New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

Thony has no idea what this creature is, but neither he cares too much. He loads a new paper cartridge, shoots and misses. Sarina finally gets too frustrated by the group's ongoing lack of success and shouts "Give me a second! I'll get it, I'll get it!". Then she casts a spell and a thick layer of grease appears on the ground under the creature, extending outwards, but not under Kallak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hoping Kallak would either delay or ready so that the grease goes before his next attack. Reflex DC 17 or fall down.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yarro frowns slightly and reloads her crossbow. She aims down the bolt and again fires at the creature.

Kallak hears Sarina, and focuses on defending himself until whatever Sarina has planned goes off. Once he sees her spell, he attacks the creature (whether it is on the ground or not).

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The creature's speed and ferocity are brutal as it dodges the attacks. Yarro's crossbow bolt lands but instead of piercing it's flesh it bounces off and the creature carries on not even reacting to the attack. Sarina's magic grease doesn't seem to affect it as it perfectly retains it's balance in the muck. Still it looks over at Sarina and decides to send her a message.
    He draws a javelin from his back and targets Sarina. The attack hit's Sarina hard but she is still standing.

Kallak get's a AoO against the creature
    Sarina is hit for 10 Damage

No has moved yet so same map.

Spoiler: New initiative
    Show

Monster
    Yarro
    Thony
    Sarina
    Kallak

4. - Top - End - #484

SamuraiGuy

While the creature is focused on throwing the javelin, Kallak tries to interrupt him and slice one of his many arms off.

Yarro yells in Hallit, "Kallak, get back!" She then prepares her last bomb, and waits to throw it until Kallak is able to step back.

Kallak hears Yarro, takes a parting slice at the creature, and steps 5' back. Yarro then throws her bomb.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony reloads and shoots at the creature's torso. He hits noticeably off-center, so expects only limited damage. Sarina casts another spell, this time without any announcement, and takes cover behind Kallak's back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Daze DC 16 if it works at all.

6. - Top - End - #486

Lizardfolk

While the creature is focused on throwing the javelin, Kallak tries to interrupt him and slice one of his many arms off.
    The creature easily dodges the attack and Kallak only hit's air.
    Yarro yells in Hallit, "Kallak, get back!" She then prepares her last bomb, and waits to throw it until Kallak is able to step back.
    Thony reloads and shoots at the creature's torso. He hits noticeably off-center, so expects only limited damage.
    Thony's shot hit's the creature square in the chest but the bullet fails to penetrate the creatures tough hide and the bullet falls to the floor not even damaging the creature.
    Sarina casts another spell, this time without any announcement, and takes cover behind Kallak's back.
    The blinding flashing of lights doesn't even affect the creature and it continues the fight.
    Kallak hears Yarro, takes a parting slice at the creature, and steps 5' back. Yarro then throws her bomb.
    Kallak's attack while powerful is diverted by the creature's sword and it only hits the ground. He backs up and Yarro's throws he bomb but it dosn't hit the creature going over it is only sprayed with a mist of the chemicals as it breaks. The creature quickly moves and is only finely dusted with the acidic components only eating small holes in it's flesh.
    The Creature moves up and takes a brutal slash at Kallak this time his armor would not save him. He takes a laceration and is looking pretty bloody.

Combat quick recap.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kallak misses his AoO
    Thony's attack hit's but does not overcome the creatures DR
    Sarina's spell color spray does not affect the creature because of type.
    Kallak attack misses and he moves 5 feet back.
    Yarro attack misses and the creature makes the saving throw for half damage. Yarro deals 2 damage
    The monster moves makes his save vs the grease and hits Kallak for 8 damage.

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-12-23 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added map

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony reloads, shoots, observes the effect and shouts "We have to be out of here, I cannot seem to damage this thing!". Sarina dismisses the grease. By this moment she seems pretty much terrified.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Musket: (1d20+5)[21] touch for (1d12+2)[4] B and P
    Deja vu all over again...
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-12-26 at 11:14 AM.

8. - Top - End - #488

SamuraiGuy

Kallak shouts, "Agreed! Go for the door and I can try to cover you all." Kallak then moves so he is between the creature and the table, and takes a defensive stance with his greatsword. He winces, slightly favoring his left side where the creature last hit him.

And about the same time, Yarro drinks her last extract, which does not have any visible effect. She then moves south, across the table and towards the door, waiting for someone else with a key card to open the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kallak does take the total defense action, so his AC will be 22 next round. Yarro cast shield, so her AC is also 22 for 1 minute (or maybe 2 minutes, since she is second level).

9. - Top - End - #489

Lizardfolk

Thony fires at the creature but it's the same no damage and the bullet is discharged from the creatures flesh and it falls to the floor. Sarina dismisses the grease Both are starting realize how dangerous this fight is. Kallak braces for the creatures assault and Yarro drinks her shield extract vaulting over the table rushing towards the door and waiting for someone to open it.
    The creature decides to instill hopelessness into Kallak. It lets some of it's own black blood from the acid burns Yarro had made drip on it's sword and attempts to sling them into Kallak's eyes. It succeeds and the black ichor blinds Kallak.

Kallak get's a AoO from the dirty trick.
    The creature used a dirty tick and Blinded Kallak for 1 round.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

Monster
    Thony
    Sarina
    Kallak
    Yarro

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-12-28 at 01:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yarro, the door!" Thony shouts getting ready to speed over the table and out of the room. Sarina gets ready to follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thony and Sarina delay until the door is opened (or something). If the door is opened, they both hurry over the table along the eastern side of the room and out. Thony starts SE S. Sarina starts SE SE. Then all the way south, then one step west. Thony stops there waiting for Sarina, who moves a step south past him (and continues on the next round). I think I got the distances right, assuming the square to the east of Kallak is not difficult to enter moring southwards.

This sorta abandons Kallak, but he probably can just move at half speed following Yarro's voice and maybe getting AoOed.

11. - Top - End - #491

SamuraiGuy

Yarro shouts back to Thorny, "I don't have a key card! Can one of you two open the door? Then cover the reader with anything that would stop it from opening?"

Kallak interjects, "Damn, I can't see." And he takes an involuntary step back, waving his sword vainly to try to defend himself.

Seeing Kallak's sitaution, Yarro steels her courage and charges the creature with her dagger, trusting to her shield spell to protect her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kallak moves 5' south, trying to wipe his eyes and defend himself. Yarro moves up to take the spot Kallak vacated, and attacks (defensively) with her dagger. So her AC will be 22.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony hurries towards the door, drawing the card. Sarina, not thinking of anything better to do, just follows him closely.

13. - Top - End - #493

Lizardfolk

Thony and Sarina vault over the high tech table and open the door while Kallak stagers back wiping the Ichor from his eyes. Yarro leaps to her friend's defense and stands between Kallak and the creature. She swipes defensively at it but it dodges her strike. With new prey the creature unleashes a flurry of blows against Yarro but her extract and defensive posture allows her to avoid and parry the blows. Thony is able to open the door.

The door is now open
    Kallak used his standard action to wipe the sludge out of his eyes and is no longer blind

Map Here

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina and Thony rush through the door, intending to go nonstop towards the next one and open it in time for everyone to pass.

15. - Top - End - #495

SamuraiGuy

Kallak pulls a flask of oil from the dungeoneering kit in his backpack, but then realizes he does not have time to use it on the card reader before the door closes. Flask in hand, he runs through the open door, and then stops and shouts to Yarro, "Come on, the door is going to close!"

Yarro withdraws from the creature and backs up through the door, stopping just on the other side, blocking the entrance. "I'm going to hold it off until the door closes."

Kallak sighs, "Okay, but as soon as that door shuts, then we run."

Yarro makes one quick nod of her head.

16. - Top - End - #496

Lizardfolk

Everyone runs out the door The creature says something a curse probably, and takes a parting shot at Yarro as the door closes. The attack however is deflected by the spell. Still with nothing preventing the card reader from reading the card you only have a limited amount of time to run.

The time is 2PM

Immediate Map Here
    Underground Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-12-30 at 05:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497

SamuraiGuy

Kallak and Yarro run to catch up to Thony and Sarina at the next door. Kallak's plan is to spend an action smearing half of the lantern oil on the reader to try to slow down the creature, then continue on.

If it appears to work, Kallak will try it again with the next one. If it doesn't, he will smash the remains of the oil on the floor and ask Sarina to light it on fire. Either way, they will move as quickly as possible to escape.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Neither Sarina nor Thony have a ready way to start a fire. Thony could try to use his flintlock musket, if he would to reload it, but does not have the intent. Instead, he urges everyone to get to the far end of the desert and, from there, take a look back.

19. - Top - End - #499

Lizardfolk

Thony and Sarina advocates to just run. Kallak takes his moment to put oil on the card reader and he and Yarro pull out the torch door stops. Just as your hearing a Woosh from down the hall the doors close It will be awhile until they can be opened.
    As you run outside the empty dark desert has transformed. The "Sky" has turned a light red and gray clouds can be occasionally seen A blood red sun is now beating down over the desert. You feel the hot breeze blow through the valley and start to sweat as the air's temperature has increased dramatically. The area now appears as a true desert.

If you run back to the entrance make a fortitude save vs Dc15
    You've successfully reactivated an ancient piece of Tech and because of Thony and Kallak having Numerian archaeologist everyone get 150Xp"

20. - Top - End - #500

Lizardfolk

You all run following the path across the desert. The heat, fear and injuries take a toll on some of you. You arrive at the other side the entrance leading back to the caverns in front of you. Looking back you don't see the creature chasing after you. You head inside the alcove that leads to the entrance but find the doors are now closed. The small panel next to the door has a small light now. It's green.
    Thony and Kallak take 1 nonlethal damage from running in the hot desert.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony takes a moment to breathe. While at it, he tries to consider further actions. "So, what's the plan now? We can wait here for a bit, then try the north-east, if we are feeling adventurous. Or we can just go back and prepare for next trip, but that will likely still lead us north-east as I do not see how we can deal with the buddy we've found."

"I am down to my last spell, but if we are prepared to run again when we have to, I would not mind giving it a try." Sarina, even if she does agree, does not seem too enthusiastic.

22. - Top - End - #502

SamuraiGuy

Kallak winces and shakes his head, holding his side. "I'm not doing well. I guess I could use the wand, but don't we want to save it? This does not feel like an emergency."

Yarro quickly adds, "Like Sarina, I am out of extracts. It pains me to say it, but we should leave now and regroup. Try to think of some way to defeat that thing."

Kallak nods, then looks around. "Yeah, and are the rest of you seeing this? Why is the sun red, and did we somehow blow a hole in the roof of this cavern?"

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony looks at the sun, then responds. "I rather think it's artifical. I've read to the effect on the machines we have turned on. I don't know what it'll do long-term, but don't think we still have any choice regarding the matter."

24. - Top - End - #504

SamuraiGuy

Kallak squints at the red sun, then shrugs,"Maybe this turned on the Torch? Come on, let's get out of here." Holding his side and limping a little, he starts walking towards the cave entrance.

"So the door is working?" Yarro asks, looking at the small green light. "Green is good, right? Though it is wise not to take chances. Kallak, please keep a watch for that four-armed creature while I inspect the door."

Kallak nods and hands Yarro her brown key card. He keeps an eye on their back trail through the desert, while Yarro inspects the door. If Yarro does not find any traps, she uses the key card on the door panel.

25. - Top - End - #505

Lizardfolk

Yarro quickly determines that no traps are around and opens the door. The small room that you entered the desret fome has changed. When you left it was pitch black and required the lantern but now the power seems to have ben restored to this part of the ship illuminating the room. The two machines are humming softly unlike the others you've encountered. Near the machines a small panel is now activated currently with a red light and on the other side of the room the door you forced open in again closed. Yarro and the group know their are no pressure plates or trip lines and enter the room. When the doors close behind you the panel by the machines turns green.

Do you want to activate/investigate the machines? or leave the room?

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think it thinks it can now spray us with something. I'd rather not be sprayed. Might be bad for the health. Let's get outside, shall we?" Thony takes his card and leads the way out.

27. - Top - End - #507

SamuraiGuy

Yarro seems about to respond to Thony, but then looks at Kallak practically limping, and nods. "OKay. I would like to spend a little time looking at these machines, now that they are working. But we can do that upon our return."

She and Kallak follow Thony out.

28. - Top - End - #508

Lizardfolk

Exiting the room you find the rest of the entrance you came in has become powered. The carcasses of the robot and the myriad of cages are still here but you can see them a lot better now that you have light. As you exit the ship into the caves one of the creatures appears, its one of the males, "Wasn't expecting to see you. Thought they were just setting me up to waste my time. Sef will want to see you."

Do you want to go see Sef? or leave the caverns?

29. - Top - End - #509

SamuraiGuy

Kallak nods to the humanoid. "Sure, we can see Sef." He says as an aside to the others, "No point antagonizing them, right?"

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony nods. He has no objections, neither does Sarina.