New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Gods : Double Characters (IC)

"Interesting. I think it's not a bomb, so no harm in trying. Can you give me this thing? Says Thony intending to take the e-pick and give it a try, or, for that matter, several, as long as it does not take inordinate amount of time. Sarina tries not to be on anyone's way and keeps watching the pictures to see if they cycle or something else is shown.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how long an attempt is to take (it's ether "intricate or complex device" or a "lock"), but anyway it's 3..6 rounds for first 3 attempts. I rolled some, considering Yarro's skill to be 9. If it is for some reason 6 instead, might or might not take a bit longer.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kallak looks over at Thony and Yarro taking a crack at the strange box and says "Let's not stick around here all day if we can help it. That locked box isn't going any where." It takes a few attempts to unlock the box but finally on the third try the box finally gives a beep and unlocks. Inside the box the items seemed to have been protected from the passage of time. Yarro tries to identify the items.
    Spoiler: Items in the box
    Show

Two Bang Grenades
    one Flash Grenade
    1 unidentified Grenade
    1 unidentified armor
    1 Timeworn Stun Gun (5 Charges)
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-07-19 at 05:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony takes a look at the equipment. He thinks he has a solid idea about what type of grenade is the one about which Yarro is not quite sure. He has no idea what kind of armor it it, but hey, it's some armor and some technological thing so is sure to worth some money. "Now, I think we pack the whole lot, in case we are to retreat in a hurry. Okan?" "If that would not slow Okan down.", intervenes Sarina, "Though I do not propose myself to carry this stuff." "The question is then which way we go: the bloody way or the other way. Kallak, can you make sense of what happened here and, more importantly, which way they went after that?"
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-07-19 at 12:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Okan stalks up the corridor searching around through the debris for anything of interest. As he reaches the doors he looks at the one wit the blood trail and nods to the others. "This one then?" and once everyone is ready will open it and eady for combat!

Nok

Nok still eyeing the case of grenades with a wry smile shakes his head before following the others. He also stops to sift through the wreckage and the bloodstains before waiting, a bomb in hand at the door by Okan.
    Last edited by DrK; 2022-07-20 at 08:28 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #665

Lizardfolk

Thony successfully identifies the grenade as a Soft Grenade. He still can't identify the strange suit.
    Nok finds the door opens easily into a four way intersection a door at each point of the room.
    Kallak takes a look down the hall and the intersection "They didn't go this way. Let's try the other door." The group readies it's self around the door with the blood stain and opens it. Inside it's obvious a battle had happened. Bloodstains mar the floor and walls of this hallway, while scorch marks and smears of ash on the walls tell of how ferocious the combatants had fought. Four tangled mounds of metal and other materials lie further up the hall, surrounded by strangely colored stains. Kallak enters the hall and calls back " Theirs is a blood trail."

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-07-19 at 05:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina is nervous about the big confrontation that happened here and another one that is going to happen. She tries not to show it, without huge effect. "So, there they went. Me must get ready." Thony is also nervoud, but a bit calmer. "Wait a second, Sarina. I want to examine these guys." He bends down to examine those tangled mounds of metal, and the accompanying stuff, to see if he can learn something of use for the upcoming fight.

7. - Top - End - #667

Lizardfolk

Unfortunately Thony's investigation yields little the robots are smashed, burned and utterly destroyed.

Following the blood you enter the room A long table with various unusual stones and dirt samples
    heaped on it sits along the southern wall of this room, while to the north a line of metal desks with glowing panels and buttons are placed next to a large humming device. The heart of this device seems to be some sort of flickering sphere of reddish brown mud or dirt. Dust covers much of this room, save for a strangely clean swath between the doors, which leads to the strange humming device.
    The panels seem to be in better shape than the last one you found displaying information in Androffan.
    However your not alone as you "Hear" {Who are you? Where are I? What this place?}
    Bram looks around wildly not sure where the voice is emanating from.
    A strange purplish blob like creature emerges from the dirt "looking" at you?
    What emerges image
    Map here
    Skill prompt
    What is that thing in the device DC 13 Know: Nature
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-07-23 at 09:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony seems wary, but as long as that thing is not aggressive and someone takes care of the interaction, he'll just watch the panels to make sense of what is displayed. Sarina obviously is ready to chat with the thing. "Hello there, strange purplish blob! How would you like to be addressed? We are the explorers of these remains of a strange starship that fell from the skies thousands of years ago. We are not yet sure what purpose had this section, but we can let you know if and when we find out. How did you come to be here?"

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Seeing the fungus Okan hefts a hammer ready to splatter it until Thorny speaks and Nok gestures for him to lower the hammer, even still he readies for the inevitable betrayal

Nok

Nok watches the talking fungus carefully, a glance at the others, "What by Torag's beard is that manner of beast?"

10. - Top - End - #670

Lizardfolk

{What's an explorer? Oh where did I come from? I don't know I woke up here I never been anywhere else. What's Torag is that a thing you use or is it another you?}
    Kallak speaks up "I think this is a Cerebric Fungus the're not common but I found a book about intelligent plants once. Their able to telepathically speak and attack what they deem prey. Their carnivorous.
    {Carnivorus. Is that like the Red Stuff?}
    "Uhh you mean the blood? Is that why their is so little of it here? You ate it?"
    {Red Stuff was Yummy!}

Thony finds that their is a lot of information on the panel but it will take several minutes to read it. However it's information the Society might find interesting.

Yarro nudges Nok "I think we should leave before it stops being interested in us and starts looking at us as food."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina has an idea. "There is more red stuff in the corridor. It can be all yours. You promise you do not attack us. We promise we let you live. Deal?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If it's a deal, I think we have a few minutes and can as well search the room.

12. - Top - End - #672

Lizardfolk

{I don't want to leave but would like more red stuff do you have red stuff? What's it like outside is it double the size of here or smaller? Does the one with the big stick talk or is he just stuck like that?"}
    Kallak answers "It's very big like much bigger than this room but can we leave through the other door?"
    You get a note of confusion from the fungus {I don't know. Do you know how it works? Does outside look like this or are things weird?}

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Okan looks at the fungus as it describes him as "one with big stick" before nodding. "I do just stand here. Until things need hitting, then I move faster." Making sure the droor is held open he walks a few paces into the hallway and kicks some blood splattered remains into view of the door. "Some red stuff there. Enjoy."

Nok

Nok avoids the fungus scrambling to the far side of the room and exploring the computers and monitors before approaching the other door. He looks at Yarro and THorny, "Shall we move on from here before that thing realises we are made from red stuff and want to us too?" Searching around he keeps one eye on the hungry fungus and a hand near the hilt of his hammer.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina starts to entertain the creature while Thony is looking at the monitors. Starting with places near and far, Sarina then transitions to magical matters and then just goes on inventing new stuff on the way. Having run out of topics, Sarina recites a somple child story and a lullaby and then finally finds her options exhausted, looking at everyone for suggestions about what to do next...

15. - Top - End - #675

Lizardfolk

Sarina is able to keep the Cerebric Fungus engaged through all of it and Thony is able to read and copy the data from the panels.
    Okan finds the blood is long dried and kicks a piece of blood splattered robot remains into the room.
    {Looks bad. Metal things not tasty}

Nok looks around the far side of the room and finds a box containing three gun looking weapons. Their all the same thing but he will need to identify them.

OoC:Are you done talking to the fungus?
    Knowledge (engineering) DC18 to identify the gun like weapons.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, we take the whole box of guns and leave through these double doors. Nice to have met you, mister fungus, chances are, we will be back." Thony gets ready to provide fire support to anyone leading the way. Sarina does basically the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    I propose we do not spend any time identifying anything. Just taking the valuables and leaving through the doors leading south.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Stepping aside Okan looks at the guns and glances at Nok, "Srange looking clubs They appear to be blunt." He looks where the strange fungus went and then nods. "I agree, we should head out and push deeper in."

Nok

Nok looks at the box and gingerly reaches out to the box and strokes the three strange tube like weapons before glancing at Thorny and and the others and scoops up the guns before nodding. "Aye, lets scarper before the weird fungus comes back. Looking towards the doors he nods to the one leading deeper into the weird ruins, "Shall we move on?"

18. - Top - End - #678

Lizardfolk

{Awww I wanted to talk more but I guess goodbye! your interesting ones. Come again quick!}
    The group moves out of the Lab and enters a three way hall. Their are several doors. The trail of blood has returned and it enters the door on your left as you come out of the lab. Taking a moment Thony explains the research he had found.

The information was about a planet referred to both as “CX-335” and as “Kasath”. With Kasath as the local's name for the planet he guesses. The place is described as an arid world with little water, violent weather patterns, and savage inhabitants of a predominantly hexapodous (six limbed) nature. The Species/Race are called Kasatha and the lab was studying soil samples from that planet but they had not been analyzed. The giant dome habitat you went through was built specifically to mimic life on the surface of Kasath.

Discovering alien life and information is exciting! Sarina's Stargazer trait gives the group +150xp

Map Here
    Last edited by Sleepy Shade; 2022-07-30 at 07:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Okan staggers down the corridor, the shiny metal surfaces, the clean walls and sold metal caves unnerving to the barbarian. “I don’t like this, I do not understand these words of planets and words. Let us loot this place, crush any agents of the technic league and be done with this place.”

As Nok points to the south (relative to the map) he advances and tries to open the door

Nok

Nok looks back over his shoulder a few times as they move away from the strange fungus.”A strange beast, I am confused by this strange dungeon, all these technological devices and metal caves. It feels like we are in something larger than we or even the Technic league can understand.” Glancing at the doors he nods to the southern one “It seems to be built in a circular way, shall we clear the rest of this ring?”

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not right now. Let's follow this blood trail. See, it has appeared again when we left that room." Thony points at the door where the blood trail seems to be leading. Sarina nods and gets ready, not in the front row. She seems to be increasingly nervous.

21. - Top - End - #681

Lizardfolk

Opening the door you see metal desks sit to the north and south of this long room, yet the most distinctive features are a pair of odd, bedlike tables flanked by curving panels of blinking, pulsing lights. Moving armatures of metal extend out over the beds, each outfitted with glowing panes of glass and strangely glowing tools. The chamber reeks of blood, with great crimson stains splashed across the device, beds, and floor. You see the blood stains you've been following terminate at the two beds in the rooms you also here to the north a metallic voice speaking in Androffan “The doctor will be with you shortly" A robot with four legs and needle like fingers begins making it's way towards you.

Picture of the creature Here

Looks like a fight!
    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

1. Nok
    2. Sarina
    3. Okan
    4. Yarro
    5. Robot
    6. Brath
    7. Thony
    8. Kallak

Map Here

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarina gets ready to cast a spell to trip the robot as soon as it is adjacent to someone, placing the greased area in such a way as not to affect the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready to cast Grease.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=DrK;25540497]Okan

As the door swings open Nok runs past him, bomb flying at the robot in a crackle of electricity. Okan looks at the others a great smile on his face, "I shall destroy you metallic beast!" and lunges forward, massive hammer swinging hard.

20 to hit, 18 damage

Nok

Nok pauses as the robot hoves into view he views the blood everywhere and sees the needle armed machine heading your way. "I don't need no doctor" he grumbles as he scampers 20ft into the room and heads south before whirling and throwing a crackling electric bomb at at it but the bomb goes wide.

misses, DC 14 for half of 5 splash damage

24. - Top - End - #684

Lizardfolk

The robot doesn't stand a chance.Nok's bomb goes farther than he wants but the robot is able to dodge the worst of the splash damage. Okan moves over to the bot and Sarina hit's it with a grease spell toppling the metal monstrosity giving Okan the perfect target and he smashes the creature Yarro gets into position and fires off a crossbow bolt hitting the robot. The robot tries to right it's self but okan smashes it again and it shut's down to damaged to move.
    Battle Over!
    Everyone gets 150xp

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, good work..." says Thony seemingly shocked by how the robot is demolished before he even takes a shot. Well, these new guys are good... he thinks to himself. He then proceeds to examine the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will be traveling some or all of the next week, but should be able to post.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Okan hammers the machine twice more for good measure before kneeling down and tearing free a small chunk of wires to make into bracelet as a trophy. He looks at the bloodied walls and then the robot smashed at his feet. "This puny thing could not have done that." Before he sets out to explore he room carefully in case anymore weird telepathic plants creep out of a locker.

20 to hit, 18 damage

Nok

Nok grins wiping his hands on his chemical stained overalls. "Aye well that weren't too bad. My thanks Okan, your direct approach proved helpful." Grining at Thorny and Yarro he nods to the barbarian, "You can see why I keep him around." before he joins in a search of the room

Okan got 18, Nok got 8

27. - Top - End - #687

Lizardfolk

Okan smashes the deactivated robot again and an unidentified liquid squirts out the robot on to Okan. As the group looks around most of the items in the room are either rusted or caked with blood. The two beds seemed to be the most used items in the room.
    Looking over the beds their arms are outfitted with a number of blades and mechanical devices with unknown purposes.
    Yarro and Kallak look around as well looking for some trace of Khonnir but find nothing.

So what's next? You still have a number of rooms and while their is evidence of the previous group being taken here no trace of them remains.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Thony frowns. "It seems we'll have to randomly poke around, so... this way?" He points at the double doors leading "south".

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Shade View Post
    Looking over the beds their arms are outfitted with a number of blades and mechanical devices with unknown purposes..
    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Thony engineering: (1d20+5)[20]
    I think if no one is able to make sense of the things, we just move on.

29. - Top - End - #689

Lizardfolk

Thony's inspection of the bed reveals that most of the tools on the arms are designed around cutting, injecting or extracting fluids and a few other processes like burning or freezing but many are rusted or damaged in some way. The beds have a power supply and are still operational.
    Do you want to test the beds?

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Okan

Nok

Okan and Nok look at the smashed robot and then the beds. The dwarf being faster on the uptake and then stepping back with some alacrity. "Nasty stuff, I would not go too close. Be wary in case they spring to life." At that suggestion Okan leaps backwards, hammer in hand with a loud "CRASH" smashes off one of the bands on the nearest bed.

The two of them nod "Aye" Nok responding as they join the others heading towards the southern doors