New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 7: The Big Pizza in the Sky

[Searching for Truth]

Ilpholin rubs the back of her head. "Well... it'd be used in interrogations right? As would torture equipment. So maybe it's just naturally mixed in cause of that. I don't think it's supposed to be torture equipment." Ilpholin kind of shrugs, honestly not all that certain. She's mostly guessing. Honestly they just need to find a way to mass manufacture truth serums. They're so much more effective than torture anyways, but as it is, they're also that much more expensive.

The clerk comes back a few moments later, grunting with exertion before dropping a rather big, heavy box looking thing. It's got wires coming out to attach to fingers and needle arms over paper hanging out like its an open printer. It's big enough, the clerk can hoist his arm up over it and bang the side. "This here is the souped up 87 pro model. 87 percent of the time it works every time. You won't find a more accurate lie detector out there, no ma'am!"

Ilpholin gives Anika a look after a long moment of staring at the equipment. "There's no way this fits on the bike." Let alone integrated into her systems!

[Misty Velvet]

And here it seemed like Rose liked kinks!

Maybe not the psychological, life-bending ones. Fair. Everyone needs a line. Raven just likes hopscotching over it.

A hug returned! Raven's bad mood was lifting well enough as time passed from her pout-fest.

She even giggles a little at Rose's joke. It's no Oh-hoh-hoh, but it's an entrancingly beautiful sound all the same. "Guess they didn't play it loud enough if your brain isn't mush! You won't get that feeling from soft rock, huh?" Raven grins AND proves that she can sometimes pay attention to what Rose likes. "You want to see my zombies dance? I can make them dance."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Abbi puts the tray down and then leaves the room. She yelps a little when she uses the shocker; it didn't hurt, but it did surprise her. She'll look a little embarrassed if Hana checks up on her as a result. The bruises have faded quite significantly, though not her black eye. She wraps herself up in the robe. She's... a little confused; she has her uniform right there, neatly folded up and ready to put on, or she could have taken a fresh one from the chamber she's intended to sleep in. She'll stand in the main room until told to sit, and then pull a chair out and sit down. She'll take her queue on how to eat the burger from Hana; if the guest picks it up and takes a bite, Abbi will copy her. If she uses the cutlery provided, then... Abbi is probably going to wait until Hana's finished so she can use the knife and fork. Or until Hana gives her some printed from her HotBox.
    [Trust-Worthy Hotel]

The reasoning behind the robe might be a little more obvious when Abbi puts it on. It's so much more comfortable than most articles of clothing would be, even among its contemporaries. Apparently, Hana wasn't done being nice to her yet.

It also seems Hana is in the "eat it with your hands" camp. After the first few bites, she'll notice Abbi has yet to take a seat and make the gesture for her to sit with her. This was a meal for two, after all.

Hana gives a little sigh and sets the burger down, taking a moment for it to settle in her stomach before resuming. "You know, these burgers aren't really my thing." She begins, segueing into talking to Abbi about what was on her mind. "But my wife would love these. She always said the grease is half the point."

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Misty Velvet]

And here it seemed like Rose liked kinks!

Maybe not the psychological, life-bending ones. Fair. Everyone needs a line. Raven just likes hopscotching over it.

A hug returned! Raven's bad mood was lifting well enough as time passed from her pout-fest.

She even giggles a little at Rose's joke. It's no Oh-hoh-hoh, but it's an entrancingly beautiful sound all the same. "Guess they didn't play it loud enough if your brain isn't mush! You won't get that feeling from soft rock, huh?" Raven grins AND proves that she can sometimes pay attention to what Rose likes. "You want to see my zombies dance? I can make them dance."
    [Misty Velvet]

Rose giggles and gives Raven a warm smile. That laugh sounded so much better than her usual oh-hoh-hoh. It was... warmer. More sincere. Less of a laugh at her and more one with her. Rose actually genuinely liked it, and considers saying as much to Raven, but decides against it as more pressing matters come up.

Rose frowns and glances around at the zombies. "Um... is that..." She fidgets nervously with her hand, remembering a close encounter with Bruce that resulted in him losing it. "...Are you sure that's a good idea? Mixing zombies and vigorous motion?" She asks. Then, getting the feeling she might not quite be striking the proper tone, she elaborates: "I mean, that just sounds like it's going to set you up for a lot of repair work in the near future. I'd hate to trouble you that much on my account." She smirks and taps a finger to her chin. "...Then again, I would love to watch you work on these things. Maybe even give you a hand, if that's not too presumptuous." She giggles and jokingly gropes her own wrist. "Figuratively, I mean. That wasn't an offer of organ donation."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #843
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Abbi gasps slightly when she feels how soft the robe is; she's never felt anything softer. She'll wrap it tight around herself and smiles as she sits down.

Abbi also takes bites from her burger, and also an eye on Hana as she does so. She doesn't often eat with guests, and isn't sure what is expected for her in this situation. "Abbi could send for a sandwich instead? Would you prefer one of those?" If there's an issue with the food, Abbi will suggest alternatives, though she can't do much about Hana's missing wife.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #844

[Searching for Truth]

Ilpholin rubs the back of her head. "Well... it'd be used in interrogations right? As would torture equipment. So maybe it's just naturally mixed in cause of that. I don't think it's supposed to be torture equipment." Ilpholin kind of shrugs, honestly not all that certain. She's mostly guessing. Honestly they just need to find a way to mass manufacture truth serums. They're so much more effective than torture anyways, but as it is, they're also that much more expensive.

The clerk comes back a few moments later, grunting with exertion before dropping a rather big, heavy box looking thing. It's got wires coming out to attach to fingers and needle arms over paper hanging out like its an open printer. It's big enough, the clerk can hoist his arm up over it and bang the side. "This here is the souped up 87 pro model. 87 percent of the time it works every time. You won't find a more accurate lie detector out there, no ma'am!"

Ilpholin gives Anika a look after a long moment of staring at the equipment. "There's no way this fits on the bike." Let alone integrated into her systems!
    [Searching for Truth]

Anika scratches the back of her head but nods at Ilpholin's explanation. She supposed that made sense.

But whatever she expected the lie detector to look like she didn't expect it to be that big. Yikes.
    Usually her principle was the bigger the better but in this case she wasn't so sure.

"You sure there isn't anything, um, smaller anywhere around here? Maybe another store got something?" The druid asks the clerk before quickly turning to Ilpholin.

"I could try to carry it on my back and then maybe Mr. Squiggles could, uh, have a look at it." Anika might not know a lot about goblin magic but it looked like that thing could be optimized.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-10-07 at 11:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #845

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Abbi gasps slightly when she feels how soft the robe is; she's never felt anything softer. She'll wrap it tight around herself and smiles as she sits down.

Abbi also takes bites from her burger, and also an eye on Hana as she does so. She doesn't often eat with guests, and isn't sure what is expected for her in this situation. "Abbi could send for a sandwich instead? Would you prefer one of those?" If there's an issue with the food, Abbi will suggest alternatives, though she can't do much about Hana's missing wife.
    [Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana waves dismissively. "Don't worry about it." She says with a little smile. If there was anything on the menu that held more appeal to her, she would have just ordered that instead. "I just... I just miss her, is all. We're recently separated, you see." Hana reddens when she realizes what she said and quickly elaborates. "By circumstance, I mean. We're still very much together. She's just not... here. With me. And I don't know how long it'll be before I can get her back."

"...Sorry." She sighs. "I just thought I'd need to talk to somebody about it. You've got enough to worry about, I'm sure."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

6. - Top - End - #846
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"All Abbi has to worry about for this week is you, mi- Hana." Abbi sounds very earnest as she says this, and nods. "Abbi does not have a wife, or much family. Abbi... doesn't know what it's like. If it makes you feel better, Abbi is happy to listen." Actually true, as it happens. Abbi's wondering about later, after the meal and massage and whatever else, but she's not actually worried about it. Hana's far nicer than most of the guests she's entertained in this suite.

7. - Top - End - #847

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana smiles. "Well, thank you, Abbi. That's... that's very kind of you." She gives the ratgirl a little hug (or at least starts to; she'll back off if Abbi finds it at all uncomfortable) before she resumes talking. "Right. Well... I think you'd like Hazel if you ever met her. She's really very sweet, but you wouldn't know it at first. She likes to act all tough." Hana gives a wistful little smile. "We went to academy together. She had a little trouble with her grades, and I needed to get my physical scores up, so we ended up spending a lot of time together. We became quite good friends in that time." She blushes slightly. "And then, once we started working together outside of school, we... got to be a little more than friends, as you can tell." She smiles. "...I think that's a little understated, really. The value of having someone who is that good a friend to you, first and foremost. We never really lost that, just... started putting more on top of it." She grins. "Of course, it was still surprising when she popped the ring and the question. I didn't think she was... quite that particular flavor of sentimental, you know?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Abbi isn't uncomfortable getting hugged, and will hug back a little, too. Abbi listens quite intently, though not all the words are ones she's familiar with. Academy's a type of school, right? What's a grade? She'll nod along, smiling a little, happy to hear Hana's life, but doesn't have much to say yet. She can't say she does know, since she's not had a very sentimental life. "I think so, mi- Hana."

9. - Top - End - #849

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana smiles and finishes off her burger, before she stretches and smiles. "Well, I think that'll be all for tonight, Abbi. I'll see you in the morning." She'll then proceed to do what is totally normal for her (but pretty weird by Skyside's standards) and disrobe, return to the bathroom, and dive into the bath, scooching and curling until she's suspeneded in the gel juuuust right before falling asleep.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"Goodnight, Hana." Abbi smiles and finishes her own burger. She's a little confused as to why Hana went to the bathroom, but there's a door from there to the bedroom so Abbi doesn't worry about it immediately.

She'll go to the bedroom once she's finished eating to wish Hana a good night, and see if Hana wants her to sleep nearby. Hana obviously isn't in the massive bed, so Abbi goes to the bathroom and sees Hana in the bath. Abbi gasps, her tail twists about her leg, and after a moment of recovery she sheds her bathrobe and dives in to the red gel to pull Hana out.

11. - Top - End - #851

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Swimming through the gel isn't exactly easy; by design, it's somewhat shock-absorbant, so when Abbi dives in, she sort of... won't. Instead, she'll be greeted by what feels at first like a more-or-less solid surface, which will give her an unpleasant slap across the face (and the rest of her front) when she makes contact with it.

Then, as the surface's fluidity takes hold, Abbi will find herself essentially sucked down under the surface of the gel, which will collapse around her like a warm, strawberry-scented soufflé. Then she'll have to propel herself through it, which she'll find to be just a touch more difficult than with plain water, especially if she's too forceful and the gel hardens around her again. Thankfully, she'll be able to breathe down here (the gel isn't at all harmful to her lungs and will allow oxygen and carbon dioxide to be exchanged effortlessly), but she might not know that at first, and the red substance will seem to be trying to squeeze the air from her lungs if she holds her breath.

Finally, there's the issue of getting back out with Hana. While she's bouyant enough to float in the gel, moving her around will require all the effort normally associated with moving an unconscious human adult around, plus the additional constraints already mentioned.

Should Abbi persist, however, her efforts will be rewarded with Hana and her flopping over the side of the bath, the latter still asleep. Hana will then mumble groggily, "Not tonight, Haze... too tired... promise to wake you with that thing you like, though..." before resuming her snoring, which is quite loud and was thankfully muffled by the gel earlier.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Klaus nods and accepts the mask, holding it in his hands. "So be it." He smiles. Not smirks. Not grimaces. He has an honest-to-god smile on his face as he holds the mask in his hands, imagining what he can do with this new persona. "One mission with every change of the moon. You have my word."
    "And in return, you have my mask. The Wyrd has heard and will remember." The King's eyes gleam. "Once you have slain the required people, come to a forgotten place such as this and speak my title. I will come."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

First of all Abbi's breathe is knocked from her as she hits the surface of the gel, and then she gasps as she's sucked under by fluid dynamics. She gasps once and swallows a small bite of the gel before going under and holding her breath. She'll half-swim and half-dig, just to get through it to where Hana is suspended, holding her breath the whole while. She'll inhale some in desperation as she's getting towards the end, but persists anyway, hauling Hana out of the gel before collapsing half in and half out of the bath. She's panting for breath and desperate for air, and blushes when she hears Hana's sleep-talking, but will try to wake Hana anyway, just to be sure Hana's alright.

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tempest Row]

"And in return, you have my mask. The Wyrd has heard and will remember." The King's eyes gleam. "Once you have slain the required people, come to a forgotten place such as this and speak my title. I will come."
    [Tempest Row]

Klaus smiles and turns to leave, hefting the mask in his hands. He's eager to try it out, and decides to duck into another alley to slips it on, along with a set of black, collared robes that would not look out of place in a church. With that done, he'll proceed out into Skyside, conjuring the crow swarm to test their abilities.

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

First of all Abbi's breathe is knocked from her as she hits the surface of the gel, and then she gasps as she's sucked under by fluid dynamics. She gasps once and swallows a small bite of the gel before going under and holding her breath. She'll half-swim and half-dig, just to get through it to where Hana is suspended, holding her breath the whole while. She'll inhale some in desperation as she's getting towards the end, but persists anyway, hauling Hana out of the gel before collapsing half in and half out of the bath. She's panting for breath and desperate for air, and blushes when she hears Hana's sleep-talking, but will try to wake Hana anyway, just to be sure Hana's alright.
    [Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana's eyes flutter open as Abbi wakes her. "Mm. Hey again, Abbi. Is it morning already?" She asks, sitting up and brushing her gel-covered hair from her shoulders. "I didn't oversleep, did I?" Actually, now that she thought about it, she sort of couldn't, really, could she? It's not like she had any appointments lined up.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #855
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"You... you were in the bath. I thought you were in trouble." Abbi's still a little worried, now because she's thinking she overstepped herself by rescuing Hana from something that wasn't actually dangerous. Hana hasn't seemed the sort that would punish Abbi for an honest mistake, but it's hard to be sure sometimes with guests and customers.

16. - Top - End - #856

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

"...Why would..." Hana facepalms. "Ach! Sorry, I should have told you." She pats the gel's surface and gives Abbi an apologetic little smile. "This is my bed. It's how everyone sleeps back home. Very comfortable, very good for you." She gestures to Abbi's arms, which are likely almost completely healed after having spent that much time in the gel. "But... I might have forgotten that's not what you're used to around here. Sorry." She smiles and slips back into the bath, up to her shoulders. "Oh, but when you wake me in the morning..." She gestures to the shocker. "That will save you a lot of time and effort."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-07 at 06:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"You mean, it's OK to breathe it? Abbi is glad to hear that. If you died, Abbi would probably get the blame." And that wouldn't be pleasant for her, even if she's being scapegoated to make some rich family feel better. "Would that evaporate all the gel, mi- Hana? And what time would you like to be awok-eep-en?" The rat-girl yelps a little at the last as she's just taken the shocker to clean herself off, and the slight tingle startled her once more.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

[Searching for Truth]

"Oh no. This is definitely the best option around! I don't think there even are other stores that have what we have here. You won't find a better deal!"

The lie detector machine starts whirring, needles flicking back and forth on the paper until the clerk hits the box hard on its side to get it to stop. "Sorry, it's temperamental."

Not that they would need a lie detector to tell that this guy is lying about the availability of other products at other stores.

Ilpholin brushes some hair behind her ear, a habit that's been hard to die as she often forgets her hair can move out of the way on its own. "Well... Mister Squiggles is a miracle worker..."

[Misty Velvet]

"Repair work? What are you talking about?" Raven just looks at Rose quizzically. "They're built for vigorous activity and hard manual labor. A little dancing won't kill them." She remembers the incident with Bruce a lot less vividly than Rose does by not remembering it at all. Or considers hand replacements to be commonplace.

Still, Rose continues to surprise. "You sure? I was under the impression most people didn't enjoy digging around in rotting dead people for hours on end, even if it is to fix them up." Raven's not so oblivious to the commonplace school of thought about zombies, which is usually 'eww'. "I mean, if that's what you like, sure, I don't mind. You can hold... scalpels, I guess." Sponges, forceps, pliers, hammers. There's all kinds of tools Rose could hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #859

[Searching for Truth]

Or they could take it to Tauron, but Anika wouldn't suggest that as she doesn't know much about him.

"We could also look around in other stores." Anika suggests, but that might be more of a montage rather than several separate scenes.

Not that she thought the clerk was lying but because he might not know about all the lie detectors in the city.

20. - Top - End - #860

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"You mean, it's OK to breathe it? Abbi is glad to hear that. If you died, Abbi would probably get the blame." And that wouldn't be pleasant for her, even if she's being scapegoated to make some rich family feel better. "Would that evaporate all the gel, mi- Hana? And what time would you like to be awok-eep-en?" The rat-girl yelps a little at the last as she's just taken the shocker to clean herself off, and the slight tingle startled her once more.
    [Trust-Worthy Hotel]

"...Well, yes." Hana shrugs a little. "I mean, I'm upset about losing Hazel, but I'm not at that point yet. I wouldn't jump in if it could kill me." She gives Abbi a tiny smile. "And yes, that shocker would evaporate all the gel. You'll get quite a whiff, and it'll be startling, but harmless. As for when... do you think you could wake me at nine?"

[Misty Velvet]

"Repair work? What are you talking about?" Raven just looks at Rose quizzically. "They're built for vigorous activity and hard manual labor. A little dancing won't kill them." She remembers the incident with Bruce a lot less vividly than Rose does by not remembering it at all. Or considers hand replacements to be commonplace.

Still, Rose continues to surprise. "You sure? I was under the impression most people didn't enjoy digging around in rotting dead people for hours on end, even if it is to fix them up." Raven's not so oblivious to the commonplace school of thought about zombies, which is usually 'eww'. "I mean, if that's what you like, sure, I don't mind. You can hold... scalpels, I guess." Sponges, forceps, pliers, hammers. There's all kinds of tools Rose could hold.
    [Misty Velvet]

The truth is, Rose probably would find the surgical stuff Raven does to be pretty gross, but it'd hardly be the first time she'd have to put on a happy face while engaging in something she finds physically and/or morally repulsive. And getting an up close and personal view of how the mecha-zombies were assembled could give her useful intelligence to pass on to MERC. She's a professional, she can sit through that.

"Well, when you put it like that, no." Rose shrugs and smirks. "Which is why I'd say 'I would love to play nurse for my girlfriend'. Sounds much sexier." She giggles. "And if you get into it, I'm sure I'll follow suit sooner or later. Anyway..." She gestures to the zombies. "What kind of moves did you give them?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

"I can do that, mi- Hana. Nine o'clock. Would you like breakfast ready for then, too?" Breakfast is probably going to be toast, egg, sausage, bacon and kidney, though Hana could order differently, and grapefruit and cereal are also available if Hana would prefer. Abbi would offer breakfast in bed, but... not a bed. "How should Abbi wake you? Abbi doesn't want you to fall if the gel evaporates whilst you're inside." Which is possible if Hana's suspended within it, like a beetle in amber.

22. - Top - End - #862

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

"Breakfast sounds lovely." Hana smiles. "And don't worry about me falling. It's designed not to let that happen. If it makes you feel better, I'll sleep near the bottom." Hana slips a little further into the gel, so only her face is above the surface. "Good night, Abbi." She smiles, before going back under for the night.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-10-08 at 02:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Abbi nods and grabs her bathrobe. "OK, Hana. See you in the morning." With a smile and a wave, Abbi heads into the main room and picks up the phone, ordering breakfast at nine through the room service, and asking for an alarm in her closet for quarter to nine, so she can make sure that she's up and ready for when Hana's breakfast arrives. That done, she heads back into the bathroom to take advantage of the mirror there, where she files her incisors. Like a rat's, they keep growing; filing them regularly keeps them short enough to stay manageable. If Hana's still awake, it probably seems quite odd. When she's finished, she'll go to the tiny room and put the file away, hanging the bathrobe on the door and climbing into bed.

24. - Top - End - #864

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Within minutes, Hana is sleeping soundly. What happens next depends on the rest of the hotel.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Nothing happens until really early in the morning, when the door is opened and six people enter. They're all guards, bulky orcs with dark orange-brown skin, short black hair and deep amber eyes. They wear modern black body armour. Two have shotguns, another carries a long pole sparking with electricity at the end, another has a weighted net, and one carries a collection of chains. The last carries a rubber club, and leads a valet in, who is rather nervous and not limping fast enough for the guard.

The shotgun guards go into the bedroom, whilst the ones with the net and the pole go into the bathroom. The one with the chains opens the door into the servant's chambers. The rubber club and the valet wait where they are.

In the bathroom, the guard with the net throws it over the bath, spreading it out wide, whilst the guard with the electrified pole jabs the gel with it. It's a far more potent shock than the little shock of Hana's shocker, which might effect Hana- and if it doesn't wake her, the weighted net that will land on her might.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

[Tempest Row]

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Klaus smiles and turns to leave, hefting the mask in his hands. He's eager to try it out, and decides to duck into another alley to slips it on, along with a set of black, collared robes that would not look out of place in a church. With that done, he'll proceed out into Skyside, conjuring the crow swarm to test their abilities.
    The mask produces a swarm of half-tangible, indistinct crows. They have very limited intelligence of their own and dissipate quickly if acted upon with force, but they'll serve very well as a distraction, intimidation technique, means of concealment or for other purposes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #867

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Nothing happens until really early in the morning, when the door is opened and six people enter. They're all guards, bulky orcs with dark orange-brown skin, short black hair and deep amber eyes. They wear modern black body armour. Two have shotguns, another carries a long pole sparking with electricity at the end, another has a weighted net, and one carries a collection of chains. The last carries a rubber club, and leads a valet in, who is rather nervous and not limping fast enough for the guard.

The shotgun guards go into the bedroom, whilst the ones with the net and the pole go into the bathroom. The one with the chains opens the door into the servant's chambers. The rubber club and the valet wait where they are.

In the bathroom, the guard with the net throws it over the bath, spreading it out wide, whilst the guard with the electrified pole jabs the gel with it. It's a far more potent shock than the little shock of Hana's shocker, which might effect Hana- and if it doesn't wake her, the weighted net that will land on her might.
    [Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana wakes up with a jolt as the electric shock pulses through the gel, evaporating it and forcing her into convulsions. She recovers just in time to see the net coming down toward her and makes to the edge of the bath, trying to climb out before the net ensnares her. If successful, she'll look around and try to find her assailants. She knows she's under attack; she just can't tell how or by whom.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tempest Row]

The mask produces a swarm of half-tangible, indistinct crows. They have very limited intelligence of their own and dissipate quickly if acted upon with force, but they'll serve very well as a distraction, intimidation technique, means of concealment or for other purposes.
    [Tempest Row]

In this case, "other purposes" amounts to reconnaissance; it doesn't take Klaus long to print out some remote cameras and have the swarm transport them over a several-block radius; he'll find a suitable victim sooner or later.

(Open Scene)

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

Hana can get free of the edge of the bath, and she'll find the two orcs on the edge of the bed. Since she's out from under the net, one of the guards is unarmed, though he'll climb into the bath to grab the net. Meanwhile, the other orc jabs at Hana with the shock-pole.

In another room, Abbi screams briefly, before stopping. Then someone else, a man, screams and there's a thwack of something hard hitting flesh, and a grunt.

29. - Top - End - #869

[Trust-Worthy Hotel]

Hana spots the unarmed orc and moves quickly to dispatch him, advancing quickly and throwing out a series of quick jabs meant to incapacitate him. However, the orc with the electric pole is still out of her sight, and the pole will hit her squarely between the shoulder blades, sending her into convulsions again; without the benefit of the gel to absorb most of it. She'll be incapacitated herself after only a few seconds.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

The Trust-Worthy Hotel

The orc moves his hands up to cover his face, but can't block the first few blows to his nose and eyes. After Hana's incapacitated by the shock-prod, he'll pull out some zipties and use them to bind Hana's hands behind her back. He'll do the same to her ankles, and when he's sure she's bound- and possibly starting to recover from the shock- he kicks her in the ribs. He'll then pick her up and carry her out, to the main room, setting her face-down on the sofa.

Abbi is already there, sat in an armchair. She's naked, with chains about her ankles and her hands tied behind her back. There's blood dribbling from her mouth and the orc standing next to her, sorting out some other chains, has an injury on his cheek that's bleeding quite freely. It looks like a bite. The orc with the shock pole follows out, whilst the valet returns from the bedroom with anything Hana left in there, before he limps over to the bathroom to clear Hana's things from that.