New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Crazy theory: Fruit Pie and the Movie Snackers World

I know FP the Sorcerer was meant to be an one joke character, but given how weird and crazy some of the previous world were (some of them even had only humans!), could it be that Fruit was in fact a native from the Sentient Movie Snackers World who managed to planeshift before the end?

P.E: Regarding how a sorcerer powerful enough to escape such an Apocalypse got himself offed by low-mid level goblins, maybe his magic didn't work well in the Stickverse, like Orko in Eternia.
    Last edited by faustin; 2021-02-13 at 06:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy theory: Fruit Pie and the Movie Snackers World

Plane shift is cleric 5. He only needs a 9th level cleric buddy in his adventuring party to get through the apocalypse.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

The pie race is known for its squishiness. I imagine it'd be a very easy target, magic or not.
    "Maybe your city wouldn't be rubble if you stanned The Dark One."-Redcloak, probably

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Actually they're probably two different worlds.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since it's a crazy theory, why not add: that's the world in the rift.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Does that mean Batman and other superheroes that cameoed escaped from their world too

7. - Top - End - #7

Probably just me, but this sounds like the seed of a great idea. A thread for crack theories in general would probably quickly become my favorite hangout. (^_~)

Not to mention that this particular theory is indeed crazy, but the logic actually does make a weird sort of sense.

I wonder, what if his magic works fine -- but it's moot, because he's a Snackverse munchkin? His Sugar Rush and Feet Stuck To The Theater Floor spells work just as well as ever, but all of his resistances and defensive spells are geared against rolling weapons, sogginess from soda splashes, etc. The goblins would have been hosed if they were wielding pizza cutters, but they were using piercing weapons (unknown in the Snackverse, which was destroyed before they invented juice boxes and straws).

Now I actually want to see a dark-and-twisted comic parodying 80s-style cartoons*, about the adventures of Fruit Pie and his friends. They keep trying to find their way home, with the series ending when the last survivor gets one-hit by goblins. Bonus points if the Uni expy is the first one to bite it. (^_~)
    * - I loved the D&D cartoon as a kid, but believability was never a hallmark of 80s fare. Rewatching the intro just now, I'm amazed by the notion of a DM dumping a first-level party in front of the two epic Big Bads of the campaign, and they attack one before getting attacked by both... but they survive because Venger and Tiamat change their mind and attack each other.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

8. - Top - End - #8

SolithKnightGuy

Well they also got artifact level magic items and the DM fudged their rolls especially for Presto actually getting something useful.
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"

9. - Top - End - #9

AssassinGuy

Fruit Pie is a dark agent in service to the Snarl who was instrumental in bringing about the destruction of the Movie Snack universe. If you were to open him up, you would discover that his filling was made of pure chaos.

My compelling evidence is thus: Only a true madman would consider a fruit pie to be an appropriate movie snack.

Quote Originally Posted by ebarde View Post
    Does that mean Batman and other superheroes that cameoed escaped from their world too
    Obviously, Batman is a god. He is a central figure of great worship by the masses and exists in multiple universes. Clearly, he ascended to godhood in a similar manner to the Dark One - via the mass killings of the unbelievers (probably at Comic-Con).

Of course, this gives rise to the question - if Batman is hanging out because he's ascended to godhood because of just how notable and popular and beloved he is, What's Firestorm doing there?

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by mjasghar View Post
    Well they also got artifact level magic items and the DM fudged their rolls especially for Presto actually getting something useful.
    It's been too many decades for me to fully trust my memory, but it seems like I remember his hat was useless (or worse) as often as it was useful*.
    * - with "The Dragon's Graveyard" being a notable exception

(with the same preface) Iirc Hank's**,† artifact was seriously OP, Eric's** and Bobby's were often OP, Sheila's was as good as a Ring of Invisibility, and Diana's was usually... well, let's say it was an improvement on a Bag of Tricks.
    ** - Iirc, in at least a couple of episodes they survived cave-ins because Eric's shield could keep hundreds of tons from crushing them while Hank's arrows (which could do anything from deflecting lightning bolts to wrapping around enemies to bind them, because Killing Is Bad) blasted/carved a way out. Game mechanics, shmame mechanics.
    † - Ha. While looking up the cartoon, i was shocked -- shocked, I say! -- to discover one of the two story editors was named Hank. (^_~)

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Fruit Pie is a dark agent in service to the Snarl who was instrumental in bringing about the destruction of the Movie Snack universe. If you were to open him up, you would discover that his filling was made of pure chaos.
    Aww, but I like mango wasabi mayonnaise curry pies!

Of course, this gives rise to the question - if Batman is hanging out because he's ascended to godhood because of just how notable and popular and beloved he is, What's Firestorm doing there?
    Evil. (^_~)b
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."