New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Does entropic shield work against true seeing?

The ring of entropic deflection from MIC is pretty awesome. If you have the ring plus something that boosts your speed you get a 50% miss chance from most ranged attacks when you end your turn more than 10 feet from where you started it. I looked up the spell it creates and I'm not sure if it would be countered by true seeing. It says it covers you in a multi-colored effect that deflects like concealment and true seeing does not affect concealment. If the miss chance is from the disco ball effect distracting you true seeing might defeat it. But the spell also says deflect and true seeing doesn't matter if it's not the pretty colors and the attack is being reflected.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Does entropic shield work against true seeing?

It doesn't affect entropic shield. True seeing basically sees through lies. If your eyes are magically being lied to, you see through it. Entropic shield is telling your eyes the truth that your opponent has real concealment.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Does entropic shield work against true seeing?

No, entropic shield is an abjuration that physically deflects incoming attacks, not an illusion. True Seeing does nothing.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!