New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

Kallak stops and whispers to the others "Wait a moment, I know what this stuff is..."

[Edit]: "I've heard of this! It must be brown mold, and it causes the cold we felt on the way down. If we get near it, the cold is so intense it can knock people out. I don't think we can go down there."

Yarro responses, "Maybe my bombs can kill it? Though they do not cause fire."

"Actually, fire makes it grow, for some reason. I've heard cold can kill it, but I have no idea why. Your acid might be able to, as well. I'm not sure. And rather than risk it, I suggest we go around. It looks like it is spread around this cave quite a bit."

Yarro nods. "Alright. Should we double back and try the other path?"
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-05-08 at 03:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

"Give me a couple of minutes. I want to estimate how long it would take to get rid of this mold." says Sarina. With one hand she grabs a flask she has in her bandolier, with other, she starts to gesture, casting Acid Splash again and again, sending tiny globes of acid towards the brown mold. She does that for about five minutes, then estimates how much is done and how mush is still left to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    50 attacks of 1d3+1 acid at +2 touch.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sarina starts the task of trying to remove the brown mold using acid. However after a minute she has cleared about half of a five foot square. But before you get ready to take a short break while Sarina continues to blast the mold with acid you here behind you "That's going to take forever" As you spin around to find who said that you hear the voice speak again "I'm gonna make you an offer you'd be wise to accept." Focusing on the voice it seems to come from a wall from the cavern you just came from to your right. Focusing on the spot you can make out a rough female humanoid shape but it's tough to see as the skin perfectly matches the cave wall. The female humanoid seems to only have a few crude pieces of clothing but caries a sword thankfully undrawn. "Two of you are going to follow me and speak to our... leader. Yeah that sounds right. The other two stay. Be good and don't make any trouble and Brath and Yardiss wn't hurt you. We're not interested in fighting." You can tell she is eyeing you ready to defend herself if she see's you making any hostile moves.

4. - Top - End - #154

SamuraiGuy

Kallak puts his hand on his planson, but does not draw it. Yarro responds, "Why just two of us? You could be trying to divide our group, to make us easier prey. What assurance do we have that you will not attack us? We are not looking for trouble, just one of the men who came down here before us."

While Yarro talks, Kallak looks around for the other two this humanoid mentioned.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony and Sarina stay silent for some time, then Sarina asks "Have you made this offer to anyone else lately?" while Thony just continues to watch this person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive rolled.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-05-10 at 02:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Lizardfolk

The humanoid addresses Yarro first .She fumbles with some of the words as it seems common is not her first language. " Two only because we need a garantee you won't attack us. I'm in more danger than you. If your looking for one person from those past intrusions our leader might know which one and where they went. if you need further assurace you may take my blade wile we go to the leader."
    To Sarina's question she responds with "Your the first group we're trying to talk with we need allies right now not more corpses."
    Both Sarina and Thony sense she is rather uncomfortable though your not sure if it's because she is speaking to people she doesn't know or the threat of battle that seems to hang in the air. However you don't get the feeling she is being evasive or trying to trick you.

Skill prompts
    Locating the other humanoids: Perception Dc 23
    What is she? Know local Dc 20
    Do you need more info or what some sort of explanation? Diplomacy DC varies

7. - Top - End - #157

SamuraiGuy

Kallak does not see anyone else, and relaxes a little. In a low voice, he says "I don't know, Yarro, what do you think?"

Yarro ***** her head slightly. "I think it may be worth the risk. But which two of us would go?" She glances at Thorny and Sarina, then turns to this humanoid, and asks "How far is this leader? Would we be separated long?"

Edit: OOC: Apparently I should have said Yarro TURNS her head slightly to the side. Sheesh.
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-05-11 at 09:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"We'll go. I and Sarina." says Thony looking past the strange humanoid famale at some exact point in the surrounding darkness. "Maybe she can even leave you some company more lively than just a blade." Then he shrugs. "Whatever. Should not be problematic."

9. - Top - End - #159

Lizardfolk

Thony can see just at the edge of the dim light a figure another humanoid like the one talking to you but with a bow and arrow he has one arrow knocked ready to fire at a moments notice. He seems to be a male and like the girl is completely bald you can't see any more but Thony guesses they are in the darkness beyond the dim light.
    The girl thinks for a moment and answers Yarro's question "Our leader is about one choes away from here or closer" The odd measurement confuses you for a second but you recognize it as a water clock measurement of two and a half minuets. "As for how long you'll be gone well that will depend on you" She looks to the group after Thony volunteers him and Sarina " Final answer?"

Spoiler: picture of the male
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks to Yarro, who shrugs and nods. "Please ask about Khonnir, and we will not make any progress on the mold while you are gone," she says to Sarina.

11. - Top - End - #161

Lizardfolk

With every one agreeing to let Thony and Sarina go the girl takes her blade out and hands it to Thony "Remember to be have once we get there I'm taking the sword back" With no more delays she walks Thony and Sarina down the cave passage. As you get to the previous chamber she goes down the other passage way the south east one you passed up before.

Kallak and Yarro watch as the others walk away following the woman but soon see one of the friends she mentioned. Emerging from the gloom is a male much like the girl you met. However he looks more grumpy he has a arrowed drawn ready to fire if you make any sudden moves. "Just stay put Luepel will bring your friends back." He looks back into the darkness and says something but your not sure what. He keeps watch on you.

Sarina and Thony enter into a much larger cavern. The ceiling of this vast chamber rises nearly thirty feet overhead. A five-foot-wide ledge runs along the western wall, sloping down to the cave floor ten feet below. Four ramshackle huts made of what appear to be strips of metal, hides, and some sort of fibrous plant matter sit in the cave, while to the south yawns a dark pit. She guides you through the small village and directs you to another passage way. On the way there you catch a glimpse of the large metal wall Khonnir described in his report to the council.

Battle map here
    The red mark was your path through the cavern.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony keeps his eyes open, but does not slow down to have a better look at anything, including that metal wall and that pit. Sarina just follows. Neither one says a word.

13. - Top - End - #163

Lizardfolk

With no real comments on any thing the group continues in awkward silence. Thony and Sarina enter into another dumping ground of a cave. This cramped cave is filled with metal junk covering almost every inch of ground. The precarious pile rises up in a heap like hut to the northwest. Luepel goes up to the hut and calls out "Sef!" You here some one moving aroud for a bit and finally the leader Sef appears. She looks a lot like Luepel however her clothes manly consists of straps and knives.
    Spoiler: Picture of Sef
    Show

She speaks to Luepel for a second and seems to thank her for bringing you here. Luepel walks back over to you and holds her hand out for her sword.
    Sef starts speaking "Ok Hello I'm Sef. I wanted to talk to who ever comes through here. We need help and you seem to want to move through the cave unimpeded. We'll let you through here without attack but you need to help us first. There is a nest of Jinkin Gremlins to the north and they have been a pest to us for too long. If you clear them out not only will we allow you to travel here but we'll reward you. Just don't attack us and every thing will be good." She pauses waiting for you to speak.

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-05-17 at 12:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hello Sef. Thony. Sarina." Thony points who is who."That is a potentially interesting deal, but why would we ever want to go through your part of the cave? We are following previous teams and if none of them went through your part of the cave, it is not clear why would we. At least, not without a map of this cave system. If we do want go through your part of the cave, how many of yours would accompany us for the attack on the gramlins? It's not like you expecting just four of us do whatever the lot of you are struggling to do."

15. - Top - End - #165

Lizardfolk

"There is good reason to believe you came here and need to get through our cave at least four groups of you outsiders have come here and all seem to want to travel through the metal wall. At least three groups have gone through it and if your following previous teams you'll need to go through our cave. As for help were are short on hands besides you seem capable."

Skill propts
    Get her to give you some help: Diplomacy

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's pretty interesting, I would tell. What were the arrangements for the previous groups' passage? Did they have to run errands for you too?" Thony does not seem hugely interested in the deal as presented, but knowing more is certainly another matter, especially since it could be resolved on the spot.

17. - Top - End - #167

Lizardfolk

"They don't matter right now what I'm talking about is our deal now. If you want more details I happily provide them if you agree to our request. But I need to know I can at least rely on you not to attack us and are willing to help."Sef responds.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

"No deal at the moment. We are not interested in attacking you, nor we are interested in attacking anyone. We are not doing it without your skin in the game, for sure." "But Thony, we need a passage through their cave!" "Maybe we need a passage through their cave. I don't remember Khonnir reporting on deals with them." Sarina turns to Sef. "Maybe you will accept a material payment instead? Healing scrolls? Potions? Coins?"
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-05-19 at 04:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Lizardfolk

Sef shakes her head "What little skin we got is stretched to thin. Me and Luepel that is half of everyone. So no I can't just send someone to help you clear out the gremlins. Besides as your companion so put you NEED passage. Everything in these caves just narrows down to this cave so your either going to go into the gremlin nooks or are going through the iron doors and going further in. If it's so important that I have skin in I'll give you half of your reward up front if you'll get rid of the gremlins. But what we need is someone willing to take action and help us. Material payment right now is useless to us." You can detect that Sef is starting to get annoyed.

Skill prompts
    Sense motive: is she telling the truth?
    Knowledge Nature: DC 11 Jinkin Gremlins

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

"Any hope of providing the help after doing our primary business? I mean, you are not in hurry, are you? We don't mind working for a reward later on. If you impede and delay our progress now, whether by wasting our resources or otherwise, that would not be good for anyone." "Please! We must save Khonnir! And the others, if they are still alive! We cannot just spend our last spells and bombs for today on those gremlins! But we will come back tomorrow to relight the torch and might be able to help you!"

21. - Top - End - #171

Lizardfolk

"I've seen what is on the other side. Their is a desert larger then this entire cavern and could fit at least three more. Undead walk those dunes. If you go on past here exhausted and get yourselves killed then we're still stuck with gremlins and have to ask the next group which may not be so peaceful next time. I have to look out for my people now and we can't make progress here until the gremlins are taken care of. I can't wait for you do traipse across a killer desert find some one that MIGHT be alive and return here. I'll allow to you return tomorrow but you have to help us first before we allow you access." Sef doesn't look like she is in much of mood to negotiate any more.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

"Okay, I understood your proposal." says Thony "We will discuss it." he then turns to leave.

23. - Top - End - #173

Lizardfolk

With an annoyed huff Sef asks Luepel to bring you back to your group. "Sorry about that but were all tense and on edge" She explains as you walk through the cavern.

Soon enough your back at Yarro and Kallaks position and see one of the other hominoids. She says something to them and they both retreat into the darkness.

You have 3 hours and 50 minuets of water breathing left.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"The situation is as follows. There is a nest of jinkin gremlins they want to have cleared. Like, above of all else save for their personal safety. They say they'll let us pass unimpeded through their part of the cave to where three previous groups went, but only after we clear the gremlin nest. Whether the previous groups went through them impeded or ran some other errands for them they have declined to comment. If we agree and, especially, succeed, they might be more forthcoming with the information. They are promising some reward, but are not open to any practical negotiation in the way we would like it. The bastards. We won't be getting to Knonnir today because past their cave is the metal wall mentioned and past that is a bunch of wandering undead we won't be able to handle after we're done with whomever we'll handle this side of the wall. I am not sure which bunch we should take on. Likely the gremlins, even though I would have preferred both sides roasting on a stake." Thony is apparently not in a very good mood.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-05-21 at 11:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

SamuraiGuy

Yarro gives a short nod as she states, "If there is no way around their cavern, that makes sense. Even if we fought through these chameleons, the gremlins would still be behind us and might attack. Whereas if we help these humanoids and take care of the gremlins, they likely will not bother us again. This female seems sincere, and they did not attack us while we were divided."

Kallak shrugs. "So we should ask them to lead the way, and expect trouble with these gremlins?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

"The gremlins are somewhere north of their cave, so if you need no preparations we just go there and expect them to point the correct way. I doubt they are going to lead." Then thonny remembers something. "Speaking of preparations..." He aims his musket at the ceiling somewhere in a distance and shoots. Then he reloads. "Cold iron bullet." He explains. "Just to be sure." He then takes a full powder horn out of the backpack instead the one half-expended.

27. - Top - End - #177

SamuraiGuy

"Alright. Lead the way," Kallak tells Thorny. Yarro gets up from where she was sitting, and shoulders her backpack. She nods.

28. - Top - End - #178

Lizardfolk

With your minds set on exterminating the gremlins you head down the corridor back to the previous room. You soon find Luepel and explain your ready to start the extermination. She takes you back through the village and soon you find your self near Sef's hut. Sarina and Thony remember passing this are on the way to Sef hut. Two openings in the rock lead further in but it's a bit of a tight squeeze the openings are about five foot high and you'll have to duck to enter. It also might be a bit hard to attack with something like a great sword while in the tunnel. Still you can head left or right.

Skill prompts
    Perception DC16
    Knowledge Nature: DC 11 Jinkin Gremlins +2 to roll for knowing about gremlins in general.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-05-26 at 08:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Lizardfolk

Yarro and Sarina notice something just past the entrance of the right tunnel a long thin tripwire. Yarro knows that the Jenkin Gremlins probably set it up. The gremlins are conniving and love to play pranks on people especially pranks that result in blood shed. There especially hard to pin down as they can teleport and when in groups they can curse magical items (or people) if they can get their little hands on them though cursing stuff takes awhile.

Skillpropt
    Disable Device DC16 to get rid of the trap

Spoiler: Jenkin Gremlin abilities
    Show

At will—prestidigitation
    1/hour—dimension door (self plus 5 lbs. only)

Tinker (Sp) A group of six jinkins working together over
    the course of an hour can create an effect identical to
    bestow curse on any living creature. This effect functions
    at CL 6th and has a range of 60 ft., and the target
    creature must be either willing or helpless (but still gets
    a saving throw to resist). The save is DC 14 + the Charisma
    modifier of the jinkin with the highest Charisma score (DC 16
    for most groups of jinkins). Alternatively, the group of jinkins
    can attempt to infuse a magic item with a curse. The nature
    of this curse is determined randomly; half of these
    curses make the magic item unreliable (each time the item is
    used, there is a 20% chance it does not function), while the
    other half give the item a random requirement (see page 537
    of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook). A jinkin can take part
    in a tinkering only once per day, and may only tinker with a
    creature or object that isn’t already cursed. Once a tinkering
    curse is in place, it is permanent until removed via an effect
    like remove curse. All jinkin tinkerings function as a curse
    created by a 6th-level caster.

30. - Top - End - #180

SamuraiGuy

Yarro puts a hand on Kallak's shoulder and quietly but firmly exclaims, "Wait. There is a tripwire (sigh). These are probably Jenkin gremlins, they tinker and curse people. They can also teleport, but not all the time. I think they need to rest after teleporting...Anyway we probably should remove the tripwire in case we have to double back quickly, or anyone else has to come in here. I think their curses can be nasty."

Kallak nods, Yarro gets out her tools, and the pair of them approach the wire. Kallak looks at the wire and the mechanism attached to it. "This doesn't look too bad." They appear to be practiced at working together, and get to work without much communication between them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Can Kallak aid Yarro's roll (or vice versa) using one set of tools? Also, one character can aid another even if the other is taking 10, right? If so, I think their standard practice would be Yarro aiding Kallak's taking ten on a Disable Device roll.