Spoiler: initiative
    Show
    (1d20-1)[5]
    Michael gets ready for the land shark

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: The Medieval dead IC

Michael, Mirielle, and Cassius don't see much from their position still up in the dungeon rooms of the old fort, and only feel the faintest of vibrations from the large beast cruising the earth beneath them. But Garon's yell causes the vibrations to stop for a moment, then pick up with a sudden burst of speed directly towards Garon. From his position still in the tunnel, Garon gets a clear view of the beast that didn't seem to realize there was an open tunnel as it digs its way out of the wall a few inches above the ground and lands ungracefully with a heavy thud.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Initiatives
    Mirielle: 16
    Landshark: (1d20)[10]
    Garon: 7
    Michael: 5
    Cassius: 3

With the heavy thud of the monster, Mirielle begins moving towards the trap door, but since she'd hung back to keep watch at the entrance, she has quite a ways to go and has to stop just short of the actual trapdoor.

The beast takes up most of the space in the tunnel, but that alone might not be the most concerning part from Garon's point of view, for he can see its face. Most of the landshark's snout and the left half of its face look to have been crushed inward to a bloody pulp. The one eye that does remain open is a milky white and appears unfocused. Looking further along the monster shows numerous other wounds ranging from the minor to what look like mortal as frequent bouts of blood drip from the jagged toothed maul. The unexpected drop into an open space appears to have disorientated it though as the land shark stops its charge to draw in ragged snort-like sniffs of the air through the broken nose as it searches for prey.

Spoiler: OOC action explanation:
    Show

Mirielle moves towards the trapdoor so she can see and shoot at the beast

The Bulette spends its turn picking itself back up from the ground and then searching for the closest prey.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-03-25 at 12:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Cassius runs the rest of the way to the trapdoor and lies down to reach his hand out to Garon.

Garon, get out of there!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Garon sprints towards the ladder, making an effort to jump around the large land shark and avoid its attack. He digs down deep, using every ounce of energy he can muster to try and make it up the ladder, or turning his attention on the beast if his exit is unreachable.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Takes a dash action around the bullette and makes an Athletics check to try to avoid an attack of opportunity (my Stealth modifier is negative and I am in heavy armor so yeah, not doing that) (1d20+4)[18].
    The next bit is slightly conditional. Using action surge. If I can get up the ladder and out of the reach of the bullette, I will do that. Otherwise, I will attack if it is in range, with:

Attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage (1d8+4)[6] plus (1d4)[2] slashing
    If crit add (1d8+4)[8] plus (1d4)[2] slashing

If I am not able to do either action while adjacent to said ladder, I will not use my action surge.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

From behind the bullette Michael fires his guiding bolt at the beast.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

The bulette was honing in on Garon's scent when Cassius's sudden yell pulls its attention away and up. Lumberingly slow, the beast stumbles and staggers as it tries to turn about and look up towards the new source of noise. In turn with the beast's back to Garon, he's able to quietly sprint around it and comes to a stop at the base of the ladder. One last fleeting look back at the bulette and he's up the ladder and back on the proper dungeon floor.

The guiding bolt from Michael strikes true and smacks into the monster while leaving behind the signature glow. The bulette however seems practically unfazed by the blow and let's out a roar in what is roughly his direction.

Mirielle finally reaches the edge of the trapdoor and peering down at the beast below, she casts her eldritch bolt at it before moving back some and out of the way for the others to climb up.

Spoiler: OOC Actions:
    Show
    Eldritch bolt attack: (1d20+7)[22]
    Dmg on hit: (1d10+2)[8]

The bulette had managed to turn around just as Garon was ascending the ladder, and then loomed over Michael after he cast his guiding bolt spell on it. The beast had been about to try and bite him in half had it not been for Mirielle's eldritch blast drawing the beast's attention back up to the trapdoor hole. With a surprising burst of energy the landsharp jumps upwards, it's massive head crashing in to the underside of the stone work and causing a spiderweb of cracks to form. The ladder teeters precariously on its ledge and threatens to fall over if not fall apart.

Spoiler: OOC comment:
    Show
    Not going to burn the advantage Michael granted, that'll be up to the players.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Cassius grabs Garon and pulls him up the last bit of the ladder.

Spoiler
    Show
    strength roll (1d20+3)[20]

Do we need to kill that thing or should we focus on something else?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"I say we take a d'ffrent route. Given that it killed the scaly bit, it may do any clean up for us. No sense it in feeding it more. Of course, if we have some oil we could ignite, or some other method of killing it from here, that'd work too. Just not fond of jumping into the sea when a shark smells blood."

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

We still have the other tunnel to check out. Michael says looking at the others.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

So, I say we look around these rooms. The supply crates were nearly empty and anything left was spoiled. These lizards were bottled up here for a long time and I think we need to learn what exactly had them hiding. Something isn't right, keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Cassius winces a bit from his wounds as he throws a nervous look over his shoulder.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree let's see what else is up here before we go down the other tunnel. I wouldn't be opposed to a short rest to take care of some wounds and regain what spells I have used. Michael says looking at the others.