New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

He takes you through the tunnels over to Sef's hut. Sef herself is sorting what appears to be a new pile of garbage that she hauled from the Gremlins hideout. She hears your approach and says without turning around "Brath. I don't care. Keep an eye on the entrance I don't care if it's boring I want to know if those topsiders come out."
    "They did." He responds with a slight grin
    "What?" She turns around finally seeing your group, "So you returned. I gotta say I'm surprised. With no one coming back I was sure you met the same fate."
    Brath looks surprised and raises his voice " You wrote em off?! Then why did you make me keep watch?!"
    "(Sigh)Because Brath you complain when ever you have to work harder than standing around now either go help Luepel or Yadriss I need to talk to them"
    Brath sneers and walks off. Without her subordinate around Sef addresses your group.
    "So what happened? We haven't sent scouts in there for awhile and with so many groups disappearing into thin air I thought something must be killing those groups. What did you see?"
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-01-14 at 09:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

"Some four-armed types. Skeletons and not-so-skeletons. Had to run to avoid getting killed, so be careful sending anyone in there. Also some machines which are now powered up. I am amazed how this stuff still works, actually. We will be back, but I am not quite sure how we are to handle it without sharing the fate of the previous teams." Apparently, Thony prefers not to go into the details about the encounters. "We seem to have done something to the desert. Can you observe it and tell us what you see next time we are back?"

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kallak listens to Thony's description and Sarina's question, and then adds, "Yeah, you may want to post a lookout for yourselves, too. Watch out for anything with four arms, it is dangerous."

4. - Top - End - #514

Lizardfolk

Sef looks at Sarina when she speaks about changing the desert slightly confused "What do you mean you "changed" the desert? and not skeletons? Did you wake up some Vampire or Ghoul?" Sef is looking very worried. "Start talking I can't just send a scout into there if they have to start worrying about vampires or acid raining from the ceiling."

5. - Top - End - #515

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks at the others, then coughs and steps in. "We destroyed the skeletons, Sef. But then we found something like a ghoul, but fast. I don't know what it was, exactly, but the thing is tough. The point is to stay away from anything with four arms. But you can see things coming from a long way off in the desert now, because, well...the desert is lit, now, by something that looks like a red sun. It looks like daylight in there, now. Except red." He finishes, a little lamely.

6. - Top - End - #516

Lizardfolk

Sef rubs her forehead trying to quell the headache she knows will come from your actions "Fine I'll send a pair of scouts in and have them take a look around but if you woke something seriously dangerous in their you'll have to deal with it. Your free to go."
    Before you even turned to leave however she stops you "...Wait. I also have a list from the others they heard me talking about trading with you and I don't go back on my word. So here" She hands a faded piece of paper to you with a list of items written in a green ink.

Sef Working Tech
    Luepel book on alchemy
    Brath An exotic weapon
    Yadriss Planter box for mushrooms

7. - Top - End - #517

SamuraiGuy

Kallak quirks an eyebrow at the list, but nods. "Sure, Sef, we can get these things."

Yarro adds, "And we will be back to figure out what is going on."

They then head back up to the surface.

8. - Top - End - #518

Lizardfolk

You trip back up to the surface is uneventful. After shaking off the sickness from the water of the lake and heading back you find it's about 3:30Pm you still have time to explore the town or do things before you need to rest up.

You have the invitation from Garmen to meet him at the Silver Disk hall if you want to meet him.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Being back in town. Thony starts to plan for next trip. "I'll need either a day or some money to restock paper cartridges I have expended. I have only two left and with those spent will have to spend more time between shots to reload. Shall we go to the market? We can identify and appraise the tech we have found and maybe sell some of it or choose to bring it back to Sef." "I don't know how to fight that monster, Thony. And I don't know what would help if we meet more of its kind. Maybe we can throw something at it... alchemist's fire or such, but it is not easy to hit and getting a number of those would be costly." "Well, hopefully there would be no such guy in the other passage and we have just proven that running fast works, but yes, I agree there's a problem."

Spoiler
    Show
    We technically have some tech and 5 exotic weapons (or prototypes thereof), so will need only mushrooms and a book on alchemy, I think, unless we deem some of those inappropriate.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-01-26 at 12:43 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520

SamuraiGuy

Kallak spits and winces. "Well, there's time to get this stuff for Sef. And I'm interested in going and seeing Garmen tonight. But I should probably get patched up first."

Yarro responds, "I could make some healing extracts in the morning for you. But we also might want to save them if, likely when, we have to face that four-armed creature again."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony shrugs. "Well, no problem with me. Let's go to the cleric and see how much he would charge."

12. - Top - End - #522

Lizardfolk

On your way over to the chapel you pass by the Crow Feather Palaceand coming out of the palace is Joram you see him talking with a woman before leaving and he spots you. He walks up and begins chatting with you as the group walks toward the temple. "Surprised to see you here I thought you would still be down in the cavern system. Did something happen?"
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-01-27 at 02:13 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony stops to respond. "We basically got chased away by a superior enemy. One four-armed guy we had trouble hitting, damaging, and affecting with spells. I'm not sure how we are to deal with him next time we are there, maybe we'll think of something, maybe we won't. At least there seems to be another passage we haven't checked, but we are not sure it leads where we want."

14. - Top - End - #524

Lizardfolk

Joram listens to Thony talk as he walks with the group "Well you made the right decision to retreat no shame in that. You cant get paid if your dead now can you. Now this large individual can you describe him, I might be able to offer some in sight." He pauses for a moment and then adresses Sarina "Dear miss Sarina was it? I was talking to Bazlundi and she said that you declined a gift from her husband. I mentioned that your group was interested in speaking to the late Gerrol. She has decide to give you permission to talk with him and cover the cost of the ritual as an alternative gift. Is the group still interested in that?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

"I wouldn't say he was particularly large, just more... capable? Some gaunt yellow skinned guy, not really armored, just some rags and red cape. A strange head, but otherwise humanoid. He had four arms - two with two swords and two he used bare-handed, but hey, we thought, just one guy and we've killed a bunch of four-armed skeletons just before we met him, no problem at all... well it turned out not so easy. First, he spoke a language no one of us could understand and overall was too fast for a zombie. Also, quite good at defending himself. We weren't able to land any spell or sword blow and when I shot him in the chest, I've had no visible effect, neither the first time nor the second. This is when we decided to run as we were taking some damage." Thony looks at Sarina to provide her specifics. "He did not slip on the grease and there was no effect when I tried to clog his mind for a moment and... Kallak is hurt! We were coming to find you, maybe you could channel some divine energy in him, we can wait, we'll come any time you designate, we just don't have much money on hand!"

When Joram offers the group to speak to Gerrol, Sarina jumped on the opportunity. She seems very excited. "Yes, yes, yes! We certainly still want to talk to Gerrol! Thank you very much, and I will say my thanks to Mrs. Otterbie next time I see her! Maybe we'll finally learn something of Khonnir's group!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am not sure how channels are priced. Joram probably has no better use for them, and they are mass-effect, so we'd be willing to piggyback the next time he is to channel anyone or something...
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-01-29 at 11:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #526

SamuraiGuy

Yarro adds to Thony's description, "It is interesting, as we fought off the four-armed skeletons, they would take turns emitting a glow from their eyes. And when one was killed, the glow would start with another one. Did anyone else notice that? Maybe they were possessed? But when we found the other four-armed creature with the cape, it was entirely different. Maybe it was not alive, but it was not a skeleton - at least, not a normal one. I have never seen or heard of anything like it before."

And after Sarina is done talking, Kallak continues, "Yes, whatever help you can offer as to healing would be appreciated. Sarina is right, we have some coins, but not much, but could maybe pay in trade?"
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2022-01-29 at 02:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527

Lizardfolk

As you walk along Joram listens to your description of the creature and your plights. "I can't say I've ever heard of a being like that around here. The fact there were skeletons with four arms makes me think they are connected. Let's see it struck you with barehanded correct so I think we can rule out ghouls and wrights since you weren't paralyzed. But I think I need to check some books at the temple and I'll see to your wounds free of charge. Can't let our only saviors be bedridden for a week can we? I'll also check and see if it left any nasty surprises. I will say that you shouldn't get to reliant on one style or plan. Still he might have kept his wits about him and was just lucky. How many of those skeletons did you fight?
    You soon arrive at the temple and head inside. Joram takes you to one of the rooms you saw the dwarves in and ushers you in. He starts examining everyone that's hurt.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

There are recent wounds on both Sarina and Thony. They seem magically healed and do not seem like they need more attention. They also seem like they were mainly caused by something other than the skeletons. Thony lets Joram check for "nasty surprises" if only to be on a safe side. Meanwhile, he comments: "How many? Well, a bunch. Five or six. Six, I think. We should have one right here, maybe someone can say what it was while it still was alive, not sure what good that would be." Sarina is much more emotional. "Kallak has it! In his backpack! But I think he is barely standing!"

19. - Top - End - #529

SamuraiGuy

Kallak smirks and nods. "I've definitely been better, but I'm not dying. Yet. And yeah, I forgot I was lugging these bones around for you, Yarro." He takes off his backpack, and lets it thud dully on the floor.

"Yes, and thank you. I was interested in identifying these creatures, but even more interested in seeing if they regenerate. Didn't it look like the other groups had encountered them before? But that can wait until you are resting, Kallak."

20. - Top - End - #530

Lizardfolk

Joram looks over Kallak noting that their are abrasions and cuts but the most recent ones were not made by claws but blades. "Oof Kallak you seem to have gotten the worst of it. Also it looks like some sort of oil got on your face what happened there? One Last thing and then healing" Joram takes a second focusing on his holy symbol and then looks over the group he recasting the spell each time he looks at a new person. "Hmm no diseases so we can rule out mummies. Now then" Joram focuses and you soon feel a warm soothing presence envelope your bodies and begin to notice your flesh and bruises disappearing. Kallak feels what remains of the black ichor bubble and flake off his face. "Now that that's taken care of show me the skeleton you found I'll do my best to identify it but no promises"
    First channel energy 7 Hp
    second channel energy 13 Hp
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-02-01 at 10:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

SamuraiGuy

"Ah, thank you, Joram." Feeling much better, Kallak takes the bones out of his backpack. He arranges them as best he can to give Joram a true sense of the creature.

Yarro waits a moment, then asks, "Any ideas? And can you tell if the thing can regenerate?"
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2022-02-03 at 08:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532

Lizardfolk

Joram looks over the bones set on the table he picks up a few of the dry and brittle bones examining them carefully. He's especially interested with the skull and extra arms. "I was expecting a more human in nature but I can safety say I have never seen a creature like this. Tell me were their any beasts where you found this because the only injuries I can see are from you I guess." He takes a look at the feet and remarks "Weird the bone here has been polished it's almost smooth." he stands up looks at you and asks "It will probably take awhile. Come back in the morning I might have some answers for you."
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-03-04 at 06:11 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533

SamuraiGuy

"Thank you again, Joram," Kallak says. "We will return in the morning." Kallak then addresses the others, "So now what? Do we have any shopping to do? Now that I am feeling better, I would like to use our vouchers for the Silver Disk." Kallak grins.

Yarro does not appear to react, but her tone is subtly disapproving, "Before we get distracted, we should discuss how to get past the cloaked figure. Assuming we do not want to give up, we need to come up with a plan."

Kallak points at the skeleton. "You heard Joram, we may get more information in the morning. Besides, what can we do if we simply can't hit the thing? Why don't we think about it on our way to the Silver Disk?" He looks to Thony and Sarina, "Anyone coming with me?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, let's go to the Silverdisk Hall. I still have no idea how to deal with the thing, so might as well have a good time. And maybe Garmen has some interest in the affair and would like to talk about something. Eventually we will have to shop, I'm running low on ammo, but probably tomorrow, after we have talked with Joram and Gerrol."

Sarina simply nods. She has nothing to add to the above.

25. - Top - End - #535

Lizardfolk

The walk over to the silver disk hall takes awhile as it's on the other side of the town you pass by many shops and the Market square before arriving.
    As you make your way to the Silver disk hall you notice that Rope fist thugs can be seen in many side alleys or running around. The Silver Disk Hall is one of the better kept buildings in the area a sign depicting a silver disk hanging out front with the buildings name under it. A bouncer out front looks you over and opens the door he says
    "Don't cause no trouble" as you enter. Inside the building you is very open with a variety of games going on and people gambling at various tables. Up above their is a second floor you see a few tough looking men scanning the crowd looking for any cheating or fights.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-03-07 at 07:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina hasn't been to a gambling hall in her life. She looks around in fascination. She is also surprised by the number of guards employed by the establishment, in and out of it.

Thony also looks around, but his intent is more practical. He wants to know what games are played, whether he needs to exchange the voucher before he can play, and whether there is anything else to spend the money on.

27. - Top - End - #537

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks around and smiles. He and Yarro have not had extra income to spend, but he enjoyed dice games in Starfall as a kid. He nudges Thony, and points to where they can exchange the vouchers.

Yarro focuses on the nearest table and walks up to it, interested in learning what the game is all about.

28. - Top - End - #538

Lizardfolk

Thony and Kallak head over to a booth near the back that is exchanging tokens and gold coins. As you walk by you spy a number of games mostly card and dice games. The teller takes the voucher and calls over a guard and ask you to wait a moment. You don't wait long as soon a human man comes up to you with the guard. He's a handsome tall man with slicked back hair and a braided ponytail he is dressed in leather armor and has a rapier. "Hello good sir's I'm Garmen the owner of the silver disk hall. From what I've heard your the second group that has come back from the caverns and as a celebration of your success I hope you will stay and play at my fine establishment for awhile." He shakes your hands and looks over at Sarina and Yarro both looking around the games. "Your companions?"
    Image of Garmen Here

Yarro one game that catches your eye is a strange roulette like game but instead of spinning the board a top piece that looks like a crude stuff head is spun. After spinning it says something and all the coins on the board are taken. The dealer then hands out tokens to certain players.
    The game yarro see's Here

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good day to you, mister Ulreth. Yes, those two are with us. As for success... well, I'd rather say progress, and even that has been somewhat limited. I would in fact expect the caves to be somewhat less populated, to tell you the truth. We will be working on it." Meanwhile Sarina notices that Thony has stopped to chat with some man, so leaves the games be for some time, nudges Yarro, pointing in the direction, then also comes to say hi.

30. - Top - End - #540

SamuraiGuy

Kallak nods and smiles at Garmen. "Thank you for the hospitality, it will be nice to take a break."

Yarro follows Sarina to the others. She says to Kallak (but not quietly, so likely the others can hear her), "Kallak, what is that game with the spinning head? I have not seen the mechanism used to move it, but I question how it could be truly random."