New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snyder Cut

1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Snyder Cut

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    As far as this Krakoa-based immortality, is any part of it besides Hope Summers' abilities actually Mutant-exclusive? Obviously Krakoa (if my 30 seconds of Google-based research was correct) is going to choose to resurrect mutants first/exclusively, but everything else in the list seems like, in theory, it could be used to resurrect ordinary humans if you had a copy of their DNA and mind stored appropriately. I'm not sure arguing that exclusive access to a resource with non-exclusive compatibility confers innate evolutionary superiority.
    It hasn't been explicitly stated, but it's implied that the process only works on mutants.

While technically the Five are just creating bodies and putting a soul inside it, the bodies are created using both the DNA and power signature of the mutant to be resurrected, while the mental backups are stored in Cerebro... Which specifically targets the minds of mutants.

Theoretically, you could manually backup a mind but since the material used to create the body requires a mutant power signature it would logically only be useful on people like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver(who technically aren't mutants but are similar enough that it's mostly a matter of technicalities) or Deadpool(who isn't a mutant but had mutant powers grafted to him artificially.)

Art most, Spider-Man sometimes pings as a false positive on a Sentinel's mutant detectors, as did the Fourth Green Goblin, and Santa Claus registers on Cerebro, so some non-mutant superhumans might be ressurectable.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-03-06 at 02:47 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...I want to say that's an exaggeration... But Reed once created a mathematical proof of the existence of immortal souls, extrapolated this to prove the existence of the afterlife, and used that to create a portal to Heaven solely because he couldn't accept that his best friend was dead.

Reed Richards has objective proof of the existence of Heaven and has met and had a conversation with Capital G God and did nothing wth it.
    Holy **** I was joking lmao!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-06 at 07:52 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

...I want to say that's an exaggeration... But Reed once created a mathematical proof of the existence of immortal souls, extrapolated this to prove the existence of the afterlife, and used that to create a portal to Heaven solely because he couldn't accept that his best friend was dead.

Reed Richards has objective proof of the existence of Heaven and has met and had a conversation with Capital G God and did nothing wth it.
    Presumably he knew that people could sort themselves out, heavenwise.

I mean Nightcrawler went there when he died, had awesome pirate adventures in heaven (because Nightcrawler is the best), then came back to life.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

I think one of the implications of Reed's incident there was that it was largely supposed to pay homage to Jack Kirby. Showing him as the 'creator' of the Fantastic Four was something of an elaborate joke.

Maybe Reed is super-intelligent enough to know that some miraculous force essentially punk'd him and he chose to keep his mouth shut because a force bringing back his friend for the lulz still brought back his friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Holy **** I was joking lmao!
    Yeah. I've read this specific comic, I can actually vouch that it exists.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-03-06 at 03:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

No, that was canonically The One Above All.

Incidentally, that incident was mentioned recently.

The current storyline in Immortal Hulk is that the LEader has made his way to The Below Place.

Stepping very lightly here, discussing this only in the context of fiction, the Below Place is Hell.

Not Mephisto's Hell, not Limbo, not Pandemonium.

The Below Place is the exact bottom of the Multiverse. The one place in all of reality where the presence One Above All, an Omnipotent, Omnibeneovlent, Nigh Omnipresant entity who claims to have created the multiverse, cannot be felt.

There's no torture in the Below Place. There is no hierarchy of demons. There is no lake of fire. No freezing cold, no Golden City. This is the work of neither Dante nor Miton. It looks like a ruined city, inhabited by empty husks of people that only repeat pointless platitudes of the people who they resemble.

But something important is missing, and you can tell, the whole world feels wrong. Becuase you are both literally and figuratively as far from "God" and His unconditional love as it is possible to be.

Again, stepping very lightly, the only resident of the Below Place is The One Below All. The One Blow All... In Its own words
    I am the One Below All. With these hands I break. With this mouth I howl. I devoured the selves that were here in a time long past. Now there is I. And only I. I am all-powerful. And my weapon is hate. I have made of this a thing of hate. A hollow shell. A Hulk. The mystery frightens and disgusts me. I will kill it. Make all hollow as I. Dead and dark as I. And I will be alone.
    "The mystery" it's referring to, BTW, is the mystery of the meaning of life and the ultimate destiny of all that exist.

Again speaking only in the fictional context, The One Below All is the platonic concept of "The Adversary" made manifest. It exists to oppose and destroy.

However, it can't act on it's own; It needs to take a host, a soul to inhabit and serve as its avatar, becuase while it has emotions and desires and will, it doesn't have a conscouns mind.

...the One Below All is also the ultimate source of Third-Form Gamma Rays. In the real world, Gamma Radiation, like other forms of light, can be either a wave or a particle. In the Marvel Universe, there's a third form, an Emanation... An Examination of the Dark Side of The Divine.

This third form of Gamma Radiation is what is responsible for someone become a Hulk—Banner has a gene that lets his body process gamma radiation and converts it into this form, but being hit by pure Third Form Gama Rays will make anyone a Hulk.

(It's implied that Primal Kirbons, a subatomic particle that among other things is found in Cosmic Ray storms like what empowered the Fantastic Four, is the One Above All's equivalent of Third Form Gamma Radiation)

so the Leader is messing with things down there(It bit him in the Ass Big Time) and...

Well, to make a long story short, Bruce Banner isn't gone right now, so it's just The Big Guy and Joe Fixit(the Gray Hulk, albeit in Banner's body) wandering around trying to figure out how to solve things.

There's a fight with The Thing over a misunderstanding, but when Joe takes over he sets the record straight and they sit down and get talking.

The Thing says that he's more than willing to help, but Joe doesn't think he can.

"Tell me, when you died... Did you go upstairs... or downstairs?"
    "...Upstairs."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-03-06 at 03:55 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Wait, the mystical energy particles emitted by the One-Above-All are called kirbons, and you don't think it's a reference/homage to Jack Kirby?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-03-06 at 04:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458

Wait, the mystical energy particles emitted by the One-Above-All are called kirbons, and you don't think it's a reference/homage to Jack Kirby?
    I know it's a reference to Jack Kirby.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a reference to his famous "Kirby Krackle," using overlapping black circles of various sizes as an outline to emphasize the firey flow of large concentrations of mystical or cosmic power.

...I'm now reminded of my favorite story about Kirby. Not directly related to him as a writer or artist, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it here...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

It hasn't been explicitly stated, but it's implied that the process only works on mutants.

While technically the Five are just creating bodies and putting a soul inside it, the bodies are created using both the DNA and power signature of the mutant to be resurrected, while the mental backups are stored in Cerebro... Which specifically targets the minds of mutants.

Theoretically, you could manually backup a mind but since the material used to create the body requires a mutant power signature it would logically only be useful on people like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver(who technically aren't mutants but are similar enough that it's mostly a matter of technicalities) or Deadpool(who isn't a mutant but had mutant powers grafted to him artificially.)

Art most, Spider-Man sometimes pings as a false positive on a Sentinel's mutant detectors, as did the Fourth Green Goblin, and Santa Claus registers on Cerebro, so some non-mutant superhumans might be ressurectable.
    I'm more under the impression that they choose to only use it on mutants. Just because they don't offer to use it on non-mutants doesn't mean they couldn't, provided they made mental and genetic back ups. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a later storyline features someone influential being killed and the mutants, having taken precautionary steps for just such an occasion, offer to resurrect them in exchange for some type of concession to Krakoa. Or offer the service pre-emptively in exchange for something.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    I'm more under the impression that they choose to only use it on mutants. Just because they don't offer to use it on non-mutants doesn't mean they couldn't, provided they made mental and genetic back ups. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a later storyline features someone influential being killed and the mutants, having taken precautionary steps for just such an occasion, offer to resurrect them in exchange for some type of concession to Krakoa. Or offer the service pre-emptively in exchange for something.
    When the process is described it explicitly mentions that a mutant power signature is involved.

And the Krakoan deal includes all krakoan citizens being given dual citizenship and full diplomatic immunity in the countries that accepted the deal so there's not much that they could want.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

When
    And the Krakoan deal includes all krakoan citizens being given dual citizenship and full diplomatic immunity
    Wait what? That sounds completely contradictory and like a license to go do crime.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wait what? That sounds completely contradictory and like a license to go do crime.
    Keep in mind that mutants have repeatedly had to go up to the United States Congress and argue that they should be legally considered people, let alone citizens.

Keep in mind that over half the attempts to genocide mutants were conducted by or sanctions by the united states and candian governments.

Keep in mind the number of times mutants have been charged with crimes and not received a fair trial.

"You will give our citizens the same rights your own have, and treat them as diplomats. In exchange, you can have this pill that cures all infections and cancers, this pill that cures detention, nerve degeneration, and mental illness, and this pill that makes you live for five years longer."

And no, it's not a license to do crime. You commit a crime and you get deported back to Krakoa. You get tried front of the Quiet Council and if it's determined that you did wrong, or that you've broken one of Krakoa's laws.

Well, it depends. You could end up on the Hellions. You could be kicked off the Island(voiding your protection)

If you did something really bad though, they "Exile" you... Which is to say, they chuck you into a pit. The Island will keep you alive, but it's not pleasant.

This happened to Sabretooth when he couldn't keep his murder boner in his pants. They enforced his diplomatic immunity, tried him, found him guilty, and tossed him in the pit.

Rather, it's just to make sure that no mutants are going to be murdered by the Government, that they're be treated the same as anyone else if they're subjected toa crime, and that they won't get screwed over if hey're accused of a crime.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #463

EvilClericGuy

When the process is described it explicitly mentions that a mutant power signature is involved.

And the Krakoan deal includes all krakoan citizens being given dual citizenship and full diplomatic immunity in the countries that accepted the deal so there's not much that they could want.
    I must've missed that because it sounded like a cloning process that used mutants instead of whatever Jackal, Arnim Zola, and Sinister use. I question it because they specifically mention mutants wanting to come back in different mutant bodies (like in a Magneto body, for instance). The fact that might be possible tells me that the soul or mind going into the body could be anything and if it matters, it only matters that the new body be a mutant body.

Also, the technology exists to make non-mutants into mutants. Sinister has grafted an X-Gene into his own genetic code (I believe multiple genes at this point as Moira mentions he's already a chimera). Do that to a human to make them technically a mutant, like Sinister, and then they can be resurrected if that is a "process" condition and not a "Krakoan Council" condition.

As far as what they could want, there's still plenty. How many countries still have Sentinels? How much would it help mutants if social media influencers, entertainers, politicians, etc. would speak positively about them? Do they need more influential people promoting the use of the Krakoan medicines? What about creating internal pressure to conform in the countries that won't recognize their sovereignty? They have physical power and the beginnings of soft power, but they don't have everything yet.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind that mutants have repeatedly had to go up to the United States Congress and argue that they should be legally considered people, let alone citizens.

Keep in mind that over half the attempts to genocide mutants were conducted by or sanctions by the united states and candian governments.

Keep in mind the number of times mutants have been charged with crimes and not received a fair trial.
    Put it like that, the whole thing with the Super Registration Act and the first Civil War seems relatively minor in comparison, why was it that kicked off a war and not THESE things that kicked off anything similar between mutants and humans? let me guess: Xavier said no.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Put it like that, the whole thing with the Super Registration Act and the first Civil War seems relatively minor in comparison, why was it that kicked off a war and not THESE things that kicked off anything similar between mutants and humans? let me guess: Xavier said no.
    Partly becuase Xavier said no, partly because in real life a certain executive had been actively trying to screw over the X-Men ever since the Film rights were sold to Fox and only very recently have those decisions been reversed.

The X-Men comics have, ith a handful of exceptions, effectively been off in their own metaphorical ghetto the est of the universe affects the -Men but the X-Men don't affect the rest of the universe.

Logically, Operation Zero Tolerance should have had the Avengers fighting the US Government for that whole "openly committing genocide of innocent people" thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #466

EvilClericGuy

I would imagine the cynical answer is the Mutant Registration Act only pertained to mutants. So, as usual, the Avengers and everyone else turned a blind eye. This effected everyone with powers, so of course they fought back. I didn't read much of Civil War but I'm given to understand the X-Men largely sat that one out, hopefully with at least one smug "We told you they wouldn't stop with us" from them at some point.
    Partly becuase Xavier said no, partly because in real life a certain executive had been actively trying to screw over the X-Men ever since the Film rights were sold to Fox and only very recently have those decisions been reversed.

The X-Men comics have, ith a handful of exceptions, effectively been off in their own metaphorical ghetto the est of the universe affects the -Men but the X-Men don't affect the rest of the universe.

Logically, Operation Zero Tolerance should have had the Avengers fighting the US Government for that whole "openly committing genocide of innocent people" thing.
    As much as I am usually willing to criticize the Avengers for doing essentially nothing on the mutant rights front, weren't they all "dead" during Operation Zero Tolerance? Due to a fatal case of Onslaught? Where the world saw the X-Men "kill" the non-mutant heroes (and Doom) paving the way for support for Operation Zero Tolerance.

17. - Top - End - #467

I might be confusing Zero tolerance with another government sanctioned genocide.

There have been 21 mutant genocides that I know of. After a while, they all blend together.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #468

And no, it's not a license to do crime. You commit a crime and you get deported back to Krakoa.
    Why would they be deported from a country they are a citizen of? Mutantman has dual citizenship in Nationland and also diplomatic immunity in Nationland. Mutantman commits a crime in Nationland. Mutantman cannot be prosecuted by Nationland due to immunity, and Nationland cannot deport Mutantman because Mutantman is a Nationland citizen. Like I said, license to do crime.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

I might be confusing Zero tolerance with another government sanctioned genocide.

There have been 21 mutant genocides that I know of. After a while, they all blend together.
    well those are two rare sentences I never thought I'd read

But seriously 21... anyone with any amount of compassion in the marvel universe should be raking the people responsible over the coals for that kind of repeated atrocity.

20. - Top - End - #470

Why would they be deported from a country they are a citizen of? Mutantman has dual citizenship in Nationland and also diplomatic immunity in Nationland. Mutantman commits a crime in Nationland. Mutantman cannot be prosecuted by Nationland due to immunity, and Nationland cannot deport Mutantman because Mutantman is a Nationland citizen. Like I said, license to do crime.
    I may have phrased it badly.

1: Nationstan accepts the Krakoan Deal.

2: In doing so, every mutant in Nationstan becomes a Citizen of Krakoa, while retaining their own citizenship in Nationstan.

3: Furthermore, all Krakoan Citizens are considered to be diplomats of Krakoa.

4: In order to ensure that Krakoan citizens who are accused of a crime on foreign soil receive fair trials, when a Krakoan citizen is accused of a crime on NAtionstan's soil, whether they are a citizen of Nationstan or not, they are relocated and tried in Krakoa by the Krakoan Quiet Council, per diplomatic immunity, superseding their citizenry, unless the mutant in question voluntarily waives this immunity.

5: In exchange, Krakoa will sell the "Human Drugs" within that Nation's borders—pills derived from Krakoan Flora that include an adaptive anti-biotic that selectively targets and generates anti-bodies for anything that isn't supposed to be in the body while leaving everything else alone(it's referred to as an anti-biotic, but it implicitly cured a kid's cancer so it' a bit more versatile than that,) a pill that, taken as a directive will make you live five years longer than you would have, and a pill that cures dementia and mental illness.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If apocalyptic genocides are that common, its no wonder Marvel characters tend to have some unconscious aggression towards their own setting. There's at least two "X Kills The Marvel Universe" stories I know of.

22. - Top - End - #472

EvilClericGuy

Yeah there have been others. Just pointing out that that one in particular there are some special circumstances as to why the others didn't intervene.

21? Is that hyperbole? (Serious question, there's holes in my X-Men reading)

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

If apocalyptic genocides are that common, its no wonder Marvel characters tend to have some unconscious aggression towards their own setting. There's at least two "X Kills The Marvel Universe" stories I know of.
    Its kind of the tradeoff Marvel gets from writing their setting that way to differentiate themselves from DC. Sure they get more grounded, flawed and relatable heroes that people don't expect to carry the weight of the world upon their shoulders, but at the cost of making a setting where asking a conspiracy theorist about whether the government is run by aliens this week might not be a bad move.

24. - Top - End - #474

Let's just say that if I found myself in the Earth 616 marvel universe, I wouldn't feel safe unless and until I had a Weapon V Bio-Suit augmented with Haze Mancer's technology, the strongest non-crazy-making Super Soldier Serum I could make or steal, the body of the Lasher Hound, the process by which Dr. Alba and later The Leader use to turn humans into Hulk-Wolverine Hybrids, Roderick Kinglsey's version of the Goblin Formula, and a shot of Skrull Adrenaline Compound at a bare minimum. Preferably in that order.

Weapon V Bio-Suits are Bio-Mechanical Power Armor retro engineered from samples of an ancient symbiote called The Grendel(not to be confused with Grendel the Dark Elf) which took the form of a dragon. Grendel has a much lower vulnerability to heat and vibration compared to modern symbiotes, being able to shrug off thermobaric missiles and being only momentarily stunned by sonic grenades designed specifically to kill symbiotes. Fire can still kill it, but you need a lot. Prototype weapon V symbiotes were able to ignore being covered in burning napalm. The most recent models are engineered to be either mindless or fully subservient to the host and are infected with a virus that prevents them from being controlled or influenced by the symbiote hivemind. However, the Grendel has a vulnerability to lightning which might be possessed by the armors.

Haze Mancer is a poacher and arms dealer who captures symbiotes, bathes them in chemicals that make them full bond instantly(it normally takes 48 earth hours), and rapidly accelerates the rate at which they adapt to the host's DNA. Optionally, they can also make the symbiote impossible to remove by traditional means requiring a more invasive process.

Lasher Hound is the name of a German Sheppard partnered with the Mercury Team: Two navy seals, a United States Marine, and an army special forces canine officer and his dog who were all injured in the line of duty but bonded with symbiotes—Riot, Phage, Agony, and Lasher—that the United States government acquired and modified after their previous host, the symbiote superhero Hybrid, was murdered by Anti-Venom when Eddie was in one of his crazy periods. All Fur symbiotes ended up bonded to Lasher Hound after the rest of the Mercury Team were killed in Deadpool vs Carnage, but in the lead up to Absolute Carnage, Knull God of the Symbiotes, corrupted them and they killed the dog and puppeting its body around before splitting off and taking over a family. The Dog's body was abandoned.

Symbiotes leave a genetic archive called a codex behind, bond to the host's DNA molecules but also concentrated in cerebrospinal fluid, composed of the symbiote's mass and archiving the host's memories and biological information. If a symbiote extracts and consumes a codex from a host, the symbiote and it;'s host gain the memories of the symbiote that eft that codex, including the archived memories, and for a few minutes have the combined powers of that host and symbiote. Afterward, the information is retained and the consuming symbiote has a small permanent increase in power.

With a Haze Mancer augmentations, with their rate of evolution, consuming the codices from the Lasher Houd's body should allow my hypothetical symbiote to rapidly recreate the combined powers of Agony, Riot, Phage, and Lasher. Prior to all being bound in Lasher Hound, Riot, Agony, Phage, and half of Lasher were bound to Deadpool, so a high-level healing factor is in the cards. If the codices also retain information that the parent symbiote had before hosting in the being who the codices were extracted from, then in addition to Deadpool and the Mercury Team those codices would also retain the memories of a security guard from a prison meant to hold both Supervillains and dangerous supernatural creatures, and four Private Military Contractors. Potentially a lot of martial arts and military experience ot pick up here.

The Hulkverine process involved nano-machines, cybernetics, gene therapy, and radiation treatments. Technically you're more of a Hulk-Wolverine-Lady Deathstrike-Sabretooth-Domino-Warpath hybrid, but the Sabretooth, Domino, and Warpath genes are dormant so it amount sot just wolverine and Hulk, minus the adamantium poisoning and being super heavy. As of Hulkverines, the process has been refined down to a single nano-bot injection that does all of the other stuff itself.

Roderick Kingsley, the original Hobgoblin, stole the Goblin Formula from Norman Osborn, experimented with it, perfected it, and created a version of it that gives you all of the powers that the original formula gave you—Spider-Man level physical attributes, a regenerative healing factor that, while slow, can bring you back to life from a recent fatal stabbing, and superhuman intelligence—without the whole "makes you a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic with multiple personalities" thing.

The goblin formula can be combined with the Super Solider Formula(which I have not explained becuase I don't think I have to) to create something with a stronger version of their combined effects.

The Goblin formula, when applies to a symbiote, multiplies all of its powers several times over, explicitly makes it immune to heat and vibration-based attacks as long as i's bonded to a host, might make it immune or resistant to electrical attacks, and gives it pyrokinesis.

Skrull Adrenaline Compound is a compound made of Skrull Adrenaline. When given to Skrulls, or to humans, i activates latent beneficial mutations or genetic superpowers... Like, say, the latent Domino, Warpath, and Sabretooth powers I'd have gotten from the Hulkverine process. Potentially, it might also make the symbiote regenerate into a full-scale copy of the Grenedel.

For context, this is the Grendel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tha'ts Grendel without a host.

Yes, it would take being a symbiote mutant hulk-dragon super-soldier with no symbiote weaknesses for me to feel safe in that universe.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-03-07 at 10:37 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it would take being a symbiote mutant hulk-dragon super-soldier with no symbiote weaknesses for me to feel safe in that universe.
    Fair.

I wouldn't feel safe in either Marvel or DC unless I had incredible power too. superhero universes are a paranoiac's nightmare that could give DnD a run for its money.

26. - Top - End - #476

Fair.

I wouldn't feel safe in either Marvel or DC unless I had incredible power too. superhero universes are a paranoiac's nightmare that could give DnD a run for its money.
    And honestly, even then I probably wouldn't stay on Earth if I had the choice.

Maybe see if Emporer Hulkling could use an extra body-guard. Hulkling and Wiccan have been pretty on the ball when it comes to that "Ruling most of the Universe" thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Its kind of the tradeoff Marvel gets from writing their setting that way to differentiate themselves from DC. Sure they get more grounded, flawed and relatable heroes that people don't expect to carry the weight of the world upon their shoulders, but at the cost of making a setting where asking a conspiracy theorist about whether the government is run by aliens this week might not be a bad move.
    Is that really that different from the DC universe though? I mean, I'm hardly an encyclopedia of DC knowledge, but they seem equally as comfortable dipping into "governments can be easily infiltrated/controlled by evil" be it Lex Luthor literal supervillain president or just banal Amanda Waller-esque "our government does super-shady BS all the time and never admits it"-kind of narratives.

Honestly though, I might've preferred to live in the DC universe too until I watched CW's Arrow. On the season of Arrow I stopped watching, a thug took over much of Arrow's city - a city in the United States of America I'll remind you - by kidnapping the local elected officials and expelling the local police because he's... kinda tough and British? Like, there are threats beyond humanity which only Heroes can truly fight, that's the scary thing about living in a American Superhero comic book universe, but if your basic institutions fall completely apart because Green Arrow isn't there for a bit then I question the basic competency of everyone ever.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2021-03-07 at 11:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478

I may have phrased it badly.

1: Nationstan accepts the Krakoan Deal.

2: In doing so, every mutant in Nationstan becomes a Citizen of Krakoa, while retaining their own citizenship in Nationstan.

3: Furthermore, all Krakoan Citizens are considered to be diplomats of Krakoa.

4: In order to ensure that Krakoan citizens who are accused of a crime on foreign soil receive fair trials, when a Krakoan citizen is accused of a crime on NAtionstan's soil, whether they are a citizen of Nationstan or not, they are relocated and tried in Krakoa by the Krakoan Quiet Council, per diplomatic immunity, superseding their citizenry, unless the mutant in question voluntarily waives this immunity.

5: In exchange, Krakoa will sell the "Human Drugs" within that Nation's borders—pills derived from Krakoan Flora that include an adaptive anti-biotic that selectively targets and generates anti-bodies for anything that isn't supposed to be in the body while leaving everything else alone(it's referred to as an anti-biotic, but it implicitly cured a kid's cancer so it' a bit more versatile than that,) a pill that, taken as a directive will make you live five years longer than you would have, and a pill that cures dementia and mental illness.
    Step 4 is more unbelievable than any power any Marvel character has displayed thus far. Either that, or every national leader in the Marvel-verse has naivete as a full-on superpower. And here I thought Silver Age DC comics were outlandish...

What hack passed that through?
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-03-07 at 11:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

Step 4 is more unbelievable than any power any Marvel character has displayed thus far. Either that, or every national leader in the Marvel-verse has naivete as a full-on superpower. And here I thought Silver Age DC comics were outlandish...

What hack passed that through?
    It was kind of an ultimatum.

"Accept this deal as we have dictated it to you, or you don't get our cure for literally every disease, our cure for Alzheimer's and mental illness, and our drug that slows down aging. Or any of the other, better drugs we're working on."

With the unspoken threat that f someone decides to wage War on Krakoa, that the mutants won't be playing softball the way that the X-Men have been doing so far.

After the 21st Genocide, Professor Xavier is sick of playing nice only to get stabbed in the back over and over again.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #480

It was kind of an ultimatum.

"Accept this deal as we have dictated it to you, or you don't get our cure for literally every disease, our cure for Alzheimer's and mental illness, and our drug that slows down aging. Or any of the other, better drugs we're working on."

With the unspoken threat that f someone decides to wage War on Krakoa, that the mutants won't be playing softball the way that the X-Men have been doing so far.

After the 21st Genocide, Professor Xavier is sick of playing nice only to get stabbed in the back over and over again.
    I don't know if you are terribly familiar with human history, bit thtlat just sounds like a great way to speedrun World War III and a 22nd mutant genocide.

I can buy giant flying lizards who do magic and spit lightning. I have no problem suspending disbelief for a guy in a tank suit who somehow doesn't get turned into mashed potatoes on most impacts he takes. I'll turn my brain off for spaceships dogfighting each other in space. Fiction is fiction, I can forgive a plethora if unrealistic sins.

But all world governments taking ridiculous deals by way of terroristic threats is a bridge too far. Why even claim they're on Earth at this point? Just call it Planet Bork where stuff like that can totally happen because why not. That author wanted some serious dreamland vibes there.