New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

Thony grabs and tears down a paper cartrige. The contents go down the barrel - the powder first, then the bullet. Thony slams the stock of the rifle against the ground to move the bullet down where it should be and takes a second shot at the robot. Meanwhile, Sarina steps back, but otherwise seems to do nothing much.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sarina only has the acid splash attack for a little damage, but it is now at heavy penalty: soft cover, melee and target prone. She will stay ready until at least two of those no longer apply. Thony shoots right away.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-01 at 03:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kallak is surprised by the grease, but collects his wits and tries to take advantage of it. He whips out his greatsword in a flash from his back and brings it down full-force on the robot.

Meanwhile, Yarro gets her first good look at the struggling robot, and tries to identify it. She is semi-hopeful that if she can identify the malfunction, she could fix it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thony's paper cartridge quickly refills the gun and he takes aim the prone creature, the table make for a difficult shot but he makes it. Thony's shot hit's the back of the machine and it's stops moving. The light of it's eye dims and fades. Yarro takes a look at the now deceased machine and can tell even before Thony's shot the machine was a malfunctioning mess. One leg was missing and many parts were either rusted through, missing, or broken.
    Val tentatively makes here way back after the noise stops and looks inside
    "It's dead right?". Seeing the now destroyed robot lying on the ground she walks in and thanks everyone for saving her.

Everyone gets 50XP You can now talk to Val and explore the buildings
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-03-01 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Readjusting Xp

4. - Top - End - #34

SamuraiGuy

Yarro immediately walks up to the robot, trying to avoid the greased area (if it is still there) by walking around it. She starts picking through the remains to see if she can salvage anything from it, or learn its purpose. She is basically ignoring the others, but not intentionally; she is clearly focused on the mechanical debris.

Kallak gives a thumbs up to Thorny through the (now broken) window, and steps away from the robot to give Yarro room. He turns to Val, "Val, are you hurt?" If she is not, he continues, "Khonnir brought that back from the cave, right? But I thought it was wreckage. How did the thing come alive?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina dismisses the grease. She stays near Val and Kallak, but does nothing much. Thony would usually start reloading the rifle as soon as it's empty, but taking into account the plans to do some diving, this time he does not. He comes closer to Yarro and the robot and tries to help as much as he can. Which is, initially, not much, but there is a room fro improvement. "Seems to be a repair bot of some kind. Can you make sense of it? We might encounter more of those where it came from."

Spoiler
    Show
    Of interest:
    1. The robot's DR and the ways to overcome it, if any
    2. The robot's normal hit points and current hit points (and if it can still be restored instead of, or even after, the ongoing disassembly)
    3. Anything else optional

6. - Top - End - #36

Lizardfolk

"I'm not hurt Kallak it startled me yeah but it didn't hit me. As for how it got up and started moving around I have no idea. I was doing my chores and suddenly I hear this scrapping and banging coming from the store room. I opened the door expecting a rat had gotten in and was somehow knocked over the robot or got tangled in something. When that lunged at me and I barely closed the door in time. I panicked and hid under the table when it busted through and started attacking the wall for some reason."

Yarro and Thony examination doesn't turn up anything as salvageable. However they do learn somethings from the examination. The robot is a Repair Drone and is usually seen repairing or fixing technology. They're tough despite their low combat abilities. This comes from their ability to quickly repair minor damage. This one seemed to only have a partial charge and is missing many pieces and tools. It's fundemetaly destroyed and canot be repaired into full working condition. Your not sure how it charged up however since no one, not even Val, has gone into the storroom since Khonnir left.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

The robot is missing the following
    • Fast Healing Nano bots
    • Tools it uses to repair other robots.
    • It's net it uses to subdue intruders.

This robot had only 11 Hp normally they have 31Hp.
    I'll also add Robot traits into the third ooc post.
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-03-02 at 01:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Sarina and Thony were living in the tavern for some time now, and have met Val, they have no need to introduce themselves. They seem to have a need to explain themselves, though. "Val, we have contracted to go look for Khonnir and relight the Torch, so we are going down the pond some time today. If there is any information that you think could be in any way relevant, please do tell us. Also, we'd want to know how he transported this from there to here, I mean, it seems heavy enough, and whether he also brought here anything else." Suddenly, Sarina looks shocked. "Thony! I... we... We haven't asked anything about Khonnir's team! Dolga did say he, too, had a team. I've just remembered it when you've said this thing is heavy."

8. - Top - End - #38

SamuraiGuy

Once Yarro is satisfied she has learned all she can from the repair bot, she joins the conversation. "I am glad you are unhurt, Val. In addition to Sarina's question, did Khonnir bring anything else back with him? Or leave any record of his first trip, say in a journal."

While the others are talking, Kallak sheaths his greatsword, and moves to the inside door to see the damage caused by the robot in the workroom.

9. - Top - End - #39

Lizardfolk

Val answers Thony "First thank you for looking for him. I'm sorry I had to close the tavern down when you guys came around but with how things are going I didn't want so fight to break out with only me around. As for anything relevant? I think he transported it using that disc spell you know the one Yarro? "
    "Umm... he didn't really talk about the team he left with. I think that guy who was gonna get married might have been part of it but I can't really remember their names. As for a journal I think he was studying the machine in the back room but didn't get far."

"Well umm also ... some weird goop started to leak out of where the torch used to be. Two dwarves went up there to try it. One came away alright the other almost died." It seems very evident that Val doesn't know much about the trips Khonnir made.
    Kallak looks around the destroyed back room noting a ruined book it seems to be a couple notes Khonnir made about the robot. He also finds what looks like the remains of a polymer net apparently from the the broken robot.

10. - Top - End - #40

SamuraiGuy

Kallak tries cutting the net, just to see how difficult it is. He then brings what he can salvage of the notes back to Yarro and the others. Yarro looks them over, gleans what information she can from them, and then hands them to Thorny.

Kallak then says to Val, "Don't worry about the bar, Val. You just take care of yourself while we try to find Khonnir. I'd help you clean up here, but I'm worried about him and we should probably get going." He looks at the others. "Should we check out that sludge coming from the torch? I also want to see if we can buy some things before we head out."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorny takes Khonnir's notes and gives them a look. He is not into trying to read them in full, but mostly trying to get Khonnir's own account of what Yarro mentions as deserving interest. "I need some time to make the special bullets, but that should not take long. I'd say would be done by the time you finish the shopping. Buy some light if you need it. We don't, so we don't carry much. Do we need a rope to mark the way down the pond and back up to the surface? Other than that, I have what I need for the first trip and she" Thorny nods at Sarina "does use much of anything." "I will ask those two dwarves about the sludge, both what they did and what happened. Maybe they weren't competent chemists and haven't exerted much care."

12. - Top - End - #42

Lizardfolk

The pollymer net seems much sturdier than a nomal net taking longer to cut through and it's harder to pull apart. Val looks over at what Kallak is doing and says"I think he took it out of the robot but it was already broken. But I guess it doen't much matter anymore." When Sarina mentiones the dwarves she says "They probably wen't to Brigh's Temple for the unlucky one."
    Val looks over at the robot's corpse and ask's "So are you going to get rid of it? If not I'll ask one of the neighbors to help me take it to the dump."

Skill propts
    go looking for a list of previous parties:Diplomacy DC15
    What made the dwarves take a drink of weird fluids: Know. Local DC15

13. - Top - End - #43

SamuraiGuy

Kallak readily jumps in, "I'll help you clean up, Val." Yarro looks flatly at Kallak and arches an eyebrow. Kallak shrugs. "What? She needs the help. If you want to go to the temple and talk to the dwarves, and look at the sludge or whatever, I can't really help with that anyway. I'll go to Kollison's store or maybe Dolga's for a cold iron weapon, and we can meet up in say, an hour or two?"

Yarro nods and looks at Sarina. "Does that sound good to you? Where would you like to start?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony admits he has no idea about the dwarves and the sludge, so he proposes to meet with Sarina at the temple of Brigh. He says he won't need any other preparations, so proposes everyone meet there ready to dive. He borrows ten gold coins from Sarina and goes to buy some cold iron bullets on his way to the temple. After being told to come to the temple of Brigh ready to dive, Sarina goes to the appropriate room to change her set of clothing to something more adventure-frienly and drop the excess gear. Then she, presumably accompanied by Yarro, goes to Dolga to get the list of local people that were part of the previous teams, and their local next of kin. Then she checks with those kin people, starting with those of Khonnir's team, to find out if they have anything to say to those going down, either about those previous trips, preparations to them, or in general.

15. - Top - End - #45

Lizardfolk

Yarro And Sarina
    Heading back to the Town Hall is a quick trip for the two ladies and once inside the meet the same human scribe that had greeted them before " Hello If your..." He looks surprised that the two of you are back. "Did you forget something? Because we already have you listed and gave you the writ." He looks back at a small mound of paper work covering one of the desks and sighs seems the torch going out has increased the paper work load in town hall as well. He turns back to you and explains "Miss Dolga is currently going over some records so If you need asisstance I'll help you."

You already rolled I'll just need some roleplaying.

Thony And Kallak
    Val tells Thony and Kallak that they can stop by the Torch Guildhouse on the way to the dump. "They got lot's of stuff there and cold iron might not be for sale in Kollison's store he usually just does supplies."
    Kallak, and Thony if he goes along, head out after borrowing a mule and cart from a neighbor. Val rides in the back of the cart after Kallak gets the robot in the back. At the Dump your greeted by a Bleaching Gnome, Garritt Burrwaddle honorary Junk-master and professional scavenger. However he seems to be talking to a human after a bit of what looks like haggling the reach an agreement and the gnome hands over some parts and the man hands him several small silver disks. After that the gnome walks over to you "Here to dump?" He looks into the cart at the robot and points over at a pile close to you "Over there"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina explains why she's back. "We thought we better find out more about the previous parties. In particular, the robot Khonnir has brought back proved to be quite interesting. We thought maybe others of his team also brought something from their first trip or gave a more detailed account of the expedition. Did Khonnir say how he acquired the robot? Or maybe you can give us contacts of people who knew his team? So far we've only talked to Val, but it turns out Khonnir did not discuss business with her between his trips."

17. - Top - End - #47

SamuraiGuy

Yarro backs up Sarina. "We can see all of the records you keep here, any information you can give us would be helpful. We all want to be successful in relighting the Torch."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Kallak nods. "Thanks. Hey, while we are here, I heard that something happened here a couple weeks ago?" He watches the gnome carefully.

18. - Top - End - #48

Lizardfolk

Yarro And Sarina
    The scribe responds with "one moment" he looks through the papers and notes on his desk selects a few and proceeds to write them down. He comes back to you and hands you a list of teams that had gone inside. "From what I can tell the two earliest teams were not recorded after that they started to record names and next of kin. As for the robot from what I've heard he found it down there next to a big metal wall or something. As for group four they were all outsiders so contacting their next of kin will take awhile."
    Spoiler: List of groups
    Show

#1 3 Halflings- Status unkown- presumed dead
    #2 Group of 6 Ropefist gang members (race mixed)- Status unkown- presumed dead
    #3 Status: Returned
    • Khonnir Baine: Next of Kin: Val Baine,Yarro And Kallak
    • Sulema: Next of Kin: None
    • Gerrol Sonder:Next of kin: Emelia Otterbie
    • Victor Otar:Next of Kin:Mechelle Redshaw and Horace Otar

#4 Status unkown- presumed dead
    • Chandel: Next of kin Temple of Brigh
    • Gus Kingsberry: Next of Kin: Temple of Brigh and Mother Wren
    • Ute Autrey: Next of Kin: Church of Brigh and Marcus Autrey
    • Claude Flechson: Next of kin: Church of Brigh And Flechson's Family Estate

#5 Same as #3 Status: unkown
    #6 your group

Thony And Kallak
    The gnome thinks for a bit and shuggs "Yeah it was weird that those two were out here. But it's not my place to judge.Or are you talking about something else?" He helps move the robot on to the pile. "I'll give it a once over later for now need to help with all the trash."

19. - Top - End - #49

SamuraiGuy

Yarro says to Sarina, "It looks like the team that went with Khonnir the first time also went with him again, so they are all missing." Then she points to group #4. "If we want to learn more about this group from out of town, maybe we should try the temple. We could also ask about the dwarves that drank the liquid from the torch." She turns to leave, then remembers what Kallak's family taught her about manners. She turns back to the scribe "Thank you for this information. It is very helpful, and validates the work you do."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Kallak grunts while moving the robot "Thanks for the help. What two were out here?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

"Do you know if the robot seemed defunct when Khonnir's team found it or if they had to neutralize it first? Because it started moving again, and damaging the property, before we had a good look at it. We had to deal with it by force. Also, do you know any of..." Sarina reads from the paper "...Emelia Otterbie, Mechelle Redshaw and Horace Otar? Would if any of them be likely to talk business with, respectively, Gerrol or Victor? If that seems likely, we might want to know where we can find them."

Thony has no business at the dump, so he is ready to move on when Kallak is.

21. - Top - End - #51

Lizardfolk

Yarro And Sarina
    The clerk shrugs "From what I heard it was non-functioning so if it turned back on that's a bit concerning. I don't get out much so only one name really sticks out, Otterbie. I think their is an Otterbie who works up at the Guild House I think he works as a weapons smith. The other two well I'm not sure." He smiles at Yarro " Thank you Miss for the compliment."

Do you want to spend time looking for the other names on the list?

Thony And Kallak
    The gnome off handily says "Carl and Sandy their families are having a bit of a spat right now so I guess they wanted to meet up for some reason. None of my business though"
    After dropping of the robot Thony and Kallak stop at the guild house to pick up the cold iron bullets Thony wanted.

22. - Top - End - #52

SamuraiGuy

Yarro looks at Sarina. "Should we try to guild house or the temple first?"

Kallak reluctantly parts with 20 gp to buy a cold iron planson. But it looks well-made, and could save his life. Strapping it to his back alongside his greatsword takes a little doing, but once it is done Kallak asks Thorny, "Well, I think we should meet up with the others. At the temple of Brigh, wasn't it?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

"Let's go to the temple. If the whole team listed it as their next of kin, there should be a good chance of them talking business before the trip." Sarina and Yarro head to the temple and so, from the other direction, do Thorny and Kallak. They presumably meet there and ask if they can see Joram Kyte himself.

24. - Top - End - #54

Lizardfolk

Both groups are late to the meeting Yarro And Sarina are the first to arive at 1:30pm while Val drops off Thony And Kallak at 1:45pm. Val takes the cart back to the neighbor you borrowed it from and leaves the group at the temple. The Temple is a large stone and metal building though in places the metal has been crudly repaired with plates riveted together. Over the door is a symbol of the goddess metal female mask and higher up you see and hear bronze wind chimes. As you open the door inside opens to a circular domed room (A domed portico). In the center is a statue maded of metal and stone in the shape of the goddess Brigh. There are several well used pews and a raised platform in front of the statue. On the other side of the room you see some door leading to the other areas of the church. As you are about to close the door you hear someone say "Hold please Hold"

Spoiler: Brigh Statue
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorny holds the door open while simultaneously looking at the speaker and trying to determine if that is or is not what the speaker means.

26. - Top - End - #56

SamuraiGuy

Yarro studied the statute of Brigh with interest. She wanted to know more about this goddess for awhile, but stayed away from the temple so as not to draw attention to her nature. In addition, though a "clockwork" creation herself (at least to some people), she found Brigh's areas of concern too limited. Yarro is almost insatiably curious about all knowledge, not just mechanical inventions.

When they hear the voice, Kallak quickly throws his arms above his head. Yarro looks at him and shakes her head slightly in disapproval, then looks for the speaker.

27. - Top - End - #57

Lizardfolk

Thony keeps the door open looking out he see's no one but you all soon here a "Thanks". Looking down you see a raven the bird hops along the ground apperantly not interested in flying. He stops at the right most door looks at the group and says "Open?"
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-03-14 at 05:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorny checks for any reasons not to open the door (a "Staff Only" sign would be one), then, presuming no reason is apparent, opens the door for the bird. "Sure, no problem."

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on laws, rules and customs check.

29. - Top - End - #59

Lizardfolk

Their is a sighn on the door "SHOP OPEN 9-5". As you open the door the raven again says "Thanks" hops inside and then flies over to the counter. At the counter is a curly haired human male he looks to be about 18. He looks up from his book see Thony "Sorry if he bothered you he likes coming in from the front. Were open if want to check out our selection" He then spots the rest of the team and adds " Are you the new group? Jorams in the back I'll get him." The curly haired man gets up closing his book and steps into the back of the shop returning moments later with an older man.
    "Hello sorry for not being out front."He smiles and leans over the counter " I was expecting you to be here sooner. But I guess you were preparing." He gives the raven a few scratches under his beak as he asks "Are you ready to go?"
    Spoiler: Joram Kyte
    Show

Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2021-03-16 at 03:50 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

SamuraiGuy

Kallak looks at the others and scratches his head. "Well met. Joram is it? I'm Kallak. We are preparing to go try to relight the torch, if that is what you mean. Were you expecting us?"