New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Banned

Default Re: DEATH BATTLE - Season 8: Settling the debate once and for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    It's particularly annoying how they take some characater's statements as truth and others as "well, he says this, but it's never demonstrated, sow e can't be sure".

Like with characters saying Cell could destroy the solar system... Have any of them actually seen DBZ?? Vegeta could easily destroy a planet when eh arrived at Earth... Cell being able to explode the freaking solar system is more than reasonable given DBZ scaling... And the fact that Toriyama's writing isn't exactly known for being subtle. The fact that it's a character saying it instead of a comic book narrator doesn't change that.

By the end of the Freeza saga, every character can (and does) easily perform and resist planet-busting attacks like they are nothing.
    Man, Roshi blew up the moon with a power level of 100. It's not an exaggeration to say that current characters are trillions of times more powerful than that. Dragonball scaling is weird and inconsistent though, just like comics.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

This time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unsurprisingly, Flash wins. Too many hax and the ability to remove Black's paradox status. I liked the fight though, although I was surprised they didn't get MasakoX to voice Black.

Next time:
    Macho Man vs. Kool-Aid Man. Not spoiled because we already knew when this fight was going to happen.
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2021-09-27 at 12:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: This time...
    Show
    If you have two characters face off, and both are effectively immortal through time travel and paradox immunity, then that's going to be the sticking point. But Eobard has that ability innate to his powers, while the Saiyan formerly known as Zamasu relies on equipment for it.

Break the ring, break the Goku. That honestly seems like a fair call.

It's a game of immortal rocket tag. Each could wipe out the other in an instant, but but both could walk off dying. Until one couldn't.

Next time: Drinking game suggestion. Drink every time someone says "OH YEAH!"

4. - Top - End - #664
    Colossus in the Playground

This match made sense for its final outcome,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both had the power to kill each other, both had time paradox hax that kept them from staying dead, but only one had an "easily" removable method to get rid of his paradox protection. Also, that troll face from reverse flash was perfect. lol

Its been awhile since we got a justin beiber/rebecca black style joke contest. Maybe norris versus segeta sanshuro? Maybe smokey the bear versus macgruff the crime dog? Basically, not serious feats played for entertainment and thrown together into a death match.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Its been awhile since we got a justin beiber/rebecca black style joke contest. Maybe norris versus segeta sanshuro? Maybe smokey the bear versus macgruff the crime dog? Basically, not serious feats played for entertainment and thrown together into a death match.
    There was also Pinkie Pie vs. Deadpool, not too long ago.

*Checks date*

It was 2016. OMG.

6. - Top - End - #666

So both blurbs are up. On the one hand, kool aid man is strong enough to smash through any barrier and can warp reality to the extent of turning mountains into koolaid drink pouches and can dimension hop. On the other hand, macho man has decades of combat experience, has fought spiderman, and most impressively, has fought CHUCK NORRIS. The man so powerful that when he does a pushup, he is actually pushing the earth DOWN. This is anybody's match folks.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a few other relevant feats that they might be saving for the full episode: Kool-Aid Man can smash through the sun while Macho Man can turn into a constellation and scales to Hulk Hogan-who has fought the Incredible Hulk and considers Macho Madness to be just as strong as Hulkamania, which he proclaimed to be the most powerful force in the universe. Such is the strength of Macho Madness that Hogan feared to shake hands with Macho Man because he thought their combined power would destroy the world. They mentioned Kool-Aid Man's jetpack, but not that it allows him to fly fast enough to dodge lasers.
    Another thing to consider, can Kool-Aid Man turn a Slim Jim into Kool-Aid? Because if so that deprives Macho Man of one of his weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    There's a few other relevant feats that they might be saving for the full episode: Kool-Aid Man can smash through the sun while Macho Man can turn into a constellation and scales to Hulk Hogan-who has fought the Incredible Hulk and considers Macho Madness to be just as strong as Hulkamania, which he proclaimed to be the most powerful force in the universe. Such is the strength of Macho Madness that Hogan feared to shake hands with Macho Man because he thought their combined power would destroy the world. They mentioned Kool-Aid Man's jetpack, but not that it allows him to fly fast enough to dodge lasers.
    Another thing to consider, can Kool-Aid Man turn a Slim Jim into Kool-Aid? Because if so that deprives Macho Man of one of his weapons.
    Im more worried about the side effects of snapping into a slim jim. Everything explodes. Would the koolaid man shatter? I mean, we DID see him get taken down by a toddler with a baseball bat in his own blurb. Thats not a good sign.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

This time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kool-Aid Man wins. I like that I predicted turning a Slim Jim into Kool-Aid and that Kool-Aid Man can destroy suns.

Next time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, Alucard will be fighting Dio.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What a weird episode. I mean, we knew it would be, but still. The battle barely even mattered this time.

Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    This is gonna suck. Because they're vampires. I'm sorry that was a bad pun, even for me.

Though both being anime vampires, it's also going to be non-stop hax and pulling even greater trump cards until one wins.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    This time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kool-Aid Man wins. I like that I predicted turning a Slim Jim into Kool-Aid and that Kool-Aid Man can destroy suns.

Next time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, Alucard will be fighting Dio.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless it's Dio over heaven then Dio's got no shot.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

12. - Top - End - #672

Spoiler
    Show
    I will be shocked if Alucard wins this one.

Usually, when they post a match this one-sided, they do some kind of "cheat" to give it to the other guy.

They'll rule that since Alcucard's individual familiars can be stroyed with mundane weapons that Integra's statement that you need to pierce Alucard's head, remove his head, and burn his body to ashes to kill him was a lie or exaggeration.

then they'll have Dio use The World to inflict several hundred lethal blows on Alucard at the same time to kill him over and over and over again and avoid Alucard's most powerful attacks or some bullcrap like this.

Or they'll have him fight Base Alucard but Dio will be a composite of Main Timeline Dio, Diego Brando, AU Diego Brando, and Eyes of Heaven Dio.

Or they'll rule that Alucard's familiars ate technically different people so he'll end up fighting in his Vlad Tepes of Wallachia Form leaving him with only his own power to make it "fair."

Or they'll try to give the pretense of Fairness by having Epilog Alucard(who has only the one familiar, but it's Schrodinger and he has all of Nazi-Kitty's powers) fight Eyes of HEaven Dio(who has ascended to Godhood ad whose Stand, The World Over HEaven, can warp reality with its punches) only to have Dio Freeze time, puch Alucard, and warp away all of his powers.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If Jotaro didn't get Star Platinum Over Heaven, I can't see them doing Heaven Ascension Dio. It's non-canon and is technically as much of an alternate universe Dio as Diego is. The only ways I can see them using it are if they argue "It will take an incredibly long time for Dio to kill Alucard, but Alucard can't even hurt Dio; so we're just going to cut out the waiting and have Dio erase Alucard after they've both show off their powers" or give Alucard Schrodinger, at which point it turns into "Whichever power with no clear limit we've arbitrarily decided is better wins".
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... huh. I just realized that there's one very good reason not to put Alucard up against Alex Mercer, despite it seeming like a much better fight than

"You expected Alex Mercer, but it was Me, Dio!"...

Alex Mercer vs Alucard would be a bloody nightmare to animate.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will be shocked if Alucard wins this one.

Usually, when they post a match this one-sided, they do some kind of "cheat" to give it to the other guy.

They'll rule that since Alcucard's individual familiars can be stroyed with mundane weapons that Integra's statement that you need to pierce Alucard's head, remove his head, and burn his body to ashes to kill him was a lie or exaggeration.

then they'll have Dio use The World to inflict several hundred lethal blows on Alucard at the same time to kill him over and over and over again and avoid Alucard's most powerful attacks or some bullcrap like this.

Or they'll have him fight Base Alucard but Dio will be a composite of Main Timeline Dio, Diego Brando, AU Diego Brando, and Eyes of Heaven Dio.

Or they'll rule that Alucard's familiars ate technically different people so he'll end up fighting in his Vlad Tepes of Wallachia Form leaving him with only his own power to make it "fair."

Or they'll try to give the pretense of Fairness by having Epilog Alucard(who has only the one familiar, but it's Schrodinger and he has all of Nazi-Kitty's powers) fight Eyes of HEaven Dio(who has ascended to Godhood ad whose Stand, The World Over HEaven, can warp reality with its punches) only to have Dio Freeze time, puch Alucard, and warp away all of his powers.
    I don't know why you keep insisting on Death Battle always tries to give the win to the other guy. Most times when they have a mismatch of a stomp, we get the exact result we were expecting to get.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #676

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't know why you keep insisting on Death Battle always tries to give the win to the other guy. Most times when they have a mismatch of a stomp, we get the exact result we were expecting to get.
    I'll go back and double check, but I'm pretty sure what I'm suggesting is more prominent than otherwise... Or maybe it's just becuase the characters that I know for a fact are much stronger than Death Battles depicts them tend to lose in situations where they logically should have won.

At the very least, what should be a stomp going to the other guy is more memorable than what we expect to happen to happen. I could just be forgetting matchups that just werren't prominent.

Regardless, I have a really bad feeling about this. Logically, Dio shouldn't stand the ghost of a chance here. He's powerful but Alucard is several orders of magnitude beyond him. There's really no reason to have this matchup, there are hundreds of anime undead who would be fairer matchups for Alucard or Dio, lots of characters who are thematically similar to one or both who'd be in the same ballpark...

This is a publicity matchup. Two well-known characters connected by some insignificant detail thrown together because they're both well known.

And Deth Battle likes to get attention via controvery.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'll go back and double check, but I'm pretty sure what I'm suggesting is more prominent than otherwise... Or maybe it's just becuase the characters that I know for a fact are much stronger than Death Battles depicts them tend to lose in situations where they logically should have won.

At the very least, what should be a stomp going to the other guy is more memorable than what we expect to happen to happen. I could just be forgetting matchups that just werren't prominent.

Regardless, I have a really bad feeling about this. Logically, Dio shouldn't stand the ghost of a chance here. He's powerful but Alucard is several orders of magnitude beyond him. There's really no reason to have this matchup, there are hundreds of anime undead who would be fairer matchups for Alucard or Dio, lots of characters who are thematically similar to one or both who'd be in the same ballpark...

This is a publicity matchup. Two well-known characters connected by some insignificant detail thrown together because they're both well known.

And Deth Battle likes to get attention via controvery.
    I do think it is mostly just forgetting about the majority of episodes, and remembering the times where a character got robbed because that is much more memorable.

I mean, yeah, that's all true, and having a bad feeling is fair. I definitely don't have a lot of faith in the Death Battle cast. But this happens all the time. We get a lot of characters who have the flimsiest connections for a match up. Like Ryuko vs Shadow. Like the genetically engineered lifeform is a really really common trope. Why do they keep using Shadow for it?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #678

The next fight is going to be kinda strange. I think alucards biggest advantage is also dios. Time. Due to how hard it is to kill him, alucard is going to have a lot of time to both figure out what dio is doing, and find a way around it. And depending on which version of alucard we get he could have a ton of minions with random powers like a magical sniper girl with a mentally controlled bullet capable of blowing through multiple helicopters from a long way away, or maybe he will just have the reality bending power of being unkillable because he wasnt there when you thought you killed him or however you want to phrase his schrodinger power as.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! I've wanted this one for ages, although the total lack of real explanation or understanding of what happens with Alucard in the very end makes it really hard to work out what he should be capable of. (Anyone who tells you they understand the end of Hellsing is a liar.) That aside my money would be on Dio, indestructible punch ghosts who can stop time and move at the speed of light are hax even before you start getting into also having fancy vampire powers.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

20. - Top - End - #680

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! I've wanted this one for ages, although the total lack of real explanation or understanding of what happens with Alucard in the very end makes it really hard to work out what he should be capable of. (Anyone who tells you they understand the end of Hellsing is a liar.) That aside my money would be on Dio, indestructible punch ghosts who can stop time and move at the speed of light are hax even before you start getting into also having fancy vampire powers.
    In most cases I agree with you, but there are two main exceptions. Someone tough enough to tank the best shots dio can dish out until he figures out the trick and a way around it, similar to the kenshiro fight, and someone he just cant kill because it requires certain specifics he has no way of knowing about and may not have the time to figure out, which this falls under. Either alucard has to be killed literally 3 million+ times to stay dead, or he may not be possible to truly kill at all without literal reality warping that exceeds the method he uses to survive. 3 million deaths is going to take a LONG time, even with time stop. Thats 3 million chances for alucard to figure out the trick and a way around it. If its the other, i hope they add in some abridged to that so we can get a "Eff you, thats how" when dio inevitably gets frustrated and demands to know why killing him doesnt work. I think the 3 million method gives the best chance of alucard victory. Once he realizes the time stop lasts for only so long and has a cooldown, he can send out endless waves of attackers to overwhelm him. He wont have time to kill them all and wont be able to avoid the literal sphere of bodies 50 layers deep charging for his intestines. At least, im assuming there is a cooldown and he cant just spam it back to back for all eternity with a tenth of a second flicker of time passing between freezes.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

I think the 3 million method gives the best chance of alucard victory. Once he realizes the time stop lasts for only so long and has a cooldown, he can send out endless waves of attackers to overwhelm him. He wont have time to kill them all and wont be able to avoid the literal sphere of bodies 50 layers deep charging for his intestines. At least, im assuming there is a cooldown and he cant just spam it back to back for all eternity with a tenth of a second flicker of time passing between freezes.
    There is a delay, at least for the version of Dio and The World that people are most familiar with (stuff gets weird if you include the alt-reality Dios and the people possessed by Dio or the powers displayed by other forms of what are ostensibly Dio in other series), but Dio and The World are also separately strong, tough, and fast enough to not really care about being spam attacked by minion waves. Might help set up Alucard for an attack his own, tho.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

I did the math on this at some point (in this thread?) and determined that if Alucard's life count is accurate, and if there's even a 1 second delay between times Dio can use The World's time stop (and it seems likely it's at least slightly longer in terms of "cooldown"), he would be physically incapable of killing Alucard before the sun comes up and fries him.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

I think realistically Dio wins by getting Alucard to release Level 0 then punching his head off, while Alucard wins by getting splattered and regenerating until dawn then forcing Dio into the light. Since Dio's win condition is dependent on Alucard doing something that he has no reason to, Alucard's is a lot more practical.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684

Alucard blurb is up. Pretty standard so far, nothing that should surprise anyone who has watched the hellsing series. Usually they save their big twist power for the full episode though. They didnt cover what he could do with the minions he has on him just the extra lives part of it and that he is a soul eater which may be a problem for dio.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty excited that they hinted that Dio will somehow get Scary Monsters. It doesn't make any real difference in the outcome, but I really want him to turn into a dinosaur to fight Baskerville.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

This time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You thought Alucard would win, but it was him-DIO!. I think they massively overstated his stats, since the whole point of the Silver Chariot vs Hanged Man fight was that Polnareff couldn't hit a beam of light unless he knew what path it would take, and casually dismissing Dio's sun weakness by saying he'd just hide was something of a cop out, but I'm generally satisfied with their explanation. What it comes down to is that even a low-balled Dio is much stronger than Alucard, and if Alucard uses Level 0 he loses the one advantage he does have.

Next time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akuma vs Shao Kahn. We knew Akuma, but Shao Kahn is a boring opponent for him. Too bad.
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2021-10-25 at 02:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    Alucard loses becuase he did a dumb and used Level 0 well before he ever would have had a reason to suspect he needed that kind of power. And of course, even if he hadn't, they ignore Integra's statement early on that under normal circumstances you have to Peirce Alucard heart, remove his head, and burn him to complete ash in order to 'kill him' so even if they hadn't used him...

God damn it. I knew they'd screw Alucard.

Also, Sarcastic Lough regarding the bit about not breakibg the rules of the setting.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-10-25 at 02:22 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #688

This time
    Spoiler
    Show
    as soon as they named strength speed and durability for dio I knew it was over. Alucard just doesnt have anything capable of overcoming those power levels. And lets face it, alucard doesnt HAVE durability feats really. He has "I dont stay dead when killed" feats. It doesnt matter how hard you kill him usually, because in the words of gimli "THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE!" And his best minions just dont have anything that can change the outcome. Like 99.99% of them are bog standard ghouls with no special abilities other than "Is a cavalryman" or whatever. And the special ones he does have clearly dont scale to dio.

Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didnt we already do this? I thought akuma fought shao khan, or was it shang tsung? We know shao khan can kill m bison at his peak, but then, so did akuma. And he did it easier from what i remember of the game. :p

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Didnt we already do this? I thought akuma fought shao khan, or was it shang tsung? We know shao khan can kill m bison at his peak, but then, so did akuma. And he did it easier from what i remember of the game. :p
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akuma fought Shang Tsung last time. I knew Shao Kahn was probably the most likely opponent, but I was hoping for one of Raoh from Fist of the North Star, Garou from One Punch Man, or Yujiro Hanma from Baki.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

This time
    Spoiler
    Show
    as soon as they named strength speed and durability for dio I knew it was over. Alucard just doesnt have anything capable of overcoming those power levels. And lets face it, alucard doesnt HAVE durability feats really. He has "I dont stay dead when killed" feats. It doesnt matter how hard you kill him usually, because in the words of gimli "THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE!" And his best minions just dont have anything that can change the outcome. Like 99.99% of them are bog standard ghouls with no special abilities other than "Is a cavalryman" or whatever. And the special ones he does have clearly dont scale to dio.

Next time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: But...
    Show
    Akuma.... technically didn't beat Bison at his peak. He flat out snuck attack him. twice. AFTER he already fought someone. That and they pretty much retconned that ending as of Street Fighter V. Which happens before 3 and after 4. New canon as of V flat out states that Bison's body was destroyed in 2, but he lived, and as of 5 he's using the Black Moon system to reamp his power to regen a new body, since Seth, Cammy, Rose, Ed and Falk pretty much didn't cut it. Hell... come to think of it because they updated his power technically Shao Kahn didn't beat Bison at peak either.... Nicalli was supposed to be an "emissary of the gods" and he got beat by Bison and straight up bodied by a Ryu that had the Hado Kakusei....

I will say this though: Thanks to Tekken 7, Akuma has some more feats to bounce off of, so he should have an even better showing.