New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Firefox lags for several minutes before loading any pages

Basically, when I open firefox it starts up just fine. But when I try loading a page, it just loads for several minutes.

This doesn't seem to be affected by the amount of tabs I'm opening (it happens when I restore the last session or open a few tabs at once). Everything suddenly starts loading as normal after a few minutes. Very occasionally this doesn't happen.

It's been like this for several months.

Any ideas?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Firefox lags for several minutes before loading any pages

Only the usual troubleshooting routine.
    0. Restart your system
    1. Update Firefox and extensions
    2. Visit different sites and servers, make sure it's not localised
    3. Try disabling extensions, one by one
    4. Try disabling Javascript. This will probably break a lot of sites, but see if the remainder load better.
    5. If nothing works, consider changing browser.
    There's a possibility it could be caused by some kind of malware, but if you'd had that on your system for months, I would expect you'd have noticed effects in other areas as well by this time.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Firefox lags for several minutes before loading any pages

FWIW, I found the problem was NoScript. I've uninstalled and switched to uBlock
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)