New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Site Navigation "Bar"

Did anyone else just lose the ability to collapse the Site Navigation bar on the left hand side?

I always have it minimized/shrunk, but when I just refreshed the page, it popped up and won't collapse when I hit the double-left-chevron icon.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Site Navigation "Bar"

Still works fine for me. Using Firefox v85.0.2 (64-bit).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Still works fine for me. Using Firefox v85.0.2 (64-bit).
    I figured it out.

Had to allow ajax.googleapsis.com to run scripts, then it would close. Re-denying scripts from that site doesn't force it to re-expand, it stays shrunk.

Guessing some setting timed out, and it defaulted to expanded.
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2021-02-24 at 02:01 PM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

ajax.googleapis.com is a critical script repository that runs the bulk of functionality on this site and many others. Blocking it will cause much of the forums to break. It is not related to the search engine part of Google.

See more here: https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak