New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Does planar touchstone (catalogues of enlightenment) count as domain access?

Meaning, for prerequisite purposes, do you count as having "access to the sun domain", for example, by taking planar touchstone and making the appropriate choices?

I've asked this question in the RAW thread and there wasn't a concensus. You can go there to page 12 and find Q175 to see the discussion.

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Does planar touchstone (catalogues of enlightenment) count as domain access?

Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
    A175 Continued
    That's a good example of why not - when you have used up your daily uses of an ability you posses you still possess the ability - you just cannot use it.
    Same with PT. You still have the ability, you just can't use it [in this case, until you renew your charges at the touchstone site].

You possess the feat and it's a benefit of the feat. How is that not an ability you possess?

If the prereq is "X domain" PT probably doesn't work as that implies standard and whole access, but if the req is simply "access" to the domain (eg, for radiant servant) it should.
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Does planar touchstone (catalogues of enlightenment) count as domain access?

That's, as usual with this kind of question, a ridiculous attempt at twisting the words.

The question truly is: would a DM allows it as a prerequisite. The answer is: no.

Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment is already a very handy ability in itself, no need to push it further.

You want a domain without being a cleric? Just take a level in Contemplative.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by St Fan View Post
    That's, as usual with this kind of question, a ridiculous attempt at twisting the words.

The question truly is: would a DM allows it as a prerequisite. The answer is: no.

Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment is already a very handy ability in itself, no need to push it further.

You want a domain without being a cleric? Just take a level in Contemplative.
    You're talking should instead of is. I don't even think the "should" part is problematic though. In the case of rad servant you still have to get 1st divine casting for example and Extra Turning is no use to you if you don't have turning. 2 feats to advance druid with a class that doesn't advance your druid features. That's not unbalanced
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ