New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Magic item with more than one Ranged attack

I was thinking about making a Faux-warlock style character who uses Gloves of the Uldra Savant to deliver sneak attacks, but unfortunately, though GUS does give you ray of frost at will, it is activated as a standard action, so no full attacks.

Is there a magic item that allows at-will ra ged full attacks? What about a spell that grants some sort of repeated-use full-attack-enabled option?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Magic item with more than one Ranged attack

Produce Flame is probably the cheapest option, but if using standard activation rules (from a wand, say), then you'll need a decent CL to have enough for a fight.

Darkfire (Cleric 3) is the improved version, with unlimited attacks for the duration.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ring of Telekinesis is what you are looking for.

The ring has a caster lvl of 9 and thus allows for up to 9 ranged attacks per round (Violent Thrust option) as standard action. The attacks work with BAB + Int or Cha (casting attribute), so dipping a caster can be useful.

Have a Quiver of Anariel, ideally +5.

Now you can fire 9 +5 arrows each turn that do damage like a dagger (1d4 each).

Fun Fact. I was thinking of maybe making a build around this myself, like yesterday..^^

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Just mentioned the Talon Scepter (MiC, Regalia of the Phoenix) in a previous thread, which gives you a swift ray every turn, for around 10k.

Nightblade of Arvandor (BoED) "can fire as many stars from its blade as its wielder has ranged attacks," for a much steeper 44k, as a standard action even, though what the phrase "has attacks" means is a little murky- it evokes the 3.0 monk tables with their weird this many normal attacks, this many unarmed attacks, and reminds one that extra attacks from this feat or that Haste spell aren't actually your base attacks, and indeed that you can't answer the question of how many attacks until all feats and items and effects are included. The vast majority of people will probably read this as "make a full attack that counts as a ranged weapon," but it could be read more restrictively (which is one of the reasons I rewrote the item). Hope it's not Good guys you need to sneak attack.
    Last edited by Fizban; 2021-02-23 at 05:42 AM.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gloves of Endless Javelins