New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

"We'd also like to clarify on that offer. You see, I use firearms, so I, of course, would want a better firearm. And these are normally expensive, so I am not really sure whether they were kept in mind when making this offer and what other restrictions would apply." Explains Thony his situation. Sarina than adds her own take on this. "And I don't use weapons at all, so I would ask if your offer is transferable or adjustable. That is, if we could have a chain shirt for Thony, or some more exotic ammunition instead of getting a weapon for me."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"The weapons were to be custom made. So I would be making them my self. However my craftsmanship lies in the blade and hammer not firearms. So I will not be able to craft a firearm for you but if you would be willing to wait I will be able to make that chainmail for you." Vedan gets out a piece of parchment and starts writing down the order. Then asks with a hint of teasing melodrama "So Yarro and Kallak it's odd not seeing you hang out with Val. Will you two also be passing on a new weapon and leave me ashamed that I couldn't even reward you properly?"
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-10-07 at 05:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kallak grins. "Yeah, well, someone has to mind the bar while we are exploring the underground."

"Yes, and she does not want to see what we may find down there," Yarro adds.

Kallak winces a little. "Um, anyway, we would gladly take you up on your offer, Veden. Is a custom greatsword too much to ask?"

Yarro quickly follows up with, "And I would like a better crossbow. A light crossbow. But you mentioned blades. If a crossbow is not available, I would take a dagger."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony makes sure it is understood that he is not placing an order right now, and neither does Sarina. If Vedan has nothing in stock, the decision about what to order will be made when there is less urgency and will take into account any applicable changes of the circumstances.

5. - Top - End - #365

Lizardfolk

"One great sword and I can do a crossbow. A light crossbow."
    At Thony's request he gives him a puzzled look. "So you don't want me to start of the chainmail right now? That's a bit of an odd request. But if you wish to over see it's construction I'll hold off on starting it."
    "So that is everything in total. one greatsword, one light crossbow, and a suit of chainmail."Relizing that only three orders have been listed he looks over at Sarina "Are you sure you don't want anything? Also do you all want me to hold off on construction until later?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not right now." Confirms Thony. "It won't be ready for our today's trip and by the evening we might be dead, rich, or what not. Meanwhile you'll have your hands full with two other orders, so it's not like I lose anything by simply delaying. Might want to switch to mithral if we hit a reward, so we'll see how it goes."

"I use no weapons or armor." Explains Sarina. "Can you make adamantine bullets? They should be simple enough and Thony can give you a sample bullet to measure, but if it is impossible to do without the Torch, then I don't know. Nothing for myself anyway, that's for sure."

7. - Top - End - #367

Lizardfolk

Vedan chuckles" Adamantine and mithral. So where are you gonna get the money for it or did you discover some hidden vein in the mountain? That stuff is tied up either with traders or the league. We work with it I make no argument there but we don't have piles of the stuff laying around to do whatever we want with. Besides the torch is down can't do anything with out it so we're behind schedule it would take us a least a month or two before you could even place an order for that sort of product. So nothing for the lady and you want to wait until whenever you want me to start making your chainmail. Alright I can start work today but Kallak and Yarro do you have any designs you want me to incorporate or anything?"
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-10-09 at 07:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony explains: "We gonna get the bounty. I mean, if the Torch would be relit, then someone will get that bounty, but the competition does not seem too intense, to say the least, so the only tricky part at the moment is not sharing the fate of the previous teams. As I have said, we'll have to see how it goes. Money aside, I have to admit I've not considered the question of availability."

Sarina confirms she has no need for any weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we done here or still in need of trade goods?

As for the distribution of the equipment. I think Kallak should carry the wand and hand over the CLW potion (to Sarina, who currently has none). Also, Thony would like to have a brown access card on his person and maybe we should deposit two of them with the priest, just in case they are important and we're not coming back.

9. - Top - End - #369

SamuraiGuy

Kallak pauses a beat and looks at Yarro before responding, "No, I can't think of any designs. Thank you for asking, though, Vedan."

Yarro says to Kallak, "Are you sure, Kallak? He could incorporate you father's mark?"

Kallak smiles and shakes his head, "No, it is fine." He explains to the others, "My father was a smith, and used to put his mark on his items. As I am sure you do, Vedan. I would not ask you to put another smith's mark on your quality work. Just make it sturdy and fine, and I will be happy."

Kallak and Yarro both thank Vedan again. Yarro says to Thorny and Sarina, "I think we are ready to go down again. So I believe we should go to Joram and get his waterbreathing spell again."

10. - Top - End - #370

Lizardfolk

With everything bought and squared away the group makes its way back over to the church. Joram is ready to go and it doesn't take long for you to reach the lake and entrance to the caves.
    The time is 12:15Pm as you enter the caves.
    Crawling up you see that the bodies of the beetles are still there illuminating this cave.

Everyone needs to make a Fortitude check DC 11 vs poison

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Having less problems with the foul water this time, Sarina begins drying everything as soon as she's out of it. She begins with Thony's musket while Thony himself takes a good look at the surroundings. When the musket is dry, Sarina continues to dry the clothing while Thony gets his weapon loaded. After that, they are ready to go.

12. - Top - End - #372

Lizardfolk

The team is well off and quickly shake off any lingering queasiness from the water. It should be a straight shot the humanoids camp and the Wall. If you hurry it only takes 15 minuets to get to the camp. As you travel the stone caves you suddenly hear behind you "I see you return" the voice belongs to the one called Luepel the one you meet at the fungus cave. "Sef is waiting for trade if you have any and you are free to pass in to Wall"
    Do you want to meet Sef or do you want to go straight to the Wall?
    Copy of the full caves map Here(Not made by me)

13. - Top - End - #373

SamuraiGuy

Yarro responds, "Yes, we have items to trade. Bedding and clothing, as requested. Please take us to Sef."

14. - Top - End - #374

Lizardfolk

Luepel nods and guides to Sef's hut. Where Sef has laid out the spoils from their fight with the Ropefist goons. Sef looks over at you and calls out " So you did show up. I hope you brough enough to trade."
    Spoiler: Items Sef has laid out for trade
    Show

three suits of studded leather armor
    a masterwork buckler
    a short bow with 11 arrows,
    a rapier,
    two short swords
    a masterwork sap
    two potions of cure moderate wounds
    a sunrod
    two sets of masterwork thieves’ tools
    a scroll of shield
    a scroll of identify

15. - Top - End - #375

SamuraiGuy

Yarro smiles, and answers, "Yes, we brought clothing and bedding, as you requested. Hopefully enough for four of you. What would it take to get one of those two sets of tools you have?" She points to the masterwork thieves' tools.

Spoiler: Edit:OOC
    Show
    Made a Diplomacy check, just in case.
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-10-16 at 07:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Lizardfolk

Sef looks over the items. She seems frustrated as you see a frown creep into her features. She thinks it over a bit and tells you "This is pretty cheap stuff. I appreciate yo doing this for us but at this rate your practically robbing us. But seeing as no one else seems to be coming down here your our only suppliers. How about this I'll let you take those tools over there plus something else your choice for what you brought today. you keep bring us stuff we need and you can pick out stuff here. Also if you fond anything inside I have this stuff from those people." She picks up a bag near her and shows you the contents, gold coins.

Sef seems willing to negotiate: If you have a request roll a diplomacy check.

17. - Top - End - #377

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks a little troubled at Sef's response. "Hmmm, didn't mean to be cheap. There are only four of you, right? We thought the clothing and bedding would be the most important to you."

Yarro cuts in, "We accept your offer. We will take the tools and this scroll, here." She picks up the scroll of identify. "There are some other items here we may be able to use. What do you need the most, for next time?"

18. - Top - End - #378

Lizardfolk

Sef tells Kallak " We appreciate the items but compared to what we're trading for it we are getting the short end of this stick. But if it means getting more in the future we'll accept the losses not much we can do otherwise we can't eat steel blades and leather tastes terrible.'
    Sef's answer to Yarro is "We'll see if you come back fist but if you see anything technology related that you can spare I would like to study it. I'll tell you the others wants when you come back.

19. - Top - End - #379

SamuraiGuy

Yarro nods at Sef. "We will see you on our way back, then." She places the masterwork tools in her pouch, and hands the identify scroll to Sarina.

Kallak says to the others, "Well, I guess we should open that metal door, then."

20. - Top - End - #380

Lizardfolk

Before you go Sef speaks up " Recently some sort of iron creature has awoken near the front be careful" She then hands you a piece of paper with a crude map written on it. "Before the dangers were known a few scouts wandered beyond the steel wall they drew a crude map of what they saw maybe it will help you"
    Map here
    Stuff in parenthesis seems to be Sef writing the words in common. If you ask her about it she confirms it.

21. - Top - End - #381

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks at the map a bit, and frowns. "So this map on the left is a close up of the metal door, and a little of what is beyond it? But this bigger map on the right, is that the caves we are in now, Sef? I don't understand this thing in the middle - what does this mountain mean?""

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony takes a good look at the map. He does not quite get it as it seems way too spacious for what he came to expect. Still, they'll have to deal with it one way or another, so, having examined the map, he's good to go.

23. - Top - End - #383

Lizardfolk

"The scouts we're not known for their artistic skill. But they reported that after the rooms here" Sef points to the left picture. "It opens up to a natural corridor or valley or whatever and leads into this cavern" She gestures to the other larger picture "it's a place filled with sand and from their reports undead roam the area. Large skeletons. Where the other groups go I don't know. I've only entered the first area."

If everyone is done talking to Sef your group heads over to the Metal Wall that so many other teams have entered but so far have not returned from. Looking into the door way you see it opens into some sort of hallway. The walls, floor and ceiling of this slightly curved hallway are made of smooth dark gray metal. Panels of lighter material run along the ceiling eight feet above. To the north and south the tunnel is blocked by walls of metal junk and rubble, while a open doorway on the other side of the hall way leads further into the strange ruins.

Map here

24. - Top - End - #384

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks to the blocked halls to either side, and then at the big metal doors in front of them. He says to the others, "I'll go first, and try to quietly open those doors." He smiles. "Wish me luck."
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-10-21 at 08:25 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385

Lizardfolk

Kallak heads in to the hallway and into the door way on the other side lifting his lantern the light falls on a familiar and dangerous form. Standing before you at the back of a short hall is another repair drone much like the one back at the inn it looks at Kallak with a single glowing eye but remains silent. Unlike the one back at the Inn this one seems fully operational. The door behind it is open and seems to lead into some sort of room you can see a few cages long rusted and occupants dead on the floor. The robot does not appear to be actively hostile but it does watch you.

Map Here

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony has the musket ready, but thinks that he could as well try some diplomacy firs, given that the bot seems to be non-aggressive.

Spoiler: Androffan
    Show
    "Are you entitled to communicate, robot? We've come here to make repairs. Let us pass."

27. - Top - End - #387

SamuraiGuy

Kallak quizzically looks back at Thony, then back at the repair bot to gauge its reaction. If necessary, Kallak will step up and talk to the robot for a minute to try to get it to stand down and let the group pass. Like Thony, Kallak does not have a weapon out, but is prepared to pull one, just in case.

Yarro hears Thony, rests her hands on her bomb supplies.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kallak will use his Reprogram (wild empathy) ability to improve the attitude of the robot, if he thinks it will help. I will roll for all this, just in case.

28. - Top - End - #388

Lizardfolk

The bot looks over at Thony listening to the human talking to it. Only Thony and Kallak understand it's response. "Communication allowed. Warning to all Staff and guests the immediate area is in heavy disrepair. You are asked to vacate the area and to not interfere with repairs. Failure to heed will result in possible injury and security will be initiated. Repairs to be completed in 9999999999 years. Thank you" Kallak's reprogram attempt is also unsuccessful getting a rude beep from the robot and it fix's it's gaze on Kallak. Despite this the robot doesn't move to attack.

29. - Top - End - #389

SamuraiGuy

Yarro steps up next to Thony. She holds up the brown access card and says loudly to the robot in Androffan, "We have authorization to be here. Here is our access card. As we said before, we are here to help with repairs."

Kallak nods and takes a step closer to the robot.

30. - Top - End - #390

Lizardfolk

The robot looks over at Yarro and focuses on the card before giving a buzzer sound. "Access card is of guest level. All guests please exit the area. Please do not interfere with repairs. If access via normal route is unavailable please have a crewmember lead you through the area."

The robot seems unwilling to accept you as a crewmember but it doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make you leave. Do you want to try going past it?