, though it still has issues. I like that you're posting longer reviews, as it means you're putting more thought into these, but you really need to work on the structure.

I would try to break the text up into blocks. A good rule of thumb is somewhere between 3-7 sentences, and when the topic of paragraph is shifting. It makes things much easier to read when it isn't just a wall of text. You don't have to of course. Just throwing out the suggestion to try and help.

So, back to the summary of the first Maleficent movie. It's basically impossible to tell what the first movie is about from your summary. You mention an event (Aurora getting cursed) and its resolution (Maleficent savibg her) with none of the setup or middle. If I had not watched this movie, I would have almost no idea what hapoens in it or why from your summary.
    I like Maleficent to be honest. She's a really good villain that turns out to be neutral or even good in the end. She's very cool and I have a feeling there's might even be a third part or RV series on her. That what I think of Maleficent.
    Okay. Why is she a good villain? This is not explained anywhere in the summary.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-02-13 at 03:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I would think that spot would be taken by Mickey Mouse, given he's the one they have in all their advertising, and is the face of the company.
    I meant the most iconic villain. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.

Why have you not seen the animated version?

Fair warning. That version is a straight-up villain. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    I figure much. The reason why I didn't watch it because itdidn'thatch my interested back then but now I'm thinking about it to watch the animated version this weekend.

Okay, I've seen this movie. Your summary is short. Compare it to the next one for example.

This is better, though it still has issues. I like that you're posting longer reviews, as it means you're putting more thought into these, but you need to work on the structure.

I would try to break the text up into blocks. A good rule of thumb is somewhere between 3-7 sentences, and when the topic of the paragraph is shifting. It makes things much easier to read when it isn't just a wall of text. You don't have to of course. Just throwing out the suggestion to try and help.

So, back to the summary of the first Maleficent movie. It's impossible to tell what the first movie is about from your summary. You mention an event (Aurora getting cursed) and its resolution (Maleficent saving her) with none of the setup or middle. If I had not watched this movie, I would have almost no idea what happens in it or why from your summary.

Okay. Why is she a good villain? This is not explained anywhere in the summary.
    I'm trying to remember to watch the first movie of Maleficent I tried to look for the first movie in Disney+ but it wasn't even available. I have a much better memory for watching the second movie because I watch it so many times. The reason why Maleficent is a good villain is that she's very emotional and calculating at the same time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I meant the most iconic villain. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.
    Well right know it would be probably Dearth Vader : P But even in Disney animations I'm not sure she would rank that title, to be honest if not for this live-action movies and great rendering (hope a proper English word) in "Once upon a time" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be even know about who you are talking : P
    "By Google's own reckoning, 60% of the ads that are charged for are never seen by any human being – literally the majority of the industry's product is a figment of feverish machine imaginations." Pluralistic

The bots are selling ads to bots which mostly bots are viewing, We really are living in XXI century.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by asda fasda View Post
    Well right know it would be probably Dearth Vader : P But even in Disney animations I'm not sure she would rank that title, to be honest if not for this live-action movies and great rendering (hope a proper English word) in "Once upon a time" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be even know about who you are talking : P
    Yes it's true that Darth Vader rank the most iconic Disney villain. Also FYI I'm watching Sleeping Beauty right now.