New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default do these more uncanny forethought slots trick work?

im trying to spam as much distilled joy a day as i can without using wealth. i know how to do this with liquid pain but i hate playing evil characters so im not using liquid pain.

anyways so with uncanny forethought you can cast distilled joy as a standard action or as a full round action int mod times per day. so if i have 22 int i can cast 6 distilled joys a day. and im thinking, is there a way to cast more?

first thought is polymorph any object into a white ethergaunt and get +5 int from extract gift for a grand total of int 32. which is 11 castings a day.

then use the fact that it only takes 9-ish hours to regain all your spell slots. thats about 3 times a day so thats 33 castings in a little over a day.

second idea i had is spell slot recovery.
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...pell-slots-3-5

now the wording of the spell must be in a way that lets you regain spell slots, or prevent expidenture of spell slots.

so....
    Quote Originally Posted by absorption
    You can use captured spell energy to cast any spell you know or have prepared, but spells so cast don't disappear from your list of prepared spells or count against the number of spells you can normally cast per day (so you so must keep a running total of spell levels absorbed and used). The levels of spell energy you have stored must be equal to or greater than the level of the spell you want to cast, and you must have at hand (and expend) any material components required for the spell.
    does this prevent me from expending the specially prepared spell slot?
    so i cast absorption
    then i cast a bunch of spells on myself
    then i use that "captured spell energy" to cast spells via uncanny forethought
    and none of my specially prepared spell slots are expended so i can get more uncanny forethoughts off.

Quote Originally Posted by mages lucubration
    You instantly recall any one spell of 5th level or lower that you have used during the past 24 hours. The spell must have been actually cast during that period. The recalled spell is stored in your mind as through prepared in the normal fashion.

If the recalled spell requires material components, you must provide them. The recovered spell is not usable until the material components are available.
    i dont think this lets me get more uncanny forethought castings. i think this one just puts ambrosia in what used to be my specially prepared spell slot. am i incorrect? i want to be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemonic enhancer
    You retain any spell of 3rd level or lower that you had cast up to 1 round before you started casting the mnemonic enhancer. This restores the previously cast spell to your mind.
    same as above

im not familiar with the rest of the feat and class feature options. could someone who does go over them in the handbook and tell me which ones work with uncanny forethought? btw you can ignore all dragon magazine content because its not allowed at my table.
    Last edited by newguydude1; 2021-02-24 at 11:37 AM.