New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default PokéMonster Hunter (IC)

From the gorgeous ivory beaches of Sunam, looking out across the ocean and breathing in the soothing sea air, you could almost believe you were on vacation. It's beautiful and peaceful. Well, until you focus on the research base.
    The research base really looks more like a bustling frontier town. Some people carry books and souped-up Pokédexes as they flit from each building, strong pokémon carry crates of materials from building to building while others unload a small cargo boat that has just arrived. The most notable thing, however, are the trainers running about with weapons of every kind imaginable strapped to their back, hips or slung over their shoulders. As you stand and observe the coordinated chaos, an aerodactyl and a skarmory swoop down and each allow a trainer to dismount before the flying pokémon take off again. The trainers look a little beat up and one has only half a sword strapped to their back and they make their way to a building easily identifiable as a PokéCenter, though not quite as sleek and modern as they might appear in other regions.

Abigail
    You've just gotten off the small 6 seat airplane used for most flights to Sunam. You were the only one on the plane, aside from the pilot and flight attendant. The view of the region from the sky was amazing. Lush green jungles, warm sandy beaches, a volcano or two amongst high snowy peaks. An adventure waiting to happen for sure.
    A travel guide approaches and points out important buildings in town like the PokéCenter, a small trading post, a cafeteria, and of course, the main research lab, which is the busiest building around by far. Flying pokémon of all manners swoop through the town, some carrying small packages, while larger 'mon carry trainers in and out of the base. It's a bit chaotic, but it's also kind of thrilling. Prof. Kapok won't be around the base 'til around sundown, so you can go ahead and explore about. If you go into the jungles, don't go passed the fences. the travel guide tells you. Just try to avoid the big gurdurr over there. She gets a little grumpy if people get in her way.

Alice
    Your trip to Sunam wasn't necessarily the most luxurious form of travel. The easiest way to get to the region was to hop on the cargo ship that makes a monthly trip to Sunam. It was cheap, and maybe even a little uncomfortable, but it got you where you were going and really, that's what mattered. Sunam is actually a bit nicer than you'd really been expecting from somewhere riddled with monstrous and incredibly dangerous pokémon. The people are friendly, the research base is tidy despite all the chaotic activity, the buildings look well maintained. As soon as the ship docked- which was no easy task and involved the captain's seismotoad hopping into the ocean and manipulating some of the more dangerous rocks out of the ship's path- several strong pokémon and trainers boarded and began quickly and efficiently unloading the various cargo around the boat. It was a bit difficult to make your way off the boat amongst the hustle, but you managed. No one immediately tries to grab your attention, but there are plenty of people around to talk to, some less busy than others.

Cameron
    You had come in on a red-eye flight early this morning and almost immediately found yourself directed to the PokéCenter where you were able to sleep until a much more reasonable time. As you come down the stairs that lead up to the lodging areas of the Center, a couple of banged up trainers come in. While a nurse tends to the most hurt trainer, the other trainer brings out a gallade who looks on the verge of fainting. Giant swalot in the Mires. I didn't know we had a Giant swalot about. Must be a new one. We ran into it while we were looking for that carnivine that's been causing a bit of chaos around.
    The older nurse tending to the gallade clicks his tongue as he sprays an Antidote over the pokémon. We'll have to let Aurora know about a new Giant. It's weird to get a new one this time of year. I wonder if something's going on in the Mires... he turns to grab some other healing supplies and spots you standing there. Ah! You're awake. I bet you're probably hungry after your trip. If you'd like to grab some food, there's a cafeteria just across the way from here.

John
    You've been around for about a month, and you were actually in the base when Professor Kapok brought in the turtonator, the first Giant you ever saw. It was a massive pokémon, almost bigger than your mind had allowed you to really comprehend. Already turtonators are a little larger than you, but this one was over six times your size and had to be wheeled into the research lab on a massive cart where they planned to keep it in an underground shelter fortified against explosions and the like while they studied its behavior and other manners of its life. Just a few days later was when the professor publicly announced that she was looking for more trainers to join her research expedition, which of course you signed up for immediately. You'd already been helping around the base, usually running supplies from building to building. But now, with more people coming in, your chance of being able to join a hunting group has skyrocketed. You're stocking the backroom in the PokéCenter when you overhear some talk about a new Giant appearing in the Mires, you'd actually heard just this morning that a crew in the Labyrinth found a Giant marowak.
    Spoiler: John
    Show
    John would know that the Mires is the name of a large swamp on the south end of the island, while the Labyrinth is the name given to a massive network of underground caves that range all over the island.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: PokéMonster Hunter (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime12 View Post

Abigail
    You've just gotten off the small 6 seat airplane used for most flights to Sunam. You were the only one on the plane, aside from the pilot and flight attendant. The view of the region from the sky was amazing. Lush green jungles, warm sandy beaches, a volcano or two amongst high snowy peaks. An adventure waiting to happen for sure.
    A travel guide approaches and points out important buildings in town like the PokéCenter, a small trading post, a cafeteria, and of course, the main research lab, which is the busiest building around by far. Flying pokémon of all manners swoop through the town, some carrying small packages, while larger 'mon carry trainers in and out of the base. It's a bit chaotic, but it's also kind of thrilling. Prof. Kapok won't be around the base 'til around sundown, so you can go ahead and explore about. If you go into the jungles, don't go passed the fences. the travel guide tells you. Just try to avoid the big gurdurr over there. She gets a little grumpy if people get in her way.
    Abigail nodded, half listening to the Guide as she hopped from one foot to the other and a barely contained display of excitement and an overabundance of youthful energy. "I'll do My best, thanks for the advice. But....Oh, I can't wait!" She said, the entire display of excitement accessorized by the Mareanie that had its tentacles firmly wrapped around one of Abigail's hands, hugging on tight and letting out pleased chirps at the movements of her trainer. Abigail was lucky that her Pokemon was being careful with its poisonous barbs, but trusted the Mareanie to not poison her on purpose. Looking around, she spotted the cafeteria and decided that before anything else, she would stock up on denser foods and proteins for the coming heavy exercise she was bound to do in her adventures.

No longer able to contain her excitement, Abigail attempted to perform a cartwheel towards the cafeteria. Weather she was successful or not, she would continue on towards the Cafeteria with plans to eat her fill. "Good bye, thanks for your help!" Abigail called back to the Guide.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Acrobatics
    (2d6)[4]

Or if athletics is more appropriate
    (3d6)[6]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice watches the beaches and tropical terrain from the deck of the cargo ship that made its monthly journey towards Sunam's 'port as the wind shift her blond hair around. She had brought her swimsuit, but unfortunately it was for dealing with underwater exploration more than anything else since she couldn't afford a proper diving set rather than enjoying the sunny beaches. She'd have to bring everyone back here when everything was done. Following alongside some of the cargo workers, Alice makes her way into the camp itself. Wanting to waste no time, she tries to find someone not totally busy and makes her way to them.

"Excuse me, would you happen to know here I can find the professor or whoever is in charge? I'm here to join the effort."
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Cameron
    You had come in on a red-eye flight early this morning and almost immediately found yourself directed to the PokéCenter where you were able to sleep until a much more reasonable time. As you come down the stairs that lead up to the lodging areas of the Center, a couple of banged up trainers come in. While a nurse tends to the most hurt trainer, the other trainer brings out a gallade who looks on the verge of fainting. Giant swalot in the Mires. I didn't know we had a Giant swalot about. Must be a new one. We ran into it while we were looking for that carnivine that's been causing a bit of chaos around.
    The older nurse tending to the gallade clicks his tongue as he sprays an Antidote over the pokémon. We'll have to let Aurora know about a new Giant. It's weird to get a new one this time of year. I wonder if something's going on in the Mires... he turns to grab some other healing supplies and spots you standing there. Ah! You're awake. I bet you're probably hungry after your trip. If you'd like to grab some food, there's a cafeteria just across the way from here.

Cameron nods towards the older nurse and gives her a smile as he gets ready to put on his headphones. "Thanks for the info. No way I'm saying no to some free food." As he makes his way out of the PokéCenter he tries to get a good look at the trainers and their injuries in order to get a feel for what he may end up dealing with here. Afterwards he'll head immediately over to the cafeteria with techno music playing in his headphones. "Oh yeah, I'm gonna enjoy hanging out here. Perhaps this place will be where I settle down in the future..." Cameron says to himself as he's about to reach the cafeteria.
    Last edited by Boneless_RPLYR; 2021-02-25 at 12:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Making my roll display correctly here.
    Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    (2d6+1)[8]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

John is on top of the world right now, he had done odd jobs around the center pretty frequently over the last month or so and yesterday he had been dreading the thought of doing more odd jobs around the Center. Today though, today was anew day full of hope. The arrival of all the new blood was his shot. He had his sword sharpened, shield polished, and Barb cleaned.

He is whistling as he stacks bandages and cleaning supplies in the backroom as he overhears the conversation. Curious he takes a step closer, listening. 'I wonder if they're talking about that Marowak?'

He wanders up to the group, Barb rolling beside him. He calls out to the group talking about Giants "Hey do you guys mean there was another Giant that came out? I heard about that Marowak in the Labyrinth, are you saying there is another one? What Pokemon?"
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Abigail
    You dive into a cartwheel, but right at the end, you lose your balance and end up falling onto your butt. Tueila makes a playful trill in a teasing manner at you, and a couple people around smile at your energy, some laugh slightly.
    When you get to the cafeteria, it's busy, but not swarmed. Trainers sit at tables laughing and joking while pokémon of kinds gather at the far end of the building, eating and playing together.
    Spoiler: Perception 8
    Show

There's a very strange looking skitty among the large group of pokémon. It's definitely a skitty, but its color isn't quite right and the three tufts on the end of its tail are heart shaped.

An excited looking woman greets you warmly. Hi! I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Giselle, I'm in charge of supply collection.

Alice
    You find someone who is only checking a clipboard and pointing people and pokémon carrying boxes towards different buildings. He looks over at you, almost caught off guard when he sees someone not carrying a box. Oh! Welcome to Sunam and the research efforts! he nearly drops his clipboard in his hurry to shake your hand. Prof. Kapok isn't around right now, but she'll be in the big research building over there around sunset. Of course, you'll probably see her get here first when she flies in on her noivern. Until she gets here though, I guess I'm sort of the one in charge. I'm Professor Kapok's head assistant, Zander.

Cameron
    You look over the two trainers and the gallade being treated and you can see a few bruises and patches of incredibly irritated skin. It looked like they'd been through a very rough battle.
    When you get into the cafeteria, you see several trainers all sitting at a tables all laughing and joking around while pokémon gather at the far end of the cafeteria, eating and playing.
    Show

There's a very strange looking skitty among the large group of pokémon. It's definitely a skitty, but its color isn't quite right and the three tufts on the end of its tail are heart shaped.

No one approaches you immediately, noticing your headphones and not wanting to interrupt whatever you might be doing. As you head towards the kitchen area to pick up food, you see a small greenhouse beyond the kitchen area growing berries and all sorts plants you've never seen before. A woman tending to several fire pokémon turns and smiles at you, Heya! What can we fix up for ya today?

John
    The head nurse, Eustace, turns to you with his eyebrows furrowed, There's a giant marowak too? I've never heard of so many appearing at once. Eustace hums before looking back to focusing on the gallade he's tending to. The trainer standing by nods, Yeah. We were going around the Mires looking for a carnivine and a Giant swalot practically ambushed us. She put up a massive fight. I sent a message to the people at the Mires outpost as a warning, and so they can try and get her further away from them. On the bright side, I heard more newbies should be coming around soon. The other trainer being tended to by one of the volunteer nurses speaks up now, Actually I heard that some people also spotted a Giant cacturne in the desert. Three new giants? That's really weird right?
    Last edited by TeaTime12; 2021-02-24 at 10:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

John lets out a low whistle as he listens to the Trainers speak, that would be terrifying. Getting ambushed by a Swalot would be terrifying enough but a giant one that could easily swallow you whole along with a spare Pokemon or two."Well that must have been a hole clencher if there ever was one. Impressive you made it out though, that must have been a hell of a fight."

After the nurse pitches in he gets a bit curious "Three? That seems like a lot. How many have been spotted before these ones?"

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Cameron looks towards the woman and pulls down his headphones not wanting to be rude to her asking him a question. "Not really sure. I'm new here so what's on the menu that you'd recommend for a first timer and his partner?" He takes out a pokéball and out pops his buddy Shang. Shang gives a big wave to the woman and the fire pokémon near her. "Shang here has a lot of energy to burn off so I usually try to give him big meals to keep his energy up."

Spoiler: Rolling for the Perception 8
    Show
    (2d6+1)[8]
    Last edited by Boneless_RPLYR; 2021-02-25 at 12:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice returns Zander a firm handshake.

"Pleasure to meet your Zander, I'm Alice. I came here to help the research effort and conduct my own independent research. If the professor won't be back until later, is there anything that needs to be done now? I'm eager to get to work."

11. - Top - End - #11

Abigail
    You dive into a cartwheel, but right at the end, you lose your balance and end up falling onto your butt. Tueila makes a playful trill in a teasing manner at you, and a couple people around smile at your energy, some laugh slightly.
    When you get to the cafeteria, it's busy, but not swarmed. Trainers sit at tables laughing and joking while pokémon of kinds gather at the far end of the building, eating and playing together.
    Show

An excited looking woman greets you warmly. Hi! I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Giselle, I'm in charge of supply collection.
    Abigail ooked at the woman and smiled, waving to her as she tried to share her good day with everyone "Hello! I'm new, I actually came off the plan just a little bit ago. My name's Abigail, amateur survivalist and trainer!" Abigail said with pride, holding out her hand to shake. However, this motion cause Abigail's eyes to slightly change their position, causing them to catch something odd.

When she focused her eyes, she locked onto the Skitty. The odd looking Skitty. A skitty that had a differently shaped tail tufts and an odd coloration. The engine began to roar within Abigai's chest as her legs began to hop once more "Oh my god what is that skitty?! is that a regional species, why is it differently colored, are the hearts indication of type?!" She said, getting lost in thought and almost running off to go get a closer look at the skitty but she stopped her self, and looked to Giselle with an embarrassed smile "S-sorry...I just get a bit excited with new Pokemon...that was rude...Hi, I'm Abigail, Amateur Survivalist and trainer." Abigail repeated, keeping a lock on that Skitty for after the conversation.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Abigail
    Giselle laughs brightly and waves her hand dismissively after shaking your hand. No worries, we love to see enthusiasm around here. We're all researchers after all. Besides, she nudges you playfully, if you're excited to be here, the Giants won't scare you off. Want to grab some food and then we'll see if we can hunt down that skitty and their trainer so you can get all your questions answered?
    Giselle points towards the kitchen area of the building, where a few people are standing waiting for food. There's one guy about your age speaking with a woman who appears to be the head chef. A magmar waddles over and gives one person a large bowl of some very tasty smelling stew while a kingdra shoots steaming water at a basin full of dirty dishes.

Alice
    Zander taps his chin in thought, Well, I can't send you out into the wilds alone on your first day here. Things are a bit dangerous out there, it's best if you go with a group until you're familiar with the region. There's always help needed at the 'Center, people and pokémon get hurt a lot around here given the circumstances. Before I send you off that way though, may I ask what sort of research you're doing? I'm sure there's someone around here that can help provide insight on your efforts.

Cameron
    The chef hums, looking between you and Shang for a moment, Well for your little friend there, I'd recommend something packed with protein! Fish is always on the menu and you can just let me know what flavor of sauce you or your pokémon would like with it. Right now since we're closing in on lunch time we've got sandwiches and the like. Honestly, the world's your cloyster, kid. We've also got the biggest variety of berries in the world. Some even only grow here in Sunam. So if you're ever looking to get a berry juice fix, Hardhat and I have got you covered. As she says this, a small shuckle sitting next to the counter pops out of its shell, looking a bit sleepy.

John
    The first trainer smiles and boasts, Never would've made it out of there if it wasn't for Chivalry's Psycho Cut. He pulls out an aguav berry and hands it over to the gallade. After praising his gallade a bit more, he answers your question about the Giants. Well, personally I've only seen about seven different Giants, but I hear the professor has catalogued three hundred over the years! A nurse cuts in with a scoff, Oh come on! She's catalogued at least five hundred Giants. There's a bit of friendly bickering that breaks out about the exact number of Giants Professor Kapok has catalogued and fought with her own bare hands. Not for the first time, you get the feeling that the professor is a bit of a local hero and that stories of her exploits may be blown a bit out of proportion. After a few minutes of bickering, Eustace rolls his eyes and moves closer to you, Aurora only has about thirty different Giants noted, and most of them haven't been seen in years. The weird part here is that three new ones were all spotted around the same time, and at such a strange time of the year. Autumn has never been much for spotting new Giants.

13. - Top - End - #13

Abigail
    Giselle laughs brightly and waves her hand dismissively after shaking your hand. No worries, we love to see enthusiasm around here. We're all researchers after all. Besides, she nudges you playfully, if you're excited to be here, the Giants won't scare you off. Want to grab some food and then we'll see if we can hunt down that skitty and their trainer so you can get all your questions answered?
    Giselle points towards the kitchen area of the building, where a few people are standing waiting for food. There's one guy about your age speaking with a woman who appears to be the head chef. A magmar waddles over and gives one person a large bowl of some very tasty smelling stew while a kingdra shoots steaming water at a basin full of dirty dishes.
    Abigail nodded, lifting up her arm to look at Mareanie, who was currently having her tentacles wrapped around her trainer's arm yet not pricking the Alolan girl with any of the poisonous barbs "Does that sound good Mareanie? get some food, then maybe meet some new friends!" Abigail asked, receiving a few happy "Mareee" sounds in response.

Abigail walks over to the spread, and starts to take some high energy dense foods, knowing that she would be going out on an expedition soon if she had anything to say about it. She looked at the young man, and couldn't help but try to listen in as she got her food. the advice was sound, and Abigail smiled knowing that people here knew how to feed their pokemon better than some trainers, the ones who only fed them poffins.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"In that case I'll take some rice balls with berry juice and two orders of fish for me and Shang. If there are some sandwiches available right now I'll take one of those as well." Shang jumps for joy over the thought of eating fish. "I'm glad your on board for this too buddy." Cameron says with a smile on his face towards his Larvitar. "Larvi!!" Shang puffs out his chest with pride after receiving praise from Cameron. "Well as you can see, he's really happy about your offer of eating fish."

Cameron takes a moment to consider what kind of berry juice to pick out before he responds, "Pecha berry would make a nice sweet drink so I think that'll be good for us."
    Last edited by Boneless_RPLYR; 2021-03-03 at 04:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

John looks at the Gallade admiringly, they were chivalrous Pokemon and great fighters. 'Loyal as a Gallade' was a saying his old teacher would through out as a happy saying about something John or his Pokemon did or about the virtues of a Knight. It made sense now that he saw one in action, this loyal Pokemon risked a lot to save his trainer and companion.

He shrugs at the nurse "Maybe something causes the gigantism and it got three Pokemon at once? Who knows. Thats a lot of Giant Pokemon though, I can't wait to see one in the wild!"

He says the last bit a little jealously of the trainers who have gotten to go out and adventure in the wilds.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd like to conduct my own research on the pokemon of Sunam and to test a new method of delivering tranquilizers." she responds.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Abigail

After you eat a deliciously prepared meal with lots of nutrients and energy, the skitty and their trainer aren't around anymore, but after asking around, you were told the trainer's name was Cecil, a botanist, and that the best place to find him would be the greenhouse in the research center.

Alice

Oh! That sounds incredibly helpful, Zander remarks excitedly. I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you how valuable a form of tranquilizer would be in a battle with a forty-foot (twelve meter) feraligatr. I think we can get you set up in the research center if you'd like.

Cameron

Got it! It'll be out in a few minutes.
    The food is delicious, and the cafeteria seems to be a nice place to hang out. Lots of trainers trading tips and just making conversation, whether it be about a specific pokémon sighting or just casual small talk, and all of the pokémon roaming seem friendly enough.

John

A couple of people around laugh a little at your enthusiasm. The gallade's trainer smiles a little, Don't worry, you'll have your time soon. It doesn't take a genius to know that the people around- especially the ones who have really heard you enthuse about the Giants- find your enthusiasm heartwarming, although a bit naive. Hey, shouldn't the prof be back soon actually?

Everyone

It's pretty hard to miss the professor's entrance. A noivern swoops gracefully through the sky, fast and silent. As the pokémon dives down towards the ground, people clear the way in the small square to allow room for it to land. A woman hops down from a flight saddle on the noivern's back, a large battle hammer strapped to her back, and light armor covering her torso. Her wild, curly black hair is cut shoulder length and tied back in a ponytail. Her skin is tanned and slightly wrinkled from years working in the sun. She takes an apricorn ball from her belt and gently taps it to the noivern, who retracts into the ball immediately. Hi! I want all the trainers without an expedition group to meet me in the research center so we can properly meet and introduce ourselves. After that, I want to do a big gathering meeting in the cafeteria in... let's say twenty minutes? She smiles broadly as she turns and heads towards the research center, while others return to the bustle of their previous work and spread word of the meeting to those who might not have heard.
    Spoiler: Pokémon Edu 10
    Show

This noivern is about a foot and a half (or about half a meter) larger than the normal size. Professor Kapok's noivern seems to be very experienced and very powerful.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you Zander, I'd love that." Alice responds with a smile.

She turns her attention to the landing noivern and then to the professor. After the professor's announcement, Alice says her goodbyes to Zander and heads after the professor to the research center.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

John's head turns on a swivel as he immediately glances towards the clock. He grins at the others as he starts to jog out, Barb rolling at his side "Oh ya! Thanks. Well i hope you guys get better and I'll hopefully see you out there some day."

He runs out and over to the research center, just in time to catch her amazing entrance on the Noivern. He watches with the others, jaw dropping a little. He shrugs to himself and starts to head to the cafeteria. He had no research group and waiting there for a bit wouldn't kill him. Maybe he could grab a snack?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

As Cameron and Shang are eating in the cafeteria they hear everyone excitedly talking about the professor's return. He overhears some of the other trainers talking about meeting the professor in 20 minutes. "Talk about a lucky break huh Shang? We get to meet the professor after being treated to a good meal. We got some time to finish up our lunch and then we'll head on over to say what's up." Shang happily nods as he finishes up on his fish and rice balls. After 10 more minutes Cameron and Shang finish eating and head over to meet the professor at the research center.

21. - Top - End - #21

Abigail

After you eat a deliciously prepared meal with lots of nutrients and energy, the skitty and their trainer aren't around anymore, but after asking around, you were told the trainer's name was Cecil, a botanist, and that the best place to find him would be the greenhouse in the research center.

Everyone

It's pretty hard to miss the professor's entrance. A noivern swoops gracefully through the sky, fast and silent. As the pokémon dives down towards the ground, people clear the way in the small square to allow room for it to land. A woman hops down from a flight saddle on the noivern's back, a large battle hammer strapped to her back, and light armor covering her torso. Her wild, curly black hair is cut shoulder length and tied back in a ponytail. Her skin is tanned and slightly wrinkled from years working in the sun. She takes an apricorn ball from her belt and gently taps it to the noivern, who retracts into the ball immediately. Hi! I want all the trainers without an expedition group to meet me in the research center so we can properly meet and introduce ourselves. After that, I want to do a big gathering meeting in the cafeteria in... let's say twenty minutes? She smiles broadly as she turns and heads towards the research center, while others return to the bustle of their previous work and spread word of the meeting to those who might not have heard.
    Spoiler: Pokémon Edu 10
    Show

This noivern is about a foot and a half (or about half a meter) larger than the normal size. Professor Kapok's noivern seems to be very experienced and very powerful.
    Abigail happily shoveled her food down, and after ensuring both herself and her Mareanie were properly fueled, she made her way to the research station with her goal being to make a small segment on the Skitty once she managed to corner the trainer. This of course interrupted by the Noivern and the professor who landed with the attention of anyone nearby. Abigail could tell the pokemon was powerful, and experienced in battle, the specimen making Abigail briefly fearful of what could be out there, but it was soon forgotten as she imagined just what new discoveries awaited her. hearing that teams were being set up, Abigail booked it even harder to the research center.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

After gathering your last bits of information and supplies, you find yourselves gathered in the research center. There's a little bit more than 10 people, including yourselves. Professor Kapok is checking on other researchers and making small talk and jokes while she waits until she looks at her watch. Alright! I hope everyone is here. If not, well they'll get a team next time. Hello! I am Aurora Kapok and I'm so glad you've all come here. she pauses and allows the research center to settle a bit. It's a noisy building with machines whirring and researchers convening on various projects, once most of the chatter subsides, she continues. I'm sure most of you are aware, but I will give a brief update just in case anyone isn't. Just a week ago, I found myself in a dangerous battle with a Giant turtonator. Normally in battles with Giants, there's never a safe end, but this time, my samurott and I were able to actually cause the turtonator to faint. We were able to repurpose a supply cart to bring the turtonator here, to an underground holding facility we'd fashioned, just in case we ever happened to capture one of the Giants. As a result, we've made a positively intriguing discovery. I invite you all to follow me to observe the turtonator.
    The professor motions for everyone to follow and leads the group to the back of the research building and through a large vault-type door. Before closing the door behind everyone, she pulls out two pokéballs and releases two ledybas. Hey Ruby! Hey Amber! Want to light up the tunnel for us? Shield your eyes everyone! One ledyba bounces in the air a bit and after an initial bright flash, the ledybas dim to a glow bright enough to light the immediate area around but not hurt anyone's eyes. The professor takes the lead again with one ledyba going ahead of her and the other staying behind the group to light the whole area. After a brief walk through the tunnel, the tunnel opens up into a large room, with an observation window and soft lights behind the observation window. Come take a look. As everyone gathers around the large observation window, there's a wave of sounds of confusion. In the enclosure is a perfectly normal sized turtonator. After recovering from all of its injuries, this turtonator shrunk back down to a normal size. My theory is that whatever is causing the Sunam Giant phenomenon is countered by the pokémon being defeated in battle, which would explain why some Giants that we happened upon when we first got here have seemed to completely disappear. So with this new exciting revelation, we need more help around here than ever before. Especially since we intend to delve even deeper into this mystery and continue to capture Giants. Hopefully without fainting them and hauling them here on a rickety cart someday. Now those of you who don't have your pokémon out already, please release them so I can pair groups up.
    The final groups are a group of five, a group of three, and your group of four. The professor encourages you to get to introduce yourselves as she passes around pokédexes. She explains that they have a few extra features and capabilities, such as access to the whole of the research team's documents and an "Emergency Exit" feature. Once you've gotten acquainted with each other, I highly encourage you to go explore a bit. For now, you'll want to stay out of the dense jungle. You'll know it when you see it. Other than that, you're welcome to ask myself or anyone you've encountered any questions. The meeting I called in the cafeteria is more of an upkeep and report meeting, and since none of you have gone out on expeditions quite yet, you're welcome to skip it or attend. It's up to you. I'm excited for the work we'll all do together!

Spoiler: All
    Show
    This is the first time your characters will be meeting each other so feel free to describe your characters as the others would see you. I also encourage some planning for what you want to do next in the discord, just so you don't have to spend the next few posts debating courses of action in-character.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

John accepts his Pokedex happily, listening to the Professor and zoning out for a second at the revelation. Imagining if it was possible for caught Pokjemon to experience the phenomenon 'I wonder what a Giant Barb would look like...'

After they get sorted into groups he confidently walks over to join with the others as everyone starts to gather into groups. Gotta make a good first impression John!

He smiles and makes sure all his gear is good, sword at his hip and shield on his back he looks about the same as he has since he got to the island. He wears his worn leather jacket and canvas pants, his blonde hair is a little grown out from his normal shorter hair but it keeps out of his steel grey eyes well enough. Well built and muscular he makes sure not to crowd anyone too close or invade anyone's personal space. "Hello everyone, I'm John. It's nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to journeying with you all. This little gal by my side is Barb. We aren't researchers by trade, we tend to be more on the exploring and protecting researchers side of things. What do you all think we should do? I've been biting at the chomp to go explore personally but I've been here for a bit so I don't mind if anyone wants to stick around for the meeting? If we do want to explore I heard some interesting things were happening in the Mire, the Desert, and the Labyrinth."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice examines the new device in her hands for a moment and then puts it away. Before joining her group, she runs a hand through her long blond hair to make sure it's in order along with the red hairband and glasses she wears. She brushes away any dirt and dust on the white labcoat and the blue dress she wears, She takes a moment to adjust her backpack and the unusual firearm she has slung onto her back before making her way to the group with her Deino walking alongside her.

"Hello, I'm Alice and this is Agartha. I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants to do so long as it involves heading out to hunt for pokemon."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Cameron looks at his Pokedex curiously for a moment before he shrugs and spins it on his fingers briefly before putting it in his pocket. He then makes his way over to the group with Shang in tow. He adjusts his wireless headphones around his neck and dusts any lingering debris from his hoodie and beanie before introducing himself.

You guys look pretty lively. Think I'll hang out with you guys since we're all grouping up. Name's Cameron, and this is my Larvitar Shang. I'm good to go exploring whenever you guys are. Lab work was never my strong point after all.
    Last edited by Boneless_RPLYR; 2021-03-20 at 08:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Abigail took hold of her pokedex with an excited thank you and a bright smile, looking through all the functions she could manage in a quick burst before running over to her group. Once she made her approch, she stood proudly with her rugged outfit of a pair of tan khaki shorts, backpack, and shirt with rolled up sleeves and waved to the others, a Mareanie currently engulfing her hand as it hugged on with its tendrils "Hello! So happy to finally meet you all! My name is Abigail Archambeau, and this little cutie," she said, presenting the Mareanie as it chirped in greeting "Is Tueila. Sound slike you guys have already settled on exploring, I'd love to check out the forest or maybe Grasslands first, but the thought of finding new poison or water types in the mire also fascinates me." She said, bouncing up and down, the movement reveal that no where on her person was a weapon, just survival gear, a backpack, and some pokeballs.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

After finalizing decisions, you leave the tunnel along with most of the others. One person from the three person group stays back and watches the turtonator for a few minutes before following everyone else out. The group of five goes towards the cafeteria to join the meeting Professor Kapok mentioned while the three person group heads towards the shoreline, calling up a couple different pokémon and heading south towards a close island. Meanwhile, your group heads north, into the grasslands.
    Spoiler: All
    Show
    Feel free to chat amongst yourselves while you travel. I want to make sure your characters are able to bond and you have a bit of a walk ahead of you to get well acquainted with each other.

It takes about twenty minutes of walking to make it into the true wilds of the grasslands, pokémon seem to have relatively abandoned the area around the research base. Partially due to some farmlands being extended slightly into the grasslands, and the rest because the wildlife around the island is reportedly skittish around large gatherings of people. In the distance in nearly all directions, pokémon are milling about the grasslands, though it's hard to tell exactly what species at this distance. Some seem to be quadrupeds, but there are others that are bipedal, and even some that are flying all around. Towards the east there appears to be a relatively large area that's been disturbed by some kind of activity. There's broken branches from shrubs and bushes while some grasses have been trampled and flattened down. Without getting closer, it's nearly impossible to really inspect what may have caused this though. You can also see rolling hills in the northwest, which according to a few reports accessible on your pokédex should have a few cave entrances among them.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"So what brings the rest of you to this region?" Alice asks, curious to the motivation of those around her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If asked, she'd put down a vote towards investigating the disturbance.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

John gives Barb a nudge with his foot from where she was dozing slightly and the small steel ball starts to roll alongside him as the group moves out. He happily chats with his new hunting party and keep an eye out as they go. Enjoying the sights of the Wild land he can finally now explore and travel through.

"Oh, well my old master said that if I wanted to really follow the footsteps of getting a knighthood I needed to actually travel and explore. Get around more. Help and protect people most of all. I came a few weeks ago because I heard that the Sunam was full of opportunities like that. Giant Pokemon to defeat, explorer teams furthering important research that need protecting, and distant outposts one bad day from being cut off. Unfortunately I got stuck in base camp without a team for a few weeks."

He shrugs, no longer able to be too upset at that setback no that he was traveling out and about. He looks at the disturbance in the distance, trying to see anything around there. "Hmmm what do you all think that is."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls for the disturbance. Perception to notice anything and survival to recognize anything dangerous or whatnot. If Poke Ed is more appropriate they are the same Roll so that can sub in. John is happy to see the disturbance as well.
    Perception: (2d6)[6]
    Survival: (2d6)[5]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Cameron walks along with his new group with his hands behind his head. Shang walks ahead of him eager to walk around the grasslands, but makes sure not to wander too far.
    "I heard from my parents that the professor was hiring people to help out with her research in exchange for getting paid. I figured I'd throw in my hat and join so I can start saving up some money for a sunny day. What about you Doctress?" Cameron says, giving a side glance at Abigail.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If we choose to investigate Cameron will volunteer to keep a lookout for anything that tries to surprise us.