New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

Thony nods to confirm the purpose of the visit. He is not interested in buying anything, if only for the lack of funds.
    Sarina shakes her head. "No, we don't need help at the moment. I mean, except the help with getting underwater and some other stuff, but that's on Joram. I've just came here to hand our report. I mean, we are going back there again and we would like the next team, if any would be required, to have more information than we originally did. I sketched the layout of the cave here and wrote of some dangers therein ad other stuff, like the surface people's interactions with the locals. You can read it now and I will add clarifications as necessary."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Oh I thought you were to get something from the store. Joram is in the shop right now." Otto explains.
    Inside the temple shop you find Joram trading with another person as you walk in they seem to be finalizing the deal as you walk in. "So payment will be next week and I should have..." Joram pauses as you walk in "Oh Hello I'll just be a moment"

As Sarina talks with the clerk Dolga Freddert walks out of the council room looking exhausted she spots you and after a quick explination reads your report. "So in the report you say you had contact with the humanoids but still don't have a good grasp on what they are is that correct?"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony waits for Joram to finish the business. He's not in hurry.
    "Correct. It seems we are the second group to have a peaceful contact with them, of all the groups that have contact with them, and the very first group to have contact with them was not sent by this town. I am not sure what view the town would have on their continued presence, but right now they seem no longer dangerous and we'd rather leave the things as they are until we're done with our primary missions."

4. - Top - End - #274

Lizardfolk

Joram quickly finishes his business with the merchant but the merchant talks to you before leaving "Your the group that came back correct? Allow me to introduce my self I'm Sanvil Trent a merchant that specializes in more antique technologies. I also specialize in identify more obscure items. The ruins here in Numeria contain many oddities. If you find any I would be happy to buy them from you or identify. My trip so far has produced a number of interesting discoveries and I would happy to sell them for a price as well. I have a stall in the Merchant's Square so come see me if you have a chance."

Dolga looks at Sarina with concern "The first group wasn't from this town what do you mean by that? Are you talking about that group of halflings that went in?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

"Is there a market for brown-striped cards from down there? We have five of them and probably don't need more than four." Asks Thony of the merchant. When the business with the merchant is finished, Thony addresses Joram. "We think one of the bodies we brought here yesterday might have been of a messenger, either sent for help by Khonnir's team of escaped from whatever befell them. It could be very useful if we were to extract some answers from him. Can you do that? Other than that, we plan to prepare for another trip there today, sometime before noon noon. Would you provide the water breathing magic again?"
    Sarina shakes her head. "They were mostly half orcs and rat men following a pink haired woman. They asked the locals to find these brown-striped key cards for them and to prevent anyone from following, so presumably they knew what they were up to and weren't sent there by you."

6. - Top - End - #276

Lizardfolk

"Of course cards are always welcomed as decorations. Brown cards are pretty common though. I'll give you a gold piece for each of them. But I'll need you to come to the store later." After saying goodbye Sanvil exits the temple. With him gone you finally are able to talk to Joram. Joram listens to Thony and answers "Unfortunately I can't do that since the bodies can't speak for themselves you'll need to ask the next of kin they designated. Also I do not have that spell prepared today you'll need to come back tomorrow. Finally I would ask for a donation to the church for such a service about 280 GP."

Dolga looks at Sarina with concern "Can you tell me if these people went down there before or after the torch went out? This is very important. It doesn't change the fact that we still need to get the Torch and Khonnir back. But if an outside group is trying to attack us you must be carful. "

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then we'll pass, for now. We have neither the gold nor the time." Thony responds to Joram. "Do you have a free water breathing spell prepared today?"
    Sarina shakes her head. "I sort of assumed it must have been about the same time, but I did not double-check. I think if those inhabitants are good at keeping calendar, you might have your answer as soon as the evening, but no guarantees."

8. - Top - End - #278

Lizardfolk

"Until the Torch and Khonnir are back I'll have the water breathing spell prepared every day." Joram responds

Dolga nods "Just be prepared before going down there if that group is attacking the others we need to find out why they're here and what happened to every other group. So far you've at least discovered answers for two of them. We can only hope the other are still alive"

OOC: Are you going to go around and explore the town a bit or will you just go straight for the caves?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yarro responds to Joram, "We appreciate your help, and will come back for the water breathing spell. But we have some errands to do in town first."

Kallak nods his thanks, and turns to go, but then says, "Yes, we have some shopping to do before we leave - which reminds me, what do you sell here at your temple?"

10. - Top - End - #280

Lizardfolk

Joram points to a few pieces "We mostly sell metal Knick knacks and sculptures and sometimes kinetic sculptures but we also sell a few scrolls and services. Here a list of some scrolls we have in stock right now"
    Spoiler: List of scrolls
    Show

Light
    Ant Haul
    Dancing Lantern
    Ironbeard
    Know the Enemy
    Delay Poison
    Delay Disease

11. - Top - End - #281

SamuraiGuy

Yarro looks over the list. "Thank you, Joram, these may be useful in the future, but I don't think we can afford any scrolls for now. We will run our errands and come back, hopefully within the hour."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kallak and Yarro would like to talk to the blacksmith about masterwork weapons, and buy some items to trade with those small humanoids. Maybe some bedding, clothes, and food. Yarro also had the idea to stock up on some alchemy materials. We probably want to roleplay the meeting with the smith (right?) but the other stuff we can skip, if you all want.

12. - Top - End - #282

Lizardfolk

As you head outside and prepare to head off in your separate ways Yarro, Kallak and Thony suddenly hear a strange commotion it sound like a kid when suddenly a kid barrels around the comer of the building screaming. As he's running past you see he's being chased by some large vermin the size of a small dog and they don't look happy. The boy runs past you and now you have 4 very large rats coming towards you.
    Your in a Fight!
    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

1. Kallak
    2. Yarro
    3. Rats
    4. Thony

Sarina will arrive at the battle in 3 turns

Map Here

13. - Top - End - #283

SamuraiGuy

Kallak quickly moves to meet the oncoming rats, unsheathing his greatsword at the same time. He steps in front of the rat closest to Yarro, and swings at it in a large overhand chop. He then looks at the other rats, ready to strike any that try to get by him.

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Kallak moves one square north, then one square northeast, to get between those rats and Yarro.

Yarro stands her ground, and swings out her crossbow. Seeing Kallak's sword apparently hit the rat in front of him (and having Kallak in the way of that group), Yarro turns to the other rats on her left (to the northwest), and looses a bolt at the rat in the lead of that group.

Edit: fixing my cardinal directions.
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-08-21 at 07:48 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Lizardfolk

Kallak's attack hit's true and he slices the rat into bloody chunks. Yarro's crossbow bolt however misses the mark and the rat hisses.
    The rats quite angry and not at all willing to put up with some adventurers attack them strike back. The one in front of Kallak rushes forward but misses as Kallak dodges. The one Yarro shot at races up to Thony but misses as well. Finally the rat in the back closes the distance between it and Kallak and bites him on the leg hard.
    Thony draws his rapier to handle the creature in front of him but misses as the rat dodges.

Kallak hit for 4 damage
    map here

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Expecting to dive today, Thony does not keep his musket loaded for just a short walk across the town. So he resorts to the rapier to handle the rodents. He attacks again and steps away to pose less of obstruction to ranged attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm, I'm wondering... do I have to declare Thony's actions before the rats go? If so, here are the actions for the next round:

Rapier (1d20+4)[7] for (1d6+2)[5]
    Step to SW

16. - Top - End - #286

SamuraiGuy

Kallak grunts as the rat bites him. He swings his greatsword at the rat to the north of him, trying to slice it in two.

Yarro curses under her breath, reloads and fires at the rat to the west of Kallak.

17. - Top - End - #287

Lizardfolk

Kallak swings his sword at the little creatures and misses the rats hiss back. Yarro fires at the little creature next to Kallak but again misses. The rats attacking Kallak don't have good luck either as he deftly avoids their bites. The same can not be said for Thony as the rat attacking him bites his leg. Thony tries to retaliate with a slice from his rapier but misses and he decides to take a step back from the creature.

Thony takes 2 damage
    Sarina will arrive after the next turn

18. - Top - End - #288

SamuraiGuy

As Kallak dodges the rats' attacks, he shifts his feat and the grip on his sword, and arcs his sword upward from the ground, trying to catch the same northward rat off guard.

Yarro shifts to her left (west) five feet as she reloads her crossbow. She aims, slowly exhaling as Kallak taught her as she squeezes the trigger, hoping to hit the rat to Kallak's left (west).

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony continues to fight the rat and retreat by a little. This does not go particularly well as he misses again.

By now, Sarina sees the action and toes her best to be in time to help.

20. - Top - End - #290

Lizardfolk

Kallak sword is hits true and another rat lays chopped in half. Yarro also aims true and nails the rat in the head killing the creature. Only the lone Rat attacking Thony remains. Thony and the little vermin trade blows but both can't hit the other. Sarina finally arrives at the battle.

The vermin surrounding Kallak are dead
    Map here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-08-26 at 07:52 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't wast your spells, we've almost got it!" Shouts Thony trying to stab the rat again and making way for others to shoot at it clearly. Sarina casts a spell than, but not one that would be so wasted, shooting a glob of acid straight at the rat.

22. - Top - End - #292

SamuraiGuy

Kallak moves towards the surviving rat (going east for 15' then southeast), and swipes down with his greatsword on the rat's (hopefully unsuspecting) back.

Yarro waits to see if the rat is still alive. If so, she steps 5' north, and takes aim with another crossbow bolt, and fires.

23. - Top - End - #293

Lizardfolk

Kallak runs around the distracted rat and brings down his greatsword on the creature. But this rat is quicker than the other ones and dodges the brunt of the attack wounded but still alive. However a quick bolt from Yarro quickly remedies that and the rat lies dead in the dirt.

The dead rats lay around the ground on the path outside of the church and the boy that you saw running from the creatures is no where to be seen. It's still early in the morning about ten so you still have time to prepare and explore before going into the caves.

Combat Finished!
    Everyone gets 140XP

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

"We should probably see where these rats came from. Maybe someone needs help in there. Kallak, can you follow back their tracks?" Says Sarina still somewhat worried. "Is everyone still fit to fight?"

25. - Top - End - #295

SamuraiGuy

Kallak nods to Sarina. "I got bit on the leg, but I'm fine. And with the rats and kid running I should be able to follow the tracks back, at least a ways." Kallak moves slowly to the north, taking his time to examine the ground carefully for tracks.

Spoiler: Edit: OOC
    Show
    Kallak is taking ten to track the rats, so the result of his Survival check is 17.

Yarro looks around. "Where is the child who was running from the rats? He may be able to tell us where the rats came from. I am going to try the church." Yarro goes back to the church to see if the boy sought refuge in it.
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-08-28 at 07:32 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Lizardfolk

Kallak is able to follow the tracks with little difficulty they lead back to a old house that from the looks of it has been unoccupied for some time. The house is a single story house with a number of windows and doors boarded up. Yarro goes and see's if she can find the kid but as you ask around about him the priests tell you they haven't seen a kid by that description.

Skill prompt
    Is there a way inside the house? Perception

27. - Top - End - #297

Lizardfolk

It doesn't take long to see a way into the house, a door on the side that had the boards ripped off and thrown in a pile. The door stand slightly open. The tracks start at the door quickly confirm that the boy and rats came from the house. Looking through the open space between door and frame you can tell that the house has been abandoned for awhile from what you can see. There is a stench in the air like a combination of rotting meat and garbage and you here a faint groan like someone in pain coming from inside.

28. - Top - End - #298

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks at the others, "Did you hear that? Someone else could be in there, hurt."

Yarro turns her head slightly and thinks. "Or it could easily be something worse, like something undead. But either way, we should not leave it for other children to stumble upon."

Kallak looks surprised, but then nods. "I'll go in first and look around." He slowly enters the house, trying to be stealthy.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony nods, loads his musket and has it ready, keeping distance from which he can either see or hear Kallak, but in any case quickly reach him. Sarina is a step behind.

30. - Top - End - #300

Lizardfolk

Thony and Kallak enter the decrepit house weapons drawn. In side it seems to be a living room the furniture that is left here is old and broken. The chair and table however look like they have broken down and collapsed recently. You also see a number of rat droppings around. The house is dark but you can still make out a hallway leading to the rest of the house. You also hear like something gnawing on wood from that direction.
    Map Here