Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Hometown Pride

Yay! Feedback!

Spoiler: Response
    Show
    1) Can you clarify what source the conditions in your Showtime Bomb are from?
    They're all Power Profiles! It's a variant take on Illusion, here's how they work

First Degree – Figment: Minor changes in how the subject perceives things: making people look (but not sound) like someone else, altering or editing details like colors, the presence or absence of small objects, background sounds, and so forth.

Second Degree – Phantasm: Fairly major changes to the subject’s perceptions, including: adding a large and/or complex element such as an explosion, a symphony, or fully interactive person, the presence or absence of large or significant objects, making one thing look, sound, and otherwise appear like something else.

Third Degree – Immersion: Complete control over the subject’s senses, able to change anything and everything about the environment, from blank nothingness or total darkness to making the subject perceive and interact with a completely different setting that exists solely in the subject’s mind. The subject is Unaware of the real world.

2) Linking two powers and making them both distracting is cheesy and you know it. However...
    Hey, I quibble this! I get that it's strong, but I'm pretty sure that's how linked powers are supposed to go. If an Extra modifies how using one works, you're supposed to apply that Extra to the other, right? That's usually a drawback to Linked, since it means for a Ranged Linked power you have to buy Increased Range for both halves of it. But that was my logic here.

3) Distracting as a flaw on some of your bombs isn't really making sense to me and I'd like an explanation for it. However, as far as balance goes, I think it can even balance out the double-distracting cheese of the Demo-Charges if you could as Vulnerable while a bomb is in-play so long as it's as-of-yet untriggered. From a certain perspective, I could see that as as good explanation in itself - with those bombs you're keeping one eye on them to make sure you detonate them at the right time, and as a result your mind isn't wholy focused on protecting yourself.
    The idea was that those were more complex charges, and more difficult to set in combat. While Triggered allows some utility, Cat's bombs still basically function as a damage effects - it's the same action to set one down as it would be to make an attack. Those without Vulnerable? She can prime as a standard action, run out of the blast radius and trigger without a care by yelling 'Showtime' into her mic. Which is sodding cool, but I didn't want her able to do that with all of them. Vulnerable was my answer to that - these are the bombs that she really shouldn't be trying to use in a firefight. (Which is why they're her most powerful ones) Setting them down without blowing herself up does require a modicum of care, hence a defense penalty if she tries that.

I'm not entirely opposed to the extended vulnerable idea for those, since the idea was that they're primarily for out of combat use. But honestly, if you feel the demo charges are skeeze I might just drop them or do a rework - I ain't wedded to those being in the array.

4) It's not my business if you don't wanna be a full polyglot. Just making sure you're aware that being able to innately speak and read all languages is like...7 points, compared to the 4 you're spending for much less capability right now.
    I'm aware and weighed this. I ultimately felt that Comprehend to get them all was a little cheap - language powers aren't an inherent part of Copycat's concept, and it felt like it'd be a point shave to do it that way, which I do kinda wanna avoid since you've been generous. Still, if you're out and out saying that it's fine... well, I'll still see since I want to juggle points a bit still, and currently this is a saving over Comprehend, but appreciate that.

5) Your helicopter's defense should be 2 points higher, but given that you've just purchased a helicopter out of the book, the mistake was made there so that's not your fault.
    Whooo! Not my fault! Ta. I'll see to adjusting that.

6) I'm going to assume that this version of "My Alibi" is not merely a bar/grill/nightclub, but is a full-blown theatre with secret underground criminal sections, and that's why it's been purchased as a frickin Huge installation. However, can you clarify what "Front Business" and "Theatre" are as features? Or their source, if they're not custom? I have a good idea of what it means, I just wanna make sure (and, if they're not custom, probably suggest "Front Business" to the Cobblepot character).
    It's actually not intended as a massive expansion up top - most of the installation is basically a C.C. cave down below (including the theater, at least as I'd envisioned it, which Cat mostly uses for recordings over live shows... which probably does frustrate her a bit) I considered sticking with Large but it felt a bit slim for the amount of features I was putting into it. Theater is from Hero High, and Front Business.... is actually a 2e feature I mistakenly thought had been carried through but hasn't. Originally Cover Facility from Agents of Freedom

Entering stage left is the theater, a dedicated performance area with a stage for plays, recitals, and concerts, and a seating area for the audience. More affluent theaters (especially in art schools) might include an orchestra pit, back areas for the actors to prepare and stagehands to store props/backdrops, workshops to build and repair props, and maybe even a control booth for lighting and sound.

-------------------

Sometimes, it’s best to hide in plain sight. In this case, the headquarters contains a large section that is dedicated to another business (which can be as mundane as a corporate bank headquarters or a security firm, or an inconspicuous office of the US Department of Agriculture). This base should be considered Concealed against Gather Information checks. This feature has the added bonus of providing paying employment (and health benefits—yes, some insurers do cover laser burns for agents) as well as a place from which to funnel funds to cover the operation.

Secret arguably covers that but arguably doesn't - the examples given are about concealing the entrance, not about putting something up top as a distraction, so I dunno. Also don't know about Theatre - it doesn't seem useful, but it was written up and it's so on brand for Cat. As is the bar. Honestly I could happily ditch the My Alibi link; I just enjoy it as Bat-lore and since C.C. got her chemical expertise from tending bar...

7) Dan Kirk's "Service Rifle", based on the available ep, is presumably a Blast 6 ability with no modifiers. It should be listed at +8 in the Offense section.
    Ayy! Forgot to link the skill in HeroLab. Thanks for the catch!

8) Excel's Flamethrower shouldn't be making an attack roll, flamethrowers are AoE only, at least the default one is, and you haven't listed that it's an altered flamethrower and its cost is the same as a normal one. This also means you could save points by turning Ranged Attack 8 (8pp) into Ranged Combat: Guns 8 (4pp), giving you some extra points to put elsewhere?
    Thanks again for the catch on the mislisted value. Buuuut I think I'll keep Ranged Attack 8. RAW Guns doesn't cover the really big guns, like vehicle mounted weapons and Copycat's own rifle. Having Excel able to throw down with whatever range weapons we come across seems potentially useful as a backup measure.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm very interested in this. Hope I'm not too late. My idea is someone who became a specter, mechanically utilizing move object/damaging for offense.

So here is Fume

I'm picturing his powers somewhat like this scene of Ms. Coulter from His Dark Materials (starting at about 1:10) but he's more entwined in the mists. They are more a part of him.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    He was born as a normal baby but soon after he learned to walk, he was hit by a car and killed. His parents hired a witch to revive him but something went wrong. Soon after the accident, he would sometimes escape his crib or get out of his carseat. His parents would just find him crawling around. Then one day they saw him get out of his crib. He turned to a black mist and moved right through his crib.

Like most criminals in Gotham, he was left on his own at a young age. His parents weren't superheroes, but worked low-level security for the Joker. Life was hard, unemployment was high, and it paid better than being a regular security guard. Batman killed them when Fume was just 11.

As he grew up, he became a specter more and more frequently. By the time he was a teenager, he had trouble even making himself into a person again. He wasn't able to stay in school and couldn't stay in an orphanage for long, so mostly grew up on the streets. While he is still much more comfortable as a specter, he now has better control over his form and can easily pass for a normal person at-will, except when he is angry or scared.

Fume is now a small time assassin in Gotham. Not really associated with any one organization but he's done small jobs for several. As far as everyone knows, Fume's power is that he can manifest guns and knives out of shadow and fight with them.

He is much more powerful than people realize, though. Unknown to almost everyone else, he is made of a black shadow (using impervious and permeate instead of incorporeal) and can also use specters to grab people and objects, or even to hide him or move him around. Due to his incorporeal nature, he can move through walls. He can turn into a pure shadow if needed.

He is carefree when it comes to danger, knowing that most things don't hurt him. He has ambition and a bit of a temper, and is especially quick to want revenge for even minor slights. But often he will stew in his anger rather than act out on it.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    While Fume has a reputation as a trustworthy guard and assassin, he is carefree and independent. He is not a yes man, but if you need an unsavory job done, he can likely do it for you. He is not deranged or psychotic, but cares little for authority. If he agrees to a contract or terms, he won't break his word, but more out of a sense of protecting his reputation than about a sense of obligation, and if he dislikes the terms and thinks he can get away with it, he might turn on his employer. He will take overly dangerous jobs for the right price. He will sometimes take them just for fun. He is incautious at best, but more likely to be outright reckless. He loves to gamble - dice, cards, or roulette, but also picking fights with people stronger than him, breaking into secure locations, or other risky behavior.

He craves attention and praise, becoming charming, outgoing and playful when he is respected. When he is slighted, however, he can become sullen, withdrawn, or argumentative. He will argue with others even if they are supposed to be more powerful. His opponents and rivals, or even just people who have had simple argument with him, have been known to disappear from Gotham with no clues as to the cause of their death.

Unknown to everyone else, he is biding his time, letting the big fish fight and take each other out so there is less competition. He knows he can't beat Batman now, so he's waiting for someone else to do it, or a group that might be able to take on the challenge. Once the time is right, he plans to strike, taking out his main competition and ruling over the city.

Spoiler: Photos
    Show
    Mostly human form (only when he is angry or scared)

When he is calm.

With his specters

As the specters attack this woman

Spoiler: Descriptions
    Show
    Human Form - in his human form he looks like a typical Gotham gangster, wearing a pinstripe suit with a fedora. When you look right at him, he looks normal, but when you see him out of the corner of your eye, you think you might see shadow or mist rising from him. It's gone again when you try to focus on him. When he gets angry or is in danger, spectral mist rises from his body. If things get worse, he lashes out with specters at those threatening him.

Specter Form - if he needs to, he can turn into one of his specters, hiding amongst them. In this form, he can fly along with the specters.

Impervious/Permeate: He is always incorporeal. If you touch him, he seems solid, but if you punch him, your hand goes through him. If you cut him, a blade goes right through him and a small amount of black mist follows its exit as the wound instantly heals.

Combat array: both of the Move Object effects are black specters that come out from him and attack people - grabbing, punching, and ripping them apart. Most people don't know he can do this ability.

The close damage effect is him manifesting knives out of shadow. Being made of shadow, his melee attacks cut through armor or tough defenses, instead allowing a parry resistance to avoid being hit. The ranged damage effect is him creating guns or throwing knives made out of shadow. These shadow weapons cause a necrotic shadow to grow from the wound, causing continued damage.

He can also use a necrotic touch with his specters which is the same thing mechanically, either ranged or close.

Flight: is him turning into a specter. He can't just fly around like Superman in his base form.

Concealment: His concealment is filling the area with specters to obscure vision while he turns into one. He can't turn invisible.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Edits: Changed incorporeal to impervious/permeate as discussed.
    Removed homing from attacks and penetrates concealment from his extended tactile sense.
    Added alternate resistance (parry) to his close attack and perception range to his ranged damage.
    Added expertise gambling for more flavor. He'll carry dice and cards with him.

PL11 220 pts.

117 Powers + 21 Advantages + 32 Abilities + 29 Saves + 21 Skills = 220

122 Powers

51 point array:
    A. Knives Damage 10, Multiattack 10, Alternate Resistance (Parry) 10, Secondary Effect 10, Accurate 6, Insidious (no visible wound), Incurable = 48

B. Gun/Throwing Knife Damage 11, Ranged (Perception) 22, Secondary Effect 11, Insidious (no visible wound), Incurable = 46

C. Single Target/Distant Specters - Move object 10 (20), Damaging 10, Accurate 6, Linked: Extra limbs 5, projection 5, Fast Grab, Improved Hold = 48

D. Multiple Targets/Close Specters - Move object 11 (22), Area burst 30’, Selective 11, Damaging 11, Precise 1, Fast Grab 1, Improved Grab 1, Improved hold 1 = 48

66 Other:
    22 Impervious, Toughness 22, permanent
    6 Movement 3, Permeate 3 6 pts.
    12 Immunity 12 Life support + Critical Hits, permanent
    2 Regeneration 2 Persistent 1, Quirk - does not work when exposed to direct sunlight
    1 Immortality 1 Quirk - does not work when exposed to direct sunlight
    3 Sense 3 – tactile: ranged, extended -1/100’, acute, (already accurate, radius).
    5 Morph 1 5 pts. - into specter form
    15 Alternate Forms
    A. Specter form (appears as an amorphous, black specter) - 14 pts.
    . . Flight 6
    . . Concealment 2 - 2 pts Normal vision, Limited (Not invisible, just hiding amongst multiple specters)
    B. Human Disguise - 1pt as AE
    . . Speed 4
    . . Movement 1 2 pts trackless
    . . Enhanced Persuasion 8
    . . Enhanced Deception 8

21 Advantages

Improved Initiative 1, Improved Smash, Hide in Plain sight, Takedown 2, All Out Attack, Power Attack, Evasion 2, Uncanny Dodge, Move By Action, Luck 5, Inspire 5

32 Abilities

Str 0
    Sta 11
    Dex 0
    Agility 0
    Fight 0
    Int 1
    Aware 4
    Pres 0

29 Saves

Dodge 11
    Parry 11
    Fort. 0 + 11
    Tough 0 +11
    Will 7 + 4 = 11

21 Skills

Perception 8 + 4 = 12
    Persuasion 4 + 8 Enhanced = 12 in human form
    Deception 4 + 8 Enhanced = 12 in human form
    Insight 6 + 4 = 10
    Stealth 10
    Expertise: Gambling 10 (counting cards, playing craps, football lines, etc.)

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    A. Knives Damage 11, Multiattack 11, Alternate Resistance (Parry) 11, Secondary Effect 11, Accurate 6, Insidious (no visible wound), Incurable = 48

Knives, close +12 to hit, Multiattack (+0/+2/+5 or -1 per target),
    DC25 Parry Save, Secondary effect.

B. Gun/Throwing Knife Damage 11, Ranged (Perception but not through obstacles) 22, Secondary Effect 11, Insidious (no visible wound), Incurable = 46

Guns/Knives, Perception range, DC26 Toughness, Secondary effect.

C. Single Target/Distant Specters - Move object 10 (20), Damaging 10, Accurate 6, Linked: Extra limbs 5, projection 5, Fast Grab, Improved hold = 48

+12 to hit, DC25 Tough for damage, DC25 STR or Dodge or grabbed (Extra limbs)
    1st = immobile and vulnerable, 2nd = defenseless, immobile and impaired
    DC25 STR or dodge to escape (Improved Hold), DC25 damage, DC20 STR to move

D. Multiple Targets/Close Specters - Move object 11 (22), Area burst 30’, Selective 11, Damaging 11, Precise 1, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold = 48

30’ Selective Burst. DC21 Dodge for half, then DC26 (or 21) tough for damage and DC21 (or 16) STR or Dodge or grabbed.
    1st = immobile and vulnerable, 2nd = defenseless, immobile and impaired
    DC26 STR or dodge to escape (Improved Hold), DC26 damage, DC21 STR to move

Spoiler: Complications
    Show

Ambition: He is trying to be the most powerful villain in Gotham.
    Greed: He will do unsavory work for money.
    Thrills: Or even just for the fun of it.
    Secret He keeps his specter powers hidden
    Hatred: He wants to get back at Batman, of course.
    Weakness: -1 Circumstance bonus when in bright sunlight (Ok if cloudy, shade, indoors, or night)

Spoiler: Apartment
    Show
    He lives in a small, high-rise apartment (-2) in a nice part of town. (Apparently the same high rise as everyone else). The apartment isn't concealed and has one noticeable bedroom that he never sleeps in. There is another sealed room (+1) that doesn't have a door or any windows or even ventilation. You can only get in by going through the walls. Inside, there is only a radiator and he keeps the room dark and warmer than normal, which is how he likes it. Includes benefit of wealth (well-off) (+1)

Spoiler: Summon
    Show
    His specters are mostly represented by his move object abilities. I might add a low-level Summon to his array. Since it would be in his combat array, he couldn't attack while he maintained his summons. They would be used for long-range scouting, probing for enemies, perhaps to absorb a first round of attacks, and as a block if he needs to retreat.

49 point summon

1 flat + 8 per rank (summons 4 specters)

Summon 6 (12), Multiple 2 (24), Horde (6), Active (6), Mental Link = 49

6*15 = 90PP

20 Insubstantial 4
    12 STR 6
    6 Affects Substantial 6 (applies to STR attack)
    12 Flight 6 (12)
    4 Movement, Permeate 2
    8 Senses 8 - tactile: ranged, extended -1/100’, acute, penetrates concealment (already accurate, radius)
    6 Comm link 2, (1 mile) Mental link, Limited, only with Fume.
    13 Perception 10, Stealth 10, Close combat 6
    9 Advantages - Interpose, Move-by Action, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Tracking, Precise Attack 2 (close, concealment, cover)
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-03-09 at 01:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

On the one hand, I can't be Fluffy.

On the other hand, this does sound like a heck of a fun time.

Hm... Let me see if inspiration strikes.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

I need to sit down and do the backstory, but I have run out of time at the moment. So, while not done, I at least want to share the WIP for my Super-Hacker

Z3R0, Queen Of Cyber-Space
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler: Copycat's reactions
    Show
    Martin "Macaroni" Cobblepot: "Our illustrious heir in residence. Big Mac has a monumental task before him. The city's organized crime elements have never proven easy to preside over. Yet he's quite passionate, driven to honour his father, or perhaps outdo him. When an implacable man meats an impossible goal things tend to get... interesting. If he had work for me, I'd be happy to hear his pitch."
    Theodore Black/Dee: "Ah, a man of culture. Doc Theo and I have done business a few times. He's got quite a collection of interesting artifacts, and is a discerning buyer too. As such we've each been able throw some custom in the other's direction. He's on the proud side, but I like to think we get along. It's not every day you meet someone else fluent in Latin in this town."
    Dr. Yvonne Nacium: *shiver* "They say there's a magic to the stage, but genuine hocus pocus is solidly not my department. Vonnie knows her stuff, fine, but that is not a human you're dealing with. Not entirely. Perhaps my own phobias are on display here, but I find it hard to trust an ever-watchful hellspawn. After dealing with her, it's truly tempting to 'get religion'..."
    Appleseed: "The plucky young teen rebel of the hour, and the one man in Gotham who can almost match my talents. As much as I enjoy my share of drama, the familial squabbling between 'seed, Isley and Quinzel is far too dangerous for my blood. I like a little excitement just fine, but I'm not crazy. Still, it is in the best traditions of our class to wish the young man well. What are we, if not liberated? If I were to weigh in, it would likely be in the boy's defense."
    Steelpunch: "'What use has a puppet with severed strings?', asks Jervis Tetch? 'Why, dear Hatter.' I reply. 'All the use in the world. All you need is to forge some new ones.' That's what I think of with the Liuwan girl. A creature of infinite potential and possibility, her ties to her past life all but severed, waiting for only a hand to guide her. For now she chases her brother's safety, but if that solitary thread were to finally snap... ahh. What fine clay for the shaping she could make."
    Shogun: "A star! An honest star in Gotham. And a binary star at that, cold blue fire orbiting the brighter yellow, falling behind it from the viewpoint of the wider world. Complete openness as a front for a vault of secrets and shadows. The lady knows how to intrigue me dearly. I would not dare to speak for our honourable Shogun-to-be, but it would be foolish of me not to keep at least something of an eye on her. Were any up-and-comer to prove a rival to Martin..."
    Man-Bat: "Ah! Poor, dear Franny! Most of us fell into this life through one bad turn or another, but the young Miss Langstrom never seems to have had a chance of anything else. 'What could, perhaps should have been?' Well, a hypothetical question in the end. Regardless, don't make the tourist's mistake of underestimating her. Franny is quite the wit, and was raised by two brilliant scientists. I am proud to view her as a peer in our strange little Gothamite society."
    Cere-Belo: *fidgets* "The mind is the one thing we have that is forever truly ours. An inviolate sanctum, a palace of our will and imagination. Mentalists and mesmerists make me uneasy. That's as true for figures like Hugo Strange and John Crane as it is for the ex-Falcone. You'll forgive me if I'm none too enthusiastic about his company."
    Street Justice: "Well... he's not the Bat. He's a little melodramatic, even by my standards, but there's a place for that. If he's willing to meet with us and not hit people with that hammer, I say we hear him out. What's the worst that can happen?"
    Fume: "Up and coming metahuman, right? We haven't crossed paths yet - he's been going for humbler faire. It would be interesting to see him get a shot at the big time..."
    Z3R0: "Class act. She's not above a putdown or three... or five, but she knows what she's doing and is as professional as you could ask for. If you've enough humility to endure her barbs, you won't find a better partner in Gotham."
    Protean: "One more verse in a cycle that runs through Gotham's history. As Pamela Isley is to Jason Woodrew, as Harleen Quinzel is to the Joker, as some say the Joker is to the Bat and the Bat is to some misguided malefactor, the list goes on. Protean has proven himself however: the man is reliable, trustworthy muscle with a significant weight class. If you need backup for a big fight, I can't recommend him highly enough."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2021-02-27 at 05:46 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Withdrawn
    Show

Protean
    Origin: Experimentation
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 380 lbs
    Hair: None
    Eyes: Black
    Unusual Features: Eyes are solid black, skin is rough as if heavily scarred, pocked or lightly burned. Due to the density of his tissues he is much heavier than he looks.
    Attributes: 96 Defenses: 0 Advantages: 24 Skills: 29 Powers: 91 Total: 240, PL 10

Show
    Strength: 8
    Stamina: 10
    Agility: 10
    Dexterity:
    Fighting: 10
    Intellect:
    Awareness: 10
    Presence:

Powers:
    • Morphic Movement: Protean is able to shift his limbs, center of gravity and muscle groups as needed to adapt to different surfaces and environments while moving.
      Safe Fall, Alternate Effect 3, Innate. 6 Points
      • Slithering
      • Swinging
      • Wall-Crawling
    • Morphic Body: Protean's entire body can shift states from liquid to humanoid. He can rearrange his entire mass to meet whatever challenge is ahead of him. Capabilities range from running and leaping to altering the details of his body structure to be more frightening or stealthy.
      Speed 5, Alternate Effect 5, Innate. 11 Points
      • Swimming 5
      • Flight, Winged 5
      • Enhanced Skill: Stealth 10
      • Enhanced Skill: Intimidation 10
      • Insubstantial 1
    • Elongation 2. 2 Points
    • Regeneration 5, Innate. 6 points
    • Immunity: Life Support 10, Critical Hits 2, Entrapment 5, Sensory Affliction 5, Innate. 23 Points
    • Morphic Attacks: Protean is capable of virtually exploding with tendrils, tearing through any enemies unlucky enough to be close to him with bladed bony portrusions and caustic tentacles. When engaging in more traditional combat his hands and arms generally sprout countless blades and spikes to lacerate and impale whatever he strikes.
      Enhanced Strength: Area Burst 1, Selective, Alternate Effect 1, Innate. 18 Points
      • Multiattack 8, Penetrating, Innate.
    • Refined Palate: The nature of his body allows Protean to smell and taste his immediate surroundings through the surface of his skin. Through concentration he can restructure those nerves to his visual senses as needed.
      Senses, Olfactory: Accurate 4, Acute 2, Analytical 2, Ranged 1, Tracking 1, Alternate Effect 1, Innate. 12 Points
      • Darkvision 2, Infravision 1, Low Light Vision 1, Radius (Visual) 2, Ultravision 1, Innate
    • Bio-Shroud: By shifting the arrangement and pigmentation of his flesh Protean can allow light to partially pass through his body as well as suppressing much of the sound and scent it produces. The process is imperfect however, and produces more of a Predator style blurring effect than true invisibility.
      Concealment 10, all senses except Tactile, Limited: Partial Concealment -1/R, Innate. 11 Points
    • The Emperor's New Clothes: Given the nature of his powers, Protean generally does not wear clothing. Luckily for everyone around him he is able to use his own biological material to create aproximations of clothing that are indistinguishable from the real thing.
      Feature: Quick Change 2, Innate. 3 Points

Equipment: Smart Phone 4,
    Advantages: Agile Feint, All out Attack, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit Cypher 5, Close Attack 2, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Critical 4 Unarmed, Improved Initiative 2, Precise Attack 2 (Close Combat, Cover and Concealment), Prone Fighting, Uncanny Dodge
    Skills: Acrobatics 10, Athletics 8, Expertise: Chef 20, Insight 5, Intimidate 5, Perception 10.

Complications:
    • Motivation: Family: Aaron's family believes him dead but he has made it his priority to ensure that they are still taken care of. His primary goal in seeking employment is someone who will be sure the families bills are paid anonymously and helps to protect them from whoever kidnapped him.
      Revenge: Protean wants to find out who snatched him and make them pay.
    • Identity: Secret, Presumed dead.
    • Other:

Combat:
    • Initiative: +18
    • Dodge: 10
    • Parry: 10
    • Fortitude: 10
    • Toughness: 10
    • Will: 10

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aaron was your average Joe with a wife, two kids, a picket fence and a two car garage. The owners of Gusteau's had opened a new location and he landed the Head Chef position, life was good! Existence was picturesque for several years until one night after a food critic had visited the restaurant, Aaron simply disappeared. He had left the restaurant for home and never arrived, no trace of him or his car were ever found.

One moment Aaron was driving home and the next he awoke in a bucket inside a holding cell. Literally inside a bucket, pooled up as biological liquid. In his panic he discovered that he still very much had control over the muscles and managed to spill himself across the floor. Over the coming weeks he gained control over his body and was able to force his mass back to an approximation of his original appearance. He had gained some mass, being larger than he was previously and his control was somewhat lacking, leaving him looking heavily scarred with pocks and burns across his entire body.

As he developed better control over his new body Aaron sought to escape. While his captors had heavily reinforced the cell in the manner traditionally seen in Mental Hospital isolation cells he was able to bash the door hard enough to create space that he could flow through by falling to liquid goo again. The cell turned out to be a converted room in a small townhouse with no occupants to be found.

Aaron's control over his powers was unreliable at best, and he still didn't know what had happened to him or who had done it. He couldn't risk going back to his family, as someone was likely to try and recapture him at some point. Instead of returning home, he vanished into the dark streets of Gotham. As his control grew he hired on as muscle for the kind of people who wouldn't ask questions. His price, to provide for his family and be sure they are kept safe.

OOC: Aaron was a genetic match for an alien DNA experiment being performed by Dabney Donovan. He was kidnapped while driving home and infused with a non-terrestrial being of indeterminate origin. He was unconscious for several months while research was performed on his new biology. It was determined that his form was unstable and it was unlikely that Dr. Donovan's facility would be able to reliably control him once he awakened. He was then placed into the holding cell to observe his mental capabilities and state upon regaining consciousness and further observation once he escaped the cell.

Feedback addressed.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2021-03-07 at 06:43 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I'll fill in the rest later, but basically he's an experimental super soldier who was deployed in Gotham to both kill criminals, and test himself against Batman, but got so obsessed with beating the Bat be started crossing the line into being a criminal himself and was fired by his handlers.

Spoiler: Lt Walter Pierce, aka Trace
    Show
    Powers:
    Power Level 11
    Power Points: 220

Abilities: 22ppts
    Str: 0
    Dex: 0
    Agi: 0
    Sta: 11
    Int: 0
    Awa: 0
    Pres: 0
    Fight: 0

Defenses: 33ppts
    Initiative: +12
    Toughness: +11
    Fort: +11
    Dodge: +11
    Will: +11
    Parry: +11

Skills: 90ppts
    Athletics +20, Vehicles +20, Perception +20, Investigation +10, Insight +10, Close Combat +11, Ranged Combat +11, Expertise (History) +20, Expertise (Occult) +20, Expertise (Local) 18, Deception +20

Advantages: 15ppts
    Power Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Accurate Attack, Takedown, Improved Initiative (3), Move-By Action, Improved Trip, Fast Grab, Tracking, Luck, Instant Up, Quick Draw

Powers: 60ppts
    Enhanced Physiology
    -Enhanced Strength 5 (1600 lbs, lifting only) 5ppts
    -Speed 4 (30mph) 4ppts
    -Senses 10 (Analytical/Rapid Sight, Acute Hearing, Darkvision, Micro Vision 2, Tracking Vision, Acute Scent, Analytical Scent) 10ppt

Systema: Close Combat Array
    Damage 11 (Alternate 1) 12ppts
    -Affliction 11 (Pain, vs Fortitude, Dazed/Defenseless/Incapacitated)

Arsenal: Ranged Combat Array
    Dragon SAF: Damage 11 (Ranged, Multiattack, Removable (-7) Alternate 3) 29ppts
    -Control Grenade: Affliction 8 (vs Fortitude, Ranged, Area: Burst, Hindered/Immobile/Paralyzed, Penetrating 9)
    -Thermite Shot: Damage 11 (Ranged, Penetrating 11)
    -Grapnel Attachment: Movement: Swinging

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Trace is a former special forces soldier trained in unconventional tactics, criminology, and spycraft, and for these reasons he was chosen to be a test subject in Project Mongoose, a program funded by Amanda Waller to use what was learned by operating the Suicide Squad to create an ideal soldier to replace the need to use brain bombs and convicted criminals, and eventually supplant the capes all together. Genetic treatments were used to augment the human body, especially the senses, and combined with special equipment and weapons. Lt Pierce was chosen, along with several others, to be the first generation of these soldiers. They were sent to different places all over the world with different tasks, as tests of their abilities. Pierce was sent to Gotham, the place overconfidence goes to die, and given the task of killing Batman.

That was two years ago, and in that time Pierce has become little better than the city's other twisted personalities, forced to interact with the worst of the worst in his effort to complete his mission. But when he was arrested, his face put on TV for helping Black mask, he was ejected from the program, disavowed, left to fend for himself. Since then he's been forced to work an a mercenary in Gotham, learning more about the criminal underworld, slowly working his way to another shot at the Bat, his one hope of being welcomed back to the fold. Which might just be what Waller wanted all along...

Show

Government Payroll
    He may be a criminal now, but Trace has years of experience working for the government, as a spook and a soldier, so he knows how they operate, but also he's a known quantity to many federal agencies, they know his name, his face, and his history, and he owes a lot of favors to a lot of people. And those obligations stand to make his life very complicated.

Bash the Bat
    Trace's reason for being in Gotham. He will chase leads, interrogate witnesses, and hunt down anyone who might have a hint as to who he is. Getting Batman is the only way he has back into the fold, and if he thinks he has a shot, there is very little he won't do to get it. He'll make deals with anyone he has to, betray anyone who stands to get in his way.

Good Soldier
    What he still aspires to be. Despite every crime he commits, he justifies it to himself by saying it's for the greater good. If he succeeds in his mission, it will mean the start of a new era in superhuman law enforcement. He will be the start of a new, military alternative that will replace the Justice League, he'll be a hero, maybe there'll even be a monument to him...

Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2021-03-03 at 07:04 PM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Bobthewizard
    Show
    1) Insubstantial isn't insurmountable, so it's acceptable. You can go permeate+impervious to save points. Given that it's innate and you're talking like he's permanently incorporeal, I'd recommend making sure to make a note that it's permanent duration instead of the default sustained duration.

2) What is "Projection" for your distant attack?

3) Secondary Effect is a little weird on a melee attack, but can make sense (poisons, for example). "Homing" is very weird on a melee attack. Can you give me a more thorough attack description to give me an idea of why if the sword missed, it'll swing on its own the next round?

4) Your "blindsight" senses letting you see with ranged touch is a little weird, but it doesn't have anywhere near enough range to be truly problematic. You might wanna make it Acute, though, so that you can differentiate between different targets and detect fine details.

Spoiler: NineOfSpades
    Show
    1) You've got Benefit 10 listed, but only Benefit 8, with the latter matching your overall Advantage cost.

2) Enhanced Technology would normally cost 1pp/2 ranks, therefore a Limited would make it 1pp/3 ranks, not 1pp/4 ranks, so Enhanced Technology 8 should cost 3pp, not 2pp as it is here.

3) What is "Lucky"?

4) You're not at PL for Dodge/Parry/Toughness, just making sure you're aware.

Spoiler: Warlawk
    Show
    1) You've taken 28 advantages, and they're listed as 27pp.

2) Improved Critical 4 applies to particular attacks, not just in general.

3) Movement 5 (Sure Footed 5) costs 10 points, and could spend 1pp on an Alternate Effect to get the other four Movement abilities, so your cost shouldn't be that different.

4) Your "Morphic Body" has a 5pp array with 6 alternate effects. One of them should cost 10pp (as mentioned above) since it would be Movement 5...but Slow Fall 5 isn't a thing, and you already have Slow Fall in the array mentioned in point 3, so you could remove it from this array and make this array cost 10pp instead of 11.

5) Can you explain the Enhanced Strength array in more detail, please?

6) While in general putting Enhanced Skills in an array is usually a bad sign, given the fluff I can kinda see the justification for these two in particular, so don't worry about it.

70 Your current total is 235, but is listed as 225.

Spoiler: Rhyvurg
    Show
    1) Attributes should cost 22pp, not 21.

2) Your attacks are rank 11, but your attack bonuses are +12, too high for your PL.

3) Control Grenade is at 24pp, and can be up to 33pp based on the base power. You could add another modifier - maybe bigger area, maybe make it penetrating, maybe secondary effect? idk. Thermite shot is at 27pp, and can be up to 33pp. Not sure what to do there, except maybe more penetrating? Eh.

4) Powers in total should cost 60pp, not 51pp.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Apogee1's Stranger Things Mafia

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Spoiler: Bobthewizard
    Show
    1) Insubstantial isn't insurmountable, so it's acceptable. You can go permeate+impervious to save points. Given that it's innate and you're talking like he's permanently incorporeal, I'd recommend making sure to make a note that it's permanent duration instead of the default sustained duration.

2) What is "Projection" for your distant attack?

3) Secondary Effect is a little weird on a melee attack, but can make sense (poisons, for example). "Homing" is very weird on a melee attack. Can you give me a more thorough attack description to give me an idea of why if the sword missed, it'll swing on its own the next round?

4) Your "blindsight" senses letting you see with ranged touch is a little weird, but it doesn't have anywhere near enough range to be truly problematic. You might wanna make it Acute, though, so that you can differentiate between different targets and detect fine details.
    Thanks for the feedback!

1. I will go with Impervious/Permeate/Morph if you are ok with the fluff. It is much simpler mechanically.

2. Projection means that the extra limbs aren't really limbs, they are projections of the effect. In this case, it is multiple specters. So when he attacks a single target, multiple specters try to grab/punch it at once.

3. I was trying to represent a mobile, quick-strike swordmaster using a flurry of blows type attack, but you are right. They are too complicated, so I'm going to remove them.

4. Added Acute. I confused it with Accurate. I can also reduce Penetrates Concealment to Counters Concealment if that is problematic. I was picturing the specters moving freely through walls, but if it would be disruptive, I can easily reduce it.

5. With his leftover points, I added Immortality. If Immortality takes away some of the tension, I can add points to skills instead.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-03-09 at 10:50 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Posting interest, thinking about a janitor themed villain, equipped with some high-tech 'cleaning' supplies. Cleaning up the city in a bit more literal sense of the word.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

1. I will go with Impervious/Permeate/Morph if you are ok with the fluff. It is much simpler mechanically.

2. Projection means that the extra limbs aren't really limbs, they are projections of the effect. In this case, it is multiple specters. So when he attacks a single target, multiple specters try to grab/punch it at once.

3. The Secondary Effect and Homing represent him twirling his blades, spinning, and attacking multiple times as he attacks. As the fight goes on, he attacks more and more quickly. So the Secondary Effect is not the same attack doing more damage, it is hitting with another attack. Homing is not the same blade coming back, it is using another attack. I was trying to represent a mobile, quick-strike swordmaster using a flurry of blows type attack. So same mechanics as Secondary Effect and Homing, but totally different fluff. If you don't like it I can take them out. I hope to use his Move Object grapples much more than the swords.

4. Added Acute. I confused it with Accurate. I can also reduce Penetrates Concealment to Counters Concealment if that is problematic. I was picturing the specters moving freely through walls, but if it would be disruptive, I can easily reduce it.

5. With his leftover points, I added Immortality 3, having him come back to life in 4 days. If Immortality takes away some of the tension, I can add 5 points of skills instead.
    Yeah I did think it was weird you had Accurate on tactile when it's already accurate. Penetrates Concealment is fine, given the range limitation.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harbringer View Post
    Posting interest, thinking about a janitor themed villain, equipped with some high-tech 'cleaning' supplies. Cleaning up the city in a bit more literal sense of the word.
    Sounds neat!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yeah I did think it was weird you had Accurate on tactile when it's already accurate. Penetrates Concealment is fine, given the range limitation.
    I decided to get rid of the Homing effect on the sword attack. Multiattack should give that feel well enough and is less complicated.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-03-03 at 12:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

OK I'm almost done now, just have a couple more points to spend and just crossing the Is and dotting the Ts on my background. I also moved everything into a Google doc cause I find that easier.

Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2021-03-01 at 04:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, barring the specifics of the minions (which might be better served in a better form anyway), I think I'm done.

Presenting The Janitor

Spoiler: Basic Information
    Show
    Name: Ajax Burton
    Aliases, monikers, and nicknames: The Janitor, The Streetsweep, Mr. Clean, Cleanup
    Height: 6'4''
    Eyes: Grey
    Hair: Bald (formerly black)
    Skin: Caucasian

Physical Description: Ajax is a large man, built like a brick ****house. His head is shaved bald, and he meticulous about his grooming. He usually wears sturdy overalls or similar streetclothes.
    When he is on the job, he wears a dark blue battle armour, styled somewhat after a janitor's outfit, combined with the large Sanitizer pack, a tool belt of 'cleaning supplies', and a face covering helmet.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    "It's high time someone cleaned up this goddamned city."

Ajax Burton has worked most of his adult life in the custodial branch, slowly working his way up the ladder as he jumped from organisation to organisation in Gotham. The last legit job he had was as the head custodian of Gotham University. Here, in this bulwark of education, and (as this is Gotham) birthplace of many a wackjob, was where the Janitor was born.
    While the occasional mad scientists that started their track into insanity at the university were enough to make Ajax’s a lot more difficult, at least they usually had the decency to keep their mayhem to their labs and offices, rather than spreading it out over the entire campus. Meanwhile, whenever there’s some nutcase holed up in the basement, the goddamned Batman flies in ‘saving the day’ and thrashing half the campus! And forget about him sticking around to help with the cleanup, no, the second the psycho is apprehended the dark knight is nowhere to be found.
    It was this endless parade of irritation that eventually drove Ajax over the edge, leading him to adopt the moniker of the Janitor, a villain obsessed with cleanliness, maintenance, and hygiene. Using the skills he had learned after years of working odd jobs and maintenance,. as well as the occasional classes he had audited, he developed an arsenal of high-powered cleaning supplies, most notably the Sanitiser, a large device worn like a backpack, with several tanks filled with hot water, soaps, acids, and a separate empty compartment, and a handheld nozzle, with which Ajax can fire of various jets of scalding and/or caustic fluids, or use it as a powerful vacuum.
    Initially, his criminal activity was fairly rampant and unguided (or as rampant and unguided a cleaning themed criminal spree can be, anyway), but eventually he calmed down somewhat, and nowadays he and his small crew oftentimes act as an hired cleanup crew for the criminal underbelly of Gotham, dealing with the cleaning and removal of crime scenes where discretion is more important than making a point, or where custom tech might fall in the hands of officials (assuming the Bat hasn’t taken it into custody already).

Show
    Motivation: Revenge: This city has disrupted, undone, and worsened his job one too many times, and it's time the place got cleaned out, one way or another
    Obsession: Ajax is obsessed with cleanliness, hygiene, and maintenance, and keeps a strict daily hygiene routine. He hates anyone who makes an unnecessary mess, undue mayhem or destruction, or makes more work for him.
    Enemy: The Riddler: Although he isn't the biggest fan of most of the more insane rogues gallery in Gotham, his emnity with the Nigma is more personal, and reciprocated. The Riddler sees him as an uneducated talentless baboon only barely good enough for menial labour, intent on disrupting his schemes, while Ajax finds the Riddler an annoying piece of **** that leaves garish green paint and stupid death traps all over town, all in the name of some dumbass game he's playing with the Bat.
    Hatred: The Batman. Kinda obvious one really
    Responsibility: Cleansweep Sanitation: Both a legitimate business and a coverup for his less scrupulous cleaning services, Ajax has to make sure his company keeps running and his clients don't come complaining about water stains or missed body parts.

Show
    PL11, 220pp

Advantages
    Equipment 6, Great Endurance, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Expertise: Janitoral Duties), Power Attack, 8x Minion 1, Benefit (Gotham Villain 1)
    19pp

Abilities
    str 5, int 4, sta 7, Awe 3, Agi 1, Dex 3, Fig 2, Pre 0
    50pp

Skills
    Athletics 10, Expertise (Janitoral Duties) 17, Ranged Combat 8 (Sanitizer), Vehicle 5, Technology 12, Intimidation 10, Perception 10, Close Combat (Unarmed) 6
    39pp

Powers
    Custiodial Equipment: Removable 112-23 = 89pp
    -Janitor's Garb: Immunity 10 (Airborn Toxins, Olfactory Affliction effects), Protection 6, Senses 4 (Darkvision, Analytical 1 Microscopic 1 Sight) 20pp

-Vaccuum Storage And Waste Destruction: Feature 2 (Hidden storage compartment, garbage shredder) 2pp

-Sanitizer: Array of Effects 54pp
    -Paint Stripper: Ranged Weaken Toughness 7, Affects Objects, Secondary Effect, Linked to Ranged Damage, Secondary Effect 7 49pp
    -High Pressure Jet: Ranged Damage 11, Penetrating 11, Multiattack 1pp
    -Water Hose: Cone Area Damage 11 1pp
    -Douse: Cone Area Nullify Water-Soluble effects 7, Broad, Simultaneous, Effortless 1pp
    -Blinding Detergent: Ranged Affliction (Impaired, Disabled, Unaware) 11, Limited to Vision, resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude, Cumulative, Multiattack 1p
    -High-Powered Vacuum: Move Object 2, Limited Direction (toward user), Concentration

-Cleaning Supplies: Array of effects 36pp
    -Wax Bomb: Ranged Burst Area Affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone) 11, Resisted and Overcome by Dodge, Extra Condition, Limited Degree 33pp
    -Ground Wax Bomb: Ranged Continuous Environment (Impede Movement 2) 1
    -Lemon-Fresh Bomb: Ranged Cloud Affliction (Dazed, Stunned) 11, Limited Degree, Cumulative, Smell-Dependent 1pp
    -Sud Bomb: Ranged Cloud Visual Concealment Attack 2 1pp

Defenses
    Dodge: 7 (1+6)
    Parry: 7 (2+5)
    Will: 10 (3+7)
    Fortitude: 12 (7+5)
    Toughness: 15
    23pp

19+50+39+89+23 = 220pp

Equipment
    Smartphone 4ep
    Multi-tool 1ep
    Comm Link 1ep

Vehicle
    Cleansweep Van 12 ep
    Size: Huge
    Strength 9
    Speed 5
    Defense 6
    Toughness 11
    Features: Oil Slick, Navigation System, Alarm

Headquarters
    Cleansweep HQ 12ep
    Size: Medium
    Toughness: 8
    Features: Comms, Computer, Fire Prevention, Garage, Living Space, Personnel, Secret, Security, Workshop

Cleansweep Employees
    Str 0 Sta 0 Agi 0 Dex 0 Fig 0 Int 1 Awe 1 Pre -1
    Expertise: Janitoral Duties 10, Technology 6, Vehicle 4, Athletics 4
    Equipment 1 (Smartphone 4ep, Shared Company Truck 1ep each)
    Company Truck 8ep: size Huge, Strength 9, speed 5, Defense 6, Toughness 9, Features: hidden compartment
    Last edited by Harbringer; 2021-03-09 at 09:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

List Of Character Submissions. Feel free to copy/edit/add to this as you see fit.

Roulette, Welcome To My Casino, Will You Gamble Your Life?(NineOfSpades)

Martin "Macaroni" Cobblepot, Son Of The Penguin (Dreamking)

Copycat, Showstopping Explosive Expert (Inspector Valin)

Overhoulser, Big Boss & Henchmen (dangelo)

Theodore Dee Dark-Arts Alchemist (Genth)

The Watcher, Demon-Bound Stalker (greenpotato)

Appleseed, Child Of Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn (CardTrick)

Steelpunch, Literal Punching Machine (Heavenblade)

Shogun, Rising Queen Of The Underworld (BananaPhone)

Franny Langstrom, Daughter Of Man-Bat (Phobia)

Cere-Bello, The Brains of the operation, capiche? (Seandiggersby)

Estrella Negra, Quantum-Luchadora (wantgame)

Street Justice, Judge, Jury, & Executioner (Kobold-Bard)

Fume, Smoking Can Kill (Bobthewizard)

Protean, Bio-morphing Predator (Warlawk)

Unnamed Character, Living Weapon Turned Lose (Rhyvurg)

The Janitor, Taking out the trash (Harbringer)
    Last edited by NineOfSpades; 2021-03-10 at 04:36 PM.
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground

@AvatarVecna If you have a chance to review /comment / suggest for my submission for Concept/build notes and background sections that would rock. Meanwhile off to do crunch.

Since I am no MnM or comics expert, I welcome any one else who wants to chime as well.

Estrella Negra

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Rules Set: PL 11, 220 PP

Secret Identity: Dr. Abraxas Thule
    Villain Identity: Continuum

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Dr. Abraxas Thule has always been a curious man. He was the top of his class in grad school while he was getting his doctorate in archeology, and he now teaches at the grad school he studied at as a full-time faculty. He was taught and currently teaches at the most prestigious archeological university in the world, Cornell University. Part of his doctoral research was learning what the natives who lived in Gotham did with a set of tools was used for.

Spoiler: Abilities (134 PP)
    Show

Dr. Abraxas Thule, AKA Continuum, has made a name for himself throughout the galaxy as being almost supernaturally intelligent, wise, and charming, and he takes good care of his health. He finds melee combat distasteful, though, and has never put any real practice into it.

+20 Intellect (40 points)
    +20 Awareness (40 points)
    +20 Presence (40 points)
    -5 Fighting (-10 points)
    -1 Strength (-2 points)
    -1 Agility (-2 points)
    +7 Fortitude (14 points)
    +7 Dexterity (14 points)

Spoiler: Powers Array (Spacetime Manipulation Powers)
    Show

Spoiler: Replay (12 points)
    Show
    Dr. Abraxas Thule can use his enchanted gauntlets to cause time to “jump” backwards, essentially replaying the recent past in a way that allows events to occur differently for a different outcome. For example, after a victim is struck by an oncoming car, he might replay the moment the victim steps off the sidewalk, allowing him the opportunity to intervene and save them.
    In game terms, this power is a Feature added to Precognition; Dr. Abraxas Thule gains knowledge of the future by living through it, and can use that knowledge to “re-do” certain events, trying to cause them to come out differently. Dr. Abraxas Thule can do this once per game session per rank in Feature.

Replay: Senses 4 (Precognition), Feature 10 (retcon events), Removable 1 (-1 point per 5 points final cost)• 5 points +1 point per additional Feature rank • 1512 points

Spoiler: Time Portal (12 points)
    Show
    Dr. Abraxas Thule can use his enchanted gauntlets to open a portal or gateway to a different point in time, allowing himself or others to step through it and travel to that time. The portal is 6 feet across and remains in existence so long as Continuum/Abraxas take a standard action each round to maintain it. The exact effects of time travel depend on the nature of the setting.

Time Portal: Movement 3 (Time Travel 3), Portal, Removable 1 (-1 point per 5 points final cost) • 1512 points

Spoiler: Age Manipulation 33 points
    Show
    Exerting control over a discrete portion of time, Abraxas/Continuum can point at anybody he can see while wearing his enchanted gauntlets to cause a target to rapidly grow older or younger, even to the point of death (or birth) where they cease to exist! The primary effect of this power is to strip away some of the target’s capabilities: reducing physical abilities due to extreme age or youth, perhaps even reducing or removing mental abilities due to infirmity or immaturity. Ultimately, the mechanical effects are similar. This power can also be used to effect the age of nonliving objects to make them break down or decay, or be brought backwards in age to when they would be less effective.

Age Manipulation Mechanics: Cumulative Affliction (aging; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Transformed), Affects Objects and Living Creatures, Increased Range 2 (Perception), Reversible, Removable 1 (-1 point per 5 points final cost)
    • 3 points per rank • 11 Ranks • 34 28 points

Alternate Effect: This Age Manipulation power can also be used to heal and strengthen people and objects who are very young or very old by either advancing or restoring them to prime condition. In addition, this can be used to heal people. People targeted by this may still want to resist the effect for some reason, though, for while this isn't a damaging effect like the base power, there may be reasons they don't want to be healed or younger or older, so there is a fortitude resistance like the base power.

Alternate Effect Mechanics: Variable 4, Affects Self or Others, Affects Objects, Ranged, Perception, Improved Duration (Sustained to Continuous), Removable 1, Limited (positive/negative effects of advancing or regressing age not covered by base power, or for healing damage/wounds), Resistible and Overcome by Fortitude • 10 points per rank • 40 32 points

Spoiler: Portal Blast
    Show
    Abraxis/Continuum open a small portal to project a stream of matter or energy from another location, aiming it at your target. The Variable Descriptor modifier allows you to project any Damage effect with an environmental descriptor: cold, fire, lighting, water, and so forth. As he can place the portal (the origin point of the attack) somewhere other than directly in front of him, this power has the Indirect 4 modifier as well.

Spoiler: Teleportal
    Show
    Abraxis/Continuum can open a portal, essentially a hole or gateway connect- ing two distant points in space. Anyone can move through the portal, exiting to wherever it goes. The portal is about 6 feet across and remains in existence so long as you take a standard action each round to maintain it.

Teleportal: Teleport, Portal, Accurate, Easy, Extended, Turnabout, Removable 1 • 1 point +4 points per rank • 13 ranks • 91 73 points

Spoiler: Astroportal
    Show

Note: I'd love to be part of a set with Genth. Our characters have a similar theme and would complement each other.

Question: When I added the "Alternate Effect" to "Age Manipulation", did I do that right? I've never done an array within an array before.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2021-03-01 at 09:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dear Ra's

Thank you for inquiring as to my health. Truthfully, my involvement in the whole Eyes of the Ravana affair was relatively minimal, but it did nevertheless bring a rather well known acquaintance of yours across my doorstep. You see, I had been about ready to turn in for the night, and was in the pantry placing away my box of Kopong Darjeeling, when I felt a presence behind me in the shadows. I have narry a clue about how the Detective managed to slip my wards, but nevertheless, there he was. I must admit, between friends even I felt a quiver of fear within my heart. I inquired of him his purpose within my abode, feigning confidence to a degree. He demanded, in gravel tones, who I sold the Eleventh Eye of Ravana to.

Now this came as a shock to me, as indeed I had managed to procure the Eleventh Eye rather recently - a curious trinket with little power in of itself, but as per the legend of great power were it brought together with the other nineteen. I informed the Batman that it had been sold to a Witch out in Boston, with the intent for it to be used as resonance, but that it would be pointless to follow up with her, as the foolish woman had managed to let it be stolen. Naturally since I had already been paid, this was of little consequence to me.

It was at that point that the Batman informed me that a cult calling themselves 'The Children of Lanka' had managed to obtain eighteen of the eyes, and were plotting a most nefarious purpose. I sensed an opportunity, or thought I had. Assist the Detective in tracking down this dangerous and misguided group, and in the chaos of his assault, retrieve the eyes for myself.

Yes, Ra's, I can already hear you chuckling. Hubris perhaps, but I was after all many years his senior, and this was my first encounter.

I informed the Bat that that much magic in one place, and the scrying should be relatively simple, and being an 'honest citizen with a few more talents than the rest', I offered to assist. The cult was effortless to discover, it was amazing that Blood, or Zatara's daughter hadn't stumbled across them already. We went, and I allowed the Bat to believe this was somewhat unwilling, 'in case the eyes became active'. The attack upon their lair was nothing particularly fascinating, though it had been a while since I had joined in battle, so that was an enjoyable diversion. I managed to gather the eyes and swiftly create an effective illusary fascimile of them, believeing this would trick the Detective long enough for me to return home.

I had only just hit the street outside when I felt a gloved hand on my shoulder.

An interesting experience. I can see why you enjoy your tussles with him, Ra's. I will admit my own shortcomings there.

I hope this missive settles any worries you have. I believe the eyes have been sent to Xanadu for safekeeping.

Yours in Faith

Theodore Edward Dee.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Looks like fun!

My character idea is Locus, a minor magical practitioner that managed to tap into the spirit of the city itself. Changes to Gotham affect him to some extent as well, and so he likes things just the way they are, less than "super" villainy and all

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get feedback on the new builds tomorrow. For now I'm just closing recruitment to new interest.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll get feedback on the new builds tomorrow. For now I'm just closing recruitment to new interest.
    I have a few last things to add to my build. I've been working on it a few days.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

I added a short background and I'm filling in complications now.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Roxy Rocket

“All you Gothamites watching at home get comfy in that chair- but you’ll only need the edge!”

“Witness me and together we’ll escape this boredom that imprisons us all! Like and subscribe.”

“Double or nothing!”

Show
    Roxanne Sutton
    PL10

Abilities [76]
    Strength: 4
    Dexterity: 4
    Agility: 6
    Stamina: 6
    Intelligence: 3
    Awareness: 2
    Presence: 3
    Fighting: 10

Defenses [16]
    Parry: 10
    Dodge: 10
    Fortitude: 10
    Toughness: 10
    Will: 10
    Initiative: 14

Advantages [51]
    Attractive 2
    All-Out Attack
    Agile Feint
    Benefit (Gotham Villain) 2
    Benefit (Wealth 1)
    Chokehold
    Connected
    Defensive Attack
    Defensive Roll 4
    Daze (Intimidation)
    Diehard
    Evasion
    Equipment 6
    Great Endurance
    Inventor
    Improved Aim
    Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2
    Improved Defense
    Improved Initiative 2
    Improved Trip
    Takedown 2
    Fast Grab
    Move-By Action
    Ranged Attack 6
    Uncanny Dodge
    Favored Environment (Dogfighting)
    Startle
    Set-Up
    Fearless
    Power Attack
    Luck 2
    Interpose

Skills [30]
    Acrobatics/Aerobatics Rank 6
    Athletics Rank 6
    Deception Rank 2
    Expertise (Survival) Rank 2
    Expertise (Stunt Woman) Rank 6
    Expertise (Criminal) Rank 4
    Investigation Rank 2
    Insight Rank 4
    Intimidation Rank 4
    Perception Rank 8
    Persuasion Rank 4
    Technology Rank 4
    Vehicles Rank 8

Powers [67]

Bad Feeling [1]
    Danger Sense

Trained Boxer [6]
    Strength-Based Unarmed Damage Rank 6

Roxy’s Rocket [17]
    Flight Rank 8
    Remote Control
    Extras: Affects Others, Alternate Effect
    Flaws: Platform

AE: Roxy’s Rocket Reverse [1]
    Damage Rank 10
    Extras: Area (Cone), Penetrating 6
    Flaws: Vulnerable

Space Rocket to the Cosmos [1]
    Movement (Space Travel) Rank 1
    Flaws: Platform

Lucky or Dead [21]
    Immunity Rank 10 (Life Support)
    Flaws: Half-Effect

Immunity Rank 10 (Fire)
    Flaws: Unreliable (11 or Higher)

Immunity Rank 5 (Bullets)

Immunity Rank 5 (Falling)

Immunity Rank 5 (Explosions)

Immunity Rank 5 (Slashing)

Immortality Rank 1
    Two Week Recovery Rate
    Flaw: Limited (Circumstances of Survival Theoretically Plausible)

Rigged to Explode [20]
    Counter Damage Rank 5
    Extras: Reaction (Being Attacked), Area (Burst)
    Flaws: Attack Check Required

Equipment [30 EP]
    Frag Grenades (Ricochet 1) (18)
    AE: Tommy Gun [Ranged Multiattack Damage Rank 5]
    AE: Flare Gun [Ranged Damage Rank 6, Linked with Affliction Rank 6 (1. Visually Impaired, 2. Visually Disabled) (Flaws: Limited to Two Degrees)]

Grappling Hook (Movement Swinging) (2)
    Personal Parachute (Movement Slow Fall) (2)
    Advanced Night Vision Googles (Darkvision) (2)
    Advanced Cellphone (3)
    Go-Pro Sports Camera (3)

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Roxy dresses like an old-school aviator just like in the old black and whites she used to enjoy. It’s obviously supposed to hug her figure but does nothing to hide the fact that she’s armed to the teeth or is wearing a camera. Still, it’s Roxy Rocket, she’s a pretty attractive manic maniac lady with vibrant red hair and goggles.

Spoiler: Power Descriptions
    Show
    Roxy Rocket is a professional stunt woman, boxer, daredevil, exhibitionist, street racer, demolitions expert, pilot, burglar, media sensation, video vlogger and career super-villain.

I’ve Got a Bad Feeling: A natural gut instinct for danger represented by Senses Rank 1 (Danger Sense).

Trained Boxer: Roxy is fully capable as a boxer and has one hell of a mean right hook. Megaton punch!

Roxy’s Rocket: This version of the Rocket is her most advanced yet; it’s a repurposed engine from an experimental Star Labs project that Roxy once tried to steal. She got away with a part of it! It looks like a skinny rocket that Roxy rides like a witch rides a broom. It has a remote so it can be called to her. Roxy’s Rocket Reverse is when she turns the nasty side of the rocket towards her enemies using it like a mega-flamethrower, often while she’s still in mid-air letting herself fall freely spraying napalm. The original project was designed for space exploration so the engine is capable of getting into space.

Lucky or Dead: Like a true gambler Roxy takes her life into her hands every day where every stunt could be her last. Just like the days before special effects when if you wanted a car crashed a stuntman had to actually crash a car, back in the All-or-Nothing days. It’s up to Miss Fortune whether she’ll be completely unscathed by her flash just like a movie star or burn up in the intensity. But she’s spent more than a few weeks in Gotham ICU waiting to be taken to Arkham when things didn’t go so well.

Rigged to Explode: Roxy is such an old hand with explosives that when attacked she can set off an explosive right in their face.

Spoiler: Almost Got ‘Em
    Show
    ”Can I make this a double? Alright listen up bozos ‘cause if you aren’t following my vidblog this will be new to you. You remember when Star Labs was testing their new Super Sonic Jet? How could I resist the thrill of taking that for a joy-ride?! Huh?! Can you tell me? It’s like they wanted me to steal it! Mm I’m biting my lip just thinking of that succulent speed right now, baby.

Shout out to markylovesgotham who gave us fifty bucks and says Hi Two-Face. Yeah, I’m streaming right now? Don’t worry I made sure to get your good side. Anyway there I am stealing this massive mother of a jet- I’ve got the Star Labs scientists tied up in there, I mean hell they wanted to give it a test run, right? Well I was gonna push that baby to the absolute limit! So just when things really get pumping guess who shows up? Batman, who do you think? The master of keeping me on the brink! Catwoman knows what I mean.

So he’s slowing down the jet and one of the scientists is just zonked out at this point. If you can’t handle the velocity then what are you even doing? The other scientist is screaming at me, you’re gonna hit the city, you’re gonna hit the city, over and over so I clock his lights out so I can get some alone time with the Batman. By this time I’ve naturally broken the controls and the jet is speeding out of control over Gotham, as you do.

Batman comes in and we do a little play-fighting- such a tease. I taunt him till he gives me a proper sock in the jaw. No one can hurt me like Batman can. I can smoke in here, yeah? It’s already lit! Well I’m not gonna put it out. So he pushes me up against the broken controls cod-piece first looking all mad and I ask him if he’s gonna give me a spanking. But getting Batman here was my plan all along and I pull him in close and I swear I can still smell his musk. What a hunk. Total sploosh.

Are you feeling alive? I think that’s what I screamed before I handcuffed us together and told my followers to stay tuned for the DEATH of BATMAN! He’s pressing his spandex and leather against my skin and some associations just don’t go away. So there I am, Batman’s sweat all over my breasts, panting, and ready to die with Batman in a literal blaze of glory- I’m right on the edge! Playing chicken with the Batman? That’s electric dynamic, baby! But suddenly I’m handcuffed alone and he’s free like this one really bad blind-date. Choosing to save those scientists rather than focus on me, and after smacking me around a little too! Little Miss Daredevil here was naive to think that Batman wouldn’t be able to escape after the jet reached a critical speed but he pulled it out somehow like always.

Too bad tho, nothing like the Bat to get my juices flowing. But a girl isn’t going to stay where she isn’t wanted so I blasted apart one of the supersonic engines and escaped by riding with it vibrating between my legs. Anyway, that’s the story of how I almost got ‘em, and how he almost got me... but I had to rely on a machine to do the rest!”

Show
    Addiction (Adrenaline): Roxy is a daredevil and adrenaline junkie always desperate for a hit of the good stuff.

Motivation (Thrills): Like most Batman villains some mental trauma drives her in this case an addiction to danger, a constant thrill-seeker just looking for something to make her feel alive.

Obsession (Fame): And it’s amplified by her desire to be watched and known with the attention always on her. Any publicity is good publicity. That’s why she runs her own video blog recording her own acts of super-villainy and streaming them to millions of fans as art. And don’t even ask about the OnlyFans she made with Baby-Doll.

Addiction (Gambling)

Masochist: Some people are just wired to like getting hurt a little. Some people like it quite a lot more.

Temper: Yeah, I’m a natural red, why?

Spoiler: Lore
    Show
    Roxanne Sutton was born in the south of Gotham near the industrial zone. Her parents led a dull life which Roxy found repulsive so she was always trying to push the envelope or watching old movies. She attended Gotham University and got an engineering degree like she was supposed to making her own way through with amateur boxing. Roxy liked the rush and the way people looked shocked when she turned up all bruised and beaten. It wasn’t long before she was getting paid to do anything stupid and dangerous.

Even after she graduated Roxy kept doing stunt work before quickly going pro. With her technical know-how and willingness to endure pain she was able to set-up the best stunts, even risking her life for the thrills. Soon it got to be too much for the studios and their insurance companies so she got black-listed, destroying her career. Roxy hit two-birds with one stone by breaking in and robbing them in revenge and getting her adrenaline pumping at the same time. This soon extended into general burglary of all sorts always chasing the high of that next thrill.

Inevitably this led to run-ins with Batman and a stint in Arkham but taking on the bat was too good of a time not to have an encore. Now she runs a SUPER-VILLAINS LIVE stream to millions of followers where Roxy performs death-defying stunts for the fulfillment of internet strangers. Lots of people out there love villains and the magic of the internet lets them express that love freely. She continues to rob and steal as lubricate for her true desire which is to be adored for being a thrill-seeking badass daredevil. She’s always gonna be a Gotham Girl at heart no matter how famous she gets, promise. Ciao for now.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2021-03-09 at 12:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Some vague, half thought through ideas in need of expansion/refinement. And a sheet.

Spoiler: Mantis
    Show
    Dr. Amillie Foxgrove has been working in the Kane County Coroners Office for decades now, presiding over the dead of Gotham City - a demanding job that has called her into work at all hours of the day and night. The doctor wore her duties with good grace, chuckling about the evils of Gotham with the trademark gallows humor of her profession. It was a fascinating abstract to Amillie, one that her children and eventually grandchildren slowly drew her into. Her work required her to recognize that of the costumed criminals of Gotham after all - to identify traces of Venom, or the subtle traces of Jervis Tetch's handiwork. It was a step from that to imitation - building a primitive suit of her own, an enjoyable hobby that her granddaughter called her 'cosplay'. She based it on the pet insects she kept as a girl - styling herself the 'magnificent Mantis', much to the amusement of her family

It was a joke back then. A hobby, an indulgence. Her suit was an imitation of the jetpack worn by Lynns, hung in her office to help remind her of happier times while work due bleak. Amillie never intended to take that craft further. Never intended to have to flee through the air, fighting through her life. But circumstances never give us the life we expect.

No Man's Land rocked Gotham to its core. A lot of people died in those days. Doctor Foxgrove doesn't talk about exactly what happened to her, but the first reports of Mantis date from this period - an unknown figure flying over the streets: holding a limp, motionless body. The other members of her family were listed as missing, presumed dead following the end of the lawlessness period

Those events shook the pathologist out of her sense of normalcy, perhaps her sanity. In the alley at night, with scavenged food, she thought back to her bug collection - her ant farm, her garden, the view over it at night. Insects understand how to get through tough times. They can nest in conditions humans never could. She wouldn't be able to survive in this new, violent Gotham without adapting like that. So... she adapted. She found a corner of the city. She kept it safe, her way, whatever the Bat might think. And she racked up a kill count that ensured she'd never be able to re-enter society when the chaos lifted. Name aside, she wasn't Dr. Foxgrove any longer. She was a bug; clinging to her nest, watching over her children. She was Mantis.

Manits has established herself firmly in the Gotham City Underworld in the following years - she lacks the numbers for extended violent confrontation, but she has her production workshop and workers to staff it. She provides armament and vehicles to other gangs at reasonable prices, and has been the root cause of more than one enhanced narcotic hitting Gotham's streets. More terrifying by far are her experiments with mutagenics - she's studied texts by the likes of Albert Desmond, Jason Woodrew and Pamela Isley. Those lessons are put to terrifying use on captured enemies, GCPD and criminal alike, creating freakish monsters to populate the Gotham sewers. To her associates, the old lady is a charming, friendly matriarch who will do whatever she can to keep you safe. But to her foes, Mantis shows no mercy. And the difference between friend and foe can be razor-thin.

Spoiler: Mantis - Mechanics
    Show
    Mantis - PL 10

Strength -1, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
    Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionaire), Defensive Roll 6, Equipment 31, Evasion 2, Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break

Skills
    Acrobatics 1 (+5), Close Combat: Mantis Blades 6 (+10), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise: Pathologist 15 (+20), Insight 11 (+15), Investigation 15 (+20), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 11 (+15), Ranged Combat: Mecha 8 (+8), Stealth 1 (+5), Technology 15 (+20), Treatment 9 (+14), Vehicles 20 (+20)

Powers
    Mantis Suit (Removable)
    . . Bug Wings: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Wings)
    . . Mantis Blades: Damage 10 (DC 25, Advantages: Improved Grab; Grabbing)
    . . . . Deflect: Deflect 10 (Alternate; Advantages: Improved Defense, Weapon Break; Reflect; Reduced Range: close)
    Toxin Link (Easily Removable - linked to Mantis Blades)
    . . Sap the Body: Weaken 10 (Affects: Fortitude, Resisted by: Will, DC 20)
    . . Sap the Mind: Weaken 10 (Alternate; Affects: Will, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20)
    . . Deathknell: Weaken 10 (Alternate; Affects: Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20)
    . . Low-Intensity Vibros: Weaken 10 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Affects Objects Only)
    . . Hallucinogen: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative; Limited Degree)
    . . Sopporiffic: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative; Limited Degree)

Equipment
    Cell Phone (Smartphone), Mantis Suit, Subway Station

Offense
    Initiative +8
    Mantis Blades: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)

Sap the Body: Weaken Fort 10, (DC Will 20)
    Sap the Mind: Weaken Will 10, (DC Fort 20)
    Deathknell: Weaken Stamina 10, (DC Fort 20)
    Low-Intensity Vibros: Weaken 10, +4 (DC Fort 20)
    Hallucinogen: Cumulative Affliction 10, (DC Will 20)
    Sopporiffic: Cumulative Affliction 10, (DC Fort 20)

Languages
    English

Defense
    Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/4, Will 10

Power Points
    Abilities 48 + Powers 25 + Advantages 80 + Skills 63 (126 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 240

--------------------

Mantis Suit - PL 10

Strength 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Awareness 2

Advantages
    Precise Attack (All) 4

Features:
    Cargo (500 cft.) 1, Durable, Remote Piloting

Powers
    Armor: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
    Immunity to Fortitude Effects
    Large: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 Tough, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size rank, +4 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)

Sensor Suite: Senses 7 (Accurate: Radio, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Infravision, Radio, Tracking: Infravision 1: -1 speed rank)
    Wing Engines: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Wings)

. . Pulse Rifle: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
    . . Heavy Blades
    . . . . Blade Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (Linked; DC 25; Dangerous 4, Penetrating 10, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
    . . . . Maximum Force: Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.; Limited Degree)
    . . Vibro-Blades
    . . . . Sword-Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (Linked; DC 25; Dangerous 4, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
    . . . . Weaken: Weaken Toughness 10 (Linked; Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Affects Objects, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
    . . Rocket Launcher: Burst Area Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Increased Range: ranged)
    . . Shriek Signal Loop: Progressive Cone Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Progressive; Limited to Minds)
    . . Sting Launcher: Broad Weaken 10 (Alternate; Affects: Fortitude, Will, Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Broad: Defenses, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
    Heavy Blades: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 25) Maximum Force: Affliction 10, (DC Fort 20)
    Vibroblades: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 25) Weaken Toughness 10, (DC Fort 20)

Grab, +10 (DC Spec 18)
    Throw, +10 (DC 23)
    Unarmed, +10 (DC 23)

Pulse Rifle: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
    Sting Launcher: Broad Weaken 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
    Rocket Launcher: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)

Shriek Signal Loop: Progressive Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)

Defense
    Parry 10, Toughness 10, Will None

Power Points
    Abilities -2 + Powers 103 + Advantages 4 + Features 2 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 125

--------------------

Subway Station - PL 10

Toughness 10, Size Large

Features:
    Communications, Computer, Concealed 5, Deathtraps, Garage, Holding Cells, Holding Cells (Impervious), Holding Cells (Punishment), Holding Cells (Sleeper), Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 5, Workshop

Power Points
    Abilities 2 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 24 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 2 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 28

Spoiler: Arkangel
    Show
    The 'Angel of Gotham' truly believes herself a celestial being, chosen to protect and uplift the people of the city. In truth, she is the thoroughly brainwashed puppet of the Order of Saint Dumas, lost and deluded and resorting to quite unbecoming violence at anything that challenges her indoctrination - to doubt her divinity is to fall and to make herself worthless, and so she refuses to doubt. She lacks her predecessor Azreal's merciless streak, preferring to spread her own good word among the riff raff of Gotham's criminal classes. But if anyone is unfortunate enough to cross her - well, the church she operates out of has quite secure holding cells. You won't leave until you're the good, well behaved little cultist that Arkangel knows that you can be.

Spoiler: Showstopper
    Show
    Formerly a victim of one of Dr. Alchemy's experiments, Jenny S. had difficulty returning to society after her experiences. The counter-agents and psychotics needed to keep her experiencing the side effects of Alchemy's treatment were highly expensive, and an 'incident' after forgetting a dosage left her out of a job. After frustrating weeks and her money running out, the newly minted mutant sighed and stepped out into the darkness as so many others had before her. Thanks to Alchemy, she had the size and strength to serve as impressive muscle. She put up with 'freak' and being put into cage matches for a while. But eventually, pushed to her limit, Jenny pushed back. Now she heads up the gang she joined, and while she's still new to the Gotham scene, the mega sized new criminal is ready to leave her mark.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2021-03-07 at 10:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Will be giving feedback tomorrow, and making selections Wed/Thur. Sorry, life has become a bit more busy than expected.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Will be giving feedback tomorrow, and making selections Wed/Thur. Sorry, life has become a bit more busy than expected.
    I'm a teacher and this is my last week before spring break. I'm very busy too.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry I haven't finished updating my character, I'll try my best to get it done by wednesday

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Inspector Valin
    Show
    1) I just wanna really make sure I'm understanding this properly: you've purchased the Mantis Suit as a Device for when you're inside it, and separately purchased it as equipment for when you're remote piloting it? Are these separate suits (as in, one you pilot, and one you remote pilot), or do they more represent two different "modes"?

2) Low-Intensity Vibros have an indicated attack bonus, but they shouldn't - the attack roll is made as part of the linked Mantis Blades, hence why none of the other potential links has a listed attack bonus.

3) What is the "Grabbing" modifier on your Mantis Blades, it's not on the SRD. From one of the other books?

4) You have Improved Defense, Improved Grab, and Weapon Break listed under Advantages, but they're also granted by your Mantis Suit. Additionally, you've noted yourself as having purchased 80 advantages, but I'm only counting 58? Your point totals appear accurate besides that.

5) Are Arkangel and Showstopper characters relevant to Mantis' backstory in some way I'm not seeing, or are they alternate character concepts you're mulling over?

Spoiler: Phobia
    Show
    No notes needed, the concept is fitting, and the mechanics are solid. Do you have a preference between this and the She-Bat character?

Spoiler: Zhentarim
    Show
    1) For devices, you total up the costs of all the powers inside it, and then apply the Removable. You appear to be applying it to each individual power in the gauntlet? You're doing the Alternate Effects right, AFAICT, but that issue is making it a bit harder to parse your powers.

2) Your character appears to have no advantages, defenses, or skills purchased, and I'm not sure if that's a result of the character not being finished or an intentional design choice. But I also think it doesn't matter too much because...

3) I don't really know how else to really say this: a cosmic-level intellect playing at Time Lord isn't a great fit for this game's tone.

Spoiler: Harbinger
    Show
    1) The way "Removable" works, you should be taking off 23 points, not 22, so you've got an extra PP to work with there.

2) You have 80 skill ranks, so that should be 40pp. Additionally, this would give you illegally high bonuses in "Expertise: Janitorial Duties" (+22) and "Ranged Combat: Sanitizer" (+12, when you have +11 effects in some places). Get each of those lowered by 1 point, and that'll save you 1pp. That'll put skills at 39pp and Powers at 89pp, which has you at a total of 240pp still.

I'm loving this concept, it's the right balance of serious and wacky for a batman villain. Solid theming, solid characterization, solid mechanics.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Spoiler: Inspector Valin
    Show
    1) I just wanna really make sure I'm understanding this properly: you've purchased the Mantis Suit as a Device for when you're inside it, and separately purchased it as equipment for when you're remote piloting it? Are these separate suits (as in, one you pilot, and one you remote pilot), or do they more represent two different "modes"?

2) Low-Intensity Vibros have an indicated attack bonus, but they shouldn't - the attack roll is made as part of the linked Mantis Blades, hence why none of the other potential links has a listed attack bonus.

3) What is the "Grabbing" modifier on your Mantis Blades, it's not on the SRD. From one of the other books?

4) You have Improved Defense, Improved Grab, and Weapon Break listed under Advantages, but they're also granted by your Mantis Suit. Additionally, you've noted yourself as having purchased 80 advantages, but I'm only counting 58? Your point totals appear accurate besides that.

5) Are Arkangel and Showstopper characters relevant to Mantis' backstory in some way I'm not seeing, or are they alternate character concepts you're mulling over?
    Spoiler: Responding time!
    Show
    1: Ah!... no, not quite. I need to come up with a clearer name to distinguish them - Mantis has a small scale mech, akin to the one Riddler busts out in Arkham Knight, using Gadget Guide's rules for mechs but she also has a straight up super suit of her own that she can fight with - one that's faster, but less pure defense than her nice Invulnerable Toughness mech.

2: Eck! Sorry, HeroLab lists linked effects separately, I missed that one in editing, ta for the catch
    3: From Gadget Guide!
    The weapon provides the benefits of the Fast Grab advantage: After a hit with the weapon, make an immediate grab check against the target as a free action, using the weapon’s Damage rank as its effective Strength rank. The weapon attack inflicts its normal damage and counts as the initial attack check to grab the target

4: More HeroLab artifacts - it lists those things in Advantages despite them being granted as powers. And the Equipment Point discrepency is due to the mech having the Durable modifier, doubling the cost of Equipment ranks spent on it (so 2pp for 5ep)

Durable: Vehicles bought with Equipment ranks with this modifier suffer damage like characters rather than normal equipment. The vehicle still functions while staggered, but
    suffers a –1 penalty to Speed rank. It only stops functioning once it is incapacitated, and is only destroyed if its condition becomes “dying”. +1 point per rank.

5: They're alt character ideas. Mantis was just the one I had enough mental wherewithal to put a sheet together for.