New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

Kallak pauses as he looks around the room. Then he nods to Thorny and creeps forward to peer down the hallway.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony lets him go in, but is ready to follow.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kallak peers down the hall and sees a large dire rat. It seems to be preoccupied with chewing on the door trying to make an entrance. You here a groan and then suddenly a smashing sound of glass in the room it's trying to get into. "Scram rats You woun't bit megain" The rat seems unimpressed at the horse sounding yell and shattering bottle. The room beyond just down the hall from the rat has had it's door knocked down but whether from rats or old age you can't tell at a glance. The rat is chewing on the door but will soon notice Kallak.

Kallak has a surprise round
    Map Here

4. - Top - End - #304

SamuraiGuy

Kallak steps towards the rat, and in one motion unsheathes his greatsword and brings it down as hard as he can on the back of the unsuspecting rat.

5. - Top - End - #305

Lizardfolk

Kallaks swings but the overestimates the swing and it falls just short of the large rodent. However instead of fighting the rat runs off into the next room. You hear another groan from behind the door and a large belch.

Do you follow the rat or check on the moaning?
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-06 at 10:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306

SamuraiGuy

Kallak knocks loudly on the door and says, "Hello, do you need help in there?" He then nods to the door at Thorny and carefully follows the rat into the next room, prepared to skewer any rats that he sees.

7. - Top - End - #307

Lizardfolk

The group hears from the other side "Wha- Dam rats changen speaks you can can't come in you got no fingees Hah ha" Who ever on the other side sounds either very drunk or sick. The rat scurries into the other room which is a mess there seems to some sort of hole in the floor but there is so much junk it will take awhile to get over to it. The rat hisses at Kallak a warning to not come any closer.

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-07 at 06:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

SamuraiGuy

Kallak steps forward and lunges at the dire rat with his greatsword, hoping to chop its head off with one blow.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony follows Kallak along the corridor, stops just behind him, aims... "Sorry, man." *BANG* A musket shot goes past Kallak's lower body and into the floor just behind the rat. Nobody is hurt, but the experience is not pleasant to the ears by any measure. Sarina also follows, but not too close, so she remains not directly involved.

10. - Top - End - #310

Lizardfolk

Unfortunately Kallak's sword once again fails to find it's mark and the rat proves too nimble dodging out of the way. However before it can punish the interloper Thony fires his gun sending a piece of wood to an early grave and scaring the rat. It makes a hasty retreat down the hole. "WHA I WONT GO I WON"T uhhh *Belch* &*%^" Comes from the closed room.
    Map Here

11. - Top - End - #311

SamuraiGuy

Kallak swears, "By Abadar's balls, that is loud!...I'm not complaining, mind. I need to work on my swordsmanship. I can't even hit a rat when it isn't looking."

As Kallak contemplates the hole in the floor, Yarro approaches the closed door with the person(?) behind it. "Are you okay in there? The rats are gone, and I am coming inside!" she shouts. Then she tries to open the door.

12. - Top - End - #312

Lizardfolk

Yarro opens the door and is immediately assaulted by the smell of rotten flesh. The dark room is almost pitch black save for a few stray rays of light coming through a boarded up window. The room is small and is taken up by a bed and stack of clothes in the corner opposite of the door. On the Bed is a elf dressed in ragged clothing and apparently sick. He's covered in sweat and flies buzz around him, and the room. He half sits up calls out "Sundrea? Yoir not due yet. But medicine almost out."

Everyone that comes to the room make a Fort save vs Dc16. Failure is sickened for one minute.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh damn. You are in a bad shape, aren't you? Not Sundrea, but maybe we could be able to help." Thony enters the room despite the stench and is able to avoid vomiting, but it is still a very distracting experience. "Are you able to talk coherently?"

Sarina approaches the door, but does not yet enter. Not because it stinks (she could tolerate some discomfort to help a fellow person), but because she prefers to avoid everyone crowding in there.

14. - Top - End - #314

Lizardfolk

The elf just looks up groggily at Thony not seeming to really hear him before muttering "Need the stuff need..." He trails off and reaches down near the side of his bed seeming to be looking for something. Looking around you spy several bottles and what looks like a small keg of beer. However no obvious cause to the rotten meat can be seen but you do see a few maggots crawling along the ground. The room is utterly revolting.

Skill prompt
    What is he sick with? Heal check Dc15
    Try and get his attention and talk to him DC20
    Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-11 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Adding Map

15. - Top - End - #315

SamuraiGuy

Yarro also enters the room to try to help the man. If she is not sickened, she asks, "What do you need? What is in these bottles, friend?" as she tries to examine him and figure out what is wrong.

Kallak keeps an eye on the hole, guarding the group from more rats. He looks down the hall, and says quietly, "Sarina, there is another door at the end of the hall, if you want to check it out."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't think the rats will open that door and swarm into the corridor. We must help this elf." Sarina enters the room and is quickly overcove by the stench therein. She has to wait until she's sure she won't lose control of her stomach. Meanwhile Thony tries to asses the elf's condition. He has no idea. He gives way to Sarina, who has one...

17. - Top - End - #317

Lizardfolk

Yarro and Thony are able to keep the smell from getting to them, but Sarina feels sick inside the room. Yarro's questions to the sick elf don't get any response he simply keeps looking for something in trash next to his bed. He mumbles "Vile Vial" before grabbing a vial filled with some sort of blackish looking liquid. Sarina can tell the elf is suffering from both Filth Fever and alcohol intoxication. The elf looks at the vial but your not sure if he's actually looking at it. He moves the bed cover off of his left leg and and you see the source of the smell a horribly infected wound on his leg that has been crudely bandaged up. He unstops the vial your not sure if he intends to drink it or apply it to his wound but you have a chance to stop him if you want.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-12 at 08:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

"Whoa! Not so fast!" exclaims Thony getting ready to wrest the vial from the elf if he would try to use it. "Don't you try to use it, good sir," intervenes Sarina "especially if you are not sure what it does. Let me examine the potion."

19. - Top - End - #319

Lizardfolk

Thony easily takes the vial out of the elf's hands he barely puts up any resistance as you take it. Sarina is able to get his attention for a moment. "What... what potion?" he looks down at his hands and then back at Sarina "Are you a gaurd? I don't feel like my sorf" The elf looks back down at his hands opening and closing them. Your not sure you'll get any sort of information while he's like this.

Will you try and take him back to the church or leave him?
    Skill prompt: Identify the vial's contents Craft alchemy DC15
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-13 at 07:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

SamuraiGuy

Yarro fingers her cure light wounds extract, wishing she could apply it to someone else. When she sees Thorny take the vial, she says eagerly, "Can I see that? It make help to know what it is." She examines the vial closely and sniffs it.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think he was bitten by a rat." speculates Sarina "The wound was not properly cleaned and he had no other care. We can fix it, I think this disease would yield to treatment easily, but the recovery will take days and he does not seem to be in his right mind, so that's the problem."
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-09-13 at 09:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Lizardfolk

Yarro takes a whiff of the strange vial and smells...Cookies and fresh cut plants? She takes another wiff and it's burning metal and sulfur. Yarro also notices that it's bubbling.She moves next to the few stray beams of light in the room and see it has an oily sheen like rainbow across the liquid. No doubt its the fluid the dwarves had told them about "The Drippings"

Thony knows that taking the elf to the church won't cost them any gold the church will be able to take care of the elf until he is well enough to work off or pay off the debt. Twenty five gold pieces should be able to pay off any non magical healing he might receive.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think we can just take him to the church, they should heal people on credit. Should be no more than two dozen gold overall, either paid by someone some time, or worked by the patient." Having said that like it settles the issue, Thony goes to check the last room.

24. - Top - End - #324

SamuraiGuy

Yarro backs away a little from the elf, while she is still holding the bottle. She shakes her head, and says, "This is that stuff from the torch that sickened that dwarf. I don't think he did himself any favors drinking this, or putting it on his wound. I agree, Thorny, we should get him to the church."

Kallak calls from the next room, still keeping an eye on the rat hole, "Did I hear that right? We need to carry someone back to the church? Just let me know when we are leaving." He mutters, "It can't be too soon for me. This place stinks."

25. - Top - End - #325

Lizardfolk

Thony finds the last door in the house open to a larger empty room. It looks like that not even the rats have been in here as there is only dust. Two people will need to carry the elf out of the house if you want to bring him back to the church.

Skill prompt
    Strength check by two people DC15 three times. You can retry if you fail.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-09-15 at 07:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326

Lizardfolk

It takes awhile to get the elf to the church. His wounds and general helplessness doesn't help you coordinate and it takes you over half an hour to get him back to the church. You see Otto coming out and seeing the elf gets the other members of the church to help you bring him in. As they are bring him in Joram Kyte comes out and ask you "He's in pretty rough shape where did you find him?"

27. - Top - End - #327

SamuraiGuy

Kallak answers, though he is still a little out of breath. "He was in that decrepit, old house over that way," and he points the way back to where it is. "I had no idea it was infested with dire rats, but there is a hole they are coming out of. The mayor may want to knock it down, or at least fill up the hole."

Yarro then tells Joram of the elf's injuries. "He has an infected bite on his leg, but I think he has also been drinking that drippings from the torch, like you dwarven patient."

28. - Top - End - #328

Lizardfolk

"I'll bring it up at the next meeting for now Ill send one of the acolytes to board up the house. Thank you for bring him most people would have just left him there. I'll see that he is back on his feet soon enough. Though I worry if more people are trying the Drippins we may soon have a addiction crisis or Dealers may come looking to capitalize on the torch's absence." He reaches into his pocket and hands Kallak a small cure potion "a token of my thanks I better see to my new patient and tell me when your ready to leave for the caves I'll be ready."

You got a Cure light wounds potion!
    Every one gets 100XP

29. - Top - End - #329

SamuraiGuy

Kallak smiles and says to Joram, "Thanks. We still have to stop a few places, but we should be ready soon." he then turns to the others, "Ready to go to the Guild House and look into some quality weapons?"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony srugs. "Well, Bazlundi wrote about making those weapons, not having them in stock. I think we can place our orders, but I'd rather be back with Khonnir before I do that. It won't be made in time for today's trip, for one. Might be worth checking if you don't have fancy expectations. I do." Thony shakes his musket a little to underline what he means.