New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1226 - The Discussion Thread

Presuming it is Serini, the whole memory potion indicates she believes they are looking for the gate. When in reality they're just trying to stop Xykon.

Although with the words saying it was nice to exist, does she believe that kidnapping the paladins will be the death of them? Or is she in favor of the gods destroying the world?

She and the other Scribblers probably knew the gods debated on destroying the world, right? So... She must want the gods the destroy the world?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Hmmm. A thought occurs to me. She has missing limbs, and Durkon does have everything needed for Regenerate....
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    Presuming it is Serini, the whole memory potion indicates she believes they are looking for the gate. When in reality they're just trying to stop Xykon.

Although with the words saying it was nice to exist, does she believe that kidnapping the paladins will be the death of them? Or is she in favor of the gods destroying the world?

She and the other Scribblers probably knew the gods debated on destroying the world, right? So... She must want the gods the destroy the world?
    She knows the other 4 gates have fallen and now knows all the players are at her gate. An assumption that existence may end soon is natural. She wasn't happy about the possibility of reality ending and I never understood how people took it that way.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-02-19 at 08:41 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hmmm. A thought occurs to me. She has missing limbs, and Durkon does have everything needed for Regenerate....

She knows the other 4 gates have fallen and now knows all the players are at her gate. An assumption that existence may end soon is natural. She wasn't happy about the possibility of reality ending and I never understood how people took it that way.
    To be fair we didn't know who was talking at the time or why they'd feel that way.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    ...Hmm.

Honestly, compared to the flashbacks Serini seems much more... pessimistic and bitter than she used to be. That might be relevant.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

It was Serini AND Redcloak's Niece!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

That is one unnecessarily long cloak she has on. Hope it doesn’t get caught on anything, superhero cape style!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ok so here's the Scribblers

Soon - Dead we've seen his ghost
    Dourukan - Dead killed by Xykon
    Draketooth - Dead we've seen his remains in his grave
    Kraagor - Presumed dead because of the scene with the mourning and the statue plus I mean we are at Kraagor's Tomb but hey stranger things have happened in this comic. FTR I do believe Kraagor is dead or at least "dead"
    Serini - Standing right in front of us albeit looking a bit weird
    Liran - Did she die back in the forest when her gate was taken out? I honestly don't know can't remember.

So crackpot theories for orange voice

Liran if she's still hanging on to this mortal coil
    "Kraagor" - In some sort of golem form perhaps. Like I said stranger things have happened in this comic

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by doctor23 View Post

Kraagor - Presumed dead because of the scene with the mourning and the statue plus I mean we are at Kraagor's Tomb but hey stranger things have happened in this comic. FTR I do believe Kraagor is dead or at least "dead"
    Liran - Did she die back in the forest when her gate was taken out? I honestly don't know can't remember.

"Kraagor" - In some sort of golem form perhaps. Like I said stranger things have happened in this comic
    Spoiler: SoD
    Show

Xykon 100% killed Lirian, and then zombified her corpse, and then also trapped her soul in a crystal, she is absolutely not orange voice
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Short person on stool: confirmed!
    Left side of body greenish: what the hell is that? Is this some sort of replacement of halfling flesh with goblin / kobold flesh?
    And given the age of the halfling: we have Serini!
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dorukan - Dead, soul in Xykon's pocket.
    Lirian - Dead, soul in Xykon's pocket.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2021-02-19 at 09:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why the extra long cloak? I mean besides the dramatic reveal effect.
    ""Jeez, this dress! i look like a dominatrix""
    (self-loathing): ""Actually , you look like a sorceress or something""
    ""Hey, no need to get cruel""

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Lirian was soul trapped inside of a gem, and used to lure Dorukon out.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kebusmaximus View Post
    Wow what happened to her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Left side of body greenish: what the hell is that? Is this some sort of replacement of halfling flesh with goblin / kobold flesh?
    I would speculate that she now has the half-golem template. Given that Crystal, who was a variant flesh golem, had purple text - maybe this green is for half-clay golems?
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2021-02-19 at 09:07 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    To be fair we didn't know who was talking at the time or why they'd feel that way.
    Yeah but it still felt like an overly pessimistic reading of it to me, especially since it sounded more wistful than anything.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by grandpheonix View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaat! Shes green voice? Then who's orange voice?
    The green half of her. Obviously.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I would speculate that she now has the half-golem template. Given that Crystal, who was a variant flesh golem, had purple text - maybe this green is for half-clay golems?
    I kinda hope she's not a half-golem though, because that template is horrible for your mental stats even if you make your save.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    So if the plan is to make them forget... then why abduct them in the first place?
    Because if the people you abduct, simply disappear, the people who sent them will only send more to see what happened. Plus, now they'll be on guard against being disappeared themselves.

Send back the abductees with a totally convincing story that, whatever they're looking for, it isn't here, and your hunters will move off and look somewhere else. Only works if you're absolutely sure in your amnesiac and that your implanted story remains intact.

I really like The Terminator-style that the Giant cobbled up for this elderly Halfling's face. Looks like something Grubwiggler might have thrown together. It's probably intensely painful.

I also wonder if mentioning Xykon will serve like Minrah mentioning the Snarl did to Thor: here's your password that entitles us to different treatment than usual.

18. - Top - End - #48

AssassinGuy

"Half Expected" is a brilliant comic name. Rich created this expectation with the last comic. The details in the room, the short arm. So we all expected to be Serini, and it is, but not quite what we were thinking. But also, this is only half of her. Well done, Rich, sir.

And looks like someone took classes in big reveals. Why use a long coat like that if not only for dramatic tension? Somewhere in Kraagor's Tomb, Elan senses a peaceful balance in the force.
    The Hundred Second
    Creator of the first iteration of The Stick Awards

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Finally, Serini shows up. And alive!

Well, half alive, at least.

Looks like Xykon didn't find her diary in a public library, after all.
    Last edited by The Pilgrim; 2021-02-19 at 09:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nazzo, the 102nd View Post
    "Half Expected" is a brilliant comic name. Rich created this expectation with the last comic. The details in the room, the short arm. So we all expected to be Serini, and it is, but not quite what we were thinking. But also, this is only half of her. Well done, Rich, sir.

And looks like someone took classes in big reveals. Why use a long coat like that if not only for dramatic tension? Somewhere in Kraagor's Tomb, Elan senses a peaceful balance in the force.
    Also Serini is a halfling. Or, well, a quarterling now I guess. Ouch.

Incidentally I suspect her cloak's so big is because that's what she uses to fly. Wings of Flying are a thing.

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #51

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    In #1189, O-Chul was pondering about how to find the gate just before he was attacked.

22. - Top - End - #52

Kraagor is dead- he was eaten by the snarl, which is what broke up the Scribblers. Well, okay, there's an outside chance that he's still alive on Snarl-World, but for now he's "dead".

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

...Huh, now that I think of it, why'd Serini kidnap the paladins? If she didn't want them to find the Gate, she could have just left them there instead. Making them forget something wouldn't really change that.

Extended sig here.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

One red and one black eye, had a conversation with herself in two differently colored voices. Is it too early to start calling her Gollum?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

So if the plan is to make them forget... then why abduct them in the first place?
    Probably going to interrogate them before making them drink. Or do something else, I dunno.

EDIT: I do wonder what her game is exactly: she assumes that they were sent by someone (presumably SG leadership) to look for her/the Tomb and wants them to report finding nothing, so I guess she has a plan to take out Xykon under her own power. Sounds awfully bold though I would venture revenge features more than a little in her intentions.

EDIT the second of her name:
    Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    One red and one black eye, had a conversation with herself in two differently colored voices. Is it too early to start calling her Gollum?
    Gollum's eyes are both of the same colours. Also we have no reason to think Orange isn't an associate of hers.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-02-19 at 09:24 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...Huh, now that I think of it, why'd Serini kidnap the paladins? If she didn't want them to find the Gate, she could have just left them there instead. Making them forget something wouldn't really change that.
    I got the impression that, in addition to mindwiping them, she'd feed them a suggestion or two that 'they'd looked high and low, and didn't find anything.' So they'd go somewhere else to look for the Gate.

27. - Top - End - #57

Planetar

Aha, even though the battle between the Order and Xykon will go awry, the world will ultimately be saved, however only a heavily wounded Belkar survives.
    Sadly the RedCloak will also perish in the battle, and many years in the future the world will once again begin to unravel. Belkar, the only person left alive who knows about the plot (thanks to Elan's story telling on the mechane) manages to travel back in time to the place where it all went wrong, now his mission is to make sure things goes right so RC can help sealing the rifts.

Also Belkar had a sex change at some point after defeating Xykon.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing to prevent them from getting killed, and thus prompting for more paladins to show up. Also to send a report of "everything is fine, no need to investigate", like she said. She doesn't seem to believe they can help, so she wants them out of the way.

Lirian and Dorukan's souls are both trapped in a gemstone last seen in Xykon's possession.

Quote Originally Posted by faustin View Post
    Why the extra long cloak? I mean besides the dramatic reveal effect.
    Not a lot of haberdashers in the north pole. It might be the one she has, but it is shaped for human height, and she can't re-fit it to her size.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSquirrel View Post
    Kraagor is dead- he was eaten by the snarl, which is what broke up the Scribblers. Well, okay, there's an outside chance that he's still alive on Snarl-World, but for now he's "dead".
    Which is why they wrote presumed dead. It was in crayon, which is not 100% reliable, so he's likely dead but we are not 100% certain, while we are 100% certain about the others. Hence, presumed dead.

30. - Top - End - #60

Guessing the orange voice is ALSO Serini, but the left side of her. With an orange right side.

Which raises the question what the boop Xykon did to her? All we know is it didn't involve a reflex save for half damage...

Long shot: the orange side has her physical abilities and the green side has her mental. The green side seems to use mostly mental abilities (bluffing, poison) whereas the orange one is less prone to reflection, but it was useful to help carrying knocked-out paladins. But yeah, long shot, based on absolutely very little. Just something that popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfHell View Post

Also Belkar had a sex change at some point after defeating Xykon.
    Or defeating Xykon INVOLVED a sex change.

It wouldn't be the first time the order uses that trick to help out in a fight...
    Last edited by Sam K; 2021-02-19 at 09:31 AM.
    Spoiler: How to fix T1 classes:
    Show
    There are more posts on the forums about how to nerf T1, than there are posts about T1 characters ruining games. I would say the problem is solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This? This isn't a slice of brilliance. This is the whole freaking pie.

When you play the game of pwns, you're either w1n or n00b. There is no middle ground.